i want an angel baby "not smiling" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-11-2009, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this may sound dumb and petty, but id really like to have an angel baby graphic thingy for my signature that is not a huge smiley face with wings. im not happy my baby is gone, and while i know my baby is smiling in heaven, i never got to see that smile and it stings every time i see my signature. soo if anyone out there is reading this and can make it happen can you make an angel baby, maybe one sleeping peacefully? needs to be gender neutral too, i dont know what my babys gender was, i dont want to have to pick between pink or blue. plus the pregnancy loss ribbon can also symbolize other things and i want it to be dedicated to pregnancy and baby loss.

if they can make dancing broccoli and a spinning demon, surely thay can make a baby sleeping peacefully on a cloud???

ok now that i typed it out i feel silly! but just something that has bugged me-maybe it has others too??

thanks for my vent!

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

oh and since i am being pissy already, i might as well ask them to please remove the baby/pregnancy related ads that appear here. save them for the other forums? i avoid the baby aisles in stores, im not ready to go there, so cant they remove them here so i can go without a sigh of sadness when i click on this forum? and i dont want to have to pay money to see no ads, i just dont want to see baby ones. id rather see anything else and be fine with it. does this only bug me?? i swear im not usually this knitpicky and cynical geez!

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#3 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 AM

I agree that a smilie face angel seems a bit trite.

Mom of 5: dd (10), ds (8) & dd2 (4), my sweet baby son born still 3/2/09, and celebrating the arrival of our dd 5/7/10.
#4 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 06:46 AM

I agree with you ...

I don't have the little pink angel in my siggy for that reason - I have the grieving, broken heart one instead. I'm a Christian, I believe my daughter is healthy and whole in heaven and I believe I will be with her again and I HATE with every fibre of my being that I gave birth to 40weeks, 7lbs 4oz of pure perfection who never opened her eyes and saw her mama, her daddy or her brother and sister. The whole "better place" thing does NOTHING to comfort me and I'm with you. I'm sure she is happy but I. AM. NOT. so a smiley angel (and FWIW ... she isn't an angel, she doesn't play the harp and she isn't sitting on a cloud somewhere!!!) just seems wrong to me.

But that's today ... tomorrow I might be fine with it. Such is the nature of my grief.

The ads thing really got me to me when I first started posting here ... I never thought to say anything. 5 months down the line, I sort of take the opposing view - we're all still mothers (even if it's not in the traditional sense for some of our children) and those adverts kind of represent that we're not stuck in some kind of "loss ghetto" and we're not excluded from "normal" mother stuff ... but, as I say, that's a view I've gradually grown into (and I still can't manage the baby aisle, pregnant women or newborns so I have a way to go yet!!) not how I felt in the early, raw stages.

I'm sorry you have needed to join us here and I hope you find comfort and support in the postings here. I know I have.

P.S. I looked at your blog from your other thread - thank you. I found your thoughts very helpful to me this morning.

Jill &heartbeat.gif the keepers of my heartheartbeat.gif : Dave, Ben (9/2002), Lucy (9/2004), (m/c 9/2007) Emma (born still on her due date and forever missed 10/2008) and Tobias (1/2010)grouphug.gif
#5 of 11 Old 03-12-2009, 11:49 AM

Maybe a cartoon icon is just not an appropriate expression of the loss, at all.

I have not even been able to bring myself to alter my siggy at all.

Mommy to kids

#6 of 11 Old 03-13-2009, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

thank you for your kind responses. i appreciate it.

#7 of 11 Old 03-13-2009, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just don't use the smiley. I lost a child... but I don't believe he's an angel... that's not my belief system.
#8 of 11 Old 03-13-2009, 01:46 PM

I think her point was that a smilie happy angel doesn't really reflect her heartbreak & she wants a way to acknowledge the child she lost.

Mom of 5: dd (10), ds (8) & dd2 (4), my sweet baby son born still 3/2/09, and celebrating the arrival of our dd 5/7/10.
#9 of 11 Old 03-13-2009, 01:49 PM

Try posting in questions and suggestions, we have a couple of members who are great at making smilies. I think a sleeping baby would be a nice addition to represent losses.

-Angela
#10 of 11 Old 03-13-2009, 01:53 PM

Something along these lines might work (in smilie form): http://www.mygardengifts.com/index.a...ROD&ProdID=335

Actually, that's a nice statue.
#11 of 11 Old 03-17-2009, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

yes!! that is beautiful!! thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page