Mothering Forum banner

Angel Baby Picture Gallery

34K views 205 replies 42 participants last post by  Melinda1980 
#1 ·
I'm going to go ahead and start this thread by posting some pictures of my son Innocent. I think that every mama needs to be able to show off her babies if she wants to, even if those babies are little and still. It's hard to do that for most of us because people are uncomfortable looking at them. If this is a thread you would be uncomfortable with, then by all means, don't make yourself feel worse by looking. I know that not all of us have photographs of our children, either because of the brevity of the pregnancy or because of the simple lack of pictures, but for those who do, this might be a healing thing to do.

Innocent died at about 12 weeks and five days. We found out a week later and he was born at just past 15 weeks.

The only ultrasound pictures I have are of him after he passed. The other pictures were taken the night he was born.

Innocent 12 wks 2-5 days 001.JPG

Innocent 005.JPGInnocent 024.JPG

See less See more
#155 ·
I lost my little one tonight. It's been 12 weeks and 5 days since my last cycle, but the heart wasn't beating at 9 weeks and the midwife guessed the baby is about 8 weeks 4 days. I'm still trying to choose a name. Maybe Rune.

P1110463.JPG

#156 ·
Lisanne - oh i am so so sorry. My heart is breaking for you
hug.gif

#158 ·
Lisanne, I'm so sorry honey. I was about to write you and ask how things were progressing since you said you were spotting. I'm glad it didn't come down to a D&C and you were able to see and hold your precious little one. You have a beautiful baby. I'm so sorry.

#159 ·
Thank you. I think I've decided on Shiloh Rune. It means peaceful secret and is almost gender neutral. We'll bury Shiloh under our new apple tree today.

#161 ·
Lisanne, thank you for letting me post Shiloh's photos and story on my site. I am sure it will be a big comfort to women who have no idea what to expect. Thank you.

blowkiss.gif

#162 ·
I haven't read all your stories yet, but I've read quite a few. M Anna, thank, thank, thank you for this. I will tell a brief version of my story but I was in such a bad place, in pain and not thinking clearly due to the pain when it happened. I was alone in my apartment and in pain for two hours before I called my parents who came and took me to the hospital. I don't know whether their presence comforted me but about 10 minutes into the car ride (hospital was 20 away) the pain stopped and I felt a rush of relief (and fluid). I didn't know but I had passed the baby and amniotic sac. I was interviewed at the ER and as they were getting ready to admit me for exams I asked to use the bathroom as I really had to urinate. I went to the bathroom, peed and felt a large plop in the toilet. I was shocked and froze for a minute. I then realized I had a ziplock bag in my purse. I went to reach for the purse and could hear the toilet starting to flush (it was one of those automatic flush sensor things. I dove back toward the toilet and grabbed the sac out of the toilet just as it was about to get sucked down. In doing that I think I tore it a little (or maybe it tore on the way out?) and I could see a little doll like baby with short arms and legs (8 weeks gestation when the heartbeat stopped, 12 weeks when I passed her). I put her and the sac in the little sandwich ziplock baggie I happened to have. They almost took her away in the hospital as a "specimen" but after some arguing with the nurses, the doctor stood up for me and said they needed to respect my wishes. I will always have a special place in my heart for that culturally/spiritually sensitive doctor. Meg has been in the freezer at my parents house since then. My partner and I have been in the process of moving apartments and I didn't want her to get lost or damaged. We plan to go back to my hometown one of these weekends and bury her on my family plot, with my 26 year old deceased brother (brain cancer), in the most idyllic place, next to a pond, in an old cemetery cut out of a little cornfield between two forested hills where they will rest together.

Thank you for starting this thread as it has shown me I am not alone in this sad experience. No one talks about it, that I know, and I've been to afraid and not ready to talk about it in detail to any friends or family. It's a very isolating feeling. This "icky", sad thing happened to me and everyone "hopes I feel better soon". I am grateful for that but it is difficult to put my emotional state and evolution from this loss into words.

As a side note: I didn't really know the sex of the baby but in my heart I feel it was a girl. We named her Meg, not short for Meghan or Margaret, just Meg as it had to do with an anagram formed by her possible initials. From there it became a joke during the pregnancy. We were pretty sure she was Meg, but if she was a boy, in that case, he was Not Meg (or Nutmeg), which is funny since we're from Connecticut and are in the Nutmeg state (a happy memory from the wishing and planning stage). I don't have a picture of her. I'm inspired to take one now, but have been afraid to go back and look at her since that night, on the bathroom floor of the hospital (gross, I know but that was the least of my concerns at the time).

Jennifire

Thank you again, and although there are no pictures on this thread this is my story. Jennifire

#163 ·
Jennifer, I PMed you, but I wanted to say publicly that I am impressed by your bravery in standing up for your baby at the hospital. Good for you. If you ever want to post pictures of Meg here on the thread, I know we'd all be honored to see them. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. (((hugs)))

#164 ·
This is a wonderful idea. I am still waiting for pictures from my mom and the hospital, but when I get them, I will definitely add my boys- Alan and Bruce to the thread.

#165 ·
Here are some pictures my mom took of me holding the boys (Alan and Bruce). I delivered Alan at 1:00 p.m on 3/24- he was 10 inches long and weighed 426 grams ( about15 oz). Bruce was delivered at 2:47 p.m on 3/24. He was 10 inches long and weighed 364 grams (just under 13 oz) . I will have more pictures soon but I need to call the grief and loss coordinator and tell her I am ready for them.

Twins 1.jpg Twins 2.jpgTwins 3.jpgTwins 4.jpgTwins 5.jpg

#168 ·
Thank you everyone. I will have some more to share next week. My Peri is bringing the pictures up to Boulder that they took at the hospital.

#169 ·
M Anna- I should probably check with DH, but I think it would be fine to use these pictures. We don't know exactly when they passed, but I was 22 weeks and 3 days along when I delivered them. I'm pretty sure that Bruce passed at 21 weeks and 3 days and Alan at exactly 22 weeks. When we had the ultrasound at 22 weeks the boys still had a lot of amniotic fluid so we knew their demise had been recent and when they were delivered, it was obvious that Bruce went first. When I post the other pictures, I'll tell the full story.

#171 ·
I got my pictures yesterday and will post them later this week.

#172 ·
I got my pictures yesterday and will post them later this week.

#173 ·
Here are some more pictures. Many of these are much harder, but I want to share them. Alan is the bigger and lighter one. The smaller one's name is Bruce.100_4343.JPG100_4352.JPG.100_4336.JPG100_4339.JPG

100_4334.JPG 100_4335.JPG

#174 ·
Deborah - Thank you for sharing your boys with us. They are so tiny and perfect. I admire your courage in looking at the photos and sharing them so soon. It took me a really long time to look at my babies... I hope have the pictures and sharing them with us helps you find a bit of healing.

#176 ·
Bailey- Your little girl is beautiful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.