ISO Armenian or Iraqi Mothers: Esp First Timers!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-26-2009, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Parev yev Marhaba! I am looking for other mothers of Iraqi or Armenian descent. I am of Armenian (arevmdahye spyurkahye) parentage, but no family around or left, and husband is Iraqi Arab with family out of the state and lost out of country.

I'm 37 weeks with our first child and a new poster to MDC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2009, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pari Louys! Nice to meet you!

I live in SE Pennsylvania. I'm originally from Beirut, married to an American-born Armenian. We have two children, a girl (6) and a boy (4). Although we're located in an area that's pretty well-populated with Armenians (a day school, several churches and community organizations), we do not participate in any of it. We tend to find that our parenting and lifestyle choices are not resonnant with other Hay's, particularly since we are trying to raise our kids with a sense of Armenian cultural identity braided together with all that is wonderful about being American, but without religion. We find that most Armenians continue to harbor negative feelings about America, despite being several generations removed from immigration.

Our parents live nearby. My parents moved to this area about a year ago. We're a little closer to my parents than to his, and my mom has been very present in our lives since the kids were born. That's had its plusses and minuses, but overall it's been OK.

Anyhow, that's about all for now. I look forward to getting to know you. I hope all is going well with the baby. Do you know what you're having? I know I was always soooo ready to meet my little ones (and be done with pregnancy) by the time I was 37 weeks!

User Tag List