Hope, Healing and Conceiving ~ April 2014 ~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2014, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Continued from Hope, Healing and Conceiving ~ March 2014 ~

This thread is for women who wish to conceive after a loss and need support, hope and healing. If you wish to be added to the thread or want to modify your info please make requests in bold. If you have a chart online either at TCOYF or at Fertility Friend and would like it linked with your name in the list, just post the link and add the icon in your post so I don’t miss anyone.

Bring on the babies!!

~ Waiting to O ~ 2whistle.gif

liladancing chartnew.gif

Alivewithyou

Redmom

~ Waiting to Know ~ pos.gif

rosie2727

Anna1979 :2seechart

MsBe

~ Waiting to Adopt ~ adoptionheart-1.gif

~ Oh Crumbs! I Don't Know What I'm Doing??!!?!??!?!? ~ nut.gif

~ Waiting with Special Circumstances ~ whistling.gif

ememers
mamacatsbaby chartnew.gif

laurela

Wilhelmina

~ Recent BFPs! ~ rainbow1284.gif

April - LilyTiger, NSmomtobe chartnew.gif, LaylasMommy2011, lmevans

March - granolamommie, Harmony96 chartnew.gif

February - Kaliakra, jesepumpkin, mamacatsbaby :candle, rosie2727 :candle, wengrin

January - RainbowAsylum, Right of Passage

December - taichimom chartnew.gif

November - NSmomtobe candle.gif, Arabelle candle.gif, piratemere

October - MommatoGray chartnew.gif, OSTC

September - eazar chartnew.gif, Jesepumpkin candle.gif

~ In Our Thoughts ~ blowkiss.gif
(If you're in this group, we haven't heard from you in a while. Stop by and give us an update if you can.)

ilovemykiddos

MountainMamaGC

gelato

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

NSMomtobe, I've gotten a few days of darker BFPs, so you can move me to the Recent BFPs section.  Thanks so much for keeping the thread going!

I'm feeling very optimistic about things so far.  BFPs are getting darker.  I'm still weighing whether to get an early u/s or not.  Our previous baby stopped growing between 6 and 7 weeks, so I'm not sure a 6 week ultrasound would be that reassuring.  I'm thinking we'll wait until week 8 or so.  If my anxiety levels are ok, we could wait until the 13 week scan, but I'm a little hesitant due to my experience in December of not knowing the baby was gone for over a month. 

(On a very minor note, @NSmomtobe  did you mean April instead of starting another March thread?  :P)

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Oops! I got distracted in the middle of setting that thread up and I didn't realize I'd even posted yet.

It's great to have a BFP already!

Old 04-01-2014, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Could you please add me to waiting to O? I'm on day 26 and still no signs of it. Not sure if I'll have an anovilatory cycle or a really long one... Oh the suspense ha ha.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Happy April, everyone! This month will be a bust for me because DH will be out of town for nearly 3 weeks and will definitely miss my fertile window. But I'm hoping we get some good "practice" in to be ready to really try next month (finally). Hoping April showers bring May BFPs!

Mama to DS1 wave.gif (born at 32.5 weeks in Dec 2009) and DS2 and DS3 angel2.gif angel2.gif (born at 23 weeks in Oct 2013). 
Old 04-02-2014, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
How can I change my cycle length on fertility friend. I tried and it won't let me. Mine are 28 days now. Back to normal but it projects 32 days.

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013 
Old 04-02-2014, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Congrats LilyTiger!  Wishing you peaceful pregnancy and a healthy babe!  Keep that optimistic spirit, there is no reason not to be joyful right now.  That said, I know it is difficult not to have fears around the milestones of your previous pregnancy and loss.  My m/c was at 13 weeks after seeing a normal heartbeat at 8 weeks and I felt really shocked and cheated by the false reassurance of seeing what I thought was a healthy little bean at our first appointment.  In the early months after my loss I thought I would want to go see my doc as soon as I got a BFP and be monitored as much as possible until I reached that magical 14 week mark.  Now I think when my next miracle comes I'd rather just relax and enjoy every happy moment, no stress, no worry.   You should follow your heart and get an early scan if that is what you want, or wait until 13 weeks if that would make you feel better.  Whichever you choose, I would try to remember that acting from a place of love always feels better than acting from a place of fear.  Good luck on your decision, I'm sure whatever you choose will be right for you! 

Old 04-02-2014, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liladancing View Post

How can I change my cycle length on fertility friend. I tried and it won't let me. Mine are 28 days now. Back to normal but it projects 32 days.
Idk, but I would assume after it picks up on this change, it will adjust it's projections....

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
Old 04-02-2014, 02:46 PM

NSMomtobe-  Thanks for the new thread!   Looks like we are cycle buddies this month; I o'd on the 27th and it looks from your chart like you did on the 26th.   And I think we are the two oldtimers on this thread (with the most time passed since our losses), so I think we are (over)due for some good news!  How's the 2WW treating you?  Fortunately I have been traveling all week- first to see friends in Philly, then to VA for a few days with my brother's family and a couple days at my sister's- so this first week has flown by.   It also helps that now that my anniversary has come and gone I just don't feel the urgency that I have in months passed.  I have a 5K on the 19th that I would really love to place in, so I am *almost* hoping that this month isn't the one since I have always gotten pretty severe fatigue in the first few months.  I'm also working on a rainbow baby blanket these days and thinking about my next little one (my rainbow:throb) all wrapped up in it helps me to feel a little more patient with this journey (at least until it is finished).  Sometimes I need a lot of reminding that life is not a race, maybe that's part of what this last year has been about: the universe reminding me, yet again, that everything comes in it's own time... okay, I'm just ramblin' now...  Fx for you this month.  Will you test next week or just wait until AF is supposed to show?  

Old 04-02-2014, 03:28 PM

Happy April to you ememers!  In the first 12 cycles after my loss we only tried 5 (and a half - a NTNP cycle) and I really liked those cycles off.  Not because I didn't still desperately want another baby, I really really did, but because it really gave me some time to focus on other areas where I wanted to grow in my life, and gave DH and I some much needed time to reconnect without any pressure.  Enjoy this time off from TTC and have a great time *practicing*!  :wink

Alivewithyou-  Aaargh, how frustrating!  Is this your first cycle since your loss?  Do you usually O late?  I'm not sure if I O'd following my m/c because I didn't chart that month, but I think it is fairly common not to.  I do know that I never really noticed any fertile signs though and a normal AF showed up approx. 4 weeks later.  I hope something happens for you real soon. :o

liladancing-  You are always in my prayers.  I can feel how broken your heart is through your posts and I try to send some healing thoughts your way every day.   I don't know if it will be your cup of tea or if you are in a place yet where you can laugh about the craziness of TTC, pregnancy, and loss but after my loss last spring I read a wonderfully tragic and funny book called "Knocked Up, Knocked Down: Postcards of Miscarriage and Other Misadventures from the Brink of Parenthood."   It is a true story by Monica Murphy Lemoine about her losses at 4 and 8 months, the crazy ways she tried to deal with it, or not deal with it, and the crazy things other people suggested, said, did, etc in dealing with her in the aftermath of her losses.  It made me laugh out loud at times and brought me the solace of knowing that I was not alone in feeling all my crazy feelings and thinking all my crazy thoughts and just generally dealing with the heartbreak of a child lost too soon.  If you are interested and can't get a hold of a copy, you can PM me and I will send you mine.  BTW, it has a happy ending, she went on to have two healthy children.  :D

Old 04-02-2014, 03:38 PM

Welcome LaylasMommy2011!  May your stay here be sweetly short!

Hello rosie2727, how's your 2ww going? 

mamacatsbaby-  Broke my heart to see that you had another loss.  :Hug  You are often in my thoughts mama. 

Sorry, this post was all split up, I had to take frequent breaks to comfort a very overtired 3yo.  It's great for him to have all this time with his cousins but all this travel and excitement is beginning to take its toll (on both of us :eyesroll). 

Old 04-02-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBe View Post

Welcome LaylasMommy2011!  May your stay here be sweetly short!

Hello rosie2727, how's your 2ww going? 

mamacatsbaby-  Broke my heart to see that you had another loss.  hug2.gif   You are often in my thoughts mama. 

Sorry, this post was all split up, I had to take frequent breaks to comfort a very overtired 3yo.  It's great for him to have all this time with his cousins but all this travel and excitement is beginning to take its toll (on both of us eyesroll.gif ). 
Thanks for asking...it's been uneventful. I'm cranky and bitchy like PMS is raging. I'm 12dpo. I might test tomorrow. If I get bfn I think I'll stop the progesterone so AF will arrive. I don't want to be on it too long just to delay AF. I usually get BFP by 12 dpo, even with my chemicals, so I think stopping it tomorrow would be safe enough.

I did find out today that I got a new position I've been interviewing for. So that was a huge relief. My current job is so stressful and I've been itching to make a move for months now. So I'm super happy about that. Maybe less stress will help with baby making!

You have been traveling a lot! And a 5k? I couldn't run around my block if my life depended on it!

05/14
Old 04-02-2014, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

Could you please add me to waiting to O? I'm on day 26 and still no signs of it. Not sure if I'll have an anovilatory cycle or a really long one... Oh the suspense ha ha.

Hi Alivewithyou! I have added you. I always just assume that my O is late when I don't see it but I did recently have what I believe was an anovulatory cycle. It was the cycle following my last miscarriage.

Quote:

FF looks at averages, but you can manipulate the cycles that get included in the average. If you scroll down, you should see your cycles history, with min, max, ave, and med  values displayed for cycle length, LP, and O. If you click the "cycle list" you can uncheck any cycles that are particularly unusual and can throw off the average. However, if you keep having unusual cycles, then maybe you should count them in order to find your new average.

I just cleaned out my cycles list today so that only the past year (non-pregnant/non-miscarriage) cycles are included. It made my LP look better (yay!) but the rest of my statistics didn't change:

8 cycles Ave. Min. Max. Med.
Ovulation: 20 12 33 20
Luteal Phase: 12 10 13 12
Cycle length: 32 25 43 32
Stats Notification
Note: Your cycles are irregular. This may impact your predictions. 

Aw, man... I actually thought I was getting pretty regular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyTiger View Post

NSMomtobe, I've gotten a few days of darker BFPs, so you can move me to the Recent BFPs section.  Thanks so much for keeping the thread going!

I'm feeling very optimistic about things so far.  BFPs are getting darker.  I'm still weighing whether to get an early u/s or not.  Our previous baby stopped growing between 6 and 7 weeks, so I'm not sure a 6 week ultrasound would be that reassuring.  I'm thinking we'll wait until week 8 or so.  If my anxiety levels are ok, we could wait until the 13 week scan, but I'm a little hesitant due to my experience in December of not knowing the baby was gone for over a month. 

The RE said I could go for an early early u/s with my next pregnancy (6-8 weeks) but I think 8 weeks would be most reassuring since my second loss stopped developing after between 7-8 weeks. So yes, I agree with you. Then I would like a second u/s between 11-13 weeks, if possible. We usually only get u/s at 20 weeks here, so it was a big deal for me to get an "early" u/s at 11 weeks with DS and at 10 weeks with my latest loss. I had to fight to get one when I started spotting at 11 weeks with loss#2. I will be followed more closely next time, but at the same time I don't want to have too many ultrasounds. After 12 weeks, they can use the doppler and then maybe the fetoscope, so u/s is not as necessary for reassurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBe View Post

NSMomtobe-  Thanks for the new thread!   Looks like we are cycle buddies this month; I o'd on the 27th and it looks from your chart like you did on the 26th.   And I think we are the two oldtimers on this thread (with the most time passed since our losses), so I think we are (over)due for some good news!  How's the 2WW treating you?  Fortunately I have been traveling all week- first to see friends in Philly, then to VA for a few days with my brother's family and a couple days at my sister's- so this first week has flown by.   It also helps that now that my anniversary has come and gone I just don't feel the urgency that I have in months passed.  I have a 5K on the 19th that I would really love to place in, so I am *almost* hoping that this month isn't the one since I have always gotten pretty severe fatigue in the first few months.  I'm also working on a rainbow baby blanket these days and thinking about my next little one (my rainbow:throb) all wrapped up in it helps me to feel a little more patient with this journey (at least until it is finished).  Sometimes I need a lot of reminding that life is not a race, maybe that's part of what this last year has been about: the universe reminding me, yet again, that everything comes in it's own time... okay, I'm just ramblin' now...  Fx for you this month.  Will you test next week or just wait until AF is supposed to show?  

Hi MsBe! I have been keeping busy so the first week has flown by for me too. No symptoms. I have started taking baby aspirin daily to prevent possible clots and otherwise promote implantation. I am less patient than you are because I keep thinking of the growing age gap between DS and Rainbow. I would like to wait until next Wed to test, but we'll see how that works out. I might test Mon or Tues. FF says AF is expected on Wed, but I think Tuesday, based on my average LP, listed above.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 PM

Liladancing, I think it was you who asked about 5HTP? I have taken it in the past while nursing. It's just an amino acid, so I don't think it's contra-indicated in pregnancy but I'm not sure. You might want to ask your OB or whoever suggested you take it (your therapist?). Most doctors aren't going to be super informed about it, I wouldn't think.

I had an osteopath appointment today and she suggested we wait another six weeks or so before we start trying. Not sure what it was about my treatment that made her suggest that, osteopathy is still a bit of a mystery to me but I'm trying to do everything I can to promote wellness before getting pregnant again, so I'm trying it. 6 weeks is about the timeframe we were thinking of anyway (well, de facto since hubby is out of town for much of this month). Hoping 6 more weeks is all we have to wait!

Sending out truckloads of baby dust to those in the 2ww!

Mama to DS1 wave.gif (born at 32.5 weeks in Dec 2009) and DS2 and DS3 angel2.gif angel2.gif (born at 23 weeks in Oct 2013). 
Old 04-02-2014, 10:34 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone. I may try that book Ms. Bee. It might be a bit too intence for me right now. I was just checking myself and found ew but also some blood. What could it mean? I still feel like i might be pregnant. And I really hoping i am.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I may try that book Ms. Bee. It might be a bit too intence for me right now. I was just checking myself and found ew but also some blood. What could it mean? I still feel like i might be pregnant. And I really hoping i am.

Maybe it is a sign of ovulation. Sometimes a little blood comes out with the egg. Or sometimes spotting occurs after BD? I know you really want to be pregnant right now, but I don't think it is possible because you haven't O'd (unless you did yesterday/today, causing the blood). I'm sorry.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:44 AM

@liladancing I had ovulation bleeding for the first time the cycle before last.  It was just a spotting of brown blood.  You could very well be ovulating.  If you had a period a few weeks ago, it's unlikely you're pregnant yet, but the bleeding could be a really good fertility sign!

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:41 PM

Lila, if you are up for it, another really good book about baby loss is "An Exact Replica of a Figment of my Imagination" by Elizabeth McCracken.  She is a writer, so it's really well written and easy to get into and short, so it shouldn't be too overwhelming. Her first son was stillborn and she writes about the experience and the aftermath and going on to have more children.  I have recommended it to everyone I know since I read it, and it has helped some friends and family better understand my loss (which wasn't the exact same situation, but still useful).

OK, now I have some mundane questions.  How do you all quote from multiple posts in your replies?  And what is this "reputation" or "recognition" or whatever it is called now?  I have lurked on mothering for a while but I've never posted as much as I am now (still not tons) so I am still learning the ropes.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congrats Lily!!

My first post-miscarriage AF is here. We say out this last cycle. I cramped worse than usual the first day or so for some reason, but my flow has lessened a little quicker than usual.
I'm really hoping that God blesses us again quickly, this time for keeps. wink1.gif

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 PM

Ememers you just hit the multi button at the bottoms of your post to do a quote. And a recognition is essentially another member liking your post or finding it useful. Thanks for the tip about the book

Old 04-04-2014, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I got my smiley face!!!! I am ready to be moved to Waiting To Know. Happy April everyone!!!!! Sorry i haven't posted much lately i've been super busy and will copntinue to be super busy for the next week or so. Hoping to see some April BFP's and for all you ladies having a cycle this month and waiting to ovulate,hope you get your BFP's in may!!!! 

21 22
(July 2011)
(March 18,2014) (5 Weeks 5 Days)
Expecting #2 December 23,2014
Old 04-06-2014, 06:48 PM

Just got back from a conference that happily kept me from compulsively testing to make sure I'm still pregnant.  No symptoms other than fatigue so far, though I don't usually get morning sickness until 6 weeks or so.  I'm only 4w2d now. It's going very very slowly.  I'm still feeling optimistic, but it's also hard to really "bond" before my first appointment.

Good luck for everyone in the 2ww and those waiting to O or those waiting to "flow" (yikes).  Hoping for lots of April BFPs!!!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I would like to be added to this thread. 

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Anna1979][img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Anna1979/thumb.png[/img]
My Ovulation Chart[/url]

I'm waiting to O

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
Old 04-07-2014, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Anna. I have added you to "waiting to O." Is this your first cycle after a loss? I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:35 AM

Yes this is our first cycle back. Last time my cycles went back to normal right away so I'm hoping the same happens this time so we can get back on track. If we don't get our BFP this cycle I will be getting my hormones retested since they haven't been done since December 2013. 

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
Old 04-07-2014, 11:58 AM

Welcome Anna!

I am waiting to O now. AF came right on schedule. I was glad since I didn't know what to expect coming off a mc. Anyway, ready to tackle this month with guns blazin!

I also have a rant...I get so annoyed with ppl that never introduce themselves, never post, nothing....they merely join a TTC thread JUST to announce their BFP. It's like they just want to share the news with someone. Join a ddc, don't rub it in peoples faces! This exact thing happened on another thread I'm on and it pisses me off. Do these ppl have no common sense or compassion?

05/14
Old 04-07-2014, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

@rosie2727, I laughed out loud when I saw your response on the other thread... I almost called you out on it, but then I thought it would be inappropriate in case the poster returned... And she did. And then you were even less subtle with your second reply.  

Old 04-07-2014, 12:19 PM

I'm just saying what I KNOW is on a lot of women's minds. If I'm the mean, bitchy, bitter lady, then fine, I'll be that person if it means I'm standing up for several other women! Seriously! I don't get what would compel someone to do that!!

05/14
Old 04-07-2014, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

@Anna1979, based on your chart, it looks like you had an early loss this time (?) so hopefully it won't take too long for your cycle to get back to normal. When you talk about getting your hormones tested, which ones do you mean? I saw an RE last month and she said that there was no point in testing LH, etc., because obviously I was ovulating since I was able to get pregnant. Also, rather than testing my progesterone (which I believe is low), she just wrote me a prescription for supplemental progesterone. I honestly don't think a doctor would do further hormone testing so soon after a miscarriage. But if you want to know if the HCG is out of your system, it makes sense to test for that, but my doctors never did and I just used HPTs to see how long they took to go negative. Good luck!

Old 04-07-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSmomtobe View Post

@Anna1979, based on your chart, it looks like you had an early loss this time (?) so hopefully it won't take too long for your cycle to get back to normal. When you talk about getting your hormones tested, which ones do you mean? I saw an RE last month and she said that there was no point in testing LH, etc., because obviously I was ovulating since I was able to get pregnant. Also, rather than testing my progesterone (which I believe is low), she just wrote me a prescription for supplemental progesterone. I honestly don't think a doctor would do further hormone testing so soon after a miscarriage. But if you want to know if the HCG is out of your system, it makes sense to test for that, but my doctors never did and I just used HPTs to see how long they took to go negative. Good luck!

This is something that my naturopath and I had discussed prior to my last BFP. She ran the standard CD3 and 7DPO tests as well as my glucose, thyroid, iron and there might have been one more. Based on those tests she has me on some supplements and she wants to make sure that things haven't gone out of wack since I've been on them. My progesterone was a little low this time around but it could be just because it was such an early loss and my test in December showed my progesterone in the normal range. If it's low then she will want me to take a progesterone supplement. 

User Tag List