Wanna live in Minnesota?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-08-2008, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are a family of five looking for someone that may be interested in sharing our home in exchange for some homestead help. This would be ideal for someone that likes the country life, or thinks they may like the country life!

We live in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house on five acres. We are located about 30minutes from La Crosse, WI. We strive for a simle country life. I homeschool, try to cook and bake as much as possible from scratch. We raise our own chicken for meat and eggs, my husband hunts for the purpose of food, we have two dairy goats for milk, and have a large garden. My problem- I don't have enough time to do everything! I know it will be easier once the kids are older but right now a little help would be great.

We could offer the right individual (with or without children but no men please) room and board. You would have your own bedroom and share the rest of our home. Food would be included. We try to eat mostly organic, whole foods. We can not offer a wage. Depending on your experience, maybe you could learn skills from us, maybe I will be learning from you, or maybe we will learn from eachother!

What I'm looking to gain from this - hopefully a friendship with whomever lives here, help with the kids (this isn't a babysitting or nanny job though), help with everyday chores, cooking, cleaning, gardening, animal care, etc. Occasionally we like to visit family that live a couple of hours away. It would be great to have someone here to feed the animals for a couple of days.

What you could gain from this- hopefully a friendship, a quiet place in the country to live rent free. Good, healthy food. A chance to teach some things if you are experienced or a chance to learn some things if you are new to homesteading.

Please don't get the wrong idea of me using the word "homesteading". I think of homesteading as being as self-sufficient as possible, especially with food. It's not like we are trying to live like we would have 100 years ago. We have electricity, running water, indoor plumbing, sattelite tv. My husband works in La Crosse.

If you think this could be something you might be interested in (short or long term), please send me a pm or email. Tell me a little bit about yourself!

User Tag List