Mothering Forum banner

Ovulating after a miscarriage

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Katherine_walker 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!
A month ago I had a miscarriage. Just got a period... How would u know if ur ovulating? I know u can go online and check.... But in my case how can u tell? They ask how many days before next period. I can't answer bc I just got a period lol... We want to start trying again. Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm sorry for your recent loss, There is no way to know if you already ovulated the last cycle but there are a few ways to help determine your next ovulation. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/videos.html

First would be to track your basal body temperature and chart them each day until you see a rise in temperature, indicating ovulation has occurred.

Second to check your cervical mucus as your cycle progresses since your body will typically produce a wet/slippery mucus similar to the consistency of egg whites when ovulation happens.

Third option would be to buy some OPK's (ovulation prediction kit) these are test strips that you can use to predict ovulation with hormones in your urine. Any one of these methods would work but the combination of all three would help you to quickly pin point ovulation day.

best wishes on your TTC journey and you are always welcome to join the Hope Healing & conceiving forum for more support.

#3 ·
I am in the same situation. I miscarried before it could turn into anything just after my expected period (chemical pregnancy) and I was told I can ttc two weeks after the bleeding stops.
Which would bring me back to my normal cycle pretty much. I use an app called Kindara to chart and it helps to know when you are fertile. I would still take a over the counter test too though since your body might be out of balance a bit.
BUT they do say you are especially fertile one cycle after a failed pregnancy.

#5 ·
Back to update:
I conceived 2 days after the bleeding stopped and just got a BFP. Surprised everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.