Waiting to TTC - Special Circumstances October 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by starting this thread.

This thread is for those of us, who for various reasons, need to wait awhile before TTCAL. Welcome, share your stories, frustrations and questions. I only joined this group in September, but while I wait for many tests this group has been amazing, supportive and informative. 

Waiting to TTC:om.gif

October

November

Patience2013
SuzieSmiles

BeagleSmuggler

December

deborahbgkelly

January

Thebyr

pattimomma

unuselyriver

February

March

Not really Sure shrug.gif

Xerxella chartnew.gif

BetsyPage

julieven

aj_18

Off to TTC or Oh WOW I got my BFPjoy.gif

J and Js Mommy - 9 2012 - off to TTC

Revolting - 9 2012 off to TTC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

I really really do hope I am not stepping on toes by starting this. Do let me know if you need to be moved on the first post into another month or category. I will update.

AFM - My friend I was talking about in September's thread has her appointment at 3:30 today to find out if there has or has not been any improvement in her fetus's heart rate. 

I'm still waiting out the clock for my doctor's appointment. 2 days, 41 minutes. I've been having some back pain and mild cramping like AF is coming but it's much too early for her to arrive so I'm hoping it's all in my head. 

Old 10-02-2012, 11:57 AM

Thanks for starting this Beagle. Can you please change me to December? They screwed up my lab-work so we have to start over with next AF.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Deborah - Done!

AFM - 1 Day, 58 minutes until my doctor's appointment. I'm beginning to feel like what I've had for the last couple of days is ovulation pain. It's the right location and I got the ECWM. Anyways I didn't act on it because we're not cleared by hormones at all yet and not cleared physically until AF arrives (which is the next countdown clock in the hopper). 

Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

THANK YOU BEAGLE. I had just been editing the date because we were such a small group. It didn't dawn on me that someone else might want to host the thread each month. Thank you so much for taking it over this month. I have been swamped with STUFF lately. lol

I have no news. YAY for your dr's appt - tell us all about it when you get back.

Deborah - how annoying, I hope they have it right now.

Mommy to an amazing rainbow1284.gif baby boy 8.27.13
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Deborah- That sucks that they messed up your lab work! irked.gif

Beagle- Keep us updated on the appointment.

Thebyr- Sometimes no news is good news smile.gif

AFM - Just got hit with $8,600 in medical bills yesterday and DH lost his job today . . . makes me wonder if the time will ever be right to start TTC.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 AM

Oh NO Pattimomma! How terrible. Hoping some good news comes your way soon.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Yeah. I hope they get it right this time too. Just waiting on AF so we can repeat the testing. Pattimomma- So sorry. Hope things get better. Beagle- Thanks for the update. hola.gif to anyone I missed.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 10-03-2012, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

hey guys how is everyone doing?

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 PM

Pattimomma I'm so sorry about dh job loss. My hubby has been out of work for 2 yrs bit just started new job this week. There is a God.. There were plusses and negatives to it but it all works out somehow. Ugg
Deborah sorry the dr office was a bunch of dumbasses
Time is precious, hello. I'm ttc but still seeing how u all r doing. Such a nice group.
Somehow I feel I belong here. Altho we can ttc, like intuition is saying u aren't that lucky to get preg right now. No O bla bla. get on track ladies!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thebyr - have to laugh, show's how little I know about forums, the last one I was on you had to start a new thread each month if you wanted to keep the date current because they never let you edit the title so I just assumed someone had to start a monthly thread. Oops!

Patti - I am so sorry, I can't imagine the stress. My heart goes out to you. 

Deborah - You seem to be handling your anger so much better than I think I would be able. I have very low patience and having to wait another month because the lab screwed up would drive me NUTS.

J&J - I'm sure we all wish you luck and it's nice to be checked in on. 

AFM - 1 hour and 22 minutes until the doctors appointment. I'd better get dressed!

Old 10-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Beagle- I've been a lot more Zen since I've had time to see my family. I think I needed that. I am annoyed and even a bit upset, but, unfortunately, you can't change history. Somebody besides me should invent a time machine,.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 PM

Unuselyriver- I'm doing fine with the exception of major problems with my knees. Tired b/c I've been babysitting all week, but I love it. I learned some tai chi today b/c I couldn't do my normal martial arts. That was a lot of fun.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

I'm back to counting time. This time the count down is until I hope to hear from the fertility clinic that I've been accepted into high-risk and can book an appointment. 7 days, 4 hours, 9 minutes. 

Old 10-05-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleSmuggler View Post

I'm back to counting time. This time the count down is until I hope to hear from the fertility clinic that I've been accepted into high-risk and can book an appointment. 7 days, 4 hours, 9 minutes. 

So what does that mean as far as how yesterday's appointment went?

AFM- My appointment is October 22, 16 days away. Also I switched BC pills 2.5 weeks ago and have dropped 4lbs. I knew that last prescription was making me gain weight!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 AM

I'm going to be MIA a while. Finally got to see the docs with my dad. Stage 4 lung cancer - confirmed by the 2nd opinion. He's expected to have less than a year to live. I can't even explain how incredibly devastated I am. My loss just magnifies my devastation 100 fold. I go back and forth between total shock and hysteria to complete numbness and denial. So... I'm not really thinking about making a baby right now, because we made one and she should still be here... and since my life has already been rocked by losing someone who shouldn't have died - my brain is trying to shut down before it has to think about dealing with losing another. 

So - please just keep me in your thoughts. I don't really belong anywhere right now.

Thinking of you all.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:22 AM

Oh thebyr im so sorry about his diagnosis on top of everything. ill be thinking about you and when the time comes to ttc i hope u get it immediately..my mom had cancer, not that late staged tho. my sister in law died (we were super close) 1 month b4 my son died so it was a super tough time to say the least. take care. i hope u can spend quality time with your dad coming up.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:27 PM

Thebyr - I will miss you! So so sorry about your dad.

hug2.gif

Old 10-05-2012, 06:57 PM

yesterday was a hard day we went to watch a movie at a friend house guess what the name of the movie was What to Expect When You're Expecting i mean they new we had just lost are babies why in the hell would they play that and say we got a god comndey for us all to see so at the part where the girl lost her baby we both broke out cry and the go why are ya'll crying it just a movie so we got up and just left and they asked why we where leave what would you do we told them we had to get home to the kids and did not say anything else

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Patti - It just means that I have to wait some more. Given I'll speak to this in Thebyr's note, they gave me the results from the ultrasound at the hospital to tell me there were no more materials, everything had passed. I also needed an all-clear because I have stage 1 ovarian cancer. So I needed to know that the cancer had not progressed and we were cleared from that way to TTC. The final step is getting back in touch with an OB-GYN high risk clinic so they can do my hormones and check me from that level. But, that referral wasn't ready yet so I have to wait and see if they process and if not check up on the status at the end of next week.

Thebyr - I am so sorry. I have been referring to 2012 as the worst year of my life, it seems to be going that way for a lot of people. On top of the miscarriage I have been diagnosed with stage 1 ovarian cancer. I had to put my mother in social services care this year and the biggest loss of all was that my perfectly healthy 30 year old and 28 days brother died for no reason the coroner could find. He was just alive one day and gone the next. Cancer is hard. I've lost all 4 grandparents, 2 friends to it and seen what stage 4 colorectal cancer has done to my mother's body. If you need someone to talk to here, I know I'm new but feel free. Also, the Cancer Society in your area should have access to a lot of services to help your family with care and also to help you emotionally with what you personally will be going through with this diagnosis. Again, I am so sorry for this terrible news. 

Uselyriver - I've been avoiding that movie. What horrid insensitivity. 

AFM - No real new news. I'm confused because it feels like I have ECWM and have for a few days. But, too early and not cleared to TTC so I'm counting down those days to check on the referral. 6 Days, 2 Hours, 29 Minutes. 

Old 10-06-2012, 07:50 PM

ok maybe you ladies can help me with this i want to know is there any natural stuff i can take instead of taking  Synthroid  cause it makes me a really bitch person

Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Uselyriver - Sorry, I don't know. I hope one of the other ladies can help.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING (to any other Canadians on this thread)

AFM - Countdown to hopefully hearing from the fertility clinic and if not following up: 5 Days, 43 minutes. 

Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 AM

Unusely- I've heard Armour is good. The only trouble is that it is not monitored as well and you can't be sure you are getting exactly the right dose. I know that I couldn't even take generic and have it work right. Thebyr- My thoughts are with you. AFM- AF seems to be on her way! Woohoo!

Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Deborah - Fingers crossed!

AFM - I'm so confused. Yesterday morning I had a small bit of blood when I wiped, cramping and a bit of back pain. So, I thought AF might be REALLY early. I'm only 13 days past when the miscarriage bleeding actually stopped but almost 3 weeks past when there was a regular flow of blood. Anyways today it has stopped. So, I'm relieved in a way because I think it was too early, but also confused because I have NEVER had any blood between periods. 

Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 AM

Beagle- Could you have been ovulating? I started spotting with ovulation after I delivered the boys. I don't spot every month, but I sometimes spot. AFM- AF is not yet here, I'm guessing she'll be here around Wednesday.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM

Hello Everyone! So sorry that I haven't been around over the last couple of weeks, been really busy and am just catching up. It appears that I've missed a lot, wow!

Thebyr - I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. My thoughts are with you. hug2.gif

Patti - wow on your med bill, ouch! I haven't received mine yet, worried... Sorry about DHs job, that sucks! hug.gif

malzimus - how are you doing? Did everything check out alright at your appointment?

AFM - I am trying to get caught up on everything, need to budget my computer time more efficiently as well. I'm going in for my first acupuncture treatment focusing on fertility tomorrow:) It's not my first time with acupuncture, but it is the first tim with helping to make sure all is good for being fertile, healthy eggs, etc... Have had one AF since m/c and expect the 2nd one in about a week or so. After that I hope to be back on track. Maybe I'll move up to TTC in November?

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
Old 10-09-2012, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Deborah - Thanks for putting that thought out there. It would be the right time for ovulation bleeding if my body has actually decided to ovulate on it's own (something that wasn't working pre-conception).

Suzie - I've moved you up to November, good luck with the accupunctre. 

AFM - I moved myself up to November as well. If That was ovulation bleeding then there shouldn't be any harm in trying next month once AF actually does arrive. It still may be like trying to shoot with an empty gun... although that's a more appropriate analogy if I were male. Hoping to hear from the fertility clinic by the end of the week. 3 days, 3 hours, 17 minutes. 

Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleSmuggler View Post

AFM - No real new news. I'm confused because it feels like I have ECWM and have for a few days. But, too early and not cleared to TTC so I'm counting down those days to check on the referral. 6 Days, 2 Hours, 29 Minutes. 

Just reviewed my experience and thought maybe it would help you make sense of what's happening with you... I know that my very long process of missed m/c, waiting to m/c naturally then ending up with a d&a probably makes my situation a little different. But, after my d&a, I bled for about a week. Then, had what I considered to be EWCM for a few days, then I had a period 9 days later (17 days after the actual procedure). It was a normal period but had a lot of clots and a few heavy days in the beginning. I expect to have another period in about a week (hope so). Have been charting just to get back in the habit. I feel that I started at the right time because the m/c actually started on the 20th of Aug. (spotted for a week before). So, with having AF come on the 16th, seemed about the right time to me - I know we aren't really supposed to count the days between m/c and period as normal cycle, etc. if you know what I mean, but it just feels right to do so to in my mind. 

So, maybe you did ovulate when you had that light spotting and hopefully you will have a normal AF arrive when it normally does after you ovulate? Hope so, I know that the unknown is a terrible place to dwell in! hug.gif

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
Old 10-10-2012, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Suzie - The unknown sucks. That's what drives me nuts. I'm also driving myself a bit nuts because if I did ovulate it feels like I missed a really important chance. My body doesn't normally ovulate. Even though my temperatures, ECWM were indicating that it does blood work confirmed that I wasn't. So if I did.... well there's a way to drive myself insane. 

AFM - Still on the clock waiting for the fertility clinic to call. 2 Days, 3 Hours, 28 Minutes. 

Old 10-10-2012, 01:52 PM

Still no AF. Argh!

User Tag List