TTC wait period after stillbirth or live birth (VERY INTERESTING!!) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 08-08-2008, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi gals!

I'm plannin on ttc in a few weeks. I have not gotten my period yet and am worried about conceiving too early because my body may not have healed yet. Well, I came upon this finding and wanted to share with all of you who are trying to conceive but are scared to try because it's too early!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_kepm410823

(HealthDay is the new name for HealthScoutNews.)

New research offers hope -- and surprising advice -- for women who have suffered a stillbirth or have already had one child and want to become pregnant again.

The length of time between pregnancies may play an important role in predicting the risk of stillbirth and neonatal death -- the longer you wait, the higher the risk.

That's the finding of a Swedish study involving more than 400,000 women, reported in the July issue of Obstetrics and Gynecology . The research, which found that waiting three months or less between pregnancies reduces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-08-2008, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone Find This Interesting Or Contradicting What A Health Provider Says?
#3 of 4 Old 08-09-2008, 03:13 PM

even when I clicked on the link....but I have received such conflicting advice from doctors about how long to wait I just decided to do it when we were ready. One doctor told me to wait 6 months to a year, a nurse in the same hospital said to wait 2 cycles and my MW said to just wait until we were past the 6 week mark.

Jenn EDD 3/20/10 with two 3/06 Jaden 06/08
#4 of 4 Old 08-09-2008, 06:27 PM

I'm interested but also could read the whole article

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page