~*~ Hope, Healing, and Conceiving - February 2013 ~*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 210 Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
~Continued from Hope, Healing, and Conceiving - January 2013~

This thread is for women who wish to conceive after a loss and need support, hope and healing. If you wish to be added to the thread or want to modify your info please make requests in bold. If you have a chart online either at TCOYF or at Fertility Friend and would like it linked with your name in the list, just post the link and add the icon in your post so I don’t miss anyone.

Bring on the babies!!

Waiting to O: 2whistle.gif

Revolting
MommatoGray
BeagleSmuggler
hippy mum chartnew.gif
100%mom

Waiting to know: pos.gif

zonapellucida
lyterae chartnew.gif
mamacatsbaby

Oh Crap! I Don't Know What I'm Doing??!!?!??!?!? dizzy.gif

MegEliz
Shell29

Waiting with Special Circumstances lurk.gif

pattimomma
BetsyPage
malzimus
maszat85
Oregon2010
WildDoula
NSmomtobe

Recent BFPs!rainbow1284.gif

February 2013 - Patience2013

January 2013 - SuzieSmiles, sarahl918

December - deborahbgkelly candle.gif, Thebyr, GraysMama, unuselyriver candle.gif

November - Porcelina, J and J's Mommy

October - beingmommy, SweetMama34, Tenk, Oregon2010angel1.gif, maszat85angel1.gif

September - unuselyriverangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif

August - Shell29 angel1.gif, RaineyDaye, Lisanne, BaileyB, patience2013angel1.gif

July - SilaMarila angel1.gif , writinglove, JelloPanda angel1.gif , Bena, thecoffeebean angel1.gif , patience2013 angel1.gif , BeagleSmuggler angel1.gif

June - writinglove angel1.gif , deportivo4, xerxella angel1.gifangel1.gif , Revolting angel1.gif , BetsyPage angel1.gif , CamoShades, jodieanneanton

May - AmBam angel1.gif , autumngrey, Adaline'sMama

April - stegenrae, Harmony96, beingmommy angel1.gif , thecoffeebean angel1.gif

March - confused.gif

February - MegEliz angel1.gif , Gemmine, Wendlynnn

January - Nelson, Vegan Princess, zubeldia

In our thoughts: hug2.gif

M Anna chartnew.gif

SKJ2011 chartnew.gif

Asling chartnew.gif

RoseRedHoofbeats

foxadillo

Attached2Elijah chartnew.gif

KodyAnn chartnew.gif

MountainMamaGC chartnew.gif

TeamViddy chartnew.gif

JelloPanda chartnew.gif

crunchy mom qi

KirstenO chartnew.gif

SilaMarila chartnew.gif

mamabutterfly chartnew.gif

emski4379 chartnew.gif

*In an effort to keep our header as up-to-date as possible, the threadkeeper reserves the right to move you to "In our thoughts" from "Waiting to O" and "Waiting to know" if you have not posted in this thread or in the previous thread. The threadkeeper may remove your name from the list if you have not posted to the thread within the previous three months. You are always welcome to rejoin the thread at any time.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#2 of 210 Old 02-01-2013, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning ladies! blowkiss.gif Let me know if I missed anything or need to update any info smile.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#3 of 210 Old 02-01-2013, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Deborah: I've been thinking about you since you told us the baby's heart had stopped beating. I wish there was something I could do, anything at all. Words on a screen seem so inadequate but I'm sending so much love and healing for you and your family...

zonapellucida: How are things with you? Have you gotten an answer yet? lurk.gif

#4 of 210 Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Deborah,  I'm so very sorry :(  We are all here for you. 

mammacatsbaby-oh, yes avc.  I just started adding that to my salads.  I get the raw spectrum organic one.  It's pretty good.  My cd15 is most likely ewcf, but we bd the night before, so..What is it supposed to do for you-the avc? I know it's good for you, but how does it help fertility?

Today I realized I have been ferning wrong.  I've been putting covers on the slides and yesterday read that I shouldn't be.  So today, along with my cervix being high and soft, ta dah-partial ferning.  Both my charts have me o'ing on either Mon or Tues, so I don't know if this is continued partial ferning after o, or I'm going to o in the next few days.  My hormones are crazy though, as dh would say, "Get your ovaries under control, lol".  That, or by some very slim chance we are pregnant and ferns are showing up already.  I'm wondering if the vitex is already balancing out some hormones and my temps have just gone higher, I don't know.  But, my acne has all cleared up starting yesterday and that usually happens around ovulation/once it happened.  I'll just have to see what ferns appear in the next few days and temps too.  I can't rely on opks, I get too many positives from the pcos.  

#5 of 210 Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 AM

thanks for the new thread, mamacatsbaby! :) I guess you can go ahead and graduate me to Jan BFP... I am nervous even saying so, but I guess I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, so it's time. 

TGIF, everyone!

Married my best friend 05.09.10, welcomed our darling daughter on 10.01.13!

08.12,  12.12, MTHFR Homo C677T diagnosis 01.13, DD born 10.13

#6 of 210 Old 02-01-2013, 01:06 PM

Mamacat's baby would you put a candle by my BFP please?

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#7 of 210 Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Of course deborah hug2.gif . I'm going to ask unusely if she would like one as well.

Alrighty sarahl, done and done thumb.gif .Yeah, I hear you on the nervous. I'm going to rock the nervous wreck look like it's going out of style once I know I'm pg again.

hippy mum, Suzie was saying that the ACV has been reported to be a m/s reliever and that if you google around you should be able to fine some ladies who have experience with it as such. Yeah, I saw that you had EWCF I was just wondering if you had checked your cervical position and such that day since it wasn't marked. Just stalking your chart lol.gif . Did I say CD 15? I'm looking at your chart again and I had to have meant CD 17? confused.gif It was one of those; I just noticed that day that your CP hadn't been recorded for the day and I was wondering about FF giving you CH and TCOYF not. In any case, do they agree now?

I'm one sleepy lady but there's no way on earth I'm going to bed at not even 9:00 orngtongue.gif .

#8 of 210 Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 PM

Thanks Mamacat's baby. We don't plan on TTC again, but I want to follow everyone and in a few months I hope to share my paper pregnancy with everyone.

mamacatsbaby likes this.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#9 of 210 Old 02-02-2013, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

We will definitely be here to support you and cheer you on Deborah!
deborahbgkelly likes this.

#10 of 210 Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 AM

We experienced our first miscarriage in December (@ 11 weeks we found out we had a blighted ovum) and are moving into NTNP  now. I think we missed this cycle ,my chart has been difficult to read this month. I would love to join if you don't mind.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#11 of 210 Old 02-02-2013, 09:08 AM

Welcome lyterae sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully we can help you along the way!

Thank you for starting the new thread mamacatsbaby!

hippymum I am taking 1/2tsp of vitex in tincture form. My NP said it was the purest form to take it in?? What type of tea are you drinking? I got some fertili tea that I will be starting this cycle. Have you tried B6 yet?

AFM I am out once again, AF reared her ugly head this morning, I knew she was coming cause I had a huge temp drop yesterday. On a positive note I think I would say this is CD1. So that means my cycle was 31 days and my LP was 12! Last month my LP was only 7, so that has defiantly improved smile.gif
deborahbgkelly likes this.
#12 of 210 Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 AM

Thank you MamaCat's baby. Lyterae- I'm very sorry for your loss. Hope you find healing here. Mommatogray- That is wonderful that your LP is improving! AFM- It is hard grieving this baby and also grieving the reality that a biological child is most likely not in the cards for us. I still haven't passed this baby and will likely schedule a D&C on Monday.

#13 of 210 Old 02-02-2013, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome lyterae. I'm so sorry for your loss and that you have to be here. I hope your stay is a short one! But we're here to keep you company in the meantime wink1.gif . Would you like me to put you in "Waiting to O"?

Boooo, sorry AF came calling once again MommatoGray but that's fantastic news about your LP! biggrinbounce.gif So excited for you this cycle.

Whew, what a morning! dizzy.gif I'm pooped and I feel like I've been running around in circles lol.gif .

#14 of 210 Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Deborah, I can only imagine the pain you must be in and that's nowhere near any place of true understanding. My heart goes out to you. If you do have the D&C I hope that having the physical aspect of losing the baby over with will help with your journey to emotional healing.

#15 of 210 Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 PM

Thanks mamacat's baby. I'm kind of glad we waited though b/c it gave us time to grieve for this baby together before the surgery.

#16 of 210 Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

oh deborah i just saw that you have endometriosis i was told that i had that when i was 19 my mom was big on herbs back then and had me start take blue cohosh and black cohosh and by the time i was 20 i got told that i did not have it anymore my cycles became normal and everything i got pregnant with my first daughter that year even tho i lost her at 22 weeks i still got pregnant on my own you mite want to try them just thought i would tell you about them and i am so sorry if i have said anything that mite upset you i was just think about how the two herbs had help me out alot at make my cycles better oh and those two herbs will also help with move the mc a long too 

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#17 of 210 Old 02-02-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post

Welcome lyterae. I'm so sorry for your loss and that you have to be here. I hope your stay is a short one! But we're here to keep you company in the meantime wink1.gif . Would you like me to put you in "Waiting to O"?

Yes please that would be great! Thank you all for the welcome. If you think to charts here is mine.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#18 of 210 Old 02-02-2013, 07:49 PM

It doesn't upset me. I think my Endometriosis may have had to do with this loss, but I don't know. I really don't have interest in putting myself through another pregnancy right now. We are going to start the adoption process over the summer.

#19 of 210 Old 02-03-2013, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Ok lyterae, you're all set!

#20 of 210 Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 AM

Stalking and supporting everyone silently privateeyes.gif

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#21 of 210 Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 AM

oh deborah i think that is great that you guys are going to adopt cause there is so many kids out there that need a mom like you i foster a little boy back when i lost my first born which i would have love to have adopt that little boy to be honest i have never spoke of him on the treads cause it makes me want to cry alot he passed at the young age 13 month do to a birth defect so it was very hard to have had to let him go he came in to my home when he was only 7 days old cause his mom could not take care of him and she asked me if i could she was only 15 when she had him she was not ready to be a mom and i was and was not going to let him walk away from my hands cause i feel in love with him the day i lay my eyes on him so she and i did some papper work work so i could keep him till she was ready to take care of him she knew just like i knew that he would not be on this world for long but i can tell you one thing he was love every min he was on this world i guess what i am try to say is in joy the child your about to adopt and dont just look for a perfect child because they all need a mom like you and think you are a good mom to take the road you are about to take to make your family happen

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#22 of 210 Old 02-03-2013, 10:50 AM

Thanks Unusely, I think we are going to start with an agency that matches us with birth mothers. For our second, I think we'd be open to an older child. Since we haven't parented a living child yet, I think we need to get that experience. I am on the rainbowkids website though and that one specializes in placing special needs and older children. Some of the special needs are very mild, so I'd definitely be open to that. I'd be open to a kiddo with down's as well, but I would worry about the heart defect possibility.

#23 of 210 Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 PM

well i wish you the best of luck with your new path on make a family 

#24 of 210 Old 02-03-2013, 01:19 PM

Just popping in quickly to say hello to everyone! hola.gif

Thanks for the new thread mamacatsbaby. Hope you're doing well in your TWW:)lurk.gif

Welcome lyterae so sorry for your loss. This is a great group of ladies, I'm sure you will find support and be embraced here:) grouphug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly View Post

Thanks mamacat's baby. I'm kind of glad we waited though b/c it gave us time to grieve for this baby together before the surgery.

Hi Deborah - I completely know what you mean. I was diagnosed with a 'missed miscarriage' and waited quite some time to pass naturally, ended up having to have d&a due to infection because I didn't pass everything myself but it really did allow us time to grieve, etc... I hope that you heal quickly if you decide to go ahead with the surgery tomorrow and wish you all the best with adopting. hug.gif

AFM - my first u/s is this Thursday (I'll be a little over 8 wks) and it seems like it's taking forever to get here! whistling.gif

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
#25 of 210 Old 02-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Mammacatsbaby-can you put me in waiting to know?  I may as well go with both ff & tcoyf on a Mon or Tues O.  My temps are just too high. 

Deborah-I hope the surgery helps you heal a little better.  I'm glad you were able to grieve together, it's so important.

Welcome Lyterae :)

Mommatogray- I'm drinking tea form so far.  I had been taking a woman's blend that had vitex, dong qui & rrl in it, along with red clover and red rasp leaf in cap form over the summer.  I don't think they made much of a difference, my lp was actually longer before I started taking them.  I know now that tincture or tea is a lot more effective.  I'm going to go with tincture soon as my tea is gone.  Did your np give to you or did you order?  I can make it, but it takes 6 weeks!  I hope to be expecting by then :)  Oh, yes, I'm taking b complex, folic acid and zinc.  I was going to order some rrl to add to my tea, but I didn't get around to it yet.  

Afm-going with the O that ff & tcoyf have me-so either Mon or Tues.  That puts me at 5 or 6dpo, and last month my lp was only 11 days.  Realizing I have that short lp has sort of freaked me out.   I haven't had a 13/14 dlp since July!  They've all been between 10-12 days :(   Ferning has been fun, and I bet the odd ferns I saw under my slide covers were actual ferns for ovulation too.  I'm going to keep going even though I o'd, just to see what my pattern is for the second half of my cycle at least.  And then pick up again after my period.  Though hopefully I don't get it.  Tcoyf says low chance, but last month said high chance, lol.  I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.  I had some reiki done a few days before I o'd, and she said she felt a lot of stuff going on in that area.  I took that as either she helped push ovulation along, or helped heal some of the mc wounds and cleared the path so we could get pregnant again.  Who knows.   Time has healed so much, but I feel like I'm still supposed to have another biological child or two.  

#26 of 210 Old 02-03-2013, 08:46 PM

Thank you Unusely and Suzie. I'm starting to get excited at the idea of adopting and recognizing all the benefits to growing our family that way.

#27 of 210 Old 02-04-2013, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly View Post

Thank you Unusely and Suzie. I'm starting to get excited at the idea of adopting and recognizing all the benefits to growing our family that way.

I think adoption is a wonderful thing, I hope the process goes smoothly Deborah!

hippymom : Are you taking any supplements to try to lenthen your LP?

AFM: I have crosshairs, I'm not positive which day I ovulated though. I am 4-5 days post ovulation. We only recently stopped preventing again so I'm not sure if we're even in the running this cycle.

#28 of 210 Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 AM

Thanks Lyterae. The loss hit me really hard this morning and I haven't slept. I woke up at 2 unable to go back to sleep. I also have all sorts of fears about the procedure and my emotional well-being  with another loss so close to the loss of my sons. Thank goodness I talked to my mom (a social worker) who reminded me that this is normal and appropriate (and said she'd been waiting for it). It's also all wrapped up with a horrid situation in my life that has nothing to do with the loss but I found out how bad things were on the same day as we lost this babe.Hubby heard me crying and tried to come console me, but his back was killing him and he had to lie down (I suspect it's connected to his grief).

#29 of 210 Old 02-04-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly View Post

Thanks Lyterae. The loss hit me really hard this morning and I haven't slept. I woke up at 2 unable to go back to sleep. I also have all sorts of fears about the procedure and my emotional well-being  with another loss so close to the loss of my sons. Thank goodness I talked to my mom (a social worker) who reminded me that this is normal and appropriate (and said she'd been waiting for it). It's also all wrapped up with a horrid situation in my life that has nothing to do with the loss but I found out how bad things were on the same day as we lost this babe.Hubby heard me crying and tried to come console me, but his back was killing him and he had to lie down (I suspect it's connected to his grief).

I'm glad you have your mom to talk to, I'm sorry there are other situations on top of what you are already dealing with :( It seems unfair for things to encompass all areas of your life and at the same time it seems like the loss should be affecting everything and everyone around you.

#30 of 210 Old 02-04-2013, 07:13 AM

The problem person is not someone I am speaking to and does not know about this. Doc wasn't in yet this morning so I couldn't schedule the procedure. He should be in around 9 and hopefully we can get this over with.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page