Hoping, Healing & Conceiving Again July 2011 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Hoping, Healing, and Conceiving Again
July 2011

This thread is for women who wish to conceive after a loss and need support, hope and healing. If you wish to be added to the thread or want to modify your info please make requests in bold.
Fertility Friend Charts - Let me know if you want your chart added to the list. If you do, just post the link and add the icon in your post so I don’t miss anyone.

Bring on the babies!!

Waiting to O:

Shannon84

slshoe128

Imanifaith11

Snadaska

Mamanoish

ekandrmkb       http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35a220 

Snadaska 

TandN 

Sienna Forever 

3SurfBoys

Waiting to know:

MegEliz 

Vegan Princes

rockymtnmama       BFPChart2.gif

RoseRedHoofbeats 
Matuska Anna         BFPChart2.gif

Lydiah  

Remark 71 

Calebsmommy25  
Norabella              http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1e2b58 

AmBam

Yellow Butterfly 

Gemmine          BFPChart2.gif

Xerxella            http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c 

Waiting to be ready:

maxnmaizy

physmom

Wilson

Mamabutterfly         chartnew.gif

zejh

callieollie

stork-suprise.gif

Recent BFP's!

August

July         ChiaraRose & sommer    chartnew.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ce16d. 

June        Hildare

May          tippy       BFPChart2.gif

April         lavatea

March       SoCaliMommy BFPChart2.gif

In our thoughts:

lavatea

ZinniaGarden 

anansi

marnica

jennabella

kgulbransen  

Naturegirl 

musicoholic      BFPChart2.gif

*In an effort to keep our header as up-to-date as possible, the threadkeeper reserves the right to move you to "In our thoughts" from "Waiting to O" and "Waiting to know" if you have not posted in this thread or in the previous thread.  The threadkeeper may remove your name from the list if you have not posted to the thread within the previous three months.  You are always welcome to rejoin the thread at any time.  

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#2 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought I’d re-post, as we started a new thread…

snadaska - sorry to hear about the bfn. who knows, though - isn't 11dpo still early to test? could be that this time you are just having a different experience?

MegEliz - I wish your doctor had more to say. Any chance to get a second opinion somewhere, see someone else?

slshoe128 - you made me chuckle. I felt that way too when we were "covering our bases", of course, now DH wants to keep that pace up regardless...not that I'm against it, mind you, but I know how you are feeling!

I ALSO just realized what AFM stood for! so, AFM - this is weird, but I have to ask it because I'm over analyzing every single LITTLE THING - I usually wake up (during the week) at about a quarter to six. I woke up briefly at maybe about 5? or 4:30? with a major twinge on my left side. Felt in the lower abs, on the left - anyone have that? It was weird. Could just have been about any old thing, but of course I'm wondering if anything going on with me is possibly related to potential pg...

Anyone have any thoughts about weird twinges? Can that be an early pg symptom, or just me being silly? Here’s my chart:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35a220

Living in a very large midwestern city with a wonderful guy, an AMAZING boy wonder, and 1 ancient cat. Missing our 2nd boy wonder, lost Feb 2011 during labor on his due date. Now possibly going back down the rabbit hole, with a BFP on 8/11/11, and a due date of April 10, 2012.

#3 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for volunteering for threadkeeper, Xerxella!

Don't you hate the weird twinges thing? The only time I ever had a twinge that I knew actually meant anything was the one and ONLY time I had ovulation pain. (two kids ago) I tend to panic and overanalyze everything. I'm obsessing over the fact that I don't "feel" pregnant. You're chart is really looking great though!

AFM: Every time I think about testing in the morning I get that "missed a step" feeling in my stomach. Ugh.

Wife to DH for 16 years, Mom to 4 girls (15, 13, 12 and 8 months), 2 boys (10, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). (11 wk mc 6/25/14)
#4 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Oh wow, I cannot believe it's July. BYE JUNE DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE ASS ON YOUR WAY OUT!!!!

I told my mom about my second miscarriage. She was really sad for me and said I should have called her but she was nice about it. I'm going to stay with her for a couple weeks in Texas and I wanted her to know since I'll probably still be weepy and might get my first period while I'm there, which if it's anything like my first post-m/c period from last times, means I am going to be taking lots of hot baths and popping Vicodin.

I am hoping to take it easy this holiday weekend. All my stepkids are coming. If we can just avoid my FIL and MIL and pregnant SIL I'll be happy.

~Rose

#5 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 05:08 PM

MAnna - thanks, I thought I was just being nutto about this...I just need to relax. As for you, try not to put too much pressure on tomorrow am...how many dpo will you be? I totally understand, though!

Rose - hope this weekend is relaxing as can be for you.

I will be charting again tomorrow. I'm totally braced for the drop in temp - somehow I'm not at all convinced conception happened this time. Doesn't mean I'll not be disappointed, but at least I'm trying to brace myself for the bfn that may be in my future next week. I'll wait at least until next Friday, if my temp doesn't drop before then.

Living in a very large midwestern city with a wonderful guy, an AMAZING boy wonder, and 1 ancient cat. Missing our 2nd boy wonder, lost Feb 2011 during labor on his due date. Now possibly going back down the rabbit hole, with a BFP on 8/11/11, and a due date of April 10, 2012.

#6 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 05:13 PM

I'll be 10 DPO tomorrow. I'm having to sit on my hands not to break down and test tonight. But I figure giving it 12 more hours and using the FMU will make it less likely that I'll see a BFN. I'll probably see a BFN anyway, but if I see it tonight, I'll be depressed (and kicking myself for wasting a test).

Sigh.

I have to keep going back and looking at my chart and saying "it looks good, it looks good, chill out..."

Wife to DH for 16 years, Mom to 4 girls (15, 13, 12 and 8 months), 2 boys (10, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). (11 wk mc 6/25/14)
#7 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 06:16 PM

it DOES look good - please post once you test, hoping for good news! 10 dpo is kind of early, too, isn't it? so in theory you could get a bfn but have a later bfp...fingers crossed...

#8 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Me and DH are having such a hard time preventing. Both of us hate using the condoms, on principle and the way they feel, and whenever one of us in the mood the other one brings up condoms and then I start crying.

If I weren't still incapable of staying awake for longer than 12 hours at a time I would just say screw it. But I know my body's not ready and I'm fertile enough that it IS a possibility I'd get pregnant in this condition and that would be bad. And I am SO. TIRED. OF. SPOTTING. I am so tired of the smell of old blood. I've been spotting for THREE WEEKS and I want it to GO AWAY and have normal looking normal smelling discharge and then get my period with real blood that's actually red AND THEN I CAN HAVE NORMAL BABY MAKING SEX AGAIN. If I haven't got it in two more weeks (unlikely, I hope) I'm breaking out the ginger and parsley.

I want to be testing with everybody else. =(

~Rose

#9 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 07:22 PM

Rose, I want you to be there too. It's not fair that you should still be in flux like this. Not fair. (((hugs)))

At least I know that if it's a BFN in the morning, I'll have some sympathy here. (: That's nice.

#10 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Oh Rose, I am so sorry...I know how it feels to just want your body back to "normal"....after my loss it took so long, and I wasn't even actively ready to try again; that must be really hard because your mind/heart is ready but not your body. But, I think you are right - it's a good idea to wait a cycle to get in the best physical shape you can. That's why my DH and I waited until after my last AF, because that was the first one I was sure of after losing Rex (there might have been AF before that, but it was right after I slowed down the spotting/discharge from the post-birth). I just kept thinking about how I was physically "in training" to get my body ready to (hopefully) get a bfp and have it stick.  But, I know - we hated having to mention the condoms. Hugs to you.

#11 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 07:50 PM

rose-im sorry that you are still spotting. i hope everything gets back to normal soon. im really sorry. i know its hard having to wait.

well im looking forward to all  of the other testers results.

i wish mine were positive but sadly its not going to happen. im spotting and cramping which is how af starts for me. im pretty disappointed. i hope next cycle ithappens. i hate that  i o so late (cd21 or so) it feels like forever from now.

i am going to keep checking the board to see how everyone else fares. we need a bfp (or several) for july.

#12 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 08:47 PM

I think I am having a such a hard time because I almost resent getting pregnant at all the second time. I didn't want to be and I didn't plan to be and I didn't even get to enjoy any of it at all and it just set me back at least a month and probably more like two or three, when if I had just gone off birth control like normal like I wanted to, this cycle would be my first fertile cycle and I WOULD be testing with everybody else, and it just sucks.

I don't even mind if I don't get pregnant right away. I really wouldn't. I just. Want. To try. I feel like I'm exactly where I was a year ago, before we even started trying to TTC. In September, I had my IUD out. In December, I got pregnant. In February, I miscarried. In April, I went on birth control, and sometime between then and May, I got pregnant. And then in June I miscarried again. I MEAN WTF?!?!?!

~Rose

#13 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Rose, it is so hard just waiting.  I remember having to wait after our last m/c and it seemed so WRONG to be avoiding, even though I knew it was the best chance for a baby that would make it.  It doesn't make the waiting any easier though. It's funny how each month of waiting or of a BFN just seems soooo long.  hug2.gif

Could you please move me to waiting to know.  I am 6dpo now. I am not even remotely hopeful, which in some ways is making the 2ww easier because I'm not dying to test. I am already just waiting for Af. I've already decided that after this cycle, I'm going to call the OB to try to set up more tests or schedule an hsg or figure SOMETHING out.  I have an appointment in August and it's supposed to be if I don't get pregnant by then, we're checking in to see "what now?" but I only have 4 doctors visits in a year for anything so I don't want to waste one not really doing anything.  So I'm going to try to talk to his nurse (because he's impossible to reach) and see what tests we can do.  Does anyone know if/when it's worth re-testing hormone levels? I had it done a year ago and the only thing that was off was progesterone but I feel like things are messed up more now (higher temps pre-ovulation than they used to be, a really slow temp rise... just things that are making me think maybe issues with estrogen, FSH, or LH). I don't know. Did anyone have their levels rechecked or anyone know if there is a norm in when that would be redone, if ever?  

#14 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 09:17 PM

I'm really tender over my left ovary (ectopic was completely ruled out on ultrasound when I was at the ER so it's not anything scary) and debating going to the store for chocolate and an OPK. Seeing my pee make a stick do something exciting might be novel. Also then I can be sure that in a few days I won't need to worry about condoms.

~Rose

#15 of 464 Old 07-01-2011, 09:36 PM

Hi ,, I have been MIA for a while because my body and mind were doing nothing that would have been helpful to ttc. THis is my second cycle trying and I am 1dpo. I had a beautiful ovulation, my clearest in symptoms so far and I am hopeful.....let the long 2ww  (Please move me to waiting to know) begin

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

#16 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 03:59 AM

BFN this morning. Sigh.

And my temp, for whatever reason, was off the charts. 99.66 up from 98.29 yesterday. What? I'm not sick.

I'll be testing tomorrow. I keep trying to remind myself that 10 DPO is early, but in my heart I think that if it's negative today it's not going to change.

#17 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 04:51 AM

Rose - just wanted to say from your post last night that I know exactly what you mean about resenting having to go through it all again. I thought I was done. I only really wanted 2 kids, my last pregnancy was HARD, and the thought of doing it again makes me feel resentful. Hopefully you can find out when you can get rid of those condoms, though, and feel like you can do something. It'll be nice to be able to focus on that. Hopefully soon. Hugs.

MAnna - hang in there, it's early. Interesting spike in temps though.

callieollie - seems like a year is long enough for re-testing...?

AFM - temp up again but I was (a) later than normal in taking it, and (b) DS woke me up at 2:30 so I feel like my rest was messed up, wondering if that has something to do with it. I'm now 7dpo, waiting for testing until at least 13dpo I think unless I get a "3 for 2" hpt package.  I had cramps and backache last night, backache still here slightly today. Could be weird, but I never really know what's "normal" for me pre-AF because it's been a really long time (last full AF schedule was over a year ago) and I was never really regular. Still, I'm bracing for the bfn next week.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35a220

#18 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 05:23 AM

Callieollie- My RE re-tests the full hormone panel once a year, I think you should re-test just to see where everything is, a lot can change in a year.

MatushkaAnna- HUGS to you! I am still hopeful for you this cycle, when will you re-test? Thanks again for your advice:)

Snadaska- My cycles used to be really long as well (like 37 days) and it is a long wait...I'm sorry:)  I may be right there with you again this cycle, I'm not sure if I "O" yet or not...wierd cycle. Sorry for your BFN this last cycle.

Rose- HUGS to you! I hope your body get back to "normal" very very soon! Hope your weekend goes well:)

ekandrmkb- FX for you to get your BFP next week!

OK OK, I have to ask what does - "AFM" stand for....can't figure it out..haha!

Just in case anyone was worried about my girl parts..haha..they are doing ok for now:) ICE ICE BABY! hahaha!

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

#19 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 05:30 AM

AFM = As for me

I am so seriously depressed. I'm so freaking tired of seeing negative tests. Yeah, yeah, I know it's not been "long" since the mc, but it seems like longer because I had been waiting to be pregnant for 6 mos before I was pregnant with my son, then lost him at 3 months and now here I am, and I"m on the very wrong side of 35, and if we didn't conceive this cycle then I don't know what else to do. I ovulated (to all appearances), had a nice biphasic chart and we were like bunnies. Everything was "right". I've gone from being "fertile Myrtle" to being ...ok, can't think of a rhyme.

#20 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 06:11 AM

MAnna - hang in there. I totally get it. I just turned (gulp) 39 recently, and feel my time is ticking ticking ticking! I think I'm prepping myself for a bfn next week because I don't know how long we're going to try, and if we start getting bfns every month, I need to try to be emotionally ready. So many people (including my OB) say that the age thing is not that big an issue, but it's a little nerve-wracking, esp. when you thought that your path would go a totally different way, with no loss...having to start all over again is so hard. I wish none of us had to deal with this..

Hopefully for you the next few days will bring some better news!

#21 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 06:24 AM

I hope so. *sigh* I've got to pull myself together and get on with the day. It's like a massive, wet quilt lying on top of the whole day.

(later)

I retemped and it was 98.53. Was I just overheated? Anyone else have this happen? I just temped and I've been up for over three hours so I'm not going to use it, but what the heck was that 99.66??

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/358b81 

#22 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 09:00 AM

MAnna: Jeez that is one humongous temp jump! That's weird that it went down after you'd been up. Hang in there though, 10DPO is still early. I'm thinking about you!

AFM: It feels so good to only temp certain days after ovulation. I'm 5DPO (any cycle buddies?) and haven't temped since 3DPO and next temp will be Monday at 7DPO. It hit me just how stressing it is to look at the temps, compare charts, etc every month; it didn't fully hit me until I stopped doing it this time. Oh and I've been having pregnancy dreams we know that means automatic BFP -____-

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#23 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Updated up to here (I think)

My computer's really slow right now for some reason, so I can't go back and forth to do persies, but I'll try my best. 

Gemime - I'm 5 dpo right now.  If my temps are still up I'll go in for a hcg blood draw next weekend at about 12 or 13 dpo.  I'll know the results to that on the following Monday (over a week away!  Ugh!).  But, my temps "ALWAYS" start to fall at about 8 or 9 dpo when I'm not pregnant, so if I make it to 12 or 13 with no drop, that'll be very encouraging.  (I'm on my 1st cycle after my miscarriage and I still have hcg in my system.  As of my O day my hcg was at 22.4.  About a month it was 75, so it's definitely falling slowly.)  I have some dollar store tests that have been negative, so I'll probably use those and if I get a positive that will also be encouraging. 

Anna - Sometimes, if I wake up during an intense dream, my temp will be super high.  If it is I immediately re temp.  Every time, it drops back to something normal.  This morning it came up at 99.5, I immediately retemped and it showed 98.58, which felt more accurate and it's what I went with.  Besides, I always figure the lower temp during the 2ww is more accurate.  So, if your temp suddenly drops one morning you can't go run around the block and then retemp, LOL! 

chiararose - I hope the break was just what you needed.  I pray you get your BFP this month. 

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#24 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 02:55 PM

Xerxella: yay, cycle buddy! That's good that the tests are negative for now so you won't have to stress about a false BFP. I'll definitely be chart-stalking you Tuesday (you can stalk me Monday if you want, I'll temp then).

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

It's a girl! love.gif

#25 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 03:09 PM

Xerxella and Gemmine - how soon will you test? I'm at 7 dpo and thought I'd wait a bit...but (and I guess this can go to anyone), how soon can one test? I'd rather not get lots of iffy results, it might make me crazy...but i don't want to wait forever!

#26 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 03:18 PM

My regular luteal phase is about ten days, so I try not to test until then. I haven't ever gotten a positive earlier than that.

~Rose

#27 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the new thread!!

Sorry to those who have gotten a BFN...It is the most disappointing thing ever, no matter if you think you have a slight chance or a major possibility.  Hoping everyone gets to stare at a BFP soon!

I think I'll test tomorrow morning again.  I tested on Wednesday and got a BFN (BOO!!), but have had an inkling that I'm pregnant.  Little things...that I totally could be making up in my head like a smell being really strong, my boobs seeming engorged (not nursing anymore, weird right?), tired, just that feeling that something is different.  I am 4 days late, so hoping that is a good sign and that my cycle isn't just royally screwed up for some reason.

Here's to hoping July brings us all some beautiful blessings. 

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

#28 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 05:04 PM

It's been a depressing sort of day. Nobody laugh, but I actually tested again around noon because I hadn't had anything to eat or drink up to that point. BFN, duh. I don't know what I was thinking.

Anyway, I've been thinking that a BFN at 10 DPO is NEGATIVE, period, the end. Not rationally, but emotionally. I went and read the article on FF about when to expect a BFP (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When-can-I-expect-a-positive-HPT-if-I-am-pregnant.html ) and it was really helpful. I keep hearing about really early positives (8-10 DPO) and thinking that that's what to expect. Aparently the average is 13.6 DPO for the first BFP. I may be totally deluding myself, but it made me feel better anyway. (And I really hope my temp is normal tomorrow and not practically a fever!)

Looking forward to hearing about other people's tests! Calebsmommy25, that sounds really promising! Let us know!

#29 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Anna, I never had a BFP before 13 dpo. (I know some people do). You'll see that most tests say they aren't 99% accurate until 1st day of missed period. I always try to wait until 13 dpo. Sorry it's such an agonizing wait! I'm still hopeful for you. 

Today I'm 14 dpo and expected AF but so far just slight spotting - enough to confirm for me though that this isn't the month. I don't know. I think I'm starting to let go of the idea that we should be working for a third; I just don't feel like it is in the cards. Lots of problems with our marriage, finances, kids issues, family health issues, house issues. Maybe enough's enough, kwim? That's kind of a bummer for this thread as we are all hoping for those rainbow babies, but I may have to start to get used to the idea of letting go. Not sure how to work on the emotions of that, though. Like, being "done", I mean. 

I don't need to think about it just yet, I guess. I'll keep stalking you all for fun in the meantime. 

mb

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14
#30 of 464 Old 07-02-2011, 05:35 PM

ekandrmkb: The earliest I would test would be next Friday, the 8th or 11DPO. I got my BFP at 12DPO but I probably could have tested earlier since the 2nd line was so dark and came up immediately. I think in general the absolute earliest I would test would be 9-10DPO IF my temp was super high or super low (possible implantation dip around 7DPO) AND if I felt possible implantation cramps AND if we had all the fertile days covered BD-wise. LOL. Other than that, my standard test day would be 11DPO if my temp is up. I can't remember if you answered this but how long is your luteal phase generally? Do you notice a temp drop on certain days before AF?

calebsmommy: How many DPO are you right now? I can't wait for an update!

MAnna: Keep us posted!

mamabutterfly: *hugs* Keep us posted whatever you decide.

It's a girl! love.gif

Tags
Infertility To Family One Mans Story , Infertility Its Diagnosis And Treatment , Fertility Monitors , Fertility Goddess Sovata , Fertility Cycles Nutrition 4th Edition

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page