Vaccination Requirements Dubai Schools - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ANyone have any exp. with Dubai Schools and nonvaxing? We are American but live in Europe where there are no "mandatory" vaxes only "recommended". In Bahrain, my daughter was turned away from a nursery due to non vaxing. ANy help apprecaited
#2 of 8 Old 10-03-2010, 10:33 PM

Hi LukesMom,

Have you been able to get any info on this?

We're moving to Dubai in December, and I've been asking around about vaccine exemptions at the schools there. I've gotten a wide variety of responses, but it looks like the schools ask for your vaccination history, but there's really no rules stating you must be vaccinated to enroll.

I've heard from quite a few moms who have kids in schools there who are not vaccinated.

I'll let you know how it goes when we get there!
#3 of 8 Old 10-04-2010, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

wow! GREAT Thanks so much. We go every year, and as I said used to live in Bahrain. I apprecaite you passing along anything you discover
#4 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 10:56 AM

I'm not in Dubai but in another city in the UAE (which may have different regulations). My kidlets are selectively vaccinated, and although the school asked for their records (as per ministry regulations), there was absolutely no problem enrolling them.

You may possibly find hard and fast info rather difficult to come by...this is par for the course in the UAE...hope you get a level of information you are comfortable with, though.
#5 of 8 Old 10-31-2010, 05:38 PM

We are being told by ASD (American School of Dubai) that the kids need to be up to date with their immunizations in order to apply to the school, and no exceptions are allowed. They are really picky, apparently.

The other schools we have inquired into have given us mixed answers. But I don't think they are as strict as ASD.
#6 of 8 Old 05-13-2012, 02:05 AM

Did anyone get an answer to this?  Are there waivers?  Is there a way to get around it all?  I'm in your same boat, and moving to Ajman for a school there.  Looking for any help!

#7 of 8 Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 PM

Hi, although this is a little off subject I'd like to ask you ladies about vaccinations you would recommend for moving to UAE or Dubai and for some more info on the American School. I probably will homeschool but I bet my kids would love to have some interaction with other children a few years down the line. Anything you are willing to tell me would be helpful!

-Lindsay

#8 of 8 Old 08-06-2012, 07:17 AM

If It's an American school, then may tied to American standards regardless of being in an international community. FYI, just my opinion, the British schools seem to be better in the UAE then American ones. I taught there and from experience, speaking to other educators in other schools and informal visits that's what I learned.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page