Need PP - if you don't think my prices are fair -->
Cleaning out the bookshelves. Some of these were gifts, others we dicided to go a different route.
MAKE ME AN OFFER!
Shipping will be actual using Media Mail, First Class, Parcel Post or Priority - your choice.
The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood
- Vicki Iovine - Paper Back
- Wise and Witty Advice on Everything from Coping with Postpartum Mood Swings to Salvaging Your Sex Life to Fitting into That Favorite Pair of Jeans -FROM OUR EDITORS
"The sleepless nights, the crying jags, the dripping nipples--she remembers it all. Those memories are delivered with enough humor, honesty and sisterly advice to make Iovine's new book, The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood, a first-time mom's must-have guide." --USA Today "The first year of motherhood brings chaos, uncertainty and great happiness. Vicki Iovine (of Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy fame) and her gang of galpals have just completed The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood, a book this mother of a 1 year old wishes had been available when her daughter was a newborn. I laughed out loud several times while reading this irreverent paean to parenting. Iovine covers the issues that we all worry about (Am I fit to be a mother? I can't even remember where I put the car keys!), probes the unspoken fears (Will I ever have sex again? Will I ever have a navel again?) and guides the reader through the dramatic emotions we experience as we transform from pregnant woman to mother. This is not a book about baby care; it's about caring for the new mom and the new family. Chapters on what it's really like to give birth (and Iovine tells it like it is!), postpartum elation/depression, sleep deprivation, going back to work (or not) and a very frank one on sex make this book invaluable. Single moms might feel a little left out, since lovine is happily married and writes about her husband frequently, but don't let that stand in the way of enjoying this funny, honest new volume. We all need the sympathetic, real-life voices of other mothers to help us through this amazing time, and we can't have too many." -- L. A. ParentRetails for $13.95 (still has the sticker)
- asking $7.00 Reduced to $6.00The Everything Pregnancy Book
- by Maryann Brinley - Your Body, Your Baby and Much More.What every woman needs to know - month-by-month - to ensure a worry free pregnancyretails 10.95 - 12.95
- asking $6.00 Reduced to $5.00Taking Care of Your Child
- by Robet Pantell, James Fries, Donald Vickery - A Parent's Guide to Complete Medical CareA totally revised edition of one of the all-time best-selling childhood medical care references for parents.More than one million families already use Taking Care of Your Child to help keep their children healthy. A completely revised and updated edition of this award-winning book, this sixth edition gives parents clear, practical advice on feeding, medicines, doctor visits, discipline, and all other aspects of raising a healthy child.Taking Care of Your Child is easy to use, even in a crisis. From injuries and allergies, to childhood diseases and everyday worries, simply look up a symptom and find a complete explanation of probable causes, how serious they might be, and how a parent might quickly relieve a child's problem at home. Easy-to-follow decision charts show readers exactly when to see a doctor. Covering more than 100 common complaints with especially clear advice on handling emergencies, Taking Care of Your Child is the health guide every parent should have on hand.Retails for $19.95 - asking $9.00 Reduced to $7.00