Babysitting in SW VA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2008, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am planning on moving to the Roanoke/Bedford/Lynchburg area (Bedford County most likely) at the beginning of August. I would love to find an AP family in need of childcare, who would like to have a private babysitter/nanny for their child/children. My daughter is almost 2 and would be part of the arrangement as well.

This would be a role-reversal, as right now I am the one who pays a SAHM to watch my daughter 3 days per week. I have learned a lot from the experience...in particular, that it works beautifully! My DD has learned to get along with another little one, share, play together, etc. I say she is practicing to be a big sister!

I don't have any formal childcare experience, except for the fact that I have raised this great little girl for the past 2 years. I have, however, done lots of research right here on MDC and beyond. I've read numerous books on child development, nutrition, health and natural family living, am active in LLL, etc, and now I'm ready to put it all into practice!

I would work on an hourly basis either in your home or mine, and we can develop a routine that suits everyone. I have reliable transportation so we can take lots of trips to parks, library, etc. Please let me know if you are interested! PM or email me at [email protected].

User Tag List