TTC wait period after stillbirth or live birth (VERY INTERESTING!!) - Mothering Forums
Trying To Conceive After Loss > TTC wait period after stillbirth or live birth (VERY INTERESTING!!)
trinh86's Avatar trinh86 07:31 PM 08-08-2008
Hi gals!

I'm plannin on ttc in a few weeks. I have not gotten my period yet and am worried about conceiving too early because my body may not have healed yet. Well, I came upon this finding and wanted to share with all of you who are trying to conceive but are scared to try because it's too early!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_kepm410823

(HealthDay is the new name for HealthScoutNews.)

New research offers hope -- and surprising advice -- for women who have suffered a stillbirth or have already had one child and want to become pregnant again.

The length of time between pregnancies may play an important role in predicting the risk of stillbirth and neonatal death -- the longer you wait, the higher the risk.

That's the finding of a Swedish study involving more than 400,000 women, reported in the July issue of Obstetrics and Gynecology . The research, which found that waiting three months or less between pregnancies reduces

trinh86's Avatar trinh86 08:05 PM 08-08-2008
Anyone Find This Interesting Or Contradicting What A Health Provider Says?
love14's Avatar love14 04:13 PM 08-09-2008
even when I clicked on the link....but I have received such conflicting advice from doctors about how long to wait I just decided to do it when we were ready. One doctor told me to wait 6 months to a year, a nurse in the same hospital said to wait 2 cycles and my MW said to just wait until we were past the 6 week mark.
JenMidwife's Avatar JenMidwife 07:27 PM 08-09-2008
I'm interested but also could read the whole article
Up