Hope, Healing, and Conceiving in December, 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 287 Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This thread is for women who wish to conceive after a loss and need support, hope and healing. If you wish to be added to the thread or want to modify your info please make requests in bold. If you have a chart online either at TCOYF or at Fertility Friend and would like it linked with your name in the list, just post the link and add the icon in your post so I don’t miss anyone.

Bring on the babies!!

Waiting to O: 2whistle.gif

Revolting

MommatoGray
BeagleSmuggler

GraysMama

Mamacatsbaby

Waiting to know: pos.gif

Sarah918

WildDoula

Thebyr chartnew.gif

SuzieSmiles

Oh Crap! I Don't Know What I'm Doing??!!?!??!?!? dizzy.gif

MegEliz

Shell29

Waiting with Special Circumstances lurk.gif

pattimomma

BetsyPage

Patience2013

malzimus

unuselyriver
maszat85

Oregon2010

Recent BFPs!rainbow1284.gif

December- deborahbgkelly

November- Porcelina, J and J's Mommy

October - beingmommy, SweetMama34, Tenk, Oregon2010angel1.gif, maszat85angel1.gif

September - unuselyriverangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif

August- Shell29angel1.gif, RaineyDaye, Lisanne, BaileyB, patience2013angel1.gif

July- SilaMarilaangel1.gif, writinglove, JelloPandaangel1.gif, Bena, thecoffeebeanangel1.gif, patience2013angel1.gif, BeagleSmugglerangel1.gif

June- writingloveangel1.gif, deportivo4, xerxellaangel1.gifangel1.gif , Revoltingangel1.gif, BetsyPageangel1.gif, CamoShades, jodieanneanton

May - AmBamangel1.gif, autumngrey, Adaline'sMama

April - stegenrae, Harmony96, beingmommyangel1.gif, thecoffeebean angel1.gif

March - confused.gif

February - MegEliz angel1.gif, Gemmine, Wendlynnn

January - Nelson, Vegan Princess, zubeldia

In our thoughts: hug2.gif

M Anna chartnew.gif

SKJ2011 chartnew.gif

Asling chartnew.gif

RoseRedHoofbeats

foxadillo

Attached2Elijah chartnew.gif

KodyAnn chartnew.gif

MountainMamaGC chartnew.gif

TeamViddy chartnew.gif

JelloPanda chartnew.gif

crunchy mom qi

KirstenO chartnew.gif

SilaMarila chartnew.gif

mamabutterfly chartnew.gif

emski4379 chartnew.gif

*In an effort to keep our header as up-to-date as possible, the threadkeeper reserves the right to move you to "In our thoughts" from "Waiting to O" and "Waiting to know" if you have not posted in this thread or in the previous thread. The threadkeeper may remove your name from the list if you have not posted to the thread within the previous three months. You are always welcome to rejoin the thread at any time.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 287 Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Let me know if anyone needs any changes made.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#3 of 287 Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Let me know if anyone needs any changes made.

#4 of 287 Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM

Welcome, Orshi! Glad to see you here!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#5 of 287 Old 11-27-2012, 12:14 PM

Deborah, could you put me in Oh Crap, I don't know what I'm doing, please and thanks. I don't think we are going to try again, but I may change my mind, and I'm not leaving the forum so I might as well fit in somewhere lol.

Mom to ds (2005) and dd (2008) both with autism ribbonrainbow.gif and a proud advocate here! Also mom to ds (m/c @ 12 weeks, Sept 11/2011) angel2.gif, and an early m/c (6 weeks) in 2004. Also now missing my rainbow baby angel1.gif who was due April 2013, but lost Nov 16 2012 at exactly 18 weeks.  Probably not trying again.

#6 of 287 Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 PM

Hey everyone, with 'failing' another month and the holidays i stayed away for a week or so. it made the time go faster.

This cycle im to take estrogen and progesterone 3 days after my peak (LH surge) day---BUT WHEN THE HECK IS THAT??? my O signs are gone so i got a 7 day ovulation kit and we will DTD DAILY days 15-20 at least. According to lab work I O'd on day 18 last cycle and the only sign i had was cramping of the uterus which was never the case b4 my last pregnancy. PLUS my latest AF was preceeded by nearly non-existent old blood spotting days 28-29, then a day of extreme cramps on day 30 then VERY LIGHT bleeding for 3 days-i only used panty liners!. ANY thoughts on this extremely light AF???? INPUT WELCOMED & NEEDED. i dont know what such a light AF means. Someone that kind of knows my situation asked if i was pregnant when i told them about my AF, but the labs said NO....

Doesn't O'ing on day 18 seem very late to anyone else?? they claim i am releasing an egg b/c my prog was at 273-very high but then it plummetted, hence needing to take est/prog. Clomid isn't an answer "b/c with my levels so high i may release multiple eggs (twins etc.)" so what! the more the merrier!

I just cant believe things are this hard for me. my mom had the nerve to say this weekend, i want a granddaughter so get on it. thanks mom, who said im even able to have kids anymore....

#7 of 287 Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM

Subbing. Lurking.  Pretty sick right now with all 24/7 m/s so not posting much but keeping up and rooting for everyone. goodvibes.gif

Wife to DHguitar.gif, Mama to DS1 luxlove.gifribbonjigsaw.gif (06/2007) and DS2 baby.gif (06/2013), missing babies (mc 08/2006 @ 5 weeks) and (missed mc 06/2012 @ 11 weeks)

#8 of 287 Old 11-28-2012, 06:57 AM

Please move me to "Waiting to O".  Thanks! 

I was fairly certain that I ovulated mid-cycle this month.  We timed BD well, and on ~ CD 25, I got a faint positive on a FRER.  I took it with SMU, so I waited until the next AM to take one with FMU.  It was just as light, if not lighter.  The line never did darken over the next two days.  Then, I started bleeding on Friday (CD 28).  I think this is my 2nd period post-loss.  I assume since my cycles have always been regular and that I started bleeding on CD 28, that this was my period?  It isn't as heavy as my pre-loss periods were, but definitely heavier than last month and I have some other period symptoms as well (mood swings, cramping, etc.).  So now I'm confused.  Was this a chemical pregnancy?  Were my eyes playing tricks on me and I was imagining this line?  I wonder if this could have been residual HCG from my loss?  I took HPT's after my loss to make sure my HCG was decreasing, and I did get negatives, but they were on $ store tests.  The faint positives I was getting this month, were on FRER.  So is it possible that I still have trace amounts of HCG in my system after all this time?  I'm sad to think that it was a possible chemical pregnancy and that my body failed me yet again, but also relieved that it seems as though my body is getting back to "normal".  I know last cycle I had some brown spotting after a wk of AF.  It just lingered on for a week or so.  So, maybe I never really ovulated and this month will be our first real chance at conceiving post-loss. 

bftoddler.giffambedsingle1.gif

candle.gif September, 2012

http://[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/30472e][img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/30472e/thumb.png[/img] My Ovulation Chart[/url]

#9 of 287 Old 11-28-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J and Js mommy View Post

Hey everyone, with 'failing' another month and the holidays i stayed away for a week or so. it made the time go faster.

This cycle im to take estrogen and progesterone 3 days after my peak (LH surge) day---BUT WHEN THE HECK IS THAT??? my O signs are gone so i got a 7 day ovulation kit and we will DTD DAILY days 15-20 at least. According to lab work I O'd on day 18 last cycle and the only sign i had was cramping of the uterus which was never the case b4 my last pregnancy. PLUS my latest AF was preceeded by nearly non-existent old blood spotting days 28-29, then a day of extreme cramps on day 30 then VERY LIGHT bleeding for 3 days-i only used panty liners!. ANY thoughts on this extremely light AF???? INPUT WELCOMED & NEEDED. i dont know what such a light AF means. Someone that kind of knows my situation asked if i was pregnant when i told them about my AF, but the labs said NO....

Doesn't O'ing on day 18 seem very late to anyone else?? they claim i am releasing an egg b/c my prog was at 273-very high but then it plummetted, hence needing to take est/prog. Clomid isn't an answer "b/c with my levels so high i may release multiple eggs (twins etc.)" so what! the more the merrier!

I just cant believe things are this hard for me. my mom had the nerve to say this weekend, i want a granddaughter so get on it. thanks mom, who said im even able to have kids anymore....

I just wanted to offer you some words of encouragement ... I NEVER O before day 18 and as a matter of fact in October I O'd on day 21 actually and as far as I know I always have O'd that late.  Most months it's day 19 but this past cycle it just happened to be day 21.  Good luck mama!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#10 of 287 Old 11-28-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraysMama View Post

I was fairly certain that I ovulated mid-cycle this month.  We timed BD well, and on ~ CD 25, I got a faint positive on a FRER.  I took it with SMU, so I waited until the next AM to take one with FMU.  It was just as light, if not lighter.  The line never did darken over the next two days.  Then, I started bleeding on Friday (CD 28).  I think this is my 2nd period post-loss.  I assume since my cycles have always been regular and that I started bleeding on CD 28, that this was my period?  It isn't as heavy as my pre-loss periods were, but definitely heavier than last month and I have some other period symptoms as well (mood swings, cramping, etc.).  So now I'm confused.  Was this a chemical pregnancy?  Were my eyes playing tricks on me and I was imagining this line?  I wonder if this could have been residual HCG from my loss?  I took HPT's after my loss to make sure my HCG was decreasing, and I did get negatives, but they were on $ store tests.  The faint positives I was getting this month, were on FRER.  So is it possible that I still have trace amounts of HCG in my system after all this time?  I'm sad to think that it was a possible chemical pregnancy and that my body failed me yet again, but also relieved that it seems as though my body is getting back to "normal".  I know last cycle I had some brown spotting after a wk of AF.  It just lingered on for a week or so.  So, maybe I never really ovulated and this month will be our first real chance at conceiving post-loss. 

Did they follow your HCG levels after miscarriage? Mine were down to 7 by about 3 weeks after I passed the sac (I had an early loss, though, and waiting to miscarry on my own, which took several weeks from when miscarriage was first suspected). But, if you have had 2 periods post-loss, unless there was still some tissue left over, it sounds like it was probably a chemical pregnancy. :(  Hopefully, things will get back on track -- we are supposed to have better pregnancy outcomes within the first 3 months ofter a loss, so hopefully things will go better next time. But, if you keep getting faint positive tests even after AF, I would see a doctor about possible tissue left from the miscarriage.

Deborah, you can add me to the Recent BFP list! (I'll hang out there while I can, lol!)

Shell, how are you doing? Hanging in there? I still can't believe what has happened to you. Are you physically recovered somewhat?

#11 of 287 Old 11-28-2012, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Will do, Porcelina. AFM- All systems go! My ovaries were quiet, my lining was thin, and I have no cysts, so DH and I are going to have to learn to be ealry birds for the next couple of weeks. I get 2 shots at 7 a.m. and one at 7 p.m. and I have to be at an appointment an hour away by 7:30 a.m. on Sunday. On a side note, I got an A on my midterm.

#12 of 287 Old 11-28-2012, 03:09 PM

GraysMama, thank you. The puppy has been a pretty good distraction.

Porcelina, I am doing mostly ok now. When I get down I scoop up Bruce and have puppy cuddles. Both DS and DD are in school full time, and DP works looooong hours, so having Bruce around has been a pretty good distraction, and something positive to focus on. Physically I am ok, still very light bleeding, wishing it would stop but I guess thats still normal. Friday will be 2 weeks.

Hello to everyone else. I'm lurking, just not posting much.

Mom to ds (2005) and dd (2008) both with autism ribbonrainbow.gif and a proud advocate here! Also mom to ds (m/c @ 12 weeks, Sept 11/2011) angel2.gif, and an early m/c (6 weeks) in 2004. Also now missing my rainbow baby angel1.gif who was due April 2013, but lost Nov 16 2012 at exactly 18 weeks.  Probably not trying again.

#13 of 287 Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 PM

I am on CD8 after my chemical pregnancy and my pre O temps are higher than usual still.  They are usually about 97.3 and right now they are 97.7, still below my coverline though.  Just going to keep temping and use OPK's to see if I ovulate this cycle.  If I do, we are going to go for it.  I am hoping this cycle isn't too wonky.  Fingers crossed!

Good luck to you all! Hope this is your month.

#14 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

CD7 here, so nothing to report. Lurking, sending good luck to everyone who needs it. heartbeat.gif

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
#15 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 10:45 AM

I just called & scheduled with a fertility spec! Dec 14! Wonder how much this will cost altho I have insurance. Told hubby let's not get gifts for each other for Christmas. He is to come with me to the appt. I start opk as of Sunday. It's a 7 day one. I should have spent the $ on a full cycle kit. Cd 12, gettIng ready to dtd daily...chore...
#16 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:

I just called & scheduled with a fertility spec! Dec 14! Wonder how much this will cost altho I have insurance. Told hubby let's not get gifts for each other for Christmas. He is to come with me to the appt. I start opk as of Sunday. It's a 7 day one. I should have spent the $ on a full cycle kit. Cd 12, gettIng ready to dtd daily...chore...

Sounds like a great idea! I hope you get some answers. Good luck!

#17 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM

Subbing!

hola.gif

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#18 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 PM

im going crazy! all of a sudden at work i got cramps (the only sign i get of O) after lunch & back pain. i was going to wait until sunday to start the OPK but i just took one and am pretty sure its a strong positive. what do you all think?. im think about conceiving SOOOO much my mind isn't clear to make any decisions. here is the pic. plus we didnt dtd but can in a couple hours if it even matters!!. haha if i'm o'ing today that is one hell of a crappy birthday present for me tomorrow. ive never taken an opk test before. opk for dummies!!!! my period was so light im tempted to take a preg test just so i can get the notion out of my head (and drink wine).

Porcelina i had to post lol

#19 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:

im going crazy! all of a sudden at work i got cramps (the only sign i get of O) after lunch & back pain. i was going to wait until sunday to start the OPK but i just took one and am pretty sure its a strong positive. what do you all think?. im think about conceiving SOOOO much my mind isn't clear to make any decisions. here is the pic. plus we didnt dtd but can in a couple hours if it even matters!!. haha if i'm o'ing today that is one hell of a crappy birthday present for me tomorrow. ive never taken an opk test before. opk for dummies!!!! my period was so light im tempted to take a preg test just so i can get the notion out of my head (and drink wine).

Porcelina i had to post lol

Looks positive or very very close to it.  I would say you still have time to BD too :) go for it!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#20 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell29 View Post

GraysMama, thank you. The puppy has been a pretty good distraction.

Porcelina, I am doing mostly ok now. When I get down I scoop up Bruce and have puppy cuddles. Both DS and DD are in school full time, and DP works looooong hours, so having Bruce around has been a pretty good distraction, and something positive to focus on. Physically I am ok, still very light bleeding, wishing it would stop but I guess thats still normal. Friday will be 2 weeks.

Hello to everyone else. I'm lurking, just not posting much.

Glad to hear you are getting lots of snuggles in! Hugs to you!

J and J's, great news! Hope it works out this cycle!!

#21 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

J and J's mommy- I'm with Tenk and also glad you are hopefully going to get some answers soon. AFM- Didn't get to skip my period this year like I did last year, but I almost think that is an indicator for a healthier cycle and, hopefully, a healthier pregnancy. Had my first injections this morning and about to get another one in about a half an hour. I got my mom's 70th birthday present and a treat or two for myself. My therapist is working on me to learn to spoil myself a little more, so she'd be proud.

#22 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

J and J's mommy- I'm with Tenk and also glad you are hopefully going to get some answers soon. AFM- Didn't get to skip my period this year like I did last year, but I almost think that is an indicator for a healthier cycle and, hopefully, a healthier pregnancy. Had my first injections this morning and about to get another one in about a half an hour. I got my mom's 70th birthday present and a treat or two for myself. My therapist is working on me to learn to spoil myself a little more, so she'd be proud.

#23 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 PM

Things seem to be going very well for u Deborah. A close friend went thru ivf and I admire your drive and patience.
#24 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks J and Js Mommy. The twins were also conceived via IVF but my experience has been much harder this time. I'm having a much harder time physically than I did last year.Good thing I told people I didn't know how I'd react. We are using a different protocol because we expect a better response and are hoping to freeze some embies.

#25 of 287 Old 11-29-2012, 09:16 PM

Sorry about that it seemed to be going well based on the posts. Wishing you the best on your retrieval and entire process. And singing!
#26 of 287 Old 11-30-2012, 05:45 AM

Bfp bfp
I'm sooo crazy right now and it's my 30 birthday!!! Can't wait to tell my dr office that their labs r wacky or find out what's really going on. I've gained weight the past weeks & didn't know why. Thank u everyone. I'm celebrating but prob shouldn't omg omg so many emotions.
#27 of 287 Old 11-30-2012, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

J and J's mommy- Congrats! What a great birthday present! The boys were my 30th birthday present (a couple days belated). Let me know if/when you want to be moved to recent BFPs. Actually, it is going well aside from the side effects. Everything is right on schedule and my body is doing what my RE's office wants it to do. These drugs are different than last years' and make me dizzy and nauseous. It's good practice (I hope), but not very fun.

#28 of 287 Old 11-30-2012, 08:01 AM

Yay J&J's Mommy!!!! I was so thrilled to see your news this morning!! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!!

That explains the light period and the positive OPK! And, the awesome thing is, you are probably like almost 6 weeks, right? Do you have a July or August DD?

So stinking cool!

Deborah, I agree you have a lot of strength!! Best of luck!! And thanks for thread-keeping!

#29 of 287 Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

No problem and, what a great way to start off the December thread! Let's keep it going ladies.

#30 of 287 Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

J and Js mommy- Sometimes it takes a little longer for the HCG to show up. My niece was an "I didn't know I was pregnant" story b/c of idiot doctors.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page