~Hope, Healing and Conceiving June 2013~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 107 Old 05-31-2013, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

~Continued from Hope, Healing and Conceiving May 2013 ~

This thread is for women who wish to conceive after a loss and need support, hope and healing. If you wish to be added to the thread or want to modify your info please make requests in bold. If you have a chart online either at TCOYF or at Fertility Friend and would like it linked with your name in the list, just post the link and add the icon in your post so I don’t miss anyone.

Bring on the babies!!

Waiting to O: 2whistle.gif

MommatoGray chartnew.gif

planegreen chartnew.gif

Selissa chartnew.gif

porcelina chartnew.gif

OSTC

MsBe chartnew.gif

NSmomtobe chartnew.gif

Waiting to Know: pos.gif

Oh Crap! I Don't Know What I'm Doing??!!?!??!?!? dizzy.gif

Sleepymama chartnew.gif

Waiting with Special Circumstances lurk.gif

WildDoula
love_r4ks chartnew.gif
BetsyPage

mamacatsbaby chartnew.gif

Recent BFPs! rainbow1284.gif

June - pattimomma chartnew.gif

May - leavesofgrass, JelloPanda chartnew.gif, Serenyd, toothfairy2be, mamacatsbaby candle.gif

April - duck.gif

March - unuselyriver, hippy mum chartnew.gif, 100%mom, lyterae chartnew.gif

February - Patience2013, Revolting, maszat85

January 2013 - SuzieSmiles, sarahl918

December - deborahbgkelly candle.gif, Thebyr, GraysMama, unuselyriver candle.gif

November - Porcelina candle.gif 17 weeks, J and J's Mommy

October - beingmommy, SweetMama34, Tenk, Oregon2010angel1.gif, maszat85angel1.gif

September - unuselyriverangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif

August - Shell29 angel1.gif, RaineyDaye, Lisanne, BaileyB, patience2013angel1.gif

July - SilaMarila angel1.gif , writinglove, JelloPanda angel1.gif , Bena, thecoffeebean angel1.gif , patience2013 angel1.gif , BeagleSmuggler angel1.gif

June - writinglove angel1.gif , deportivo4, xerxella angel1.gifangel1.gif , Revolting angel1.gif , BetsyPage angel1.gif , CamoShades, jodieanneanton

May - AmBam angel1.gif , autumngrey, Adaline'sMama

April - stegenrae, Harmony96, beingmommy angel1.gif , thecoffeebean angel1.gif

March - confused.gif

In Our Thoughts: hug2.gif

ribbonpb.gif porcelina ribbonpb.gif 3/13
ribbonpb.gif BetsyPage ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif deborahbgkelly ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif unuselyriver ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif Oregon2010 ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif maszat85 ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif Shell29 ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif patience2013 ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif SilaMarila ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif JelloPanda ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif thecoffeebean ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif BeagleSmuggler ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif writinglove ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif xerxella ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif Revolting ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif AmBam ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif beingmommy ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif zonapellucida ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif angelbaby84 ribbonpb.gif 5/13
ribbonpb.gif BeagleSmuggler ribbonpb.gif 5/13

*In an effort to keep our header as up-to-date as possible, the threadkeeper reserves the right to move you to "In our thoughts" from "Waiting to O" and "Waiting to know" if you have not posted in this thread or in the previous thread. The threadkeeper may remove your name from the list if you have not posted to the thread within the previous three months. You are always welcome to rejoin the thread at any time.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#2 of 107 Old 05-31-2013, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

MommatoGray - You and I are in the same WTH boat dizzy.gif One day of low temps at a week past O I would say maybe it's an implantation dip. But two days, maybe it relates to the surge in estrogen that occurs approximately a week past O. It could be meds if you take any. My chart clearly shows dips in the morning after taking a GABA or a xanax the night before.

AFM - I started cramping (on my right side) and backache on CD1. It never went away irked.gif and became severe on CD12. After CD12 it's been present but not bad. I have had EWCM since CD7. I do remember reading in TCOYF that some women may have crazy long periods of EWCM after coming off the pill, which could last for months. This is only cycle three after the pill so maybe that's it.headscratch.gif I had tons of it the last two cycles and then lotiony after O (I didn't chart the lotiony after O). I did see my OBGYN today and he said he thought that I had O'ed and that there were three distinct layers of endometrium in my uterus. Well I read that the 3 distinct layers show up right before O and disappear ~48hours after O. http://radiographics.rsna.org/content/21/6/1409.full So hmmmm. My post O temps aren't making a ton of sense yet so I guess I will just have to collect more data of the next few mornings shrug.gif Doc also diagnosed me with Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. The only thing he mentioned to take care of it was surgery but he recommended against surgery at this point (I am not interested in surgery at this point).

So split hairs with me - On CD11 I got a -OPK at 10AM (tested on a whim). On CD12 I got a +OPK at 10PM (tested on a whim again!). DH and I DTD at 2AM on CD13. I was still having severe cramping and backache at 2AM but by 6:50AM the cramping and backache was gone to almost nothing and my temp was up from my standard pre-O 97.5ish. I had three hours of sleep and was surprised but pretty confident that the temp was taken correctly. I was pretty certain that I had O'ed in the wee hours of the morning on CD13. FF is giving me dashes at CD12. I guess I really need to wait and see what my temp and CM does over the next few days but this is really driving me crazy! Sorry for the blahblah.gif but I feel better just getting it all out here!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

#3 of 107 Old 06-01-2013, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread Patti!!

Patti - ya I have done some research on the two day dip, been stalking some charts and some are implantation dips, in fact one turned out to be twins, one on each day. I thought that was interesting, no meds for me. But I also think it could be estrogen, who knows? But I do know my temps are higher and more consistent then ever, so something is sorting out. Glad to hear you do not have a cyst. It is so hard to wait to see what the temps will do!! Ahhhh

Planegteen - sorry she got you!

NSmomtobe - did you test yet? I thought I saw you planned too, crossing my fingers!

Mamacatsbaby - cant wait to follow along!

Jello - how are you doing?
#4 of 107 Old 06-01-2013, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
MommatoGray: The two days of dippage equaling twins eh? How awesome would that be! Ok, I might be the only person excited about the two-time dip and twins possibility lol.gif . Loving that things look to be leveling out for you thumb.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#5 of 107 Old 06-02-2013, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mama - I would be totally pumped for twins!  love.gif

Me - 31, DH - 35, DD#1 redface.gif 11, DD#2 innocent.gif 5    TTC since 9/10    MC angel1.gif 2/11    MC angel1.gif 1/12

* * * * * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * * * 30 * * * 34 * * * * heartbeat.gif 40 EDD 3/10/14

#6 of 107 Old 06-02-2013, 07:07 PM

lol.gif I know right planegreen! I've always wanted a set of twins.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#7 of 107 Old 06-02-2013, 08:05 PM

MommatoGray - still feeling very much in "limbo" - I want to be excited and tell everyone, but I'm still nervous AND we aren't telling our family until our wedding stress is over -- IF I can hide it that long :/

Doula/breastfeeding counselor/car seat tech partners.gif forever in love with my big, strong construction man.

Birthmom since Jul/09 adoptionheart-1.gif

Early losses Jan/10 (7w), Aug/11 (5w), Jul/12 (5w)

joy.gifDD Jan '14

femalesling.GIF novaxnocirc.gif bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif ecbaby2.gif cd.gif 

#8 of 107 Old 06-03-2013, 05:57 AM

Well so far this morning I have had the dreaded temp dip, have heard one pregnancy announcement, and received a new baby picture. Yahoo...

Me - 31, DH - 35, DD#1 redface.gif 11, DD#2 innocent.gif 5    TTC since 9/10    MC angel1.gif 2/11    MC angel1.gif 1/12

* * * * * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * * * 30 * * * 34 * * * * heartbeat.gif 40 EDD 3/10/14

#9 of 107 Old 06-03-2013, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Twins! twins.gifMommatoGray that would be exciting!

hug2.gifJello,  I understand how you feel. I also wanted to add birthmother to birthmother - there is an additional type of stress and grieving that comes from pregnancy after a placement, even full term pregnancy.hug.gif

Mamacatsbaby, I am still joy.gif for your BFP!

The dreaded temp dip angry.gif, it's almost as bad as af.gif herself! planegreen hug2.gifsorry you had to see that along with baby pic and pregnancy announcement! What a way to start the day hammer.gif

AFM - I am either 6DPO or 3DPO, FF vs TCOYF. FF thinks I O'ed on CD12 and TCOYF thinks I O'ed on CD15. I think I O'ed in the wee hours of the morning on CD13 LOL so who knowsshrug.gif! We only got in one BD and that was at 2AM on CD13, DH was and is still sickfever.gif.  We started potty training our youngest this week and so far so good. Only a few accidents and a lot of successes. She even asked to use the potty three times and each time she really did need to go. The accidents happened near bed time when she was getting tired. Except for the accident this morning where she peed on the couch! When I saw it I said, "oh no" and she knew exactly what I was talking about because she closed her eyes and started pretending like she wasn't there LOL

#10 of 107 Old 06-03-2013, 09:45 AM

hug2.gifJello; I know being in limbo is so, so hard. Thinking of you and hoping the nervousness passes soon.

Ugh, I'm sorry about the triple whammy planegreen hug.gif . Get your extra pampering plan together for after you settle in for the evening 'cause yeah, that's no way to start a day.

pattimomma: I feel bad about your couch but I busted out laughing about your DD lol.gif . I'm sorry your DH is still so sick greensad.gif . Is it a nasty cold or something more?

#11 of 107 Old 06-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Hi Patti and everyone!hola.gif

I am popping back in here this month. For those who don't know me, we have two boys and started trying for a third child last summer. We've had some serious blips along the way, and the road forward is still a bit uncertain, but we threw caution into the wind this month and made one attempt. I have been seeing an RE, so I know on Friday morning I had a 20 mm follicle and LH of 83, so a pretty big surge. Still, they can't tell you when  you will O for sure, even with all that data! Late Friday I checked temp (temping twice a day) and it was up, so I thought I had ovulated. I was trying to wait until after O to try (for a girl, the O+12 theory). We bd around 9:30 pm on cd12. I usually O on cd12, so thought I would be safe. Well, cd13 was up but cd14 had a big dip! Here's a link to my chart (let's see if this works):

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/7c86c

I guess I will also have to wait and see what on earth happened!

Patti -- I think FF has it right (as right as it can) because if you O'd on cd13 in the morning, FF can only detect the change up until the time you temped on cd13, so even though it was early that morning, FF is putting it on cd12. You are probably much more in tune with your signs than a computer program, given all your experience! Sounds like you hit the window perfectly.

Good luck to everyone!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#12 of 107 Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

mamacatsbaby - DH thinks that he has pneumonia (he didn't go to the doc) so he started taking an extra antibiotic we had at home (left over from when DS2 took it for one day and had an allergic reaction). DH is feeling better. DD3 is refusing to go potty for daddy today. She only wants to go potty for mommy but mommy is at work duh.gif

joy.gifporcelina - I was just thinking about you the other day! So happy to see you! I had to look up the O+12 theory because I had never heard of it. My youngest DD was a 5 days before O baby. I've got 3 girls and 2 boys. I only started charting with the last one so I have no idea where I was in the cycle when I conceived the rest. So you are somewhere between 1 and 3 DPO, I am excited for you!!! Tell me about the RE. What are they doing for you? Thanks for the feedback on FF. Sometimes I just need to hear it from someone else! I am going to add you to Waiting to Know unless you objectsmile.gif

#13 of 107 Old 06-03-2013, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

OH censored.gif! MommatoGray, I just chart stalked you and saw that sheaf.gif got you hug2.gifSo sorry!

#14 of 107 Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 PM

Patti, thanks for the welcome! DH is sure we are done after 3, so this is the only chance at a girl. Of course, we would be happy with a healthy child first and foremost but it would be nice to have that experience. Gender swaying is pretty cool -- I am not totally into it, but am taking some extra supplements and thought I'd try that timing -- but it's really hard to pinpoint O! Wow, 5 day cutoff says a lot for your fertility! RE is just making sure everything is in working order, so they have been following my cycle closely with ultrasounds and bloodwork, plus progesterone supplements starting today. No stimulating drugs or IUI or anything like that. Next cycle (assuming I get there) they want to do a saline sonogram because there were a couple of findings on the ultrasound, but they have to do that right after AF and with time before O. I love the doc, though, and really feel well cared for there. Sending baby dust to you!!

Oh, and if I were someone else looking at my chart, I'd say I O'd on cd14. Oh well!!

#15 of 107 Old 06-04-2013, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter

Porcelina, On your chart I could go with O on CD12 with a fallback on CD14 or O on CD14. I have found that CF doesn't always follow the temp pattern shrug.gif As far as my crazy 5 days before O conception - I always blame DH and tell him that I can't believe those swimmers lived that long (and across 3 time zones - I left for a business trip the day we DTD so technically I conceived while on the other side of the country! I guess that's what you get when CTA! LOL)

#16 of 107 Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 AM

Patti, what, you can't blame DH! That's your very fertile cm that kept those little swimmers safe!! LOL! And you were CTA then? How funny! Well, given today's temp I'm guessing that I do indeed have a fallback rise, and of course, now I am obsessing that we still BDd too early for a girl and I am in boy territory now. Again, not that I have a problem with that, just that if you're gonna do all this stuff to try for a girl, no point in screwing up the key timing bit of it. Well, we'll see what happens. By the way, do you always have EWCM after O? All these theories claim that to look for O, you should check for the end of EWCM, but mine tends to hang around afterwards. Hmm... So is this your first true TTC this time around then?

#17 of 107 Old 06-04-2013, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

porcelina, This is my first cycle TTC since my loss March 2012! The only other time in my life that I was TTC I had unexplained infertility and it took 9 months to get pregnantirked.gif. Then that pregnancy ended in ectopicgloomy.gif. We decided to quit TTC and I was pregnant with DD2 six weeks latereyesroll.gif. So I have a weird issue with TTC since all my other pregnancies were surprises and the one I tried for ended in disaster greensad.gif Totally hoping for a different outcome this timethumb.gif! As far as my EWCM - It's gone crazy dizzy.gifI had it even when I was on BC pills shrug.gif Before the pill it was practically nonexistent, then I had some on the pill and now I have more than I know what to do withSheepish.gif! I have been relying more on OPKs and temps to confirm O because 7+ days of EWCM usually indicates a problem but no problem has been foundconfused.gif. TCOYF says that the pill can cause crazy CM patterns so I have chalked it up to that. However FF says that it's normal to have EWCM 1-2 days after O.

I hope you get your girl! energy.gifHow long is your average LP?

#18 of 107 Old 06-04-2013, 11:32 AM

Patti, gosh, we also had a period of 10 months infertility followed by an ectopic. That happened after two early miscarriages, cytotec (for the missed one), completely screwed up cycles, and then avoiding 5-6 months. Yuck! After that is when I first saw a fertility specialist. I wish you good luck with this cycle goodvibes.gif! Good to know TCOYF says 1-2 days more EWCM is normal. Goes to show, we are all so different! The only thing that is for certain for everyone is that with 3 consecutive high temps you have definitely O'd! My LP is usually 12-14 days. I think my earliest BFP was 10 dpo, but every other time I have diligently waited until 14 dpo. How about you?

#19 of 107 Old 06-04-2013, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

porcelina, Before BC pills my LP was 12-13 days, now it is 11-12 so really not much difference. It has never ever been 14 or longer (that I know of, I started charting in 2010). I got a positive with DD3 at 10dpo but I don't think I am going to do early tests this go round. If I get an early negative, I will just hope that it's a false negative and drive myself crazy!

Damn! planegreen, I just stalked your chart and saw that she got you hug2.gif

#20 of 107 Old 06-04-2013, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Just posting to subscribe since I am stalking all of you. So many congrats to the recent BFPs! May was hot!! I probably belong in oh crap I don't know what I am doing. As I still don't know what I am doing. My confused chart is http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/4092e5

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 4 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014.
#21 of 107 Old 06-05-2013, 07:53 AM

Hi Sleepymama, welcome! The oh crap category is where I started when I first posted in this forum! I would have been there this month too, but we made a last minute attempt.

Patti, you will be expecting AF in no time! Only 4-5 more days, right?

Well, I got crosshairs for CD14 today, but they turned to dashed. Funny thing is, I had a very similar pattern in October for my last pregnancy, and FF put O before the fallback rise that time. Who knows the method behind the madness, not me!

ETA: Okay, I just got off the phone with my RE, who happened to call with some blood results so I asked her a bunch of questions. She said I am ovulating really well, had estradiol levels that were really good, and she thinks I probably ovulated later in the day on Saturday, based on my blood levels. Interesting that the temp rise wasn't until Monday, which would make FF believe O was on Sunday. Makes me wonder (again) about the temp rise -- does it go up when egg released, or after egg has expired 24 hours later, or sometime in between?

#22 of 107 Old 06-05-2013, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Sleepymama, I have you all moved into the oh crap category. hug2.gif

porcelina, AF should show up on Sunday or Monday with a preceding temp dip on Saturday or Sunday. If this cycle is anything like the last two, and it looks like it is, I strongly suspect that she is on the way. I have fertile looking CF again, which tends to happen right before AF (totally normal according to FF and TCOYF), cramps, back ache, grumpy. I didn't feel good (tons of weird stuff going on) pre-o so I didn't really give this cycle much of a chance shrug.gif What super sucks is that I put on weight recently and today two of my coworkers asked me if I was pregnant! I actually said, "no I am just fat!"  I am 5 feet tall and I weigh 105lbs but my tummy is rounded and bloated looking. I use to weigh 97-100 with no tummy. And just yesterday I was getting compliments from random strangers at the grocery store about how nice I looked!

I think it's hard to say exactly when the temp goes up. I know it goes up in relation to progesterone up I don't know how much progesterone or how long it takes to cause the rise. I read somewhere that the temp projected O date has a margin of error of +/- 3 days.

#23 of 107 Old 06-05-2013, 01:11 PM

Hi sleepymama! Welcome! Tell us your story when you feel comfortable. 

Yep, Pattimomma, you can move me back to Waiting to O.  She's here.  Boo. 

Porcelina, someone had just posted a little while ago about the fallback temp possibly being implant day. I have no idea if that is true but another thing to consider. 

PS - It's really nice that the whole time I am posting I keep seeing the flashing ad on the right side asking me if I'm due in January 14 and to join the DDC.  I know that's dumb and it's what this site is mainly for but.... oh well... 

#24 of 107 Old 06-06-2013, 06:18 AM

Planegreen, sorry AF got you! I wish you baby dust for the next cycle. I don't have that annoying ad -- how would they know your likely due date (at least specific to the month)? That is kindof scary!

Pattimomma, I hope this is your lucky cycle and that all that EWCM is keeping those swimmers safe! You really did have good timing! But, I definitely feel like the best strategy when TTC is assuming this particular month did NOT work, since it's much easier to be happily surprised than disappointed.

AFM - tomorrow is the last day of preschool for my 5 and he starts K next year. WOW! Time has really flown. I think he is totally ready. We recently eliminated all food dyes and artificial flavors/preservatives from his diet, and his behavior has been MUCH better!! I'm so glad we finally found a likely answer to his multiple tantrums. Now, if we could just get the 2 year old to sleep more at night!!

#25 of 107 Old 06-06-2013, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

planegreen, I have the January 14 DDC ad on my sidebar as well. I think basically the site tracks what topics you post in and then places the ads that way. I bet soon I will start seeing ads for the Feb 14 DDC.

#26 of 107 Old 06-06-2013, 10:43 PM

Hi all- Just checking in on you. We plan to move forward with adoption, but our plans are on hold for a bit. We are waiting for news on whether DH still has a job (we'll find out in early July). I'm doing alright. Every day is a little different. I'm enjoying a musical theater group that I got into and joined a couple months ago. Peaches, Leo, and Sushi (not sure if I've written since we got Sushi) are all doing great. Peaches and Sushi are the best of friends.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#27 of 107 Old 06-06-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattimomma View Post

planegreen, I have the January 14 DDC ad on my sidebar as well. I think basically the site tracks what topics you post in and then places the ads that way. I bet soon I will start seeing ads for the Feb 14 DDC.

Pattimomma- I have ads for the February one and it's irritating.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#28 of 107 Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I should post here so I can find the thread again. I really don't know what my body is doing right now. I started spotting today, mid-cycle! That's never happened to me before. My temperatures are also higher than usual for pre-O and I haven't had any sign of O yet (sticky discharge instead of fertile quality). So I guess I'm in the same WTH boat. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to catch up with everyone.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#29 of 107 Old 06-08-2013, 06:19 AM

Hello everyone,

Advice needed. Been lurking a while, but think I need everyone's advice here.

So the back story is, I have had my most recent miscarriage, at 9 weeks, this past March. I had one period after about 35 days, and then at the time of the next, about seven days of spotting, which was very strange, but then I ovulated 14 days later (and 15 days ago). Which brings me to now. This should be the fourth period, it should have come Thursday, in fact, if you count the very first day of spotting as my LMP. I have had all negative pregnancy tests until now, although I really thought I had a positive b/c my last pregnancy I found out on the faintest lines! But this was an evap line, I think, and I haven't retested since yesterday's negative.

Another factor to consider: I started Emerita progesterone cream this month, first time, probably about five days after ovulation, maybe six. My rationale was that things were out of whack the month before (with strange spots) so I'd see if I could straighten things out. I have had a decreasing luteal phase since an earlier pregnancy, but my progesterone level came back normal last year. Still, something was clearly out of balance.

Anyway, I thought I was pregnant due to my symptoms: 

Sorer-than-usual breasts

All kinds of cramping and back pain at unusual times

Feeling of "fullness," if you know what I mean

Really high BBTs--98.8 two mornings ago, 98.4 this morning, between 98.2 and 98.8 for the last week, at least, which was when I finally found my thermometer under the bed. I'm counting that I probably had my first high temp on a Friday since I had good OPKs on cycle days 13 and 14. This would mean that I bet this is my 15th high temp.

And I should have had my period by now, since my cycle is from 25-28 days usually (though all bets are off after a miscarriage, I know...)

However, I realise that all of these "symptoms" could also easily be because of the progesterone. I only take one 1/4 dose, which is 20 mg, I think. The suppositories are 200 mg, right? Is that enough to delay my period?

I do not want to take another pregnancy test this time until I am sure that I would get a definite answer, so I was thinking of just seeing if my temps are high and testing in a few days again? Or do  you think I should wean myself off the progesterone to see if my period will come, and if so, when would you do that? Also, would you even be taking progesterone if you were me? I didn't really consider that taking it now would mean taking it for a whole 12 weeks. I have no evidence that my progesterone is down, except for the harrowing experience of seeing it nosedive right before my miscarriage, and the spotting...there is just the fear that this is the problem, an easy fix that could prevent that pain again. However, you don't ever really know with a miscarriage like mine, you know? 

Any advice appreciated!

#30 of 107 Old 06-08-2013, 12:13 PM

Hi Deborah! Good luck to your DH on the job front! I know it is still a rough economy out there! Are there other things you can move forward with on the adoption front, like preparing materials about you, etc., while waiting for the job situation to get worked out? Seems like there is just so much to do in that process!

Welcome, NSmomtobe!

Aloya, if you have 18 consecutive temps above your coverline you should know for sure. But, if you get 18 temps above coverline and still no AF, you should contact your doc and see if you can get a quantitative test of hcg. I take progesterone supplements by prescription, but they have never prevented AF from showing her face. As for that particular supplement, I know nothing about it. Have you heard of it messing up cycles? You are right that all the pregnancy symptoms could just be from progesterone, so hard to know, but if you can hold out and not test for a couple of days, you should have your answer! Then again, how sure are you on your O date? It can always be slightly off, but I do think that 18 days above coverline is the rule. LOL about finding the thermometer under the bed! I have a missing value from yesterday for that exact reason! Hope you get the answer you want soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page