~*~ Hope, Healing, and Conceiving - February 2013 ~*~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 210 Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I definitely know the attempt-to-post-but-get-pulled-away dance NSmom lol.gif . Bah, limbo is absolutely for the birds. Hope AF either shows soon or if she stays gone that this whole UTI mystery is put to bed. Thanks so much for your input on my chart. B/c of my PD I think I'd go with CD14 as well. Will keep watching the temps! If it was in fact CD14 though, hopefully something caught if it was going to since O-2 would be our best chances there. Too pooped O-1 and DS2 was having none of that O day, even though I could have fought through the tired lol.gif . So we got O-4, O-3, and O-2. I know that O-2 is supposed to be the best chance statistically but, meh...

100%mom: I don't think I completely processed before that your friend is due the same day you were hug.gif . How are you today?

Me, I just signed up at goodreads.com and omg, who needs the TWW to obsess?! I am in love love.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 210 Old 02-24-2013, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Mamacatsbaby, After looking at your chart, my vote is also for CD 14. fingersx.gif

Congrats Patience biggrinbounce.gif

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#183 of 210 Old 02-24-2013, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

mammacatsbaby, I'd go for d14 too.  See what the next few temps are.  Did you temp at an odd time on d10?  

Nsmom-I wonder if you have something else going on that's not a uti?  I can't remember, where you trying this cycle?  I wonder if your longer lp is a bfp?

afm-I'm all over the place, getting very emotional.  My cervix is high and med, starting to get softer and my cf is slowly turning to ew as the day has progressed.  But  I have no ferns on both saliva or cm.  Yes, I went crazy and thought perhaps I was doing something wrong with my saliva so scoped my cf, but no ferning or branches or anything.  So ff is telling me probably not fertile, but if I took away the fern it would say that I am.  It's frustrating as can be. I feel like I should have gone ahead and used opks this month too and might next month if no bfp, to see if the opks correlate with the ferning and the other signs.  Heck, there's not going to be a bfp if we don't get a chance to bd, lol.  It's so hard to find time when one child usually sleeps in the room and my inlaws are staying with us.  Feels like I'm running out of time this month. My acne is really bad this month too :(  Every time I have more than one gear up to ovulate it's pretty bad.  One very odd thing, is if I put ff on research it has me ovulated already and I think I would be 7dpo, which could have happened if the vitex is messing with my cycle.  I read some women it completely messed up the first few cycles before regulating them. Just want a chance this month, I feel like this could be our month.  But, tcoy still says that I should probably ovulate this week, same as ff if I keep ff on advanced/fam.

#184 of 210 Old 02-25-2013, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

hippy mum and pattimomma thanks for telling me what you think about my chart! hippy mum on CD10 I had to take my temp about 40 min earlier than normal since DS2 wanted to wake up before the birds, again lol. So that's the adjusted. My charts didn't used to have these pre-O dips like this so shrug.gif who knows? I'm just glad my temps didn't go all super low like last month and I have to wonder if it's b/c we're working on weaning. I've been pondering if that first temp shift was my body getting ready to pull the trigger but didn't then was finally able to the 14th.

I'm sorry this cycle is leaning on the extra emotional side for you hippy mum and yeah, acne is just the worst. Do you think food allergies and/or intolerances might cause it to be worse? I know that was the case for me. I've been extremely emotional and irritable for the last couple of days too and the weather isn't making it any better, ugh. TTC isn't even the bulk of the issue either so go figure there lol.gif . It's a little too soon for PMS and the whole thing just sucks, bleh. Big hug.gif 's for you just 'cause. I hope that eggy stops being so elusive for you!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#185 of 210 Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

AF is here. I started spotting *very* lightly yesterday and wondered if perhaps my uterine lining just hadn't had the chance to rebuild itself after the d&c, but things seem more normal today... 

hippy mum, no we weren't TTC this cycle and there was really no chance of a BFP before next weekend, but I did check just in case! Now I just have to figure out what is going on with the possible infection because I want it dealt with before TTC. Any ideas to what it might be? Symptoms: frequent urination, smells like ammonia, general aching sensation in bladder area, occasional prickly/itchy sensation in vulva.

I don't know much about ferning and I didn't think it was normally done with CF, but can you describe your CF? Is it slippery, sticky, clear, stretchy, etc? I know what you mean about not finding the time to BD, but if your in-laws are staying with you, can you get them to take the kid(s) out of the house for a few hours?

mamacatsbaby, it sounds like your timing was awesome this month, so just try to relax and not worry about it too much for the next 2 weeks. (I know that's easier said than done.)

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#186 of 210 Old 02-25-2013, 01:01 PM

NSmomtobe – Yes trying to relax and still thinking oh I am probably not pregnant. We will see if that works! And yes nursing while TTC, but the fact that my temps and OPKs have shown that I am ovulating obviously means I am fertile. I was nursing way more when I got pregnant in the summer. But now I do know that my luteal phase was short, at least that is getting back on track. I too started pains way after baby died. Baby was 5 weeks 3 days and I didn’t miscarry until 1 day short of nine weeks. So I cannot see nursing being the culprit. I am sorry to hear about your UTI, those are just not fun! Beautiful necklace.

Deborah – I love the tye-dyed short so cute! Love seeing your pics ;) Thank you for sharing that song – I needed a lot of tissues. Glad that karaoke was fun and that your sweet fur babies are helping you along.

Mamacatsbaby – It does suck, boo! I don’t like this waiting and wondering – way too stressful. Continuing to slowly go forward, finding things to keep me busy. It is incredible how common miscarriages are and how no one ever talks about them. What book are you reading? I don’t know if my opinion is worth anything when it comes to charting – but it sure looks like O day was the 14th.

Hippymum – thanks for the tincture info. I am sorry that you are so emotional and I understand how it sucks when there is no time to bd! Hopefully your chart starts to make more sense.

100%mom – I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully you will be encouraged here! I am also sad to hear that you have a friend due the same day you would have been. Two weeks after I lost our baby a friend announced she was pregnant and although the due dates were not the same it was hard to take.

Patience – Congrats!!!

Suzie – I am so glad everything is going well for you! And that you heard a beautiful heartbeat!

AFM – I had a really bad day emotionally yesterday, I was really feeling sorry for myself. Just sad and frustrated that I am not six months pregnant, like I should be. My DS was sick this week, very high fevers and rashes. So I slept on the floor beside his crib most of the week. It made temping very difficult. He has been night weaned for some time but of course his nursing amped up while he was sick. My chart is messed up, because quite a few temps are missing. I would like your guys opinion on what you think is going on. FF said I O’ed on CD 18, but I did not get a positive OPK or a peak on my monitor until CD19/20. And I think I O’ed on CD 20. Ahhh! I don’t know, what do you think?? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2dab9a

#187 of 210 Old 02-25-2013, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

NSmom: If those aren't UTI symptoms I don't know what are confused.gif . Will keep consulting Dr. Google! Maybe I'll come across something else that could make sense with the symptoms you have. And yeah, I'm aces thumbsup.gif . Doing some wondering if this will become the 9 month cycle that ends with a healthy baby lol.gif but not as worried about it like I have been. I'll be disappointed if this isn't my cycle again but ultimately all is well. This is a good place, I like it lol.

Big hug.gif 's MommatoGray. I'm sorry you're dealing with those Should Have Been's that seem to pop up with some serious force whenever they damn well please. No mercy is what they got, ugh. Plus with your DS being ill and all that entailed, it's no wonder you're feeling extra emotional! To venture a guess at your chart based on the data you have, I would think you likely O'd around CD19 (looking at the fact you also had EWCF that day), or possibly CD20 (did you have EW that day too?) as I see that was your FM PD like you said. Were you having O pain CD's 19 and 20 that you remember? Did you get to check your cervix those days? This is a tough one! Either way it looks like you've got BD covered nicely thumb.gif . Shoot, sometimes we gotta throw ourselves a pity party ya know? Feel whatever you need to feel b/c it's all a part of your own personal journey and nothing about it is right or wrong. I do hope you find yourself feeling better soon. Oh, and I'm starting on The Day of the Triffids. It's not too long so looks like I'll be done in plenty of time for when the other book I requested from the library comes in, woohoo! Really into post apocalyptic fiction right now but I do read, well, everything lol.gif . I really want to read Larry Flynt's One Nation Under Sex and this other book that DH has been wanting me to read Cocaine: An Unauthorized Biography. I'm excited read.gif .

Me, went to half-off day at one of the thrift stores near us and scored lots of awesome stuff carrot.gif . I'm ready for spring so I can wear these sundresses and things! I also got a funny little maternity shirt that would be perfect for a nice, round, hot weather baby belly love.gif . Even if I don't get to wear it for hot weather it would be a comfy night shirt smile.gif . I thought about not putting the cart before the horse but come on, it was .50! Or was it $1? Either way, I bought it redface.gif .

#188 of 210 Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 PM

Nsmom-could it be related to the d&c at all?  Are you feeling crampy or flu like?  My cf started to turn ew last evening/night and today was very wet and slippery/stretchy.  Though my creamy stretches a lot too.  Shrug.  This is round two of ewcf, but my cervix is high soft today.

Mammatogray-is your ds feeling better?  I'm going with o between d19-22 seeing as there are missing temps + the opks.  You have great coverage though :)  Sending lots of baby dust.

Mammacatsbaby-I love to read!  I just brought home a bunch of books from the library.  We have half off thrift days too-they are awesome, when I remember to go.  I was looking at all these cool maternity shirts too the other day, but kept them on the rack.  Last time, I had just unpacked my summer clothes to wear and mc about a week later.  

Afm-Diet is related, but at this point I have no idea what else to try.  Will have to check out that goodreads.  I ordered some paleo/primal cookbooks to try, since we are already gf.  I found some women with pcos went to eating more that way and the pcos basically went away, and I'm half way there anyhow.  Dairy is the one that gets me.  Weston Price says women (especially with pcos) need the raw dairy and good meats to help keep the hormones balanced and enough good fats in the body, but then I see that dairy can make pcos worse.  When I think back, I've been dealing with this since I was a teen, but it's gone through bad stages.  I can't figure out at all how we even got pregnant the three times we did.  Lol, I mean I know how :), but for each one we only bd once.  Now, there can be lots of little swimmers but no egg or no chicken.  It's like ever since the mc and getting older has thrown my hormones into major chaos.

A good friend of mine says part of it is emotional, that I need to let go and forgive, be at peace. I feel like I have, mostly.  Oh!  We had a chance to bd, whoop!  Ff is still saying not fertile, but tcoyf says yes.  Keeping fingers crossed I ovulate in the next day or two and we get another chance to bd. Not sure why I'm getting so emotional, just stress.  I took today off the two days I work because I just wanted to rest.  I forgot who asked, but I'm probably going to get out of the vet field all together.  

#189 of 210 Old 02-26-2013, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%mom View Post

OMG! That is so exciting! I wanna be pg so bad right now. Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly View Post

Woohoo patience! Sticky, healthy baby vibes for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unuselyriver View Post

congrats Patience clap.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifblueman.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy mum View Post

Patience-Yay!!! Congrats, take it easy as you can :)  I really like the support here as well.  

Thanks 100%mom, deborah, unuselyriver, & hippy mum!  I appreciate your congratulations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post

So excited for you Patience! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif Uber sticky baby goodvibes.gif coming your way doll! I'm so glad you have that feeling of peace, such a wonderful place to be in love.gif . I also believe we get signs throughout our journeys here. So many born days so close together seems to me like there's a particular energy circulating around that time for your family. Yes, please take it easy. Will be checking in on you as well! Let me know when you would like to be moved to "Recent BFP's" smile.gif .

Me, it continues to amaze me how often women m/c. I got together with another mom from our HS group for a playdate (jeebus I hate that word lol.gif ) with our kids (they all had such a fantastically wonderful time and the park was double aces!) and we started talking about having more kids and our m/c's. She's had six and whereas she wants another baby, she's really not wanting to deal with all the potential of just, everything, anytime soon. I almost started ranting but then the pissiness might take over this post so instead I'll just say again how screwed up it is that we don't know how apparently normal m/c is 'til it happens. Ahh, but I guess silence is golden?! eyesroll.gif

Here's a c/p from another thread I post in, just me processing:
Hope the weekend is starting off lovely for you ladies!

Thank you Mamacatsbaby, there does seem to be an energy circulating around that time for sure!  I never really thought of it as an energy, but that would make better sense to me than just being a coincidence as I've thought over the years.  Yes, please move me to Recent BFP's.  I'm not sure what thread I am supposed to move on to though.

I am also amazed how many mc's take place & it seems that in my life, most women aren't even aware that you can mc before af.  I've also noticed the women in my area aren't aware of much of anything about the reproductive system & about all they do know is they have af 1x a month & that sex = baby.  When I have shared some of the info that I have learned over time, they are shocked that the body is so complex & it goes to show that most of society is not educated about that aspect at all.  It seems most of us, including myself don't actually try to learn about it til we start having our own mc's.  I wish I would of knew more when I was younger, not just about why mc's occur, but pregnancy & labor & delivery also.  I could of made so many better choices in the birth of my 4 dd's!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

Congratulations, Patience! I'm sending you extra sticky baby vibes!

AFM, AF still hasn't come, which had me convinced that I had not O'd this cycle because if I did when I thought I did, I am 15 DPO today, and my longest LP on record is 13 days. But then I started temping this weekend and my temperatures have been above 98 which was always a post-O temp for me when I did chart, so now I think I did O but not when I thought I did. So I really don't know what is going on with me.

Also, my urine culture came back negative for infection!?! I'm still having symptoms and I will send another culture to the lab tomorrow. If they can't find anything, I will continue to treat it naturally (cranberry pills) and probiotics. But if I do have an infection, I want to treat it with antibiotics so I can get rid of it for good.

Thanks for the comments on the necklace, everyone! 

Thanks NSmomtobe.  I hope that you can get to the bottom of this infection & if you can't, I hope that natural treatment works well for you.  I've been on a path of learning about natural remedies for about 3 yrs now, but I still have so far to go.  And yes, the necklace is absolutely beautiful!!  I may have something like that created in the future for my mc's, but instead of dates, maybe just something general for all of my mc's since there were too many to list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattimomma View Post

Congrats Patience biggrinbounce.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommatoGray View Post

Patience – Congrats!!!

AFM – I had a really bad day emotionally yesterday, I was really feeling sorry for myself. Just sad and frustrated that I am not six months pregnant, like I should be. My DS was sick this week, very high fevers and rashes. So I slept on the floor beside his crib most of the week. It made temping very difficult. He has been night weaned for some time but of course his nursing amped up while he was sick. My chart is messed up, because quite a few temps are missing. I would like your guys opinion on what you think is going on. FF said I O’ed on CD 18, but I did not get a positive OPK or a peak on my monitor until CD19/20. And I think I O’ed on CD 20. Ahhh! I don’t know, what do you think?? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2dab9a

Thank you Pattimomma & MommatoGray. 

I am sorry for your loss & hope that healing finds you. hug2.gif I can't reply much on the whole chart thing since I never really got into charting, but what I have experienced is on the months that I didn't do an OPK, (Oct - Jan), I never got a BFP.  And I noticed that after the 4 mc's, my O symptoms changed dramatically.  I used to get very clear signs that I was Oing (past 3 yrs) prior to the mc's last year.  I used to get O pain, EWCM & wanted sex like there was no tomorrow around CD18.  Once I had the last 4 mc's, I got all of that minus O pain roughly CD7 - CD9.  But in my history, I never O til CD18.  The same thing happened this past cycle.  I had all the symptoms CD7-CD9 (didn't start OPK til CD12).  I finally ended up getting a + on CD19-CD23.  Thinking the darkest one was CD21 which is late for me.  But ended up with a BFP.  For me, I tend to trust the OPK's more than I trust all the symptoms as far as Oing after a mc.  I almost wish I would of started the OPK's the day after my period to see if I would of got a + then too because I do know for fact that I conceived 3 days after my af ended last Aug. (ended in mc).  I'm sure it was one of those rare occasions, but no doubt when your body is out of whack, it can happen.  Fingers crossed for your BFP!! 

14 weeks pg w/ baby!
Peace Love Joy

Many very early m/c's in my life & 1 fullterm stillborn loss 11/22/13
Anything or anyone that is not adding to your life in some way, is taking away & doesn't need to be there!
DH, 4 DD's & 1 , our's, 's, goats, chickens, & rabbits
#190 of 210 Old 02-26-2013, 10:38 AM

AFM - I went to the doc yesterday for a confirmation.  Turns out that I can't even get into a paternity doc until I had this "proof of pregnancy".  This was never the case in the past & seems to be something new in my area.  So, I have my "proof of pregnancy" now!!  The dollar store tests I've taken over the past week are getting darker every time, so I'm very hopeful that things are moving in the right direction for now.  I have to call the doc back & schedule an appt for 7-9 weeks (I am considered 5 weeks 3 days by that little circle calculator at the docs). Of course that is based off the average woman's cycle.  I'm pretty sure I didn't O til Feb. 6th-8th & my 1st faint positive was on Feb. 16th.  But I'm sure they'll figure that out once I have my ultrasound at 7-9 weeks.  My due date is Oct. 26th for now.  I'm gonna guess somewhere between Oct. 30th - Nov. 2nd when ultrasound is done.moon.gif

I wanted to talk a little about my symptoms prior to + test for anyone who might be reading that isn't a part of the thread.  I didn't want to post them until I got my Confirmed BFP.  It started out w/vivid dreams 2 days after O.  I never have those unless I'm pg. My potty breaks became more frequent at that time also.  I noticed my nose seemed to be swollen as that is always a very early symptom for me & by the time I deliver, it looks 3 times bigger.. lol.  I also noticed the Monday after I O'd, that I started waking up feeling very hungry which is also typical for me only when pg.  And from the getgo, felt this wgt in my lower abdomen, while it was minimal, it was def there.  I also noticed that my boobs seemed to be a hairline heavier than they are normally & when squeezed, I was able to get both clear & white (looks just like breast milk).  And noticed I was yawning throughout the day which is not normal for me.  All of that was prior to + test.  Now, all of that is happening still plus my boobs have pain going through them here & there, but not constant.  Heartburn started today.  It's funny how quickly our bodies show symptoms as quickly as that sperm enters the egg.  I wrote all of this to say, trust your instinct & trust your symptoms.  Just because AF comes, doesn't mean that you didn't conceive, it just means that somewhere between conceiving & implanting, something didn't work out & therefore af arrives.  I hope all of you get your BFP's very soon & I will pop in from time to time to see how everyone isgrouphug.gif.

Where do I go from here?  I'll look around & see, but can anyone save me time?  Much thanks in advance!

14 weeks pg w/ baby!
Peace Love Joy

Anything or anyone that is not adding to your life in some way, is taking away & doesn't need to be there!
#191 of 210 Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Your post on trusting your instincts made the tears swell Patience happytears.gif . Don't make me cry lady! lol

You can go to the Expecting Our Rainbow Babies thread. Great group of ladies there. Are you going to join a DDC as well?

I will add you to graduates thumb.gif . Congratulations again! joy.gif

Lots going on today so will BBL for a check-in. Hope you're all having a beautiful day!

#192 of 210 Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 AM

Oh btw, those internet tests I bought (http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/pregnancytests.html?gclid=CKvW5ejU1LUCFYqf4AodjQQAZg) def don't work as well as they say there supposed to.  At least not for me.  All of the 20mIU tests were so v v faint & didn't show up til well after the 10min window.  I'm just now getting a visible line (in 10 window) that doesn't make me doubt & the dollar general store tests are med pink now.  I had bought 20 (20 mIU ones) & 5 (10 mIU ones).  The ONES that showed POSITIVE 5 & then 3 days prior to af due were the 10 mIU ONES!!  None of the 20 mIU turned + in the 10 min time frame (did show +after it dried) til yesterday, 6 days after af due.  So, if you decide to buy those tests (great for POAS addicts. lol), then buy the 10mIU ones instead.  I found it to be the opposite than what the reviews were on their website.  If you type in google "early-pregnancy-tests.com coupon codes", you can get 10% off code of the pregnancy tests in your cart.  I love coupon codes!!!  And you can actually type in any website with coupon codes at the end to get codes for any site you buy any product.  Some sites don't have codes, but most do.  I know the dollar general test would of come up positive if I had taken it prior to af being due, but didn't take til day of af due.  Hope that helps some of you while you are going crazy testing.

14 weeks pg w/ baby!
Peace Love Joy

#193 of 210 Old 02-26-2013, 11:40 AM

Aww Mama, let the tears come.  Their healing for the soul. hug.gif  Those tears are the only thing that has gotten me through my feeling like "I'm not adequate" stages & moving forward to ttc again.  Much peace & baby dust to you hun.  I'm speaking it into your life out loud right now & may my words be heard.  Big hugs!

What is the DDC thread?  I've never visited there before.  I will check into the expecting our rainbow babies here shortly as I'm multi-tasking between the pc, other to do's & my 3 & 5 yr old.dizzy.gif 

14 weeks pg w/ baby!
Peace Love Joy

#194 of 210 Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 AM

DS was sick on Friday and now DH and I are both sick with a really bad cold (DS is back to normal). Between the illness, AF, and a houseguest we had over the weekend (whom DH also refers to jokingly as Aunt Flo because her name is Flora), I have not been able to get another urine sample to the lab. I keep debating the best time to do it. Originally I wanted to do it ASAP so that I could get the results and treat, if necessary, before TTC. Now that my symptoms seem to be fading (as well as confounded by other illness), I am considering waiting a few weeks and then testing to make sure it is out of my system. If the infection wasn't bad enough to show up on my last sample (which was, admittedly, diluted because I drank a lot of water while waiting to give the sample), then maybe the cranberry is enough to get rid of it, but I will check in a few weeks. I have also added raw garlic cloves to my diet in an attempt to fight this cold. Having said all that...

hippy mum: I hadn't thought of the d&c, but now that you mention it, I did have burning when I peed for a few days afterwards, which I eventually realized was due to catheterization. So I suppose there could be other effects from that. Also, as you can see, I am otherwise sick now. But as for you, it sounds like you are in your fertile phase (regardless of what FF thinks) an I'm glad to hear you had the chance to BD. I hope you get another chance, but even if you don't, the month has not gone to waste. Two of my 3 pregnancies (including DS) were conceived under similar circumstances.

mamacatsbaby: hippy mum did give me some other things to consider, but it was the ammonia smell that really sold me on the UTI. I hope it's not a sign of something more serious. I'll see if the smell is still there after AF is gone. And yay, it looks like FF finally corrected your O date!

MommatoGray: I agree you O'd on either cd19 or 20. It's hard to know for sure without the temps, but based on OPK, I would guess cd20. Your timing looks good. Amazing, really. (I'm having a hard time imagining getting that many opportunities to BD.) What is the Mon row in your chart? 

Patience: It makes sense that the tests to detect lower levels would be more responsive early in pregnancy. I don't even know what the sensitivity is of the tests I bought off ebay, but I think 20 is pretty standard. It's hard to find the 10 mIU ones, but it's good to know where to get them now. I wonder if they ship to Canada. DDC refers to due date club, if that's what you were asking. It would probably be a general thread for pregnancy outside the pregnancy loss section. ETA: I found it!

#195 of 210 Old 02-27-2013, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies! Finally, can take a seat. I'm beat! hang.gif

hippy mum: I can definitely see why you would leave the maternity clothes right where they were. I usually steer clear of the maternity section in stores but these were mixed in with the non-preggo clothes just to mess with me I guess disappointed.gif . Isn't the thrift store the best! You can find so many great deals there for things that barely look worn at all. Love it! On diet, we follow a lot of WAP type stuff but not all. For one we pretty much stay on the grain-free side. We do have some rice here and there or a gluten treat sometimes but these things aren't our usual. DS1 has quite a few food allergies including a big time dairy allergy and the rest of us are dairy intolerant. DH, DS2 and I sometimes have some cheese, yogurt, or ice cream though and we don't react really to butter. We also eat tons of ghee (not DS1 though b/c he doesn't like it, boooo!). I can eat dairy, crave and need it in fact, during pregnancy though and I don't breakout, get sick to my stomach, or anything else. I've been eating more dairy than I usually would again since I'm tolerating it so well right now. I suspect that's a lingering effect from the pregnancy I m/c'd. Eggs also don't always agree with me. It's weird, I can eat a whole container of my homemade mayo w/o issue but scrambled or fried eggs make me gassy, bloated, and nauseous headscratch.gif . I tell you what, these yahoos really effed up our food supply though! That, as well as other factors including environment, really has us fighting just to break even health-wise irked.gif . So yeah, I'd probably back off on the dairy if I was still getting the bad acne, raw or no, and keep working on my gut. We eat insane amounts of fat here and I know that this has been so healing for my DS1 and me as well. He has a looooong way to go but he's getting better happytears.gif . Glad you got a chance to BD! Oh, and what else would you like to do besides the vet field? I hope you're feeling better today hug.gif .

Patience: You're right, we don't want to know, don't want to even think about m/c before it happens to us. Even though we're in these DDC's or whatever and see women m/c'ing all around us we just kind of "Lalalalalalalalala!" it as the chances of it happening to us go. Why? I guess the thought of losing babies and pregnancies are absolutely terrifying to us and we don't want to dwell on it? I also think that we feel so strongly at least in part b/c nobody talks about it with any sense of normalcy. It's glossed over everywhere except for with other women who have experienced the same or similar. It would have been so very beneficial to really learn about our fertility when we were younger but nope, fear is supposed to be the almighty motivator instead I guess shrug.gif . It just never dawned on my that I would ever lose a pregnancy, at least not one that I knew about. Why, I have no idea. Doesn't even make sense to me thinking back on the kind of headspace I used to be in. Now I look at these DDC's and see people talking names, putting up belly shots at 5 weeks, telling their older children right away, etc. and I just cringe. There's no way I would ever tell our children right away again. And names? Ppffftt, how about we make sure this one's going to stick around with us first? People will do what they're comfortable with of course and I don't wish this "understanding" on any other woman, at all, but for me, uh-uh, gotta play any future pregnancy close to the hip. That's the only way I can see keeping even some of my sanity. Also, I do know what you mean about the signs your body is giving you going all haywire. My hormones have been acting like they've been doing hard drugs or excessive shots of booze lol.gif . Catching that baby dust you're blowing my way darlin' fingersx.gif . Hope it's got some magic for me love.gif .

Aw man, that just sucks NSmom! I absolutely hate being sick and am a huge baby when it happens bag.gif . Hope you're feeling better soon, you as well as your DH. I hadn't considered the d/c either. And yeah, FF agrees with me, yay! lol I bet I'd get solid CH's if I'd put in my CP was SHOW on CD14 but I checked a couple of times and nope shrug.gif . Maybe it happened later on in the night, who knows? Ah well! And the "Mon" is for fertility monitor on FF.

Hope everything is going well on your end deborah. Been thinking about you guys!

Me, as I mentioned up post I am ridiculously tired. I don't want to go to bed though b/c this has been far too long a day, whew! Hope I can get in some pages of my book w/o passing out on it lol.gif . It's really good and exactly what I'm in the mood for orngbiggrin.gif . Have a lovely evening everyone!

#196 of 210 Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 PM

Nsmom-oh man, sorry you guys have colds now :(  I was thinking of you just the other day, there was an article on cranberry and utis that I was reading in an herbal magazine.  They were talking about doses and what was more efficient in various studies, as well as for a preventative.  You're not having any lower back pain or anything like a kidney infection?  

Patience & Mammacat-yeah, knowing too early sometimes I think is just too stressful.  I really wish I had learned what I know from tcoyf as a teen though, and wish it were part of health curriculum.  Instead of the, "Most women have a 28 day cycle and you ovulate in the middle, blah blah blah.' lol.  I spent years thinking we had a fertility problem, (well, considering I have pcos we do), but I didn't know that, I just thought I had irregular cycles because they weren't the "standard" 28-30 days.  

Re-the telling early.  There was an article in mothering a few years ago about when to tell and it talked about families with a loss vs those who have not.  It was saying that we could benefit from telling our family and close friends, because the support is there, instead of having to tell if something happened.  I've seen people post bfps on super public boards the day they take the test (these are women who haven't had a loss) and couldn't imagine doing that.  Posting here, yes, but not so public for everyone.  Probably would only tell a few select family and friends at first.  It's a tough scenario for anyone I suppose.  We hadn't told everyone last time and it was hard telling family who didn't know yet.  Some of the responses were so left field that it amazed me the things people say to a grieving person.  

Mammacat-do you make your ghee?  I haven't looked at the process yet.  I'm looking into making my own kefir-non dairy.  I found one that I enjoy, but it's $4 a small bottle!  The only dairy here would be the raw yogurt, cheese and butter.  Maybe the pizza crust we buy, not sure.  I'd like to try raw goat cheese, someone was telling me it was different than cow cheese, it didn't have the ingredient that causes intolerance?  So you'll prob get solid cross hairs tomorrow?

Afm-had a slight increase today for temp and a lot of ferns.  I went back and looked at the past two days and say partial ferns, maybe the slide wasn't dry.  I'm going to guess ff gives me cross hairs tomorrow if my temp stays up, or by Fri.  My cf has been drying up all day, started as a tiny bit ew, turned creamy and now is sticky, almost dry.  If I had to guess I ovulated today or last night or in the process.  My acne cleared up too, except for two spots, which is normal for when I ovulate and get af, so if I add it all up, it looks like we might have a chance.  Fingers crossed.  I already want to get my hopes up, it's so hard not to.  But we had the same timing back in Dec with no luck, so...

Oh, job.  I might just go back to being a sahm again if I can.  I could do some pet sitting part time and freelance writing I suppose.   If we get pregnant I'm not sure I'd want to stay in the field anyhow, it's stressing me out and we deal with so many stray cats and mangy animals, that I don't want to be exposed to. Honestly, I feel like I'd just want to crawl into a bubble, and we probably all feel similar I suppose. I think I'd have to find some prenatal yoga classes or safe herbs just to relax.   Not working this week has left me so much calmer and able to deal with some other things going on, better than I was before.  I really needed a break.

#197 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

hippy mum: Yeah, health class was definitely not so helpful. We were having a discussion about this on a different thread on the TTC board. It's really a shame that all that "schooling" didn't teach us a damn thing. On announcing early, I've heard various women say they tell early/want to tell early so that they have the support of family and friends if something goes wrong and in theory I totally get that. If one knows that support will be there, go for it if you're comfortable for sure. In my case, with my DS1 and DS2, I announced almost as soon as the HPT dried more or less lol.gif as I didn't really have m/c on my radar at all. Both were healthy, easy pregnancies and births. So I expected the same for my third and once again announced early. Most of my family and friends haven't said one word to me about my loss after the initial m/c. My sister has m/c'd and had a PT baby who didn't survive and we don't even talk about it really. Another friend of mine who also had a m/c before the conception of her DD, we haven't really talked too much about it anymore either. She and my sister were the ones that were there for me while I was in the thick of things but we no longer talk about it really. I'm the only one that wants to remember my baby that didn't get earthside that time I think. But yeah, I got some "I'm sorry" text messages from a couple of folks and no anything from everyone else shrug.gif . I know they weren't trying to be mean or anything and I'm not mad at them. They just don't get it and don't really seem to want to so... So, yeeeeah, for me, I'm not telling anybody for a good long while when I finally do get pg nono02.gif (save for my sister and my one friend and you guys of course).

And yay for all things looking a go! I'm so hoping this is your cycle! fingersx.gif . Ghee - I do make my own! It's super easy. I get a lb of KerryGold butter (I've tried at least one other grassfed butter that just wasn't as delicious and the color wasn't the deep orange of my KG ghee), put it in my heavy stainless steel sauce pot turned on low and let it ride. You'll end up with three layers: the foamy top, the good stuff you want in the middle, and the milk proteins at the bottom. I scrape away the foamy just b/c it makes it easier for me to strain. People often use the terms "ghee" and "clarified butter" interchangeably and oh my, they are just NOT the same animal, at all lol.gif . Ghee you're going to want to leave going until it starts to smell like toffee/until the milk solids start turning lightish brown. But you have to work fast when you get to that point or your ghee will burn and that's gross grossedout.gif . Try it! You'll get super addicted super fast drool.gif . I've got a good ghee tutorial bookmarked somewhere that I can't seem to find but I'll post it if I run across it. Hit up google and you'll get the jist fairly quickly. Let me know how it turns out when you try it!

Oh! On non-dairy kefir, I made water kefir until I let my grains die duh.gif . I went on hiatus with the ferments b/c I found out DS1 has histamine issues so I just took a break. I'll have to get more grains for the rest of us soon though. When I was looking for water kefir grains it was really funny how nobody knew WTH I was talking about ROTFLMAO.gif . They kept trying to get me to buy milk grains and I had to patiently tell them over and over that no, my milk allergic kid will swell up like a balloon with hives, and redness, and such eyesroll.gif .

Hmmm, maybe goat's milk would work for you. Any kind of animal milk doesn't work for my DS1 b/c the protein he reacts to is similar in cow, sheep, and goat milk. I don't think that's the case for everyone though. I would love it if he could have raw milk. We've got a lot of sources that we can get it from but alas, no go for him greensad.gif . CH's - No, I don't thing they'll go solid tomorrow. I was just saying if I had recorded my cervix as SHOW on CD14 FF would probably give me solids. I would reeeeally love to do some PN yoga classes. Oh man would that help on the relaxation front! I'm glad you got to take some time off and you're less stressed out. I love being a SAHM, even though my children plot daily to drive me permanently into crazytown lol.gif .

#198 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 12:38 PM

Hi everyone!! Hopefully I can come back on later today to write you all back - you are all so appreciated and encouraging! joy.gif

But I wanted to share my chart, what is going on now!? Ahhh I am so not charting next month, I am going to take a break and not do a darn thing. All this is too stressful for me!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2dab9a

#199 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

wave.gif Hey MommatoGray! Aw, chart stress is no good. Looks to me like you've had a post O dip. It happens sometimes for some, most of the time for others. Some people like to label it an "implantation dip" but it happens just as often on non-preggo charts as on pg ones. There are times where estrogen just likes to come and show her face at progesterone's show wink1.gif . Nice temp spike today though!

#200 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 03:37 PM

I'm doing good here. I'm sure when my due date comes and my friend has her baby it'll be hard, but I'm trying to stay positive. I don't temp. Because my lo nurses all night. I've been checking cm and for any other signs of O. We'll see. I've never been still nursing when I've miscarried so I don't know how long it'll take for my fertility to return.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#201 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 PM

mamacatsbaby & hippy mum: I actually laughed out loud when my grade 12 biology teacher said, "As you know by now, all women have a 28-day cycle, with ovulation on day 14." I'm quite certain he was being facetious, but I seemed to be the only one in my class to get the joke. DH was in a different class with the same teacher and he was the only one in his class to laugh at that line as well. (Yes, we have been together since grade 12.) My cycles averaged 40 days in high school. I would have loved to know more about fertility back then because I never knew when to expect my period.

As for telling people about pregnancy, I have been on all sides of this issue. With my first pregnancy, I could not wait to tell people, even though DH was trying to encourage me to do so. Miscarriage was not on my radar and when the doctor mentioned the risk during my pregnancy confirmation appointment, I said, "That's not going to happen to me. No one in my family has ever miscarried." (This is still true, to my knowledge; my SIL has miscarried though.) Anyway, DH and I compromised by making the decision to tell at Christmas, when I would have been 6.5 weeks pregnant. Of course I lost the pregnancy on Dec 20th (confirmed on the 24th after u/s on the 23rd), so I didn't tell until after the miscarriage. I told my mother (who told my father and my aunt) and one of my brothers so they would understand why I was acting less than excited while visiting family for Christmas. When I got back to work in January and my boss asked how my Christmas was, I broke down crying and told her I had a miscarriage. I told 2 other coworkers, both of whom were TTC at the same time as me. So even after that, I thought, "What's the big deal about telling people about pregnancy ahead of time? If something goes wrong, I'm going to tell them anyway." With my second pregnancy, I think I told my close family once i passed the 6 week mark and I told everyone else after I saw DS on u/s at 11 weeks because that's when I believed it for myself. My 3rd pregnancy was due in August again, like the first, so it seemed like the ideal chance to do what I planned with the first pregnancy: we told our families at Christmas, when I was 8 weeks pregnant (2 weeks past my m/c mark--I figured I would know by then if something was wrong). Everyone was excited, and the news spread more quickly than I imagined. I kept getting congratulatory e-mails and facebook messages from extended family. So when I realized I was losing the pregnancy at 11 weeks, I felt like I was letting all those people down. Not only did I have to track each of them down to tell them I was no longer pregnant (actually, I sent a mass message--classy) but I had to worry about what they were thinking of me. I realized that I probably would not have told many of these people about my miscarriage if they hadn't already known about my pregnancy. They were, surprisingly, very supportive, overall. However, having lived through both experiences, I do not think I will tell anyone about my next pregnancy until I am about 14 weeks along (and hopefully have had an u/s).

MommatoGray: I wouldn't worry too much about your chart. It looks like your temperatures might have gone triphasal, which is a normal variation, but it could just be a fluke temperature too. It is *possible* that you O'd yesterday instead of last Thursday, but given your other signs and your previous coverline, I don't think that is the case. However, even if that was the case, pregnancy is still possible this cycle, so try not to stress about it! Just wait and see what clarity tomorrow's temperature brings.

#202 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 05:51 PM

Mammacat-If you find the link can you pm me it? For the ghee I mean?  There are a few gf recipes where they use ghee and I really want to try it.  Did you get a solid today?  I didn't get them today.  Ff still says I'm fertile, lol.

#203 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM

mammatogray-holy temp spike batman!  You have some good coverage there :)  Maybe you'll get a bfp and not have to temp next month.

#204 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 06:01 PM

I've also told everyone that I was pg just to turn around and tell them about the miscarriage. This time though no one knew I was pg so I only told a select few about the miscarriage. I prefer the not telling about the pg until after 13 weeks and I can hear the heartbeat on Doppler.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#205 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

100%mom: Yeah, the night nursing starts getting to me after a while; around 2 or so I have to nightwean b/c it drives me bonkers by then nut.gif . Hoping it doesn't take too long for your fertility to come around.

Aww, that's so sweet that you and your DH were HS sweethearts NSmom! love.gif I'm so glad you were able to find the support you needed from your loved ones. It's really wonderful to have that.

hippy mum: I'll look for it and send it to you! I really need to organize my bookmarks better shake.gif . And nope, no solids. I'm fascinated by the differences b/w these last two cycles though!

Will get the March thread up tomorrow!

#206 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 PM

Nsmom-we were sort of the same way.  With ds1 and 2, the thought was never even in our heads.  We told our parents right off with ds1, but for both we actually waited until around 3 months to tell everyone. The second time we were home for Christmas too :) and told everyone then.    There were actually a few family members who were less than thrilled we were pregnant again :(  

With the mc, we told people earlier, more around 2 months, so the news spread.  I didn't even tell the family who weren't happy about ds2, I made dh do it, it was his family.  But our close friends knew too.  Now, I feel like we'd probably tell our immediate family-certain ones, and my very close friends, and no one else until we are well into the second tri.  I feel like I can't even rely on an ultrasound or heartbeat.  Everyone says by time you hear the heart the percent drops and when you see the baby the percent is even lower.  Our circumstances were a bit different, but we saw two ultrasounds, heard heartbeat etc and still. Maybe we'll wait till the baby is born to tell them, lol.  I'm not sure how comforted I'd be by an ultrasound now, and I don't like them anyhow.  I'm wondering if my mw would do beta tests every few weeks, not sure how helpful those are.  At least we'd know the number is going up.  I think if a doppler is ok, I would rent one for peace of mind.  

I feel like we are all sisters here, so sharing here is very much support.  No one else understands.  

Ff has me two open circles and says possible o from d19-22, so the past few days, giving us a good chance.  But ff also says I'm still fertile, even though my cp has dropped and firmed up and just about no cf.  I just laughed that is says it's "most fertile" right now.  Tcoyf gave me o today with a low chance of pregnancy.  I already started talking myself out of testing at 10dpo, it's crazy.  But with a 10-12 lp, how can I not test?  But then if it comes up bfp and it doesn't stick I'll be depressed.  Why do we do this to ourselves?  I was at walgreens and they had digitals for $14 for a 2 pack!  So I start wondering how accurate they are/what number they pick up etc.  The dollar store tests work for me, but even if it comes up, I'd have to wait at least a week to go to my mw, because my levels are so slow to rise.  She's awesome and if we do get pregnant I look forward to being with her again.  She was really there for me during our loss, I was able to call her whenever.

#207 of 210 Old 02-28-2013, 06:41 PM

Hi all- Been really busy and also having a hard time seeing all the TTC stuff, so I've been staying away quite a bit. Peaches is also having allergic stuff again. On another note, I wanted to let you know that my miscarriage was due to an unbalanced translocation. We don't know all the details yet as the results were unofficial. Ian and I will be testing in the next week or two to see if one or both of us is/are (a) carrier/carriers and go from there.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#208 of 210 Old 03-01-2013, 07:25 AM

Good luck with the testing, deborah

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#209 of 210 Old 03-01-2013, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Hi deborah! wave.gif Glad you stopped in for a bit. Totally understand not wanting to deal with the TTC stuff though. So good to hear that it looks like you're finding answers as to the whys. We'll be looking to see how the testing goes. Give those fur babies some super big hugs from me!

#210 of 210 Old 03-01-2013, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Fresh new thread ladies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page