Mothering Forum banner

Angel Baby Picture Gallery

34K views 205 replies 42 participants last post by  Melinda1980 
#1 ·
I'm going to go ahead and start this thread by posting some pictures of my son Innocent. I think that every mama needs to be able to show off her babies if she wants to, even if those babies are little and still. It's hard to do that for most of us because people are uncomfortable looking at them. If this is a thread you would be uncomfortable with, then by all means, don't make yourself feel worse by looking. I know that not all of us have photographs of our children, either because of the brevity of the pregnancy or because of the simple lack of pictures, but for those who do, this might be a healing thing to do.

Innocent died at about 12 weeks and five days. We found out a week later and he was born at just past 15 weeks.

The only ultrasound pictures I have are of him after he passed. The other pictures were taken the night he was born.

Innocent 12 wks 2-5 days 001.JPG

Innocent 005.JPGInnocent 024.JPG

See less See more
#102 ·
Again, Lisa, I'm so sorry. I wish I could go back in time and have been your nurse.

#103 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishprinsezz View Post

i wished i would have opened the sac to see my baby but didnt know if i was allowed to. i had to ask the nurse for the bowl just so i could look.
I wish that the doctors and nurses would always make an effort to allow the parents to see their baby, to take pictures, and otherwise help the family acknowledge the little life that they lost. More hospitals are doing this now, but unfortunately many are still far behind in bereavement care.

I wish that I could reach out and hug you. The pain from losing a little one doesn't go away.
hug2.gif

#104 ·
So this isn't exactly a picture of Paisley, but Paisley is in it, if that makes any sense. I finally was able to do the memorial that I wanted to do yesterday. I lined a basket with soft minky material, put the t-shirt for Bug that I'd written "Big Brother" on in sharpie (how I announced to my husband), and the positive pregnancy test inside. I then wrapped Paisley (still inside the sac) in minky material and then put that inside a clear bag and put that in the basket too. I wrote a letter which also went into the basket. My husband dug a hole in a spot I can see from my bedroom window, just between a fruit tree and the back fence and overlooking the lake...and he prayed a little prayer just before we buried the basket.

084.JPG

The letter I wrote to Paisley is also posted on my blog: http://raineydaye.blogspot.com/2011/09/letter-to-my-angel.html

#105 ·
Thank you for sharing Texan. I will go read the post.

You did a beautiful thing for your child.

#106 ·
I only just found this thread, and I'm so happy to see it. Thank you all for sharing your stories and pictures. My heart just aches for all of you.

I had three ultrasounds with my little one - which was unusual. I had an early US at 7 weeks because I was so so sick and I was wondering about twins. Then I had the regularly scheduled u/s at 10 weeks. And then we had the final us at 13 weeks 5 days when we couldn't find the heartbeat. As soon as I saw him, I saw that still hole where the beating heart should be, and I was just so shocked. He measured 13 weeks - I hate the idea that he'd been gone without me knowing it, and I like to think that he had only just died instead of 5 days earlier. I guess that's silly. I had a d&c 2 days later, which I regret. So my u/s pictures mean so much to me now. I keep staring at them and all the jargon on the sides, hoping to find some clue about him (I don't know really know if he was a boy). I love all of his little fingers and toes.

I scanned mine months ago, but nobody ever wanted to see it before. Thank you for this thread. Here is my Nicholas:

nicholasanon.jpg
I bought a Christmas Cactus because I knew it would bloom each year around this time when I am remembering him. It is in full bloom now and quite lovely. I can't believe it's almost been a year.

IMG_2946.jpg

#107 ·
Oh, how lovely! I love the idea of the Christmas cactus. I have roses and tulips by my babies' graves (plus some new tulips that appeared out of nowhere, and a brand new rosebush that I didn't plant, and is a deep, rich red compared to the pale cream and pinks of my other roses... go figure!)

I love the ultrasound pictures. My ultrasound pictures were so grainy and empty, I didn't ask for copies, but now I wish I had. Thank you for sharing these.

~Rose

#108 ·
Thank you, all you Mama's that posted pic's. I've had 2 losses, but never got to see anything and was so upset over the whole ordeal that I didn't even think to ask :(

This thread has provided me some closure and strength considering my losses!

#109 ·
Lollie, that's one of the most beautiful ultrasound photos of a 13+ week baby I've ever seen. Seriously. He's just beautiful. And the Christmas cactus is a good idea. We planted an Easter lily by Innocent's grave because it will come up and bloom every year about the time he was born.

Rose, I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but you can ask for copies of your ultrasound pictures from your medical records.

yarngoddess, I'm glad this thread provided some closure. (((hugs)))

#110 ·
I thought I replied to this earlier, but it seems to have not posted...

Thanks, MAnna! That makes me feel like a proud, mama!

We buried Nicholas on our little farm where we're building our house (but we don't live there yet). I'd love to plant something there for him, but I don't know much about winter plants. I did plant daffodil bulbs that come up in March, and I'll probably add more bulbs this year. Eventually, I'd like to make the whole area a garden.

#111 ·
Thank you for sharing, mamas. I had a loss at 11 weeks last year and even though I gave birth again to a beautiful daughter I found myself on this forum tonight. I never did see the baby I miscarried - I was alone, weak and sad, and I didn't have the courage to look. I admire you all for taking such beautiful photos. Thank you.

#112 ·
Lollie, you ARE a proud mama! I remember how bizarre it was when I took my camera with me to the doctor's office the day after I delivered Innocent so I could show him off. For a moment I had the exact same proud feelings you have when you show off pictures of a living baby. It's the mama in us. :)

IdentityCrisisMama: I'm sorry you didn't have the support you needed at the time you delivered your baby. I hope this brought you a little comfort. ((hugs))

#113 ·
Boy, I didn't think I'd be back here this soon. Sigh. I don't have a picture of my baby yet, but I wanted to post a picture of the gown I made for her. I wanted her to have something pretty. I know it's too big, but it will be better than too small and it's going to be hard enough to get it on without doing damage.

Maybe I'll be able to come back here and post a picture of her in it.

Gown and bonnet 009.JPG

#114 ·
The gown and bonnet are beautiful, Anna. Loose was better when I made gowns for the hospital. I pray that you're able to have her naturally, and that she can wear that beautiful little gown.

#118 ·
MAnna - all of the little things you've made are so lovely and perfect, and just so sad. I am glad your little one is being given such nice care.

I didn't know where else to post this, and I thought it was related. The other night, the night before our baby's anniversary, I asked my DH if he wanted to see the US photos - he still hasn't, and it's been a year, and that made me kind of sad. He said, it just seemed to sad and he didn't think he wanted to. So I told him about this thread (he knows I come to these forums to talk, but I'd been too embarrassed to tell him about this specific thread), and how it meant so much to me that someone asked to see my pictures, and to be able to show them. I said something like, "no one ever cared enough to ask before." I was referring to my family, but of course DH was so hurt thinking I meant him, and said "how could you say that to me?" I immediately apologized and said I didn't mean him. He of course, did the work of burying our baby and praying over him, and in that way US pictures were really inconsequential. I told him, "I'm so sorry. You lost him, too, and you can grieve anyway you want."

I don't really have a point, it was just a moment for me to think about the way he feels instead of just myself.

#119 ·
Lollie, thank you for sharing that. Men do grieve differently and different people grieve differently. My husband saw our baby but it hurt him deeply. He hasn't said this, I just remember the look on his stunned face. I had been looking forward to it but a mother's heart is different. I am trying to remind myself of this yet again, as he will of course be seeing the baby on Monday. The important thing is that you both value each other, that you value the sacrifice and acts of love your husband gave your child as he values the same in you. I know that not everyone will want to see my baby. In fact, not many people at all outside this board. But that's kind of why I started this thread. Mothers want to be proud of their babies and it is very, very painful when no one wants to look at the child of your heart. I'll be posting pictures of my newest baby next week.

#120 ·
Some of you have seen her already on the loss & grief threads which is where I was given the link to this page. My apologies if you've already read all about her. I'm getting as much mileage out of this one picture as I possibly can. I hate that I'll never see a new picture of her. Though I have many other pictures this is the only one where she looks like she is still here. In the others she looks a little grumpy to be leaving.

Mira Joy 8.31.11

mjo bw crop copy3.jpg

Mira, as in Miracle. Suitably "hippy" without being too obvious.

This picture was taken 23 minutes after she was born and maybe 10 minutes before her heart stopped beating. I wish I had felt her heartbeat. She was 7 pounds 3 ounces and 4 days before her due date. She is my only child.

I am so sorry for all of you who are also missing your sweet little ones. Peace and relief to you all, especially this time of year. Though your arms may not be filled with your little one may your heart be full of love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Matushka Anna- I'm so sorry you lost another little one!]

#121 ·
Kirstin,

I'm pretty sure I commented on the loss thread, but I want to say again how perfectly beautiful Mira is. She really is just a beautiful little girl. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have this treasured picture. Thank you for coming onto this thread to 'show her off'. :)

[And thank you for your sympathy. This board had been a tremendous support to me in my grief.]

#123 ·
She is precious Kristen . thank you so much for sharing her with us. I am so so sorry for your loss .

#125 ·
Here is my son Andrew who was born this past Monday at a little over 12 weeks. I wanted everything to be just right for him and cried and cried when it was hard to get his gown on. I wound up cutting a significant amount of the sleeves off because I didn't want to hurt his arms. He also didn't have as much of a neck as Innocent and it was hard to get the neck of the gown to fit under his tiny chin. I also couldn't leave him in it because he was starting to dry out and his legs were getting shriveled. I'm tearing up just writing this. We had to put him back in saline for the night and he's been there ever since. We won't be able to bury him in his gown. I decided to keep the gown and bonnet in his memory box when I get it done. They're lightly stained from his body fluids but I'm not going to wash it because it's a part of him. It doesn't smell bad (sorry). I just miss him so much.

Andrew 008.JPGAndrew 030.JPGAndrew 046.JPGAndrew 068.JPG

#126 ·
I commented on your blog, too... But I wanted to say again that he's such a perfect, beautiful little baby. Thank you so much for having the courage to start this thread and to encourage others (like me) to post our pictures and our stories. I know you're hurting so much right now, but please know how much your strength and commitment to your babies has inspired us all. Sending you prayers, love, and big, huge hugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.