using Aviva Romm's recommended herbs to prevent m/c - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-01-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I recently bought Aviva Romm's "The Natural Pregnancy Book", mostly for the preventing m/c info.  She recommends herbs to prevent m/c while TTC and while pregnant (without any m/c symptoms) plus additional herbs to take if you start getting signs of impending m/c.  I used to live in her city and know someone who birthed with Aviva, and I feel like I can be pretty confident in her advice.  Still, just wondering if anyone here has used the herbs and had success...

Specifically, I am planning to use:

-wild yam

-partridge berry

-false unicorn

-cramp bark

-red raspberry leaf

while TTC.  I think I will start after ovulation this cycle - my 1st post-m/c ovulation. 

I want to continue to take these in early pregnancy - to at least 9.5 weeks.  I *think* this is all safe but I'd love to hear opinions of other post-mc TTC moms like me.

Thanks so much!

Julie

#2 of 3 Old 01-01-2012, 07:08 PM

I'm interested to see how the herbs work for you! The book sounds interesting as well. I'll have to look it up. I know wild yam is like a natural progesterone? And red raspberry is for toning the uterus? I don't have experience with any of these. My acupuncturist gives me specific herbs but I don't really know what they are because it's all in Chinese...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#3 of 3 Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Sila - I'll post back to let you know how it goes.  I'm praying that it will work for me so that I'll never again have to suffer the sadness.  Aviva Romm recommends all this for 1-2 mos prior to ttc after m/c, but I think that the wild yam may be a problem prior to ovulation... 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page