Wanting But Waiting Tribe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2009, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just saw the wanting but waiting thread in the fertility forum and thought it was an awesome idea, so I’m going to just borrow it and post a thread here, since this is the forum where I feel comfy and at home I thought it would be nice to have a thread like that here, since we all share common ground, face similar challenges and can relate to one another.

Wanting but waiting, a support thread/tribe for those of us who want to be pregnant and will be TTC... but not quite yet, for whatever reason.

Anyone else interested? The other thread lists usernames and when they will start TTC. We can do that here, if anyone is interested. I guess just PM me or post the info here and I'll add it. Otherwise, feel free to just use the thread to chat

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

The list, for those who want to participate-

And like I said above, PM me or post here if you want your name/info included.

I guess I'll start!

Waiting to TTC

expatmommy- Late spring/summer 09
millefleur- Summer 09
lemurmommies- April 09
Carrin- Early 2010
MovingMomma- June/July 2010.
Parker'smommy- Waiting :
Sophiasmomma- Waiting
MisaGoat- June/Summer 09
moonglowmama- Summer
dinahx- Waiting
ArtsyHeartsy- Spring/Summer 09
haleyelianasmom- Summer 09?
fantesia28- May
TTC Catholic- Late summer 2009
LouisianaMomma- June

Moved on to TTC!!
: : :
jess_paez
btmama
marinak1977
Vermillion

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 02-28-2009, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Here’s what’s going on with me right now-

I’m emotionally ready to be pregnant, not to mention I am having a HUGE case of baby fever right now! But I’m going to wait a bit, for physical reasons.

I’ve been working out for a couple of months now, and have lost 15 pounds so far. I would like to lose about 30 more before I get pregnant. Yep, lose weight to end up gaining weight But, I just want to do what I can to be healthier and more fit next time around. The exercise also helps me to deal with stress, which was an issue last time, so I want to be well established with that when I do get pregnant so I can keep it up during my pregnancy.

So that's what I'm waiting on! And the closer I get to my goals, the more antsy I get!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 05:16 AM

I'm desperately wanting but waiting for now.

Its been almost a month since Max was born still. My doc said wait 3 months & dh is taking her literally at her word. I'm hoping that AF will return in the next few weeks. I think I might be ovulating, but I'm not sure.

Dh & I will be in different countries for July/August, so in my ideal world (which all notions of ideal were shattered when Max died) I'd be pregnant before that. I think we'll prevent for the next 2 months & then hope for the best.

Mom of 5: dd (10), ds (8) & dd2 (4), my sweet baby son born still 3/2/09, and celebrating the arrival of our dd 5/7/10.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey Sweetie!!!

How about *I* want a baby...like 2 years ago, and dh is now wavering...big time. The door isn't closed, slammed shut, but he is just SO worried...about everything. And ya know...I get it, I do. I mean, how can I tell him after losing 2 babies in the second trimester that everything is goign to be a- okay. I don't know that it will be. I'm totally sick the entire 9 months...and then there's the economy, which is freakin' him out. All totally understandable concerns. I'm willing to take the risk...I'm there. But I'm NOT willing to do this without a 100% partner. If we did lose another pregnancy, I'd need him, and if he wasn't onboard 100%, he'd only be resentful.

So I'M wanting and waiting on my dh.....I've been praying a lot about it and I have a good feeling that he'll come around....he just needs some hand holding. :

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

Old 02-28-2009, 09:24 AM

Wanting now, but waiting until this summer. I am a prime candidate for PPD and I think having a baby in fall or winter would really increase my risk. Plus our financial situation and my health could be better. So, I will be wanting and waiting too. So probably we will try again this summer 2009 - to try for a spring 2010 baby.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:05 PM

I love this thread! Thank-you!! I was starting to get all jealous of the Testing thread. Hah! Well.....I am wanting to try to conceive in October 09. Hoping for a August baby, but you just never know how long it will take to conceive. I say October, because DH and I travel for his job. Now we're in Spain until late April. After that we will be going straight to Italy until December, so if at all possible, I would like to be a couple months pregnant when we return to the states/(or possibly Canada). I just bought health insurance & a maternity rider in July and just can't get pregnant now, it won't cover me overseas.
We also don't rent a place or own, because his company pays for our living expenses while we travel. So, it's a great way for us to save. I don't know what the future holds, but we did decide to rent a little place in the states for me if for some reason he has to go to yet another country after Italy.
But my uterus is aching!!! I want to grow a baby NOW.

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

Old 02-28-2009, 12:52 PM

Just wanted to give you girls some big ((((HUGS))) ... I'm actually just moving on from this place. We have been waiting since Emma died in October but will be trying again after next AF (Due ??? poss 10 days if my LP settles).

So, I understand the compulsion and the holding back. Great idea for a thread, Vermillion

Jill &heartbeat.gif the keepers of my heartheartbeat.gif : Dave, Ben (9/2002), Lucy (9/2004), (m/c 9/2007) Emma (born still on her due date and forever missed 10/2008) and Tobias (1/2010)grouphug.gif
Old 02-28-2009, 02:44 PM

I'm here too!

We tried this month to get pregnant, but it didn't work and AF arrived yesterday. And since we're travelling in March, we won't be trying because we won't have access to our donor.

So we'll be trying again come April '09, unless something comes up and our donor can't make it. But I'm trying not to think about that possibility.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
Old 03-01-2009, 10:20 PM

Thanks for starting this. I didn't feel like I belonged anywhere right now. We are hoping for a baby beginning of 2010. So, we are planning on beginning TTC after April of this year.

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:32 PM

Hello All!

I am here in this TTC limbo too.

I feel for all of you and I am so sorry for your losses.

I just got test results back the I have the compound heterogenic MTHFR mutations and I just started high dose folic acid and baby aspirin. I am very hopeful about avoiding future miscarriages and I can't wait to TTC next month.
I have had two 1st trimester losses.

I am at peace with waiting right now. But, it sure is hard!!! I can't help but think that I am supposed to still be pregnant. I wish there were a smiley that stomps it's foot on the ground toddler tantrum style, because that is how it feels sometimes.

But, another part of me is truly peaceful and hopeful. And, this may sound silly, but I think that my future baby is waiting for my body to be healthy.

Happy body and spirit healing to all of you!

Margot joy.gif- lovin' life with DH and my 3 little loves
Thrilled to be pregnant with baby#4, but being cautiously optimistic since I have had 3 miscarriages.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmama View Post
Hello All!

I am here in this TTC limbo too.

I feel for all of you and I am so sorry for your losses.

I just got test results back the I have the compound heterogenic MTHFR mutations and I just started high dose folic acid and baby aspirin. I am very hopeful about avoiding future miscarriages and I can't wait to TTC next month.
I have had two 1st trimester losses.

I am at peace with waiting right now. But, it sure is hard!!! I can't help but think that I am supposed to still be pregnant. I wish there were a smiley that stomps it's foot on the ground toddler tantrum style, because that is how it feels sometimes.

But, another part of me is truly peaceful and hopeful. And, this may sound silly, but I think that my future baby is waiting for my body to be healthy.

Happy body and spirit healing to all of you!
i'm with you on the smiley or rather a lack of smiley!!!

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmama View Post
I wish we had that smiley too!

I never thought myself immune to pregnancy or birth loss, but somehow by the time I got to 28 weeks, I didn't think I needed to worry anymore. Guess I was wrong, eh?

I went to a birthday party yesterday for one of E's little friends, who's mom I used to work with before I became a SAHM. She got pregnant after I did, and of course now she's visibly pregnant. With us trying this month and it not working, and knowing I should still be pregnant with Noelle, it was everything I could do not to just run screaming from the party. But I made it through.

We're about to call our donor to discuss possible travel dates for April. Wish us luck.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
Old 03-02-2009, 06:37 PM

Oh, great thread! Thank you!!! I'm on the one in the fertility forum, but I don't feel at home there.

I wish wish wish we could TTC ASAP. But we'll be good to go from a physiological standpoint in April, and if we conceived then the baby would be due right when DH is supposed to deploy. We've thought about doing a pregancy & a deployment concurrently before (trying for a due date shortly after retun from a deployment) but there is no way either of us could stay sane through that after our loss.

So. We are waiting, oh so reluctantly, until after DH returns from his deployment sometime around June or July 2010.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 03-03-2009, 01:05 PM

anyone doing anything to prepare for when they are ready?
I'm losing some weight. I'd like to lose another 20 lbs. I've lost 10 and gained A LOT of muscle so far and inches. I went off birth control 3 months ago and have had 3 periods of which were natural. I want to figure out my cycle. So, for now we are using condoms. I also want to buy a basal body thermometer, supplements and tea when I'm in the states in 10 days. I'm saving money so when I fall pregnant we can have a slush fund. And also I bought insurance in July with a maternity rider just in case I happened to get a "suprise pregnancy". I didn't have ins with Joslyn, so getting insurance helped with my peace of mind!!!
What about you lovely ladies?

Old 03-03-2009, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

So I just added you ladies to the list, if you don’t want to be on there for whatever reason, just let me know and I’ll take your username off.

I’m also psyched to see that lots of us will be trying at the same time. : that everything goes well for all of us and we'll all be able to share good news with eachother soon!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 PM

Vermillion- thank you for this thread!

Jess, I too am interested in what you all are doing in your wanting but waiting time. :smile

I have been trying to focus my energy positively. I have been keeping my lost peanuts in my heart but at the same time trying to focus on celebrating life.

I have also been trying to pamper my body. Eat wonderfully healthy food. Get more sleep. Do more yoga. I am a yoga teacher, but I often let my own practice fall short. I found some yoga poses meant to aid in fertility too.

MovingMama- I am sorry that life circumstances lend themselves to you having to wait so long. That must be hard. And, it must be hard to be away from DH.

Lemurmommies- Best of luck with your donor!

s to all you other waiting mamas!

I am so grateful to have you all. Def. helps me stay sane!

Thrilled to be pregnant with baby#4, but being cautiously optimistic since I have had 3 miscarriages.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_paez View Post
anyone doing anything to prepare for when they are ready?
I'm doing a ton of stuff while waiting... Like I mentioned above, I'm also doing the weight loss thing. I'm now up to 17 pounds lost since December. I'm losing at a nice, steady rate to make sure I stay good on my nutritional requirements and such. Ideally, I'd like to lose another... oh, 25/30 pounds before TTC. I'd love to lose 50 total, but I'll worry about the rest after pregnancy. Right now my main goal is to get in better shape before pregnancy, better heart rate and B/P, more so than just getting thinner...

For fitness, I’m doing a mix of stationary biking, walking outdoors now that the weather is getting better (I’m in New England, it’s cold here! ) strength training, and my new favorite, yoga. The yoga is mainly for stress relief, a BIG issue of mine that I want under control before pregnancy, but I’m finding that some of the yoga I’ve been doing is also a really good workout!

Other things I’m doing: Lots of good mind and spirit stuff like meditation and breathing exercises, as well as getting back into spirituality. I want to get rid of negativity in my life, or at least control it in a more positive way. Something that really slipped after losing the baby.

I’m eating better again, yet another thing that I kind of let go of after losing the baby (hence the weight gain). No more junk, huge portions, etc. Lots of fruits and veggies, whole foods, water, green tea... I’ll be starting a prenatal again this month, as well as probiotics and fish oil.

I'm sure there's some more stuff, but I've already written a novel here! Basically I'm just working hard at getting back on track with all the things I should be doing anyway, TTC or not! Things that just make me feel stronger and better in general, which I definitely need before being pregnant.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:38 AM

Well, our donor booked his plane ticket for April today, so we're a go for next month. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be it.

TTCing after a loss would seem so much easier for me, at least logistically, if I didn't have to worry about how timed my cycles are and when our donor needed to fly in from across the continent. Oh, to just be able to BD around O day and hope. I mean, since we're inseminating at home techincally that is kind of what we're doing, but it's as if my husband lives in another country three time zones away. Gah.

As for what I am doing to prepare. Hmmmm. I am keeping up with my prenatal and my folic acid. I am doing my best to reduce the amount of takeout we eat by meal planning and cooking balanced meals at home. I am trying to focus a lot on family, on how we work together, and on what it will really mean to bring another life into the mix. And I am working through my feelings about losing Noelle on a nearly daily basis. As my due date gets closer, it's getting harder instead of easier, which has kind of surprised me. But I'm working on it.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:44 AM

HI Id love to join in if its ok

Im Shelly... I had 2 MC last yr and I am actually waiting and not sure why..
Well alot of fear and I still have some questions for my Dr...

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
Old 03-05-2009, 01:01 AM

Hi, I am in.

I had a miscarriage in July and another in November. We are waiting for a few things to get settled because right now we have a lot of uncertainty about everything beyond May.

I think we might try again in June or a little later depending on how quickly things are sorted out.

I feel like I've been waiting forever, we have a 2.5 year old son and I already waiting to get pregnant last spring and well that didn't work out and neither did the next time around. Of course now I don't feel like getting pregnant will be the hurdle, staying pregnant will be.

Most of the 'get ready' stuff is not directly related to my health or emotion but more like where to live, finding a job, getting our financial stuff back on track. I am pretty healthy, although I have put on a few pounds since November.

Melissa- mom to a boy 9/06 and a new boy 11/10 and married to my best friend 7/02
Old 03-05-2009, 02:02 AM

Lemurmommies- I am glad things are aligned for you to TTC soon. Good luck with the geographic logistics of it all.

Welcome MisaGoat!

Welcome Shelley! I hear you about the fear part.

I have been feeling so peaceful about waiting. But today, it is so painful. I guess b/c I am entering into the week before AF there is the hormonal let down of not being pregnant. I feel the sadness in my body. It hurts. Yuck!

Old 03-05-2009, 06:49 PM

HUGS btmama I know that feeling your talking about all too well... For me its stays with me every month before AF comes

Old 03-05-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
TTCing after a loss would seem so much easier for me, at least logistically, if I didn't have to worry about how timed my cycles are and when our donor needed to fly in from across the continent. Oh, to just be able to BD around O day and hope. I mean, since we're inseminating at home techincally that is kind of what we're doing, but it's as if my husband lives in another country three time zones away. Gah.
: that made me giggle.
welcome everyone
i too am doing the weight loss thing and started off hoping to lose about 40 lbs before ttc, but if i did i would be pretty small and then my body would need more fat and i would end up right here again. for example if i started out at 150 my body might gain 20 lbs? but if i started at 120 my body might gain 40. i'm no expert, but from conception to 22 weeks i only gained 10 lbs and was not exercising or eating that well. so i am taking that as a sign i won't gain that much the next time around? you just never know.
on another note: i dtd tonight without protection. EEk!
it was my "fault". too much information, but i was the one on top and he said "ok(in a matter of words)" and i didn't get up. i have no idea why i didn't. none. DH and i talked about it the other day and he said he would like to try when i am ready, so it's not like i used him against his will. :
well i just got over af a week ago and my cycles are a bit long (33-35 days?). i'm hoping i'm not pregnant, but now it's got me thinking of maybe trying earlier? hmmmmm

Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_paez View Post
on another note: i dtd tonight without protection. EEk!
lol, same here... But on Monday afternoon. oops!

Thing is, if I do get pregnant from that, my EDD would be 12/2, the day we lost our little one. I posted a thread about avoiding that date, but, as someone mentioned on that thread, that could possibly be a healing thing. Take a date that was bad and possibly make it good... So honestly, I wouldn't mind... But...

I'm not due to ovulate until around the 10th, so we'll see. I got af on Feb 22 and since I've been working out I'm averaging a 31 day cycle.
Anyway, I figure if it's meant to be, it'll happen. If I don't end up pregnant this month (which I probably won't) I'm still going to wait until May/June-ish

Good thoughts for you if you do end up with a +++ soon!!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 PM

We DTD Tues. night & I'm sooooo nervous that I didn't actually O on Sat. I probably did, but my high temp level isn't very high, and I'm a little sick, & my CM has been way less this cycle. Suffice to say: I'm nervous! If we do have an oops this cycle, we would have the baby a month before DH is set to deploy, which would be ok.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 03-05-2009, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

For those of us who had an "oops" moment this month, : for the best possible outcome, whatever that may end up being for each of us.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion View Post
For those of us who had an "oops" moment this month, : for the best possible outcome, whatever that may end up being for each of us.

:

we're all naughty. kinda sucks, because i don't believe in fate. so, if i get pregnant i can't say things to ease my mind such as "this was meant to be". i would be happy, just was hoping to be better prepared. what about you guys? what would your first thoughts be (you never know til you're in the moment), but what would you do?

Old 03-05-2009, 10:38 PM

I'd be thrilled, but scared witless that things have not sorted out enough to be able to sustain a pregnancy.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:29 AM

OH Vermillion.. for me that date is Dec 5th It was my due date of my first MC and then I ACTUALLY MC my second MC on that night talk about WANTING to avoid a date

So I know how you feel....

for all those have OOPsss good luck to you all... I know for me iF I even DTD Id want an oops cause in all reality this TTC gets stressful

Im thinking that april or May will be good for me to start TTC again.. Im hoping by then I will be more emotionally ready!!
plus my oldest is going to kindergarten in sept. and I was hoping to spend a few months with just DS alone to give him my all

User Tag List