Mothering Forum banner

Hope, Healing and Conceiving - July 2014

4K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  unuselyriver 
#1 · (Edited)
Continued from the Hope, Healing and Conceiving - June 2014 thread.

This thread is meant for anyone who wishes to conceive after a loss or is planning to conceive and/or needs support with healing after a loss. In other words, you don't necessarily have to be actively TTC in order to post here.

If you'd like to be added to the thread or want to change your information, please make requests in bold or PM me. If you have an online chart (TCOYF, Fertlility Friend) and would like it linked with your name on the list, post the link and add the icon in your post.

:goodvibes Healing and fertile vibes all around!

~ Waiting to O ~ :W

unuselyriver
Melinda1980

~ Waiting to Know ~ :+

ememers
MsBe
rosie2727
Anna1979
Radiowave
Wilhelmina

~ Waiting to Adopt ~

mcghee45baby

~ Oh Crumbs! I Don't Know What I'm Doing?! ~

t2009

~ Waiting with Special Circumstances ~ :meditate

laurela
MountainMama2Be

~ Recent BFPs! ~

July- sleepymama

June- alivewithyou

May- liladancing

April - LilyTiger, NSmomtobe , LaylasMommy2011, lmevans

March - granolamommie, Harmony96

February - Kaliakra, jesepumpkin, mamacatsbaby
, rosie2727
, wengrin

January - RainbowAsylum, Right of Passage

December - taichimom

November - NSmomtobe
, Arabelle
, piratemere

October - MommatoGray , OSTC

September - eazar , Jesepumpkin

~ In Our Thoughts ~

(If you're in this group, we haven't heard from you in a while. Stop by and give us an update if you can.)

ilovemykiddos
MountainMamaGC
gelato
lollie2357
Alivewithyou
Redmom
mamacatsbaby

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
New thread up!

I hope those of you in the US had a nice holiday!

We are on the road & relaxing at my parents house, which is so nice--We've stayed up late watching movies & then my folks have let me sleep in each morning. :grin:

We decided not to try this cycle, even though I got fertility signs & I think a temp jump (I've been lazily temping & we were traveling so it's been very inconsistent). I've been having some serious anxiety & depression (acupuncture has helped greatly with the depression & somewhat with the anxiety) & I'm also bruising easily so I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I need to see a doctor. I've been avoiding going to a doctor, trying to convince myself that I can do this all on my own, but I now think I should at least get my iron & platelets checked & other nutritional markers. After giving birth 5 years ago I struggled with getting my platelet levels back up for about a year & I've continued to struggle with my iron levels. So yeah, I think I should see a doc & I plan to call tomorrow.

I look forward to hearing from you all & hope you're well!

#3 ·
I would like to be added. I was here a year or so ago after a surprise pregnancy and then 8 week loss. We weren't sure we were going to try again and then decided not to, but we have both been thinking about it. A couple weeks ago DH came back from therapy to say that he just couldn't stop thinking about it and maybe we should try, and since I am only teaching half time this year (budget cuts ugh) it would be a really good time to do it. We have two kids ages 11 and 8. The 11 year old has a severe congenital heart defect and is going in for another valve replacement at the end of the month. I had 2 losses in between the two kids - one at 11 weeks and one at 5 weeks. I don't have a lot of trouble getting pregnant-but I'm 1 for 5 on producing a healthy baby (my daughter has no issues except tween-itis lol). My son also has autism. We are clearly crazy and like to keep things interesting... I will be 40 in December so no time like the present!

I am waiting to know. 5 or 6 dpo. I lost my BBT thermometer so I'll have to pick up a new one if this cycle is no good. We only DTD once 2-3 days before O. I get a ton of ewcm and am pretty sure of my O date. Poor DH fell off his bike and his hand has been in a splint so he hasn't been up to the babymaking. Next month should be better. I am having major breast shooting pains/heaviness and trying not to make too much of that.

Glad to see that most of you here weren't here last year! I hope those who were on this thread last year are pregnant now

#5 ·
Hi, I saw I was on the updates list on this thread. Sorry to have disappeared, I struggled more with the loss and was trying to avoid it.. even though that is really hard to do on this site in general. :) Anyway, just wanted to update that I am almost 7 weeks pregnant today and so far the baby is looking healthy and is measuring 3 days ahead. Hopefully I can survive the next month and this little baby sticks around this time.

Anyway, I have been checking in here every now and then and as always am wishing you all sticky BFPs. :)

#7 ·
Just popping in to say that I'm on CD4, so it's on to another cycle. I had one day of feeling pretty sad about not being pregnant, but now I'm moving on and trying to look ahead. I was hopeful last time because I had both acupuncture and an osteopathic treatment on the day before I ovulated, but it was not to be. Next cycle, please! You can move me to "waiting to O". Good luck to all, will try to find time to upstate more this month but it's my busy month at work. :). Thinking of everyone!

#8 ·
Just popping in to let you all know I will make time for updating tonight or tomorrow night. I'm on my phone & it's a bit tricky to juggle it.

Anyway, more later but it's nice to meet you @Sleepymama & I'm really happy for your pregnancy @alivewithyou (I think we were both postin on the TTC One thread for a while)!!

I hope this is a good month, ladies!!

#10 ·
hey ladies just jumping in to update i think i o and are about 3 dpo so i am just waiting not haven a whole lot of hope this cycle cause it has been hard for me to dtd i have been haven problems since i had me baby last year but doing ok first time of us jumping back in the bed since she was born so and we have only done it three times in 8 months cause of the pain and it has all been this month around o time :thumb

#11 ·
Updated to here (I think).
@Sleepymama, :wave. Good for you guys jumping in again! I hope you achieve a healthy pregnancy & baby soon! And I hope your DH heals up quickly (my DH also rides a bike & I'm always paranoid about him falling & hurting himself). Let me know if the link to your chart is working.

Thanks for stopping in, @alivewithyou! Congrats on your pregnancy & I hope you have a healthy pregnancy & your rainbow baby in your arms soon. It's great to hear happy stories & I'm glad to add a June BFP to the list!!
@ememers, glad to hear from you & I hope your well & still running during your busy time!
@unuselyriver, awesome that you & DH have jumped in all the way after a long hiatus. I hope you got good coverage!

AFM, back to work & reality. Feeling a bit depressed & overwhelmed by anxiety & health issues. I so wanted to just jump back into trying but I feel less & less inclined to do it even though it's becoming possible to try again soon. Maybe more soon. I hope you're all well. :blowkiss :sleepytime

#12 ·
i should say actively in the bed cause we dtd a few times with pain and had to stop cause it was just to hard

#16 ·
Gotcha. Sorry it's been such a long hard road for you to get to this point! I hope it's much better from here on out.

Well my temps dipped this morning (DPO9) and my usual LP is 11-12 days so it could mean AF is around the corner
I'm crossing my fingers for not, but let us know!

I feel terrible posting this here since so many of you are struggling, but I just wanted to update. I had a very early BFP last week at 9 dpo. Seems to be getting stronger and I have lots of symptoms so I'm hopeful. I haven't told anyone except DH and it's really hard to keep it a secret but I want to wait a couple months. I'm trying to get an early appointment with the OB I saw for my m/c last year so I can at least get an early u/s. We are moving next month and my DS is going to have heart surgery right before we move and I have plenty else to worry about :( I feel really tired and randomly nauseous and want to hide under the covers for the next 2 months.
Good luck to you all!!
Please don't feel bad. Congrats! It's great to have good news around here, especially with things so quiet. I hope this is your sticky & your pregnancy in uneventful!! And many good wishes for your son's surgery.

AFM, still waiting for AF but should be here tomorrow. I had the most awful triggering experience today--I was finishing up a very pleasant lunch-time walk out of the office & on my way back to the office I ran into an army of anti-abortion protesters with those huge posters of images of fetuses. I am all for free speech usually, but I just lost it. (I'm not passing judgment on the sentiment, it's the execution that triggered my emotions--I won't mention my own views on the issue, which are complicated.) It's the most I've cried in a long time & I felt all sorts of horrible feelings & thoughts. I even made the stupid move & approached them but I wasn't at all calm & one guy (a MAN!) was so cold it just made me so angry.

In other news, my dear cousin is pregnant & we would have been pregnant together had I not miscarried. I tried to fake excitement but it just didn't come out. I know I will have time to be excited with them, but still. And I finally told my grandmother what happened & she was so sad. It has been a shitty, shitty few days. And DH isn't even sure he wants to try again yet & he's saying all the wrong things & I'm just feeling the weight of my biological clock ticking away.

So if I get pregnant this next cycle, it will just be a miracle. But I'm not holding my breath for any miracles the way things are going. :(

#14 ·
I feel terrible posting this here since so many of you are struggling, but I just wanted to update. I had a very early BFP last week at 9 dpo. Seems to be getting stronger and I have lots of symptoms so I'm hopeful. I haven't told anyone except DH and it's really hard to keep it a secret but I want to wait a couple months. I'm trying to get an early appointment with the OB I saw for my m/c last year so I can at least get an early u/s. We are moving next month and my DS is going to have heart surgery right before we move and I have plenty else to worry about :( I feel really tired and randomly nauseous and want to hide under the covers for the next 2 months.
Good luck to you all!!

Reactions: liladancing
#18 ·
well my temps have been up but i am due for af tomorrow dont know if it will come or not if it has not shown up by my b day i will test and see my b day is friday so that would be good to know :thumb

#19 ·
i hope everyone is feeling ok today and i am sorry you have had a bad few days oh and dont feel bad about being mad at those people with there signs i get that way alot

#20 ·
well af has not came yet so i dont know what to think my temps are still up so i guess i am still waiting:love

#22 ·
@t2009 Im so sorry to hear about your anxiety and depression. I know how frustrating that all can be and I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully your doctor will have some good advice. Also, Im sorry to hear about your experience with the protesters, I would have felt the same way. That is such an awful thing to have to see when in your situation. Ive always been pro-choice but since having my MC my views have changed a little. Not to say that Im against choice now, I just feel differently about it than I used to.
@alivewithyou Im very happy to hear that you are doing well and the baby is growing and healthy.
@ememers I hope this cycle is the one for you!
@unuselyriver I hope this means good news for you!
@Anna1979 Uugg, the waiting is the worst! :serious:
@Sleepymama congrats on the early BFP and I hope this one is sticky for you. Also I hope your move and the surgery both go well. That is a lot at once!

AFM, still waiting. If the day of the D&C was CD1 then today is CD 32 and I usually have 32 day cycles. I know that my cycles could be messed up for a while, but Im really hoping for AF in the next few days. I was really craving chocolate today, which I know is such a silly way to symptom spot, but hopefully it means something. I just hate all this waiting, and all this not knowing. Oh, and you know what else I hate?? Having to lose baby weight for a baby I dont even have. Sorry, I know thats depressing but Im really frustrated about that.

#24 ·
thanks melinda 1980 and af still has not shown up but dh does not want to get a test cause he say we are going to the ob monday and that they can test there i dont think he understands how hard it is for me to wait but i do see his point that it is better to confirm by them but i want to know now but i guess three more days is not that long and i hope they will be able to tell us why it is so painful to have intercourse so i guess i am still waiting to know

#26 ·
Thank you, ladies, for your support. It's been a rough go but I am feeling a lot better. And your words have helped (I read all updates via email but didn't get a chance to post). AF came this week, so I don't know if that had something to do with my big emotions. I think not though because all symptoms have been very mild.

Question: any ideas what it could mean that my temps don't drop until CD 2 or so? Acupuncturist said late drop in temp along with spotting can point to endometriosis but I've had an ultrasound of my uterus & ovaries in the past 3 years & it showed nothing out of the ordinary so that's out.

I went to my doc & got the all clear to start trying. We'll see... DH & I are not exactly on the same page right now. So now I'm just waiting for test results from the lab (felt like I gave up half my blood!). I'll let you all know.
@unuselyriver, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that AF didn't show. Sorry you have to wait to test til Mon. And happy birthday! I hope you can celebrate!
@Melinda1980, I hope for AF soon for you! Funny, I was just craving chocolate too... Never thought of it as a symptom but totally could be! I so know what you mean about the waiting & the having to lose baby weight with no baby. It sucks so bad & no one gets it. Everyone I make a comment to tries to brush it off but it's really this painful reminder every damn day when my jeans are just a little too tight or I can't fit into pants I wore before. And since I'm not pregnant I can't get away with wearing stretchy pants all the time! Since it's summer, my suggestion would be to wear pretty, comfortable dresses--they're flattering & will lift your spirits!! I'm trying to follow my own advice & it mostly works.
@liladancing, hi! Thanks for stopping by!

All, I will update statuses this weekend when I'm on a computer. I hope you all have a great weekend!!

#28 ·
Hello fellow TTC'ers! Sorry I have been absent. Thanks for starting the new thread @t2009! :thumb
I had a lovely birthday: DH did the housework and took primary responsibility for DS all day, I took a nap and a long bath and then DH took me out to dinner and my sister took care of DS. Beautiful, right? And then mid-way thru our delicious and decadent meal DH tells me that he will be picking up extra shifts since his co-worker is due soon. I didn't even know she was pregnant. Again. Her oldest is six months DS's junior and this is her second baby since him. And I really don't like her. I mean I didn't before, but I really wasn't feeling any kind of happy for her imminent birth on my birthday. When I first met her she tried to bond with me over how she has missed all of her first son's milestones, she thought it was hilarious. I thought, that's really sad. I had a single mom for most of my childhood and even though she had to work she spent as much time as possible with all of us, taking crappier positions to make it happen. This woman is super affluent, her hubby is also a MD as are both of their parents and she chose to place all her kids in full-time care at 6 weeks. I'm all about choice and many ways of being a good mother but her cavalier attitude towards missing most of their life just rubs me the wrong way. And here she popping out multiples before I can get started on number 2. Just not the news I wanted at that moment. I tried not to but couldn't keep the tears from rolling. :gloomy I was in a funk for the next couple of days even though I tried to keep reminding myself that my own journey is unique and this isn't the end of the road. My mom says i need to stop acting like 37 is 47. She believes I have plenty of time.
In a much happier note, my half-marathon training is going super well. My long run this week was 9.2 miles and I managed to run the whole way and it felt pretty good. I have an appointment with a new TCM provider on Thursday, and I've started taking a new yoga class on Sundays that I am really digging. I am technically Waiting to Know, but I think I O'd a little early this cycle, maybe last Saturday and DH and I were only able to hook up Thursday and Sunday. A day too early and a day too late I fear.
Congrats @Sleepymama and hoping for you @unuselyriver! @t2009 That protester experience sounds awful! :Hug I thought it was normal to have some higher temps during AF? I thought I read that in TCOYF. @liladancing :wave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.