What's your fertility type? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a quiz from the Making Babies book. Thought I'd pass it along.

http://www.makingbabiesprogram.com/q...aire/index.php
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 03:15 PM

I'm tired & stuck. Sounds rather about how I feel, most days.

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#3 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 04:30 PM

Stuck and Dry.

Hrrrm.

Monica, mom to Lilly (7) and Carter (4) and rainbow baby Elsa (11/27/10).

#4 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 05:02 PM

Stuck and Tired.

No shit?

This actually made me laugh though and it's been a crap day so... thank you to the OP.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#5 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForKiddos View Post
Stuck and Tired.

No shit?

This actually made me laugh though and it's been a crap day so... thank you to the OP.
Haha, that's what I got too. It's true in more than just fertility!

Thanks OP. That's a good site. I've been looking into TCM lately so that was helpful.

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#6 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

lol You're welcome ladies! Glad you enjoyed!
#7 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 06:34 PM

Tired. *sigh*

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#8 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 06:45 PM

Okay - I have to ask - what is a rainbow baby? :

#9 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKiya View Post
Okay - I have to ask - what is a rainbow baby? :
They are the baby born after a loss. The rainbow after the storm.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#10 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
lol...I'm apparently tired and stuck too. I guess that about sums up the TTC experience. Ok..not stuck anymore, hopefully. c'mon Clomid and progesterone!!!

Interesting, though, about the hypothyroid and poor circulation. My acupuncturist actually was gonna help me with this. : Thanks for sharing!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#11 of 31 Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm Stuck and Dry. Yeah, that sounds right. But I contend that I'm tired too.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#12 of 31 Old 08-27-2009, 02:23 PM

Tired.
mm hmm

Cool site - thanks for the link! I'll have to ask my acupuncturist if she knows about the 'Making Babies Program'.

Are you doing the program? If so, are you seeing changes?

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#13 of 31 Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 PM

Tired and dry! Sounds about right.

I'll let my acupuncurist know too!
#14 of 31 Old 08-27-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForKiddos View Post
They are the baby born after a loss. The rainbow after the storm.
Ahhh, thank you. I tried googling it, but all I found was GLBT babies, and I was preeeety sure that wasn't the context it was being used as on MDC.

I'm sorry for your loss, and hope your rainbow shows soon!

#15 of 31 Old 08-27-2009, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKiya View Post
I'm tired & stuck. Sounds rather about how I feel, most days.
That's what I got. I answered according to previous cycles.

Aeona - married to super hot nerd Toby . . . mama to Grace (10) Evangeline (8) Duncan 11.14.08
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Henry (5) born at home and Ruby, 11.27.14.

#16 of 31 Old 08-27-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Gumby View Post
That's what I got. I answered according to previous cycles.
Oooh, and you've conceived! Do you mind sharing if you did anything special/different?

#17 of 31 Old 08-28-2009, 12:36 PM

Moving to TTCing after a loss...

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#18 of 31 Old 08-28-2009, 01:36 PM

I am 'tired'...and its right!

this is exactly what my acupuncturist said - and now I am pregnant!!!

Quote:
TCM perspective: This type is called kidney “yang” deficiency in TCM, and reflects a broader hormonal imbalance going beyond reproductive hormones and encompassing the thyroid, adrenals, and pituitary gland. Weakness in these systems affects metabolism, circulation, and thus reproduction.
#19 of 31 Old 08-28-2009, 03:32 PM

another Tired here. yeah... not surprised.

Leah mom to Delilah 9/00, angel Stephen lost 5/25/09 at 40 weeks, and twins Gus and Cash 1/10

Expecting a miracle January 2012

#20 of 31 Old 08-28-2009, 08:50 PM

I got "stuck" too, but when I read the Advice for your type, it didn't jibe.
Aww great, now I have to do it again :

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#21 of 31 Old 08-31-2009, 08:04 PM

That's really interesting. I am waterlogged and tired. I'm already taking the supplements they suggest.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#22 of 31 Old 08-31-2009, 08:30 PM

Tired (for sure!) and stuck.

Jen, Mom to DS (8) , DD (5) & Alli
(1-04) (8-09)
#23 of 31 Old 09-03-2009, 06:42 PM

Another Tired and Stuck -

Maybe we should start a support group to keep each other on track - because there's alot of advice and supplements associated w/ these 2.

Save
#24 of 31 Old 09-03-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierrbugg View Post

Maybe we should start a support group to keep each other on track - because there's alot of advice and supplements associated w/ these 2.
Hey, I'm up for it!

I actually really want to go the TCM route for fertility stuff. I have this book “The Tao of Fertility” that pretty much says the same stuff as this. I can deal with all the advice for my type except avoiding raw and cold foods as I’m doing the green smoothie challenge and seeing good results so far health wise, so I’m not really feeling that too much. Hopefully I’m not mucking things up too much

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#25 of 31 Old 09-04-2009, 10:35 PM

Stuck. And I suppose it's somewhat accurate...

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#26 of 31 Old 10-03-2009, 10:02 AM

This book has truly been a godsend! When I first got the book and started reading the different types, I knew instantly that I was a Tired type. Literally 2 days later, I got a call from my doctor that told me that my blood tests results were back and at the time the only thing she could tell me was that my thyroid was low (Hypothyroidism) and that I would have to be treated...all you Tired mamas know that's a typical issue with Tired types. I was so happy to have that confirmation! So, I started researching on the internet and found that the most common cause of a low thyroid is Hashimoto's disease. I looked a bit more at my miscarriage pattern ( I have had 3 all at around 10 weeks) and it completely fit the hashimoto's diagnosis. Then, I switched docs, went to an endocrinologist, got a new blood test, that included the antibody test for Hashi's and was told yes, in fact, that's what I have. I also have some clotting issues, so baby aspirin along with Synthroid is what I have been put on. I feel like I finally have an answer to my problems! I am beyond excited and can't wait to try again. I really think that any of you moms that have the Tired type should have your TSH and the antithyroid antibody test ASAP, if you haven't already!

Jessica Siczkowycz

Student CPM with Birthspirit Holistic Midwifery Services

Labor Doula

Certified Placenta Encapsulator

Mommy to four amazing kiddos, married to the best husband ever

#27 of 31 Old 10-03-2009, 05:45 PM

Interesting stuff!
I didn't know how to answer a lot of the questions...my cycles are so erratic. I'm on a lot of supplements right now and have recently been diagnosed as Celiac...plus I have a genetic hormonal deficiency that I never knew I had...so my Dr and I are trying to get things all happy and balanced. We shall see.

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#28 of 31 Old 08-14-2013, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i didn't use the evaluation tool on the site, but i own this book and have already figured out my type from reading it.  i am waterlogged.  what's funny is that i figured out how to improve my health in a far more roundabout way than simply reading the book and taking its advice (anyhow, i would tend to be reluctant to just take & follow advice from one single book).  i had tried all kinds of changes to my health and habits, and finally figured out that although i crave the heck out of carbs, they do me no good whatsoever (sweet potatoes are my one exception).  after a lot of experimentation, i figured out that by not eating wheat, the cystic acne i've had since i was a teenager finally went away (who knew wheat or ingredients in wheat-based products could cause cystic acne?  i sure didn't!).  i started making sure not to spend more than half of my day sitting down, moving, even if just walking about the house on my feet doing low-intensity stuff all day---i am tremendously lucky that i'm not stuck in a chair at a desk job!  i started eating primarily fats and proteins (salmon, nuts, milk, eggs, cheese) and non-sugary fruits (tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado) as my dietary staples, and suddenly joint pain (that i was starting to think was now my permanent condition, at the ripe old age of 30) went away.  i'd always felt swelly and i couldn't exercise without having to blow my nose constantly, and that almost entirely stopped.  i don't even have to have a nose-blowing rag with me during exercise anymore.  i tended toward a lethargic, unmotivated mind frame, paradoxically coupled with an inner churning of a restless, anxiety-ridden motor.  this has gotten loads better, and while i am still more prone to these tendencies, i find myself physically energetic and mentally calm (or just joyfully enthusiastic) the majority of the time.  i'm also not as uncomfortable during the heat of the summer now that i am not chronically inflamed!

i'd always thought that following a "special diet" and getting regular exercise was something i couldn't stick to.  but the amount of discomfort or compromise (whatever you want to call it) that i get from having a highly restrictive diet now completely pales in comparison to the effects i was unwittingly subjecting myself to with my old habits.  i can't imagine going back to that.  and whenever i've snuck and eaten a couple of oreos, a flour tortilla, or some crackers, i've broken out with several large cystic acne blemishes, making me totally regret those tiny slips (i didn't want to believe it was possible at first that wheat was truly the acne culprit, but i have finally conceded i have to have ZERO wheat).  and after much trial and error, i'm finally not willing to do these things that don't agree with my body.  and it helps, of course, that i'm now back at my high school weight (lost 30 lbs over the last 8 months) and still continuously getting more fit and feeling better.  my blood pressure, resting glucose, triglycerides, and cholesterol are now the best they could possibly be (honestly, i've always had fairly decent results on all these tests, but they had crept up a bit in recent years, and now they are even better, so admittedly there's probably some luck, genetically, going on here).  if you can't tell, i'm super enthusiastic about my state of affairs right now, which is so cool when i'm about to be TTC in a month or two.

so when i read this book, i identified myself, almost to a T, in the "waterlogged" category, especially based on how incredibly helpful the changes i made (which corresponded very closely to their suggestions for improving fertility in the waterlogged type) have been for me.  i haven't yet had any fertility struggles, as we are only ABOUT to be TTC for the first (and probably only) time.  i'm still doing all that preparation stuff, like taking prenatal vitamins for 3 months beforehand, eliminating non-organic food sources and artificial sweeteners, etc., to cleanse my body to have an ideal, healthy womb.  but i'm very encouraged that i will not experience the fertility issues that waterlogged people often experience because of the changes i started making around the beginning of 2013, that were obviously so important to my health and well-being.  if i do experience any problems, though, you better believe i'm going to consult a TCM/acupuncturist provider.  it seemed like a puzzle for me to solve, figuring out the changes to make to my life ("healthy" eating is defined so differently in most places from what has worked for me!) but apparently the TCM approach had this one figured out already, and that is super reassuring.

anyway, kind of a long story, but i definitely really love this book, in conjunction with TCOYF.  they complement each other very well.  i don't feel like any doctor i've visited (and i've had doctors i really, really like and trust) has ever given me such valuable guidance, and when i saw a RE (i'm gay & they have to store the donor sperm for us), i felt like the go-to approach at that office was so prematurely interventive that i wondered if they knew about these things at all---they said they always do IUI, and are fine with me doing ICI, but they made it seem like i'll be one of the only patients who ever goes this route---like cervical mucus is just so pesky, why bother interpreting it when you can just confirm ovulation with ultrasounds?  i realize most people go see REs when they are having trouble in TTC, so that might automatically put me in a less common category of patient, but shouldn't fertility doctors be the first ones to educate us about the things presented in these books?  the RE actually said they would be no help to me if i needed help evaluating my cervical mucus, and seemed only marginally interested in seeing the results of my diligent charting!  it was truly bizarre.  and, mind you, this is a popular, top-rate facility in the 2nd largest city in the country.  needless to say, it made me appreciate these books on a whole new level!!!

TTC w/ frozen donor sperm at home. queer, 34. DW is 43. 
 married 12 yrs. 

and soon   

#29 of 31 Old 08-22-2013, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Tired and dry.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B,
J,
J, G
I'm on a healthy mission.
#30 of 31 Old 12-02-2013, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I am stuck and tired.  Can someone copy and paste what this means please?  Cause the results won't show up on my computer for some reason.

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page