Mothering Forum banner

Hope, Healing, and Conceiving September 2014

4K views 48 replies 9 participants last post by  MsBe 
#1 · (Edited)
Continued from the Hope, Healing and Conceiving - August 2014 thread.

This thread is meant for anyone who wishes to conceive after a loss or is planning to conceive and/or needs support with healing after a loss. In other words, you don't necessarily have to be actively TTC in order to post here.

If you'd like to be added to the thread or want to change your information, please make requests in bold or PM me. If you have an online chart (TCOYF, Fertlility Friend) and would like it linked with your name on the list, post the link and add the icon in your post.

Healing and fertile vibes all around!

~ Waiting to O ~

loba
MsBe
DungeonQueen

~ Waiting to Know ~

t2009
Sleepymama
Anna1979

~ Waiting to Adopt ~

mcghee45baby

~ Oh Crumbs! I Don't Know What I'm Doing?! ~

~ Waiting with Special Circumstances ~

laurela
MountainMama2Be
unuselyriver

~ Recent BFPs! ~

September- ememers

August- Wilhelmina

July- sleepymama

June- alivewithyou

May- liladancing

April - LilyTiger, NSmomtobe , LaylasMommy2011, lmevans

March - granolamommie, Harmony96

February - Kaliakra, jesepumpkin, mamacatsbaby , rosie2727 , wengrin

January - RainbowAsylum, Right of Passage

December - taichimom

November - NSmomtobe , Arabelle , piratemere

October - MommatoGray , OSTC

September - eazar , Jesepumpkin

~ In Our Thoughts ~
(If you're in this group, we haven't heard from you in a while. Stop by and give us an update if you can.)

Melinda1980
bfw0729
rosie2727
Radiowave
ilovemykiddos
MountainMamaGC
gelato
lollie2357
Alivewithyou
Redmom
mamacatsbaby

See less See more
#2 ·
CD9 here. But I am feeling a little torn about whether to try this cycle or not. Saw TCM guy today and got a new herbal concoction to take over the next three weeks until I can get back to see him again. Had the most painful acupuncture I've ever experienced. Just after he left the room to mix my herbs I stretched my right hand and had a horrible shooting/ throbbing pain along the meridian inside my forearm. Was able to breathe through it and by the time he returned it had subsided. Told him what had happened and he said it was a good thing since it meant a block had been cleared. Overall, he seemed to think everything looked pretty good. Said my chi and blood both seemed strong which was encouraging. I really, really want to conceive this fall. It will be two years in Dec since my last conception and I am growing a wee bit impatient. Nov or Dec would be ideal but i'll take anything between now and March and be delighted. Tomorrow a dear friend from college is coming to visit me for a week. I haven't seen him since my wedding four years ago and hardly got to enjoy his company then so I am just over the moon that we will have a whole week together. On Thursday I will go to my first appointment with the Viseral Therapist. I have been researching Viseral Manipulation since making the appointment and it sounds so promising.
@ememers Sorry AF showed up. I am hoping for a late summer/ early fall baby too. The first two times I got pregnant on the second month trying which does make the long wait this time worrisome for me too. I agree that putting the reins in the hands of an expert does seem to offer a welcome respite on this harrowing journey. I have a good friend IRL who had success with IUI. Hope you get some answers soon.
@Anna1979 Yay for O' ing on your anni! Seems like a promising omen. And what a sweet testament to your love if this cycle proves fruitful! FX for you!
@t2009 Plenty of stories out there about women catching that golden egg on a cycle that seemed less than promising. Sorry you are still feeling haunted by last month's miss. Lucky baby dust back at 'cha!
@Sleepymama Good to hear that the bleeding has finally stopped. Wouldn't it be lovely if we were all in a DDC for next summer!
@DungeonQueen Hope the pain is easing up, or even better disappeared altogether. I wonder if doing a castor oil pack might help speed along any healing?
@unuselyriver Thanks again for keeping the thread last month. Hope things work out for your little rainbow and you are back here TTC with us again soon.

#4 ·
Do you have a surgery date yet uriver? Hoping all goes smoothly. I'm sorry you have to go through it. It's so hard :(

I'm trying to get used to the new mobile format so I'm sorry I can't see or remember names. They gave me a follow up appt with a resident I've never seen before and I'm annoyed. I thought I was seeing the RE this time. Has anyone here heard of "hyperfertility"? (Not a good thing). I think that's what I have. There was a British study a couple years ago that linked recurrent first trimester miscarriages in women who get pregnant often and easily to their uterine lining accepting all embryos, even abnormal ones. Normal women's lining will reject abnormal embryos but hyperfertile women will allow anything to implant. This fits my history. 6 pregnancies, only one genetically normal. Pregnant on the first try 4 times. 4 1st tri losses, 3 were before a heartbeat. I don't have chromosome results yet for this loss but if it's abnormal the others probably were too. And with my son's birth defect- we don't have a genetic diagnosis but he has a multitude of issues that there must be some unknown genetic cause.

I am not sure what to do about it though. You would think getting pregnant on the first try would be great, but each time I lose one I lose 3-6 months of TTC. Plus the symptoms and worry and the actual loss and all that. I would rather just not get pregnant until a good one comes along :(. I read progesterone from ovulation can make the uterine lining more picky so it is harder for an abnormal embryo to implant but this doc I am seeing doesn't prescribe it or even test progesterone unless you're an IVF patient. They are the only RE in the area too :( I had P suppositories with my only healthy baby-my DD. No progesterone in any other pregnancy. I do not think this is a coincidence.

I am going to try co-q-10 for egg quality too but for all I know it's DH's sperm too. It takes two to make a bad zygote.

#5 ·
Do you have a surgery date yet uriver? Hoping all goes smoothly. I'm sorry you have to go through it. It's so hard :(

I'm trying to get used to the new mobile format so I'm sorry I can't see or remember names. They gave me a follow up appt with a resident I've never seen before and I'm annoyed. I thought I was seeing the RE this time. Has anyone here heard of "hyperfertility"? (Not a good thing). I think that's what I have. There was a British study a couple years ago that linked recurrent first trimester miscarriages in women who get pregnant often and easily to their uterine lining accepting all embryos, even abnormal ones. Normal women's lining will reject abnormal embryos but hyperfertile women will allow anything to implant. This fits my history. 6 pregnancies, only one genetically normal. Pregnant on the first try 4 times. 4 1st tri losses, 3 were before a heartbeat. I don't have chromosome results yet for this loss but if it's abnormal the others probably were too. And with my son's birth defect- we don't have a genetic diagnosis but he has a multitude of issues that there must be some unknown genetic cause.

I am not sure what to do about it though. You would think getting pregnant on the first try would be great, but each time I lose one I lose 3-6 months of TTC. Plus the symptoms and worry and the actual loss and all that. I would rather just not get pregnant until a good one comes along :(. I read progesterone from ovulation can make the uterine lining more picky so it is harder for an abnormal embryo to implant but this doc I am seeing doesn't prescribe it or even test progesterone unless you're an IVF patient. They are the only RE in the area too :( I had P suppositories with my only healthy baby-my DD. No progesterone in any other pregnancy. I do not think this is a coincidence.

I am going to try co-q-10 for egg quality too but for all I know it's DH's sperm too. It takes two to make a bad zygote.
Get your DH to take Q10 (that's what my naturopath calls it) as well. When my naturopath suggested it for me she said my DH could take it too since it will help with sperm quality as well. Also zinc helps with male fertility. My DH has been taking both and his SA a few months ago was awesome. Since this was his first we can't say for sure that they helped but they definitely didn't hurt anything.

Reactions: DungeonQueen
#6 ·
Sorry ladies, I need to vent & will catch up on your posts this weekend...

I am so depressed & frustrated as I think I am getting my period. Not only does that mean I'm not pregnant but it would mean my cycle is messed up -- I'm only CD 23. I started spotting on CD 20 & was hopeful it was implantation bleeding but as the days are wearing on I think that's less likely since no other symptoms & bleeding is like it is before my period. I blame myself because I started taking Vitex without first talking to my doc. I was trying to stop the spotting I normally get & lengthen my luteal phase but so much for that!

Also this now means I'll be away form DH during my next "fertile" window and as I think of approaching my lost baby's due date & not being pregnant... It brings up so many raw feelings.

I'm also mad all over again that my DH refused to try last cycle when I felt so many fertile signs.

I seriously don't know what to do with all these emotions. Plus I'm still manically holding onto some shred of hope that I could be pregnant. It's making me crazy. [emoji20]

I know you've all been here or are here now. I hope for so much healing & happiness for all of us.

#7 ·
Morning Everyone, I'm praying for everyone this morning and catching up on the posts.
@MsBe I'm so happy to read about your painful acupuncture, That's what happened to me right before we conceived our 3rd!! and that was my best pregnancy ever. I'm so excited for you. I think the castor oil pack is a great idea I'm not sure why I didn't think about doing one.
@unuselyriver sending hugs for healing.
@Sleepymama I have heard of hyper fertility before but only in context to woman who get pregnant really easy, I didn't know it could be linked to higher rates of miscarriage/abnormal pregnancies. When I was reading your post it made me think of something I had read in the book Eat Right 4 your Baby by Dr Peter D'Adamo its based on blood type he talks about chemical markers called antigens and how the antigens can react to the mans sperm and fetuses attacking them like a foreign intruder. He says this is the cause of genetic abnormalities and miscarriage. He then goes on to say that the majority of miscarriage cases were type A or B babies caused by incompatibility with a type O mother who produces anti-A and anti-B antibodies.So that basically every blood type produces antibodies to another blood type and how to correct this in the body to produce normal pregnancies. I thought it maybe worth looking into. I've also been using a natural progesterone cream made from wild yam to strengthen my uterine lining since my loss, that maybe a safe option for you to boost your progesterone.
@t2009 Hugs hang in there, I'm sad to hear that AF maybe coming because of the Vitex berry, I was also thinking about trying this to regulate my cycles but if your not having any luck with it I may not give it a try. Hold out hope, and be gentle on yourself.

We are CD 13 today and waiting to O. I am also torn if I should wait this cycle out and not try because of the pain issues I'm having, on a positive note I did have some massage therapy done which seems to have lessened the pain. I spoke with my primary doctor Thursday and she referred me to a new OB to look into the cause of the pain but my first appointment isn't for another 2 weeks. I guess I'm just fearful to get pregnant and then find out something really is wrong or that I will need surgery for the scar tissue and not be able to do it because we're pregnant. This journey has been by far the most emotional of my life but I'm going to keep going even if its only one day at a time. I hope everyone has a blessed weekend.

#8 ·
@MsBe, a belated thank you for starting the new thread! How was your visit with your friend? Are you feeling recovered from your race? (Congrats, BTW!!) Have you had any more clarity on whether to try this cycle? That is crazy about the acupuncture! I have had some moments where an insertion was painful but then subsided--but I'm usually too afraid to move! I actually haven't been because it's just too darn expensive for our budget at the moment--I can't swing both the sessions & the herbs right now. But I also wasn't feeling great about it anymore--not sure why, but just not getting as much out of it... I may just be rationalizing it... But I do hope the pain was worth it & you've had a break-through in a blockage that will help you in the long run! And good luck with the Viseral Therapist--It sounds promising! And thanks for the encouragement!
@unuselyriver, I'm thinking of you & your family & I hope all is well. Best wishes.
@Sleepymama, I'm glad to hear that you're physically recovering from your last miscarriage, but I'm so sorry to read that you've been through this 4 times & about the hyperfertility diagnosis. I had never heard of this before, but it is so interesting the connection with progesterone--especially your experience with taking it & your daughter. Armed with this new information, can you find anyone who will support & monitor you while taking progesterone, a regular ole' ob/gyn, even? Were you seeing another doc/RE when you were on it previously? I do so hope that you catch a healthy rainbow soon.
@Anna1979, what does the Q10 help with? I'm leary of trying anything new after my experience with the vitex, but I'm also curious & want to cover all my bases! I'm also trying to get my DH to take a bit of zinc.
@DungeonQueen, hi there & welcome! I'm so, so sorry for your loss, mama. How is the pain? I'm glad the massage therapy seems to have helped, but I'm sorry you have to wait so long for your appointment. I don't know what to say about whether to try or not--I hear you on your concerns that the cause of the pain could interfere with a pregnancy, but I also understand not wanting to wait. That's not at all helpful, but I am sure you will come to the right answer for you. Thank you for your kind & supportive words, too. All I can say about the vitex berry is that it's probably worth talking to someone before taking it. It may be right for you--I've read a lot of good things about it. I just think it may not have been what my body needs right now.

AFM, I'm getting by & feeling a bit better emotionally. I am CD25 & still spotting & have no clue what is going on. It's been 5 days of spotting & it's just been kind of constant the last three days, so it's not feeling like my period is necessarily coming. Friday night, I was convinced I'd get my period, but then it's just been the same, alternating between bright red & darker brown. No other obvious pregnancy signs. Last time, I also had spotting for about a week, but I also had other symptoms. I'm guessing my cycle is whacky, but even if I were pregnant, I'm now realizing how terrifying that would be--this spotting just doesn't seem like a good start & is reminiscent of last time, even if it's not exactly the same. It seems so silly to test while I'm bleeding, but I just want to know one way or another. It's been an emotional roller coaster--One night, the spotting seems to subside & so I get my hopes up; the next day it's back & I'm confused. I have been reading other women's experiences with spotting & vitex berry (Fertility Blend, specifically) & it seems not uncommon to have random spotting & possibly no period, so that's another layer of uncertainty. Trying to take it one day at a time & DH has been helpful in keeping me calm. Also helped that it was a busy but relaxing weekend.

Healing & happiness to you all!

#9 ·
AF showed up this morning. To be honest, I'm just relieved my cycle is "reset." And it held off just long enough that I think I'll be back from my trip in order to try.

I guess that puts me in the "Waiting to O" category.

Also, anyone else lose more hair at the time of AF? I was getting ready this morning & noticed more hair come out than usual. I think I've noticed this in the past as well.

Good luck to those in the TTW!! And better luck next cycle for the rest of us.

#10 ·
Hi mamas,
@t2009, sorry to hear that AF arrived, and for the frustration with spotting before too. I was having a bunch of spotting before my period over the summer and it was so annoying... every time I would convince myself that it was implantation bleeding but then nope. maybe the Fertility Blend was helping your cycle regulate in a way that meant it needed to be wonky for a bit and will be better now? that's how I try to think about it. Do you have a practitioner that could muscle test you for the Fertility Blend? My doctor does that with all my supplements. Some chiropractors do it and acupuncturists maybe too. It feels a little like voodoo to me but I trust my doctor and she trusts it, so I guess I trust it too.
@DungeonQueen, I hope your pain is getting better, sorry that you have to wait so long to be seen! I understand your feelings about not wanting to get pregnant if something is wrong, but I try to believe that if it really were bad for you to be pregnant now, you probably won't get pregnant, kwim? So if you do get pregnant this cycle it's probably a sign that nothing too serious is going on!
@Anna1979, good tips on the CoQ10 and zinc. I'm thinking we might send hubby in for a sperm test soon, just to check and see what's going on with him. Trying to decide if we should start him on some supplements before or do the analysis as a "pre-test" and then supplement and recheck. We'll see.....
@Sleepymama, sorry to hear about the hyperfertility issues. I concur with the advice to talk to a regular ob/gyn about getting some gentle progesterone supplementation. You don't necessarily have to be seeing an RE for that, lots of obs will prescribe it too.
@unuselyriver, hugs, good luck supporting your daughter!
@MsBe, congrats on your race! I have had that happen at acupuncture too, usually when I least expect it I feel a big shock wave go through my whole body. Sometimes even on points that my acupuncturist treats all the time! Strange, but hopefully it means something good is moving in there. :) Good luck with the new therapy, I'd love to hear more about it sometime.

AFM, I think I'm still waiting to O. I started to worry that I wasn't ovulating in my cycles, even though I've been getting a consistent temp shift, so this cycle I bought OPKs for the first time. I got a positive (high fertility) on Friday and Saturday and then peak fertility on Sunday, so I was expecting to wake up to a temperature shift today, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm really hoping my temp goes up tomorrow, or I'll be super confused if the OPK results don't match my temperatures. We've been trying pretty consistently, almost every night since the first positive OPK. We've probably been trying too much because hubby couldn't finish one of the nights. I got SO MAD! Ugh. It's like, this is the only part you have to play in this entire process and you can't manage it! I know, so irrational and so mean. I tried to hide my anger as well as I could, but I know hubby could tell. I felt bad afterwards. It's just that it takes a lot of energy for me to gear up for the idea of having sex, it's not my favorite activity these days, so it's frustrating when it feels like it was all for nothing. Oh well, I hope we can try once more tonight and then get a temp shift tomorrow and then on to the TWW.

This cycle is basically our last chance for a while. Next month hubby will be out of town during my window (story of our life) and it will also be the one year anniversary of our twins' birth and death next month too, so I don't even know if we will be up for trying. After that we run into timing issues with a summer due date, because I work out of state every summer at a job I love, so I can't be due in the summer. (Eventually, if we keep having a hard time getting pregnant, I will let that go and just be happy with a pregnancy whenever it might happen, but for now I'm trying to maintain the things that matter in my life and my summers are important to me.) So that means waiting until spring, probably around March or so, before trying again. If we wait that long, I'm going to start seeing an RE in the early spring and get some tests done to try to get some answers so we have a plan of attack before starting to try, either on our own or IUI, in the spring. So that's the plan. I'm happy to have a plan, and I know that six months can go by quickly. But I was so hoping to be pregnant by my twins' first anniversary, so that's going to be hard.

Hang in there mamas!

#13 ·
Ugh, @MsBe, that sucks!! Better luck next time, hope all is well with you.

I think I O'd so I guess I'm Waiting to Know. Not looking forward to this TWW! This is our last chance for a few months. I'm not feeling very hopeful, to be honest. We had some performance issues this month and I'm confused about my chart and whether it lines up with the OPKs I used for the first time this month. I am not super consistent with my temping, because I really like to sleep and don't want to set an alarm (I know, I know....) so I'm confused to say the least. I know I should just relax, I'll find out soon enough either way. We are going to NYC for the weekend next weekend, so I'll probably test before we leave unless I can tell AF is coming. We'll see.

#14 ·
Hello, ladies!
@ememers, sorry you've had to deal with the spotting too. It really does mess with you! I also thought maybe the Fertility Blend *was* working & that's why my cycle changed on me but I already stopped taking it & will do more research before I start it up again. I've never done the muscle testing but will look into it, thanks--maybe my acupuncturist does it. What type of practitioner do you use?

I'm really REALLY hoping this is it for you since you won't be able to try again for a while! And before your twins' anniversary. Did you pinpoint when you O'd? I get you on the irrational anger part--it seems they just don't get it at times & it can be totally unintentional (& sometimes beyond their control). Sometimes DH sends a vibe like we're trying too much & I'm like, hello! you're always after me so now's good! Good for you for catching yourself before being too mean! ;) Glad you have a plan but I'm really hoping it happens before then!

I have no advice re the OPKs but hopefully they were accurate. Keep us updated!

Sorry if that's jumbled... Trying to respond to both your posts! :)
@MsBe, sorry you lost your post! So frustrating.
@Anna1979, I'm waiting for the next round along side you!

Positive vibes & baby dust to you all!

#15 ·
I O'd on the 11th So I guess we are waiting to know as well ememers. I also tried OPK for the first time and I have to say they are more then a little confusing it seems like I would get a little color one day and then nothing the next day and then back to a little color again. I guess I though it would build up, like the line would go from lighter to darker as the days progresses on till it was darker then the reference line. I think maybe I will try the digital ones on my next cycle, everyone says they are easier to read. However by bbt chart did line up with the OPK test and my temp did rise the next day so I'm crossing my fingers for this to be it. This is gonna be a long TWW, I'm so impatient.:1praying

http://www.mothering.com/forum/members/127586-ememers.html

#16 ·
@DungeonQueen, I'm glad to know that the OPKs were confusing for you too! I used the digital ones last month--I just knew the non-digitals would be too confusing and frustrating so I jumped right to the digitals. This is my last chance cycle for a while, so I told myself it would be worth it. We'll see if it made any difference.

I'm starting to think my thermometer is crap (the one I use for temping in the morning). I took two temperatures one right after the other this morning and they were 0.3 degrees different. Anyone have a good thermometer to recommend?

One thing I have been doing for the past couple of months is listening to guided meditation throughout my cycle. I think about getting pregnant ALL THE TIME and I felt like I was obsessing over it, so I thought it might be good to try to channel my thoughts in a positive way. I have been using a program from Circle + Bloom that I really like, it has different guided meditations for every day of your cycle. They are about 20 minutes long, and I just load them onto my ipod and listen before I'm going to bed. I think it helps me sleep well too. They also have programs for medicated cycles and IUI and IVF, and I'll definitely get those if we end up doing IUI if we aren't pregnant by the spring.

Here is a link to get 15% off if you want to try it: http://circlebloom.refr.cc/FCZSM2T

Hope everyone is doing well....

#18 ·
I just got a new thermometer. It's the BD one. It seems to be good.

We did not prevent, and I ovulated finally on Friday, so I'm waiting to know. I am still getting very very faint BFPs- so faint they can barely be seen. So I will probably wait until I'm close to 12-13dpo to test. I got an early BFP at 9dpo last time but it was faint so I'm worried I won't know if it's new or not.
Also have RE/OB post D&C check on Thursday. Hoping to get them to commit to progesterone if I get a BFP.

Reactions: DungeonQueen
#19 ·
Hello Mamas- Sorry I have been so absent, I get so bummed out when I lose a post. Silly, but true. Thank you guys for the congrats on my race. I remain really glad that I did it even though today was the first day I woke up and stepped out of bed without searing pain in my calf. Hooray for healing. :joy The visit with my friend was wonderful but exhausting. (Another night owl taxing my early bird system!) He is my oldest friend and I hadn't seen him in years. It was incredibly gratifying to reflect on who we were when we met (as teenagers) and who and where we are now in our lives 20 years on. It really helped me to see all the wonderful that is happening in my life right now instead of focusing on what, I perceive, is lacking.
@Sleepymama I have heard of hyperfertility. It sounds heartbreaking. I, too, would be frustrated over the time lost TTC. Although there is the benefit of knowing that you can (and most likely will) get pregnant again. I take CoQ10 (sometimes- I read it is much more effective if you are exercising so I usually only take it if I work out- my own kooky money-saving plan :nut) I figure I'm in it for the long game since I'd like two more children and am 37 now, so anything that promotes egg health is a winner for me. But I am also wondering how much I can do without knowing if DH has any compromising issues. If we don't have any success by Jan/ Feb we will be checking it out. Good luck with your RE/OB appt.
@Anna1979 How nice that your DH will take supplements! My DH is still working his way through the ONE month multi I bought him almost FOUR months ago. :shake I feel like a nag reminding him about it but he literally never takes it when I don't. How's it going with your new living arrangement? Is your sister much support on the TTC front? I think everyone in my family feels tired of or awkward about talking about it.
@t2009 Bummer about all the spotting. I think I have read that Vitex (like a lot of herbal therapies) can take a few months of adjustment (but I'm no expert!) I haven't ever tried it because my understanding is that it is pretty potent stuff. It's good news that timing should work out for this cycle though. And at least DH is on board again. :thumb
@DungeonQueen Your words on the painful acupuncture have given me a little hope for this cycle. Thank you. I tried a castor oil pack before O this cycle for the first time. I really, really, really want to get pregnant before the two year mark (since my failed pregnancy) so I'm pulling out all the stops these next few cycles. I'm glad the massage lessened your pain. I want to ask the massage therapist I went to a few times while I was training for my race if she does any kind of fertility massage but for some reason I am reluctant to admit to yet another person how worried I am that we haven't achieved another pregnancy yet. On one hand I know having the most comprehensive care team would be best, but on the other hand I just cannot yet accept that it won't "just happen" if we give it some more time. What is this natural progesterone cream that you take? Like I said, I'm ready to pull out all the stops...
@ememers Thanks for the link for the meditations. I haven't checked it out yet but I am very interested. More meditation has been on my to-do list for a bit. Ugh, OPKs make me batty. And I'm not the greatest temper either. :shrug I usually do 3 temps in a row and make a guess for my chart because they vary wildly. Maybe my thermometer sucks too. Maybe it's me. I am so sorry to hear of your approaching anniversary :Hug. I am keeping FX for you this cycle but if this isn't the one I will probably be right there with you in going the RE route this spring. Oh, and what is muscle testing? Never heard of that (and so little time to look things up these days...)

#20 ·
AFM So I was completely freaking out because I couldn't get a good temp rise until CD18 and the latest I'd O'd before was CD17 but now things are on the up and up so I am feeling reassured that at least I o'd this cycle... We DTD either O day or -1 (confusing temps) so I think we may have some chance but I am trying not to be too hopeful and just take this as a warm-up month. If I get pregnant before the new year I will be elated. And overall I feel pretty positive that this is our season. My visit with the visceral therapist was very nice. She really took her time and spent about an hour and a half pressing on my organs and manipulating my legs/ hips/ etc.. It was not what I expected (I thought it would be more kneading/ massaging whereas it was more of a pressing/ moving sort of thing) but it was very invigorating and at the same time relaxing experience. I have been told repeatedly by my chiropractor that my left hip and sacrum were rather stiff, and this practitioner had the same assessment, but by the time I left I definitely felt more movement and freedom in that area. I made an appointment for post AF/ pre-O time next cycle. Assuming, of course, that AF comes... Getting pregnant October thru December would be ideal but I'm still kinda hoping for this time around...

#21 ·
@MsBe The new living arrangement is working out quite well. We all get along so that helps. She's a great support when I need to talk. My whole family is very supportive but they live 13 hours away. I'm pretty open with my mom and sisters about things since they're good about giving me my privacy when I need it but being available when I need to talk.

#23 ·
Sorry this will probably be an abbreviated version of what I had written originally...
@DungeonQueen, how's the TTW going? I hope you're staying busy & distracted! Sorry, no experience with the OPKs.
@ememers, good luck on your TTW, too! I like my thermometer & will try to find a link (don't want to navigate away & risk losing my post!).

Meditation is great! I've been doing a lot myself in the past couple weeks & it helps SOOO much. Just remembering to breathe helps calm my anxieties about getting preggo. But I'm definitely intrigued by the program you linked to!

Thich Nhat Hanh wrote something beautiful on his own mother's miscarriage. When I have the book in front of me I'll try to write it down here.
@Anna1979, good luck! And I'm glad the new living situation is working well. I hear you on feeling like others are getting tired of me taking about it. I definitely get the vibe from some folks that they expect it to all be behind me at this point, which is weird.
@Sleepymama, I'm also crossing my fingers for you & I hope the appointment goes well. I'm sure it would bring you great comfort to know your doctors would offer progesterone when you're pregnant again.
@MsBe, glad to hear you're recovered from your race. And that's so nice that your friend's visit was a reminder of all that is good in your life now.

The visceral therapy sounds fascinating. I hope it brings you healing & fertility!

And I'm betting you're right about the vitex, but I've been off it this cycle now. We'll see how it goes & I'll reassess if the next couple cycles don't pan out.

AFM, I'm heading home & I hope it's not too late! I'm only on cycle day 11 but I've had fertile CM since day 9 & slight spotting on day 8 & a slight temp rise today. But I did have to wake up super early & sat up before I remembered to temp (I usually do it before even turning on the light or taking the covers off). Obviously, that would be very bad if I were ovulating so early so I'm just really hoping my body is just gearing up.

Hopeful! And I can't wait to get home.

Good luck all!!

#24 ·
Please move me to waiting to know. According to FF I O'd on Tuesday. DH and I BD'd Monday and Tuesday. I just reallized tha this cycle is almost exactly the same in terms of dates as the one I had at this time last year when I got my first BFP which ended in an MC. I really thought that I would be again by now so seeing that this morning really bummed me out.

#26 ·
So, big temp shift this morning! I'm only CD 12!! But maybe temp shift due to travel & time change & fighting something off?! Maybe I miscalculated the first day of my cycle with all the spotting?! In all honesty though I'm worried since I definitely had less fertile CM yesterday than prior days.

#27 ·
Afternoon Mamas
@MsBe - I'm using Doctors Naturals- Progesterone cream its made from wild yam. I got it from my chiropractors he recommends it for some of our other patients and said it would be a safe progesterone for me to use while we are TTC. The visceral therapy sounds interesting and positive.
@t2009 ugh the waiting is killing me and I cant find anything to distract me from thinking about it, I swear I'm having pregnancy symptoms that I keep trying to talk myself out of, I feel like they could just be in my head cause I want it so badly. As you can tell I'm going stir crazy. It could be the time change that is throwing off your temp ? or the spotting like you said, but its hard to say if it stays up or becomes a fever I would say you caught a bug while you were traveling. :Hug Hugs hang in there.
@Anna1979 I'm sorry, hoping this is the one for you, sending you love and good vibes :love :goodvibes
@ememers Hope your TWW is going by faster then mine?
@Sleepymama sending good vibes :goodvibes for your BFP and I hope they give you the progesterone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.