Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Socks with grippies on the bottom.
Yoga (maternity) black pants a couple comfy tops
Clean shirt for DH
Food and drink for labor - for ME, regardless of hospital policy
Toiletries
nursing bra
Going home outfit for baby - same that DD1 wore
HEADPHONES to plug into the TV if you're not in a private room. Trust me, your roommate will appreciate it! (Grrrr...)

Y'all are going to think I'm looney, but I'm taking my own sheets for after labor. with DD, any body part that touched the hospital sheets broke out in the awful rash (Sensitive skin+hormones) and I'm not going through that again even though it's a different hospital this time. Maybe it's just a hormonal hing for me, maybe it won't happen this time at all, but ick. I'm not taking chances!
My own pillow in a colored/patterned pillowcase so it doesn't get lumped in with hospital pillows.

Once baby is born, all I wanted to do was eat, sleep, hold the baby and shower. Nursing and caring for the baby took up much of my time, I didn't care one whit about magazines, movies, etc. And my labor with her was so fast I didn't have time to get bored! Plus, I plan to labor at home as long as possible, so hopefully the sitting around waiting for it to get serious stuff will happen at home, not in the hospital.

And, yeah, none of this is put together! It's FAR TOO EARLY to be talking about this!

Oh, and let me just say - the first meal after birth is AMAZING. I had bland hospital food and practically asked for more it tasted so good. Hormones! So take yummies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How convenient, this thread has been here all along?!

I am just now getting around to this, sad huh?

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09

User Tag List