You know you're very pregnant when... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita angelica View Post
SO FUNNY. the other day i actually was going to ask my husband how we could figure out how to install a bed pan, but then i realized it was INSANE.
I actually did that...using a stock pot I think. Started when my in-laws were sleeping over in the room that I had to walk through to get to the bathroom, and then just kept it up. Worked for millennia in cold-weather climates, worked for me.
#32 of 47 Old 11-18-2008, 02:25 AM

-you spend the entire month of June in the lazy boy with your feet propped up on cushions because they are 3x bigger than normal. (I think I read 5-6 books that month waiting for DS to come out and smile at us)
#33 of 47 Old 11-18-2008, 09:33 AM

--when you almost lose your balance trying to lean over and reach your DH for a kiss (darn belly makes it hard to reach!)

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#34 of 47 Old 11-18-2008, 10:38 AM

Your mama friends arrive for home school group, and the first thing out of everyone's mouth is, "Oh gawd! Look at you!". What does it say that I thought they were all referring to me still being in my pajamas.

The upside was the chiro in our group gave me a mini adjustment, and I felt much better. She also lectured miss thing who has dropped precipitously in the last week. No babies allowed until New year's eve. the week after Christmas would be ok, but the chiro is going home to Canada until 12/30, and she wants to be on call in case I need her for c/s prevention at the hospital.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#35 of 47 Old 11-18-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
--when you almost lose your balance trying to lean over and reach your DH for a kiss (darn belly makes it hard to reach!)
You still kiss your DH???

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#36 of 47 Old 11-18-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
You still kiss your DH???
No comment... Im working on being nicer to mine, even though I want to neck punch him half the time! Im now working with the, Maybe I can guilt him into pulling his head out of his ass by being nicer to him than usual and making him feel guilty that he is being such a pain. Then perhaps I can get him to wash the dishes or pick his own shoes up off the livingroom floor. Maybe some day I will get a backrub... or at lest an "are you ok, do you need anything?" when I am doubled over in sacro-illiac joint dysfunction agony. :

Sorry.. off topic.. Im a little cranky today!
#37 of 47 Old 11-18-2008, 02:02 PM

- when you give in and wear your DH's trousers to work because your maternity clothes no longer fit and there is no point in buying more because you dont have enough time left to make it worth the money or energy.

- you sob uncontrollably when you realize you cant wear DH's pants without a bella band because you cant zip them... not even under your belly!
#38 of 47 Old 11-18-2008, 08:05 PM

awwww, don't cry acory! *hugs*

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#39 of 47 Old 11-18-2008, 08:26 PM

-when you can't stop weeping

-when you stand up and it feels like you might crack in half from your pelvic bone up...heck, maybe if I do, maybe baby will just fall out easily and I can skip the labor and delivery part.

...and whoever posted the "turning over and getting out bed post, was spot on. I think it may take me more like 10 minutes though.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#40 of 47 Old 11-19-2008, 05:54 PM

How about when you are just so uncomfortable that you can't face putting clothes on because the make you even more uncomfortable. I just want to run around nakkie all the time now.
#41 of 47 Old 11-25-2008, 12:21 PM

-You make yourself late in the morning (no matter how early you get up) because your brain is foggy, your clothes never seem to look or fit right, you cant get your hair right, your skin is gross looking from the hormones so you arent happy with your makeup, you have to run from the car to the house like 20 times because you forget stuff, and you cant NOT get toothpaste on your belly while you are brushing your teeth.

GRRR! (bad morning)
#42 of 47 Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM

- when pictures of TweedleDee/TweedleDum remind you of yourself

- when you try to squeeze between 2 chairs of people at a restaurant, realize you underestimated your girth, and end up backing out and apologizing to them

- when "watch baby kick the paper cup off my belly" becomes almost a nightly parlor game

~Mylah~ wife to Steve and constantly amazed mom to beautiful baby Bodhi, born Jan 2009.
#43 of 47 Old 11-25-2008, 12:53 PM

acory, sounds like we have similar mornings on a regular basis :

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#44 of 47 Old 11-25-2008, 12:54 PM

- You find yourself singing "Weebles wobble but they dont fall down"

- You can tell which baby body part just stuck out from your abdomen and you can feel when she is putting her hand in her mouth. (FREAKY FEELING)

- you find yourself living on a diet of cheese, oatmeal, apples and recharge because its the only thing left you can stand to put in your mouth.
#45 of 47 Old 11-25-2008, 03:28 PM

- the slightest hint of cigarette smoke makes you want to vomit (at least it does me...although I guess thats always been the case, so maybe its not pregnancy related..)
#46 of 47 Old 11-25-2008, 03:31 PM

Oh yeah, and CozMama was right on! I hate wearing clothes b/c they just don't stretch enough!!
#47 of 47 Old 11-25-2008, 07:33 PM

- if you are alone and notice your shoe has come untied, you weigh the risk of walking with it untied and how difficult it would be to tie it yourself!

This happened to me on my way to class today. I finally decided to tie my shoe after I spotted a parked car that I could use to put my foot on the tire, so I could reach my shoe....and I still couldn't breathe while I did it!

- if you tie your sneakers really loose so you can just slip your feet in and not have to tie them every time you put them on!

- if you look at your bed and it looks like a whole army must sleep there judging from how many pillows are there!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page