I guess it's official! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-18-2009, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AF showed up this morning. Now I'm at cycle day 1. This is my very first cycle actually trying to get pregnant. The cycle I concieved Amelia I knew I was fertile, I told DH, and we just kinda' ignored it for the first time. I got pregnant. I can only hope it's that easy this time.

Now, confession time! DH thinks that we are "seeing what happens". He knows I chart so he knows that I'll know when I'm fertile. I imagine I'll just have to deal with that when it comes but...it's kinda' sneaky knowing how to read my charting.

I'm so very scared to jump into this again. I know that Amelia was healthy and that gives me some peace. I know that I didn't have a 1st trimester m/c that can repeat itself. I know that what happened was a crazy thing that I might be able to prevent the next time. But, my god, the thought if going through this from day one again...I would go crazy.

Here's the plan..
I'm allowing myself to use opk's as often as I like but that I need to remember to do them correctly...11-4 pm, 4 hours before the last urination.
No early pregnancy testing. I WILL NOT TEST before I'm late. No crazy 9dpo testing!
I will live in the moment.

It's scary to be here, but I'm excited.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 PM

4 hours before the last urination.

ok i am an IDIOT i lost the instructions from my test and i didn't do this, i just tested anytime in afternoon without really thinking about when i last had a drink of peed,

oops,
oops
and double oops!

anyway
goodluck with catching the next egg, i get the feeling it won't be long till your knocked up

Jools

29/07/09...baby Samson, lost at 16 weeks.
with DH for 6 years, looking for lots of sticky baby dust for our baby.
#3 of 7 Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the hope Jools. I'm reminding you..you got pregnant before, you'll do it again. And think, now you know about opk's and charting and all that is ttc. You have more knowledge than you did before.

My opk don't say spicifically to not pee for 4 hours. It's just something I read over and over (but never followed) on hpt/opk sites.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#4 of 7 Old 08-19-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForKiddos View Post
No early pregnancy testing. I WILL NOT TEST before I'm late. No crazy 9dpo testing!
I will live in the moment.

It's scary to be here, but I'm excited.
Good for you! I'm so excited for you! :

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#5 of 7 Old 08-19-2009, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks MI Dawn. I'm excited for you too!

I hope we all head over to PAL soon and can manage our pregnancies without stressing too much or killing our DH's!

#6 of 7 Old 08-19-2009, 03:45 PM

He Cindy,
just wondering how AF is for you, i hope not to crampy or heavy, is it like normal AF or diffrent, i guess il be dealing with my first AF in the not to distant future and just wondered what to expect

Jools

29/07/09...baby Samson, lost at 16 weeks.
with DH for 6 years, looking for lots of sticky baby dust for our baby.
#7 of 7 Old 08-19-2009, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Hey there Jools,

I felt crampy a few days before. The kind of crampy that would have made me run to the bathroom knowing I was bleeding but there was no blood. Before fallng asleep i had a smear of light brown on the tp. The next morning I had a big temp drop 98.4 to 97.8. I still felt crampy. More light brown when I wiped. By afternoon it was red..still really light. Enough where it hits a pad but not enough to feel coming out or anything. I was hoping to bd last night to get things going but I didn't. This morning my temp is still low, my flow is red and thin but still light. I'm crampy but not enough to need anything for pain.

I'm not sure if it's going to just stay super light or if I'll get a really heavy flow all of a sudden. My normal periods were normally a medium flow for 3-5 days. I never used pads so I don't know if I'm able to really judge visually the difference.

Despite wishing it were a bit heavier flow it's nice to feel like my body is doing something.
I'm actually getting pretty excited about all the firsts in pregnancy. I cried this morning thinking of Amelia's 4d ultrasound but god, it was so happy and exciting I'm looking forward to having that happiness again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page