3 NEW BOOKS ADDED: Pregnancy, Birth & BFing Books - DONA/ALACE/ICAN Rec Reading - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-22-2007, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PRICES ARE NOT MARKED IN STONE... if you see something you want, send me a PM and we'll chat!

I bought these books intent on becoming a doula just over 18 months ago but things have changed and I will no longer be needing them. Now I'm just trying to clean out the house of unnecessary excess because times have been really tight and I need the money.

They all have NO wear and tear, unless otherwise noted, except for a last name in black permanent marker on the top spine. Some even still have that new book "glue" smell. I noted "LIKE NEW" for the books that I purchased new, read once (or not even) and boxed away (we moved when my DD was born 18 mos ago and they went right from being read into the box, then into a cabinet here where they stayed the past year.

The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers by Jack Newman, MD and Teresa Pitman, LIKE NEW - $10 - SOLD

Spiritual Midwifery, Revised Edition, by Ina May Gaskin, , some minor wear and tear, just pages folder over, a "well read" look but again nothing that gets in the way of the book itself (no writing on the pages, no words blurred, etc) $6PPD - SOLD

The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer, LIKE NEW $8PPD - SOLD

Natural Childbirth After Cesarean, A Practical Guide by Karis Crawford and Johanne C Walters , some highlighted phrases, was a library book at some point in the past so has remanents of that (library name crossed out on the binding etc) $5PPD - PENDING

The Doula Book, Second Edition by Marshall H Klaus, MD, John H Kennell MD, and Phyllis H Claus CSW, LIKE NEW $10PPD - SOLD

The Birth Partner
, by Penny Simkin, LIKE NEW $8PPD - SOLD

Heart & Hands
, 4th Edition, by Elizabeth Davis, LIKE NEW $15.00PPD - PENDING

I can provide photos if requested.

I know I have more as well, but I have not found them yet. Its only a matter of time!

Found 3 more!

The Complete Book of Pregnancy & Childbirth by Sheila Kitzinger $11ppd
Trust Your Body! Trust Your Baby! Childbirth wisdom and Cesarean Prevention by Andrea Frank Henkart $7ppd
Your Baby's First Year by Steven P. Shelov, American Academy of Pediatrics $4PPD
#2 of 5 Old 04-22-2007, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

bump, had forgotten to add that prices were PPD
#3 of 5 Old 04-22-2007, 12:39 PM

I'd take Heart and Hands if it is still available.
#4 of 5 Old 04-22-2007, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

PM'd you
#5 of 5 Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

BUMP! 2 more books added.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page