Mothering Forum banner

FSOT: Homeschool books: Year by Year, Early Ed, advanced phonics, myths, Creation

384 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  sreese68 
#1 ·
Will take Paypal, check, or money order. Prices do NOT include shipping. Wish list at end.

Home Learning Year by Year, by Rebecca Rupp. How to Design a Homeschool Curriculum from Preschool through High School. GREAT book! Covers what your child needs to cover year by year and gives book suggestions. We ended up with two of these. Good condition. $7. PENDING

The Block Book, edited by Elisabeth Hirsch. Discusses role of buildling blocks in children's learning and play. $3. PENDING

Help Your Baby Learn: 100 Piaget-Based Activities for the First Two Years of Life by Stephen Lehane, c. 1976. $2.

Parent's Guide to Raising a Gifted Toddler: Recognizing and Developing the Potential of your Child from Birth to Five Years by James Alvino. (This book is against too early education and pushing a not-ready child, just FYI.) $3 PENDING

Playful Learning: An Alternate Approach to Preschool (published by La Leche League). Discusses preschool at home (small groups of children.) Previous owner put subject tabs on sides of some pages. $4 PENDING

A Book of Famous Myths and Legends. Hardback. Copyright 1938 (original copyright is 1901). We bought the entire series of books from 1902, so we don't need this one. Book in good condition. My maiden name is written on inside cover. Definitely for an older child. 391 pages. $5.

Creation Astronomy: A Study Guide to the Constellations! (Creation science, so NO evolution - just want to be clear!) This is a unit study guide with activities, games, and experiments suggestions. Section for K-3, 4-8, and 9-12. $5

Teaching Phonics and Word Study in the Intermediate Grades (grades 3-8) by Wiley Blevins. Has quick assessments, lessons, word roots, syllabication, and more. $7.

Videos:
2 from Growing Up Wild Time Life series. Animal videos with corny jokes. My picky children like these, so we bought some on DVD. I have Monkey Business and Kittens and Kaboodles. No dust jackets. $3 for both. Somewhere I have Spouts Ahoy, and if I can find it, will include it for $1 more.

ISO:
Turtle or pony (not horse) woven fabric for girl's backpack
Swim diaper (snap or Velcro) for 28lb ds
Large Darling Diaper pocket with micro inner, hemp outer
Nightlight size 2
Motherease One Size diaper with snap in doubler
Magic Schoolbus software
Animal videos or DVD's (kids are kind of picky)

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.