Hope, Healing and Conceiving Again in April 2010 – Springing toward a new beginning! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 147 Old 03-31-2010, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Happy April, ladies!

This thread is for women who wish to conceive after a loss and need support, hope and healing. If you wish to be added to the thread or want to modify your info please make requests in bold. Threadkeeper reserves the right to remove you to In Our Thoughts, from Waiting to O and Waiting to Know sections, if you have not posted to the thread in 3 months.

Fertility Friend Charts - Since we will no longer be able to link charts in our signatures, they'll now be posted next to your name in the status list below. Let me know if you want your chart added to the list. If you do, just post the link and add the icon in your post so I don’t miss anyone.

Bring on the RAINBOW babies!!

Waiting to O:

alireb
cagnew
columbusmomma
FMS619
GolfAddict
Grahnola Mum
InstinctiveMom
Jen+6
ladyjools
Kelilah
lovbeingamommy
MFuglei
MI_Dawn
no5no5
slarue
SLOgirl
willowsmom

Waiting to know!:

Evenstar1025
finnegansmom
gentlecowgirl
jenniferadurham
idigchaitea
millefleur
NoraFlood
PhotoJournMama
Tear78
xtara2003x

Waiting to recover fully:
MrsMike

BFPS!:

annettemarie
BarefootGirl
enigo
lindsey8
Megan73
painefaria
PrettyHippie
shy
starshine1001
SusanMy

Stick little ones, stick!

Due December 2010
annettemarie
BarefootGirl
pixiekisses
PrettyHippie

Due November 2010
liz-hippymom
StarMama

Due October 2010
*04Mom07*
Ashley_R
blue butterfly
Gen24
luv-my-boys
mangosink0
Mommameow
orandalady

Due September 2010
Bethanta
CherryBomb
jgc920
Jules09
KeyToMamasHeart
Schae
xekomaya

Due August 2010
*Jade*
LovnMyBoys
LZP
Meredyth0315
Parkersmommy

Due July 2010
AmyKT
ArtsyHeartsy
blondemom2bstl
Dana76
EmSzatmary
haleyelianasmom
Manessa
NWmt_mama
WaitingForKiddos
zoie2013

Due June 2010
aj_18
alexaskj
bkirti
expatmommy
Pinoikoi
swanlake

Due May 2010
Bubblette
hopeful2009
jess_paez
Khaoskat
mischievium

Due April 2010
alternamama82
ann of loxley
claireb Welcome Noah Peter and Ryan Matthew...born at 25w6d!
flowerlover
girlygirl707
mrsbabycakes
shantiani
smeisnotapirate

Due March 2010
bc1995
Dinahx
Khadijah12345
kms7z
lucy_v
zonapellucida

Due February 2010
AbbeyWH Welcome Monty Black-Bear!
AlumofUF
Fireflyforever Welcome Tobias Matthew!
jul511riv
MommaSomeday
patronus
Tellera

Due January 2010 - BABY BOOM
Catubodua Welcome Andrew James!
Chel Welcome baby girl!
circuitsndaisies Welcome Nathan Andrew!
JayJay Welcome Isobella Mai!
Junegoddess Welcome Jack!
LouisianaMomma Welcome Derek Michael Valentine!
marinak1977 Welcome baby boy!
Miraclemama Welcome Alexander Victor!
pedialove
ratrodgrl Welcome Dominic!
RoseRed Welcome Olivia Jane!
rsummer
welldone Welcome Callan North!

Due December 2009
btmama
ekblad Welcome Clare!
fazer6 Welcome Leo!!
Rylie'sMom
SemperGumby Welcome Henry!

Due November 2009
MeepyCat welcome Vivian Rose!!

Due October 2009
Katica welcome Naomi!!
Sanguine welcome Alan Emery!!
threadbey welcome baby girl!!

In our Thoughts:
apmama2myboo
BelovedK
Buffalomama
campari
Carrin
catballou24
dbl_my_luv
eastcarolina
geekgolightly
jgc920
Kayda's Mom
kerrybennysmama
lemurmommies
mammalove
Milk8shake
mmpmelmack
mommies_2_be
noahandlylasmommi
noveena16
Olerica
Prism
rumi79
sarahcecile
Seedlings
SimplyRochelle (moving on to adopt )
singin_angel
so confused!
Thomsen
tinynyota
Vermillion
wileymama
yummymummy2hannah

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 147 Old 04-01-2010, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy April 1, everybody, and thank you, PhotoJournMama, for minding the thread.

Later this morning I plan to test again. I'm hoping to see a stronger line than the wussy one I saw the other day. AF is now two days late, and I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

Here's my most significant possible symptom so far:
I am a dark under-eye circle person. I've had raccoon eyes since I was a little child. They're always there, no matter how well-rested, well-nourished and super-healthy I may be. The only time they aren't there? When I'm pregnant. When I was pg with DS, they disappeared, and only re-appeared after his birth. Right now, they're practically gone. This ONLY happens when I'm really and truly pregnant, so...

Pending my upcoming POAS, I believe should be in "waiting to know" rather than "waiting to O" (I think I was placed there accidentally)--at least for now...

Will update when I know more, and now, off to bed!

Susan--SAHM/Freelancer, wife to Neil;  nonvaxing, CLW, cloth-diapering, homeschooling Mom to Benjamin, 5, and baby Daniel, born via VBAC!
#3 of 147 Old 04-01-2010, 10:16 AM

yay!! thanks for the shiny new thread!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever

#4 of 147 Old 04-01-2010, 10:24 AM

Well, clearly my own body is a complete mystery to me. The things I thought must be signs of a pg getting stronger apparently aren't. I just tested, and no more second line. I don't know why I had those other two positives--maybe a chemical pregnancy?

Wow, I really thought I was going to see a dark second line this morning. I guess I should be looking out for AF any minute now.

Susan--SAHM/Freelancer, wife to Neil;  nonvaxing, CLW, cloth-diapering, homeschooling Mom to Benjamin, 5, and baby Daniel, born via VBAC!
#5 of 147 Old 04-01-2010, 10:28 AM

I'm wondering if I should pay to join FF... is there a lot more that you can do with your charts and graphs and stuff? I think that for me, charting is a way to keep my mind occupied so I don't dwell on everything. It's a good way for me to focus! Anyway, that's where I am now... and all signs point to me O'ing when DH and I are away together on a romantic little weekend. Praise God how that all worked out!

edit: My sister and I were actually thinking... I might not have O'd this month :'( How can you urge ovulation? Is there anything that I can do?

Jenn, totally in love with the most awesome DH and mommy to big ol Bombadil
Baby Clymer - 10/8/09 (10 weeks) - always in our hearts but now in God's arms
#6 of 147 Old 04-01-2010, 12:35 PM

SusanMy~ I am so sorry mama... Have you ever had a chemical before? Has your temperature stayed up? Again I am so so sorry mama!!!

Evenstar
~ I took herbs when I got pregnant in Feb. I took red clover, stinging nettle, drank red raspberry leaf tea, and took vitex as well. It was the first month I had taken the herbs..and I got pregnant. So who knows! Maybe it would help bring on O for you? Especially the vitex?

PhotoJournMama~ Thanks for the new thread! Could you please move me to waiting to O? I think I'll be Oing soon.

AFM: I just had my first loss in March. The baby died at 6 weeks and I miscarried naturally at 9 weeks. I started CD 1 on the day I started to bleed. From that, I am on CD 16. Yesterday and the day before, I had INSANE amounts of EWCM. Copious amounts. Tablespoons. I saw it hanging into the toilet (sorry TMI) several several times and constantly felt wet those two days. Normally I get SOME..but I've NEVER had this much. I usually get EWCM a day or two before I O. I'm thinking I may O today or tomorrow....sometime during the rest of this week that's for sure. I'm glad I don't think I've O'd yet because DH has NOT been in the mood to DTD due to work stressors (you'd think BDing would help!) Ugh!

Anyone else have a HUGE increase in EWCM after a loss? I'm wondering if this is what my body SHOULD be doing and it wasn't? It makes me wonder if my body is working "right" now y'know?

I'm also having that bloated kinda crampy feeling..which kinda makes me think I'm going to O too. As of two days ago though, I still had a VERY slightly positive on an IC. I always assumed I wouldn't O until that was neg and my HCG was down to 0? Any thoughts on that?

Anyway, glad to have you ladies to talk about TTCAL with. I'm still not over grieving for my sweet baby...but I feel so pulled to TTC again immediately.

One more ?....when do you tell everyone that you are pregnant? Do you wait until at least 12 weeks after you've had a loss? I told EVERYONE at 5 weeks...I was just so excited. I just don't think I can bare telling everyone again that soon. *sigh*

s to you all!! Happy April fools day and I hope no one pranks you TOO much today!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#7 of 147 Old 04-01-2010, 02:56 PM
shy

SusanMy ... . so sorry. I dread so much having that happen to me again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtara2003x
Anyone else have a HUGE increase in EWCM after a loss? I'm wondering if this is what my body SHOULD be doing and it wasn't? It makes me wonder if my body is working "right" now y'know?
I won't say "huge" but I did notice more ewcm immediately after my mc ended (like 3 days after). I usually barely get any. This time I got a nice amount, very stretchy too.

Then I started taking epo to help with the cm. I think it worked too, though again, nothing dramatic.

Right now I am still waiting to know. AF is officially late today, but I have also been taking B6 and maca ... so maybe they have already worked to lengthen my luteal phase? If so I can at least be happy about that. tested today at 13 dpo ... bfn. I have no camera or I'd be temtped to post pics like others do ... maybe someone out there would have seen a line.

another day of waiting ... will not test tomorrow though. maybe the next day if **** no

mama to (age 6), 12/09 9/09 4/10 for someday.
#8 of 147 Old 04-01-2010, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Okay ladies, I'm gone for the weekend - go get a lot of BFPs for me while I'm gone, please and thanks!

At least while I am away - at 7 to 10 DPO - I won't be able to obsessively test haha.
#9 of 147 Old 04-02-2010, 12:54 AM

Thanks Tara & shy. Well, AF has arrived, which is a relief, only in that each day of AF brings me a day closer to trying again.

I don't actually know if I've ever had a chemical pregnancy before, as I've never tested early before. Rest assured, I'll never test early again, because I was so disappointed this time. I'm not usually weepy after unsuccessful attempts, but today was bad. I think it's because I'm really getting scared that I'm too old to conceive. To make matters worse, today, there's this: My mother gave us a "family" photo calendar for Christmas. Pictured on the April page are my brother's family. Brother, SIL, and their two little girls, ages eight and 21 months. SIL, who I don't speak to because she is a hideous human being (long story), had my (adorable!) little niece when she was 41.5. And there SIL will be, smiling at me from the calendar on my birthday--and all month. Well, she won't be, actually, because I put a piece of masking tape over her face and drew a goblin on it. .

Yes, I'll be 39 on Saturday, and I've been dogged all day with thoughts that, no matter how hard I try, I won't even be able to get pregnant again, much less stay that way. My mom had me when she was 38 (according to Dad, I'm "proof the rhythm method doesn't work"). My sister's eggs were no longer viable by the time she was 41--I know this because I went through the process of acting as a surrogate carrier for her. We did several implantations, and my one pregnancy ended within three weeks; none of the others succeeded because her eggs were too far past their prime. These are the kinds of thoughts I have now--I know it's irrational to think my fertility has anything to do with my sister's or my mother's, but I keep thinking "why can't I be like Mom?" or "What if I'm like C.?" Yep, completely irrational.

I also know that it's early in our attempts for me to worry this way, and I'm a fool even to complain when there are so many hopeful mamas who have been trying so much longer than we have. Sigh--is there a "pity party" emoticon?

OK, done whining. I do have a couple of real questions, though. Tara, how much of each herb did you take, in what form, and from what point in your cycle? I already take plenty of vitamins E, C, B12 and B100, and I'm taking epo now that AF has started. I don't chart (I'm too forgetful, yet prone to becoming obsessive), but I plan to pee on my OPK strips from pretty early on, as they do help me zero in on my LH surge.

I'll know in about a week and a half whether I should be worried about LA (clotting issue), but in the meantime, I want to be better prepared than ever. Sorry about the long post, but thank you all for being here and knowing so much.

#10 of 147 Old 04-02-2010, 06:12 PM

I'm thinking of giving up... like... for good. DH and I got into ANOTHER accident last night and we don't even know how it happened! There was nothing around us... but whatever, that's something else.

Now, not only do we need a new car after paying $15,000 to get this car and get it repaired last year... but we also need to up our insurance since we can't pay the car in full so we need to have a car payment :'( There's no more money in our budget after all that to support a baby... I think we're going to have to hang up our hope.

Jenn, totally in love with the most awesome DH and mommy to big ol Bombadil
Baby Clymer - 10/8/09 (10 weeks) - always in our hearts but now in God's arms
#11 of 147 Old 04-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Could it be!?! I decided to test early today and got a faint blue line! I didn't expect AF until the 7th or so so I really didn't expect it to turn.....but there it was, a faint blue second line. I'm really trying not to freak out or get too overly excited yet for that matter. I've never tested early and I'm going to test again with a digital test next week provided that, fingers crossed, I don't start having any bleeding. I had started to have some bouts of feeling queezy the last couple days so this morning I decided to use the last test in the box. I figured it was just the progesterone cream that was making me feel queezy!! So here I sit nervous, excited, and cautiously optimistic that this one sticks.

Rachel(29)treehugger.gif Crunchy, granola wife of Matthew(30)reading.gif, DD Willow(5yrs)energy.gif, DS Ronan(2yrs) superhero.gif, Ivy Spring 12/29/2009 lost to Hydrops at 20 weeksangel3.gif, 2 other angel.gif and DS Canaan(1yr) kid.gif.  Holy Cow!!! jaw2.gifDue with someone new July 2014!!! joy.gif
#12 of 147 Old 04-03-2010, 12:03 AM
shy

Evenstar, so sorry to hear about your accident. It appears that you and dh were unhurt? I am thankful for that, and I hope you can recover quickly and in good time things will look different for your family.

Congratulations PrettyHippie! and best wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months ahead.

SusanMy, I know what it feels like to be relieved to see . And also very much what it feels like to worry about senile gravidas, having crossed the 4-decade mark. Somehow I am still cautiously optimistic and fully immersed in ttc wonderland. temping, reading, mdc'ing .... Randine Lewis's book is probably the one that helped me most after the last mc. Her chapter on "please read if you are over 35" is very good.

Let me also share a little secret with you. I have been singiing Amazing Grace to myself often these days. Both to stay postive "the hour I first believed ...." and also to keep faith that whenever baby comes will be enough time "We've no less days ..."

afm ...

temp is still up. no yet. (I even dared her by wearing her favourite underwear, still no show )
either the maca + B6 (and maybe the herbs?) have really worked to lengthen my LP, which would be great in itself or .... we prepare for the 12ww (and the 20ww, 40ww ...)
with all that waiting ahead, I feel like waiting till after easter to test.
fortunately i dont have any more tests, so it would involve going to buy them.

mama to (age 6), 12/09 9/09 4/10 for someday.
#13 of 147 Old 04-03-2010, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
BFP!!!

I got a really light BFP on a $tree test yesterday, but I had gone out and it was + when I got back. I really didn't believe it because it was 35 minutes later so I tested this morning and it is definitely + . I am due 12/11/10... so cool I love number things like that and to make it even more special it is one day before DP's grandmothers 86th birthday (and her 1st since she passed 13 days after my M/C). Here's for hoping and healing.

S & Y
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 3 DS... H (8) and K (4) and Mr Impatient S (33 weeker born in July 15)!

#14 of 147 Old 04-03-2010, 09:45 AM

Congrats!!!!

Your chart just totally gave me hope, I was coming here to post looking like this... .... because I got yet another stark white BFn at 10 DPO, but I see you did too and now you're pregnant. Have a wonderful and healthy 9 months!

Congrats prettyhippie!

Shy - for you. I'm taking maca too, hoping my LP is longer. Just making it to 10 DPO is a feat in itself for me. Can't wait to be 260 DPO... LOL

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#15 of 147 Old 04-03-2010, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
well, I received all my shots and fun medication for the iui this cycle. I'm on CD3, and not emotionally prepared for starting the next cycle yet, but I guess here we go. Please move me to waiting to O, thanks!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#16 of 147 Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 PM

Yeah, I can be moved to waiting to O as well.

Onward we go...

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#17 of 147 Old 04-03-2010, 05:51 PM

I'm "Waiting to O" again. Got up this morning and tested, got a BFN and went back to bed, and then when I got up again AF showed up. She's a lot meaner than usual this time too. I've never had a late period before in my whole life except the one time I was pregnant, so I really thought this was it. Might be a very early miscarriage, I don't know. But I feel very queasy and crampy and it's a lot heavier than normal.

So that's it, no baby in 2010 for me. I promised my husband I wouldn't fall apart this month, so I'm trying really hard to keep it together, but since he just ran out to run some errands I think I might go run a really hot bath and have a good cry.
#18 of 147 Old 04-03-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Congrats!!!!

Your chart just totally gave me hope, I was coming here to post looking like this... .... because I got yet another stark white BFn at 10 DPO, but I see you did too and now you're pregnant. Have a wonderful and healthy 9 months!
Thanks Finnegansmom... I had a BFN 10, 11, and 13 DPO (at least on a FRER) so don't loose hope

I am still really in denial and really scared. I still don't feel pregnant. I am calling the Family Doc on Monday to go in so I can get orders for a Beta.

S & Y

#19 of 147 Old 04-04-2010, 01:03 AM

Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/128814

Anyone know WHAT is going on? This is my first cycle after my m/c. I am SO confused. I've had TONS of EWCM.....like tons...and i mean tons. It's saying I may have O'd already? I ran out of OPK's...AHHHHHHH and couldn't take any today. *sigh* Also, for the past several days I've had INSANELY sore nipples....so bad I can't even let them touch my shirts!! Thank god for bras..but when I press on them accidentally...OUCH! It almost seems like ovulation signs are amplified by 100 for me right now yet I have NO idea when I actually O'd or if I did or didn't yet!!

Last night I was really really hot...and I took my temp at 630 instead of between 4 and 5 like normal. I'm not sure if that's why my temp was so off or what. Any thoughts on my chart ladies?

painefaria~ SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I also got BFN's early and finally a BFP at 14DPO last time, and at 15DPO with DD and I tested early with her too. From now on..I am going to start at like 12DPO at the earliest. I can't stand taking early tests and having them be negative..and apparently even when I am pregnant I don't get early positives!!

Kelilah~ No baby in 2010...wow....that statement right there says a lot for me too. I felt my stomach sink when I read it because I really really thought 2010 I would have another baby. *sigh*

MI_Dawn~ ...

Tear78~ Hang in there mama!!!!!!!!!!!

finnegansmom~ 260 DPO...ahh..that sounds wonderful!!!!!

shy~ !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#20 of 147 Old 04-04-2010, 02:06 AM

Congrats, PrettyHippie and painefaria!! Sending you both vibes for super-sticky December babies!

Evenstar, so sorry to hear about your accident. It's so scary to go through that--and then to deal with the money issues. I'm crossing fingers that something gives financially to allow you to keep trying.

Kelilah, I hear you re . I've had three really heavy, crampy days so far (following the chemical pg). You may well have had one, too. I haven't had an AF like this since I was in my twenties, yuck.

Shy, thank you so much for your kind and hopeful words. Which Randine Lewis book are you reading? I could definitely use something to bolster my spirits right about now. It sounds like we're taking some of the same stuff to help things along. I'm taking epo (before o), Bs, and I just started taking Maca, so hopefully, some good results will be forthcoming! Here's hoping you see a BFP after Easter!

Tara, I'm totally chart-ignorant, but I hope you can get to the bottom of yours soon. But lots of EWCM is good, right?

Waiting to O ladies, I hope to be joining you ASAP--if AF will just hurry up and finish, already... Today was my birthday, and I was weepy and moody for half of it. I know there are emotional reasons for this, but I wonder if I'm not also coming down from some extra hormones, because bursting into tears 3x a day (or at all, for that matter), is very unlike me, even when I'm unhappy. Fortunately, DS was with his grandma for the first half of the day, so he was spared my weirdness (although DH wasn't). Anyway, I finally go over myself, and we had a nice dinner out with my sister and my parents, with DS charming everyone sitting near us (as per usual), so the dread b-day was salvaged.

Now I'm resolved to charge forward--supplements in hand--and hope for the best!

#21 of 147 Old 04-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelilah View Post
I'm "Waiting to O" again. Got up this morning and tested, got a BFN and went back to bed, and then when I got up again AF showed up. She's a lot meaner than usual this time too. I've never had a late period before in my whole life except the one time I was pregnant, so I really thought this was it. Might be a very early miscarriage, I don't know. But I feel very queasy and crampy and it's a lot heavier than normal.

So that's it, no baby in 2010 for me. I promised my husband I wouldn't fall apart this month, so I'm trying really hard to keep it together, but since he just ran out to run some errands I think I might go run a really hot bath and have a good cry.
I'm so sorry, mama. I remember making myself feel better a year ago by posting why 2010 babies are so much better than 2009 babies. I 100% expected I'd have one. So who wants to post why 2011 babies are the best?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#22 of 147 Old 04-04-2010, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here. Let me know if I missed anyone - I'm new at this!

SusanMy, Tear, Dawn, Kelilah, and anyone else found - sorry

Evenstar - Sorry about your accident, and about having to postpone TTC. I moved you to in our thoughts

PrettyHippie and painefaria - Congratulations!
#23 of 147 Old 04-04-2010, 10:42 PM

SusanMy~ I hope your AF hurries up so you can get on with your cycle!!!!! And Happy Birthday!!!

Tear78~ Oh I will have to come back and do this. *sigh* I'll think about it and try and post tomorrow.

AFM: FF moved my crosshairs. I don't know WHAT is going on with my chart...WHEN I O'd (because it sure seems like I must have!) or what is going on! For a while it seemed like we totally missed O....since we really only bd'd once. Now it seems as if we may have got it right on! Ugh I just hate not KNOWING y'know? I'm so impatient!

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

#24 of 147 Old 04-05-2010, 02:40 AM

GOOD NIGHT MOSES!!! Is it POSSIBLE for another friend of mine to fall pregnant?!?! Are there any left that are NOT pregnant?!? I am, of course, happy for them, but I'm pissed at me, at my body, at my eggs, at my husband's sperm...and YES, it is possible and TOTALLY NORMAL to be pissed at sperm!!

*sigh*

I just want to get pregnant. That's all. Is it really too much to ask? And yet I feel like a total wiener whining like this when I know that some of you ladies have been trying for twice as long as I have...I just want these days of alternating hope and despond to be over.

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#25 of 147 Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 AM

xtara - This is your first post MC cycle? FF is giving you crosshairs because of the EWCM after O, but are those post-O temps low for you? Maybe today or tomorrow you'll have a big spike in temps and that will be O for you, I'd keep plugging away at the OPKs.

MIDawn and Tear -

AFM- I'm 12 DPO, which is nice in that I made it to a double digit LP. But not so nice that I got not 1 but 2 BFNs today. Gross. Not even a whisper. I had a little tiny spotting yesterday and felt like AF was on the way but today I don't and no more spotting since yesterday around noon. If this cycle matched last cycle, AF is due today. Everything post-MC is screwy. It's like I don't even know my body anymore and why why why can't I get pregnant with another baby that sticks around? Being 38, I can't help wonder if maybe my time is up?

anyways - it's beautiful outside here, I have a full day of work ahead of me(I work from home) but the rest of the week looks light and wednesday it's supposed to be 75 so maybe me and aunt flo can hang out at the beach and drink a pina colada together.

#26 of 147 Old 04-05-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine1001 View Post
I just want to get pregnant. That's all. Is it really too much to ask? And yet I feel like a total wiener whining like this when I know that some of you ladies have been trying for twice as long as I have...I just want these days of alternating hope and despond to be over.

I totally know what you mean. I have a friend that is 37 or 38 weeks pregnant. She gets pregnant 14 seconds after she decides to "try". She keeps asking me, since my miscarraige, are you pregnant yet? ugh. Since I've had 2 sucessful pregnancies, I wonder that if my problem is I'm too old? I need to pinpoint the lack of BFP on something. Maybe I'm stressed too much? Too many vitamins? Not enough? I'll cross the 1 year mark of TTC in July, and the first few months I was so unstressed about it, but after getting pregnant and losing the baby at 12 weeks, I'm borderline frantic....I think passing the 2010 baby mark will help ease my stress though, I really wanted a 2010 baby so now that that's not going to happen I might spazz down (I hope). Anyway, to you.

#27 of 147 Old 04-05-2010, 11:16 AM

Finnegansmom - I did not get my + until CD13. I also usually get them sooner. Please don't lose hope

S & Y

#28 of 147 Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 AM

starshine1001~ One of my friends just got a BFP too...and I am soooooo happy for her..I really am..but man!!! Also, if I see another person get pregnant on FB I might SCREAM!!! Bleh.

finnegansmom~ Those post O temps are actually totally normal for me. I have low temps in general....which I am starting to think may be part of the problem....? I also had low progesterone with my m/c baby. I may start taking progesterone supplements soon. We only DTD once during that time though so our timing was horrible this month. I am pretty sure I O'd. Just not sure when. Today when I put my temp in it moved my O date by a day again. The only thing is the temps in the beginning weren't really "normal" because I was still miscarrying and coming off the progesterone pills i was taking that were making my temp stay high. I wonder what would happen if I discarded a few of them. I wish we had DTD one more time in there..then I'd feel better. Dangit! I had tons of EWCM and now I am kicking myself that I didn't force myself on DH... I guess though, we both said we kinda wanted to wait a month, but we kinda didn't, so if we don't get pregnant this time, then next month we'll really be precise. My O date this month is just a few days off of what it was last month...which makes me think that my body might be back to working (except for such low tempertures). With DD though (who is 3 TODAY!!! AHH!!!) my temps were that low as well and everything was fine! Thanks for helping me out with my chart!!!

I hope that you get pregnant soon too. It's so hard having lost faith in your body. I'm right there with you! *sigh*

And BTW..I didn't get a BFP with DD until 15DPO....and with the second it was 14DPO (and I was testing early both times). So it's not over til it's over k!? K!!

#29 of 147 Old 04-05-2010, 11:46 AM

whew, finally read the whole thread!

to all the mamas who found this month

for the BFPs!!

AFM, I'm not really sure when to move myself from waiting to O to waiting to know - my first m/c cycle was 36 days long but 28-29 is normal for me. I don't chart, so I'm not sure if I should ovulate yesterday or today, or not for another week, so we're just DTD a lot and hoping for the best! I'd say hopefully my cycle is back to 28-29 days and I should move to the dreaded 2WW now, but who knows, right?

Lindsey
Mama to (10/05) and (12/07) (2/10) and expecting in December!
#30 of 147 Old 04-05-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

linds - I moved you to Waiting to Know anyway, hoping that you are having some shorter cycles again!

starshine - I hear ya, I totally do. I met a woman out today who I hadn't run into since last summer who has a DD my son's age and she is due in 6 weeks . I was kind of upset and getting a bit teary and having to calm myself down and act rational! I told my DH about it at lunch and he was like "that sucks... but you know, it's not her fault." HAHA it's not her fault, that's so true. I can't be mad at everyone who has a second child (but I probably will be anyway).

AFM - I am feeling kind of crampy and have very low expectations this month. 11DPO and I haven't even tested yet. My temp was still up this morning, but not what would be considered triphasic (I know, that doesn't happen for everyone). Anyway, I'm still hoping that AF holds out a bit so at least I will start a trend of longer LPs.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page