Considering Leaving my full time job - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am currently taking steps in preparation of leaving my job. I am a full time mid-level manager at a university however the job is so stressful and time-consuming that it is causing excessive stress and anxiety in my life. I have a side craft business that is in its second year - and is doing pretty well. I also got a job at starbucks to help supplement my income. My partner and I can live on a reduced income if we adjust our lifestyle. I am not usually the risk taker but I am not happy with my current quality of life, so I must make a change. Today's job market has not lent itself to finding a new job in my field. I have always wanted to focus more on my business so I feel like i'm not quitting to work at starbucks (which is not a bad company to work for anyway).

I am looking for some advice, things to consider maybe I haven't, words of encouragement, caution, etc. Does anyone have a similar story?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2010, 11:54 AM

I just wanted to say good luck! That sounds wonderful. Stress is really damaging to our bodies, I have diabetes because of it from the stress I had this last year. I hope your business really takes off, when I get pregnant again next year and after the baby comes I'm planning to stay home and do my farm thing and figure out how I can make money selling raw milk, eggs, and veggie starts. I don't have enough room to grow a lot of produce for farmers' market, but I think starting small I will do ok.

What kind of craft business is it?

, you can do it!

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 03:29 AM

Sorry, I am on the opposite of things job wise compared to you. No story here, but I do agree that stress esp. from a job is very damaging. I would like to know what your business is too! I am interested as I am a former graphic designer.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Stress is one of the main causes of leaving jobs. I'd felt this on my skin, when I quit my job at Walmart. Sometimes, it's just not worth it.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:26 PM

Lightbulb work from home

There are so many oppurtunities to work from home and spend more time with your family. I don't get why so many people work a job they hate. Well,, actually I do, .. I use to ! Becareful, theres so many people online promising to get rich. I learned the hard way. If your up for a little work to earn a steady income than try reading some of the stuff on this site. It changed my life. http://ebookrook.com/

Last edited by happy13; 10-03-2014 at 06:27 PM.

User Tag List