hope , healing and conceiving - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 08-03-2014, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
hope , healing and conceiving

Hope, Healing and Conceiving - AUGUST 2014
Continued from the Hope, Healing and Conceiving - July 2014 thread.

This thread is meant for anyone who wishes to conceive after a loss or is planning to conceive and/or needs support with healing after a loss. In other words, you don't necessarily have to be actively TTC in order to post here.

If you'd like to be added to the thread or want to change your information, please make requests in bold or PM me. If you have an online chart (TCOYF, Fertlility Friend) and would like it linked with your name on the list, post the link and add the icon in your post.

Healing and fertile vibes all around!

~ Waiting to O ~

sleepymama
Melinda1980
ememers

~ Waiting to Know ~

Anna1979
bfw0729
rosie2727
t2009
Radiowave

~ Waiting to Adopt ~

mcghee45baby

~ Oh Crumbs! I Don't Know What I'm Doing?! ~

t2009

~ Waiting with Special Circumstances ~

laurela
MountainMama2Be
MsBe
unuselyriver

~ Recent BFPs! ~

August- Wilhelmina

July- sleepymama

June- alivewithyou

May- liladancing

April - LilyTiger, NSmomtobe , LaylasMommy2011, lmevans

March - granolamommie, Harmony96

February - Kaliakra, jesepumpkin, mamacatsbaby , rosie2727 , wengrin

January - RainbowAsylum, Right of Passage

December - taichimom

November - NSmomtobe , Arabelle , piratemere

October - MommatoGray , OSTC

September - eazar , Jesepumpkin

~ In Our Thoughts ~
(If you're in this group, we haven't heard from you in a while. Stop by and give us an update if you can.)

ilovemykiddos
MountainMamaGC
gelato
lollie2357
Alivewithyou
Redmom
mamacatsbaby

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 

Last edited by unuselyriver; 08-30-2014 at 09:27 AM.
#2 of 49 Old 08-04-2014, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

sorry guys i forgot to put august in the tiled and i dont know how to change it

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#3 of 49 Old 08-04-2014, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a miscarriage on June 26 and my recovery has been a little rough. I had a lot of blood loss. My cycle returned three weeks and one day later and it was scary heavy for several days. I was getting lightheaded and weak and needed time to recoup. I was eating lots of leafy greens and bloody steaks. I still eat a bunch of kale everyday. I have it growing in my yard. My hemoglobin was around 9.2. Although I felt worse after I tested - so I imagine it hit below 9. I'm feeling better, almost back to normal. My hemoglobin went up to 9.8 last week, so thankfully it's rising.

My dh and I are not trying or avoiding to get pregnant, so there may be a chance I'm pregnant again. I ovulated late last week. Also, I'm concerned I may have had low progesterone during my recent pregnancy loss. I had spotting from the start of my pregnancy and continued off/on until I miscarried at 10 weeks. There was a heartbeat at 6 weeks and the baby was developing normally. I'm nursing my 18 month old (a lot!) and don't know if that is impacting my progesterone levels. I am nervous to take any supplements or creams - I would prefer to not use them. I will ask my midwife to maybe test for progesterone to see if the levels are normal.

I do hope for another baby, but am very grateful for the children I have.

Just FYI...I still had high hcg levels when I ovulated 13 days after my miscarriage. My level was an 8 almost two weeks after that, which was the fourth day of my period. My midwife was really surprised that I still had hcg in my blood. She said women can't ovulate unless their hcg is below 5. She said there are exceptions to that obviously.
#4 of 49 Old 08-04-2014, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
@bfw0729

Thanks for new thread @unuselyriver !
Pease move me to Waiting with special circumstances Newly pregnant friend is visiting. Struggling emotionally. Trying to be a good friend.
#5 of 49 Old 08-05-2014, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
@MsBe Hugs and lots of strength!
@unuselyriver Thanks for the thread!
@bfw0729 I'm really sorry for your loss. Hang in there. Take good care of yourself.

I am on CD 28 today. Lots of CM, pelvic discomfort, very moody, short fuse, heightened sense of smell (I'm taking a carpet to the drycleaners because of that). I've ordered 5 cheapies over the internet some days ago... If I dont get my period by Friday, I'll be testing. I'm nervous, conflicted, and stressing out a bit.

Proud mommy to our stellar Stella (3/2011). 
#6 of 49 Old 08-05-2014, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

i have move you msbe and i am sorry you are haven a hard time

#7 of 49 Old 08-05-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

update till here

#8 of 49 Old 08-05-2014, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
@bfw0729 - I had low P with my last MC (we didn't test it with the first pregnancy which ended in an MC as well) and my naturopath has me on a natural P supplement throughout my cycle and I take a prescription P after O.

AFM - I'm at 7DPO. DH and I had a great camping trip with friends and now we need to get the spare bedroom in shape for my sister to move in at the end of the month so I'll be nice and busy and won't have time to symptom spot.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#9 of 49 Old 08-05-2014, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you guys for your suggestions and kind gestures/words. I'm thankful that I'm feeling better. Do you know of any progesterone creams or supplements that have the fewest number of ingredients - like maybe one or two! I don't like taking things with multiple ingredients, I have had reactions in the past, even to things that are "natural" or real. I would prefer to use food as a way to increase progesterone levels if possible. Anyway, I will likely test in a few days if I'm pregnant again. If I am, I will consider weaning my little one, although she and I have a great breastfeeding relationship. She has been great since hour one.
#10 of 49 Old 08-06-2014, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hey everyone. I spoke way too soon. Miscarrying again. Not sure when we will try again--waiting for this one to be over. Just had the bad news at a u/s today but I'm not spotting or bleeding yet or anything. I hope it doesn't take too long
#11 of 49 Old 08-06-2014, 02:33 PM

@Sleepymama so sorry you are going through this.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif
#12 of 49 Old 08-07-2014, 06:47 AM

@Sleepymama Hugs! I am really sorry to hear that! How cruel ... I hope your recovery is fast. Take good care of yourself!
#13 of 49 Old 08-07-2014, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

AWWW SLEEPYMAMA i am so sorry to hear that i hope you peace and healing

#14 of 49 Old 08-08-2014, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

well i am moving my self to waiting with Special Circumstances till we find out more of what is going to happen with are daughter we go to her heart doc in oct to see what they want to do they told us that they where probable going to go in and repair the whole in her heart cause it is make the right side of her heart get to big

#15 of 49 Old 08-08-2014, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

i will still keep the thread and come on and update it so you ladies dont have to worry about that and who knows maybe we will still may get pregnant we are not going to try but we are not prevent either

#16 of 49 Old 08-11-2014, 08:07 AM

@unuselyriver I hope everything goes well with you daughter

#17 of 49 Old 08-11-2014, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

thanks anna1979

#18 of 49 Old 08-12-2014, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I'm finally back after two busy months of work this summer. We are still trying, I think I just ovulated yesterday so I am waiting to know again. Hoping we got our timing better this month, but I missed a few days of temping so I'm not sure. Time will tell, I guess. Looking forward to being more present here now that I am less busy.
#19 of 49 Old 08-12-2014, 02:21 PM

Hello All! For a while there I wasn't getting updates from this thread so I re-subscribed and hopefully it will start notifying me again.
@unuselyriver That stuff with your DD's heart sounds scary. Will be sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Totally understandable that you should want to wait on all-out TTC until you get it all worked out. Thanks for keeping up the board this month.
@Sleepymama So sorry to hear that you are going through this again. I hope everything resolves itself for you soon.
@Wilhelmina Thanks for the support mama. How is your little Stella doing these days? Things sounded pretty hopeful for you last time you posted; did you test? Did AF show up? What's happening?
@Anna1979 Lovely to hear that your camping trip went well. I love camping. How exciting that your sister is moving in! Is it a long term move? Does she get on well with your DH?
@bfw0729 Glad to read that you are recovering. Have you tested yet? (Another cliffhanger from last week. This thread has been far too quiet lately.)
@ememers Welcome back! I've also been ridiculously lax on the temping/ charting this summer. Fx for you this month.

AFM It has been a crazy-busy-stressful couple of weeks. We had our big annual party on August 2 so I spent the week prior cleaning and cooking and of course, running. We had 5 adults and 4 kids stay over with us that weekend. And then my friend stayed for the rest of the next week, with her bf joining us on the following weekend.
Since finding a bruise on my big toe I bought a new pair of running shoes, then ran in them a few times and developed pains from my lower back to my toe knuckles. Luckily they let me exchange them for a pair more similar to my last pair but my calfs & shins are still so painful that I skipped my run today. I think I may either do some walking or some yoga this evening instead. I'm not sure if I shared here before that I went to see a new TCM fella and he has diagnosed me as having a deficiency in Kidney Yin. He said that I needed to cut back on the running and I am starting to feel ready for that. Maybe all the stress and sleep deprivation and go-go-going these last couple of weeks is partly to blame but the 90 min runs I was doing a few weeks ago felt exhilarating and the 2 hr run I did this past week mostly felt grueling.
It was pretty hard not to try this month. I am like a pavlovian dog, trained to see EW and immediately seek out DH. It has taken conscious effort to stay away from him. I should O in the next day or two and then I can remind him of what he's been missing.
I thought it was going to hard to be with my pregnant friend but it was actually really fun. I started imagining if it would be a girl or a boy and how it would look and how fun it would be to see her belly grow and see her expression when she felt it kick. Since she has no family in this country and her relationship with her bf is not too stable, I told her she could come stay with us during the birth and weeks following if she needed support. It was fun taking care of her and making her all sorts of good things to eat. I bought her two pregnancy books and we did some gentle prenatal yoga together. Everything was bliss and then on Wednesday evening she started spotting. I told her that it might be nothing and then I went to my own room to cry. Late Thursday night she miscarried and I felt almost as terrible as if it had been me. I had let myself get so excited over this new baby, and it wasn't even my baby, I don't know how I'll bear it if it happens again to me. I felt so helpless. But I was glad that I could be there for her and care for her as she grieved and I really hope she gets pregnant again soon. On a happier note, I was skeptical before meeting her bf but he turned out to be a really wonderful and considerate guy. He was a superstar with DS and that counts for a lot in my book.
#20 of 49 Old 08-12-2014, 03:24 PM

@MsBe She's moving in with us for 10 months. She just broke up with her boyfriend and had been living with him and renting out her condo and she had just resigned her lease a few months before and basically there is no way for her to get them out. She looked at renting a place but with her dog it would be pretty expensive and most likely a shared place anyways so this way we all get to save a little money since she'll pay us rent but it will be less then renting a place. She and DH get along really well and treat each other like siblings. I think she's the sister he never had and he's the brother she always wanted.

AFM - AF showed her ugly face this am so I am back to waiting to O.

#21 of 49 Old 08-12-2014, 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=unuselyriver;17903554]well i am moving my self to waiting with Special Circumstances till we find out more of what is going to happen with are daughter we go to her heart doc in oct to see what they want to do they told us that they where probable going to go in and repair the whole in her heart cause it is make the right side of her heart get to big

Does she have a vsd? My son has tetralogy of fallot (which is a complicated defect --vsd is one part of it) he has had 3 open heart surgeries and just had a valve replacement through a cath 2 weeks ago. Let me know if you want to know more what to expect for surgery. My son has always had pretty smooth surgeries. It's no picnic and it's stressful but it can go smoothly. No complications. How old is she? My son had his surgeries at 2 weeks, 3 months, and 5 years. He's 11 now.
#22 of 49 Old 08-12-2014, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

[quote=Sleepymama;17914746]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unuselyriver View Post
well i am moving my self to waiting with Special Circumstances till we find out more of what is going to happen with are daughter we go to her heart doc in oct to see what they want to do they told us that they where probable going to go in and repair the whole in her heart cause it is make the right side of her heart get to big

Does she have a vsd? My son has tetralogy of fallot (which is a complicated defect --vsd is one part of it) he has had 3 open heart surgeries and just had a valve replacement through a cath 2 weeks ago. Let me know if you want to know more what to expect for surgery. My son has always had pretty smooth surgeries. It's no picnic and it's stressful but it can go smoothly. No complications. How old is she? My son had his surgeries at 2 weeks, 3 months, and 5 years. He's 11 now.
she has an asd but it has not change since she has been born and it is cause blood to flow back in to the right side of her heart and it is making that side to big she also has a narrow pulmonary artery as well if you have any info on it all i would like it

#23 of 49 Old 08-12-2014, 06:29 PM

Ah ok. My son also has an ASD and was missing his pulmonary valve. One of his pulmonary arteries was hypoplastic (very small). They did a big repair when he was 3 mo to fix the holes and patch up the valve area.

The ASD repair is pretty straightforward--they sew a piece of velour in there and let it heal. For the artery, it depends on how narrow. For my son they put in a stent and he just had that stent ballooned when they did the valve replacement. They generally don't so anything unless that side is getting minimal blood flow. It's likely to grow and fix itself. Seeing them after surgery is the worst--it gets better from there.

How old is she? I am not sure you said. That will affect how she responds to surgery. In general, it was scarier the younger he was, but harder to help him cope as he got older because he understood more.
But the longest he ever had to stay in the hospital post surgery was 5 days. He was out of cardiac ICU in 24 hours. You can PM me if you want too. Do you belong to little hearts.org? There are lots of parent support organizations--more now than when my son was born. You can probably connect with other parents at your hospital through a support group too. Sometimes you read a lot of scary stories from other parents on the net. There are a lot of sick kids out there with complicated problems. But it sounds like your DD will have a one time fix and I think waiting to do a surgery is worse than just getting it over with so (( )) to you and I hope it's quick and easy!!
#24 of 49 Old 08-12-2014, 06:37 PM

I forgot to add--I still thought I was viably pregnant during this cath procedure a couple weeks ago and it was SO hard to be in the children's hospital on the cardiac floor with very very sick babies thinking about the heart that was forming in my baby. So many memories and not good ones either

And of course that is the week this baby stopped growing.

So yeah I highly recommend waiting to TTC until you're through this. You will be sick to your stomach enough as it is.
#25 of 49 Old 08-12-2014, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

she is 9 months old surgery is kind of scare me but then again it would make me feel better to just get it done and no i dont belong to any group for kids with heart problems and i am so so sorry for your loss it just makes me want to cry no stop when i hear a wanted baby has pass away

#26 of 49 Old 08-15-2014, 10:41 AM

@MsBe I am so sorry to hear about your friend ... That must have been so horribly hard to go through all that with her. You are one amazing friend for sure.

Ladies, I am pregnant. And let me tell you - the past week has been one of the most stressful ones of my entire life as I also got a ROOT CANAL the day I found out I was pregnant (with an x-ray and all that jazz). I also found out that for three weeks prior to that I had a devitalization insert in my tooth containing paraformaldehyde, so I was scared like heck until I rang a former dentist of mine who assured me that there is absolutely no risk to the pregnancy with either the root canal that one x-ray nor the devitalization insert. So, now I'm finally breathing a little more easy ... it's been a tour de force for sure.

All we really have is faith and hope at any point, so I have to learn to accept that - that I have no control, over anything ... pretty much ever. Haha. That was a nervous 'haha' right there.

Anyway, I decided to focus on all the good things and stop worrying as that won't help anything anyway ...

Here is my BFP progression, the last one - the strongest one - I peed on just an hour ago.

I really hope this one is the ONE and will have a baby in my arms in April 2015 (my EDD, is, btw, just a day after my D&C this year - insane, huh?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (83.4 KB, 6 views)

#27 of 49 Old 08-15-2014, 03:11 PM

@Wilhelmina ! That is great news! Congrats, congrats, congrats mama! What beautiful synchronicity on your EDD! Hope you'll still check in on us and let us know how your progressing. Sending sticky baby vibes
@Anna1979 Bummer that AF showed up, but it sounds like it's gonna be great fun to have your sister around. How lovely that she & your DH are close.
@unuselyriver Surgery on such a small babe has gotta be heartrending. Sending you strength.
#28 of 49 Old 08-15-2014, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Wilhelmina

#29 of 49 Old 08-15-2014, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

thanks msbe it is hard to think about but i know god will take care of my rainbow

#30 of 49 Old 08-15-2014, 11:41 PM

@unuselyriver I am really sorry that you have to be dealing with something so hard. I can't imagine ...
@Sleepymama I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Thank you, ladies. I'm trying not to get overexcited right now - focusing on taking it easy. So far, no overt pregnancy symptoms, so I'm just relying on the cheapie hpts and the fact AF hasn't arrived.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page