Qatar 2011? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-01-2011, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone?  We are moving in 6 weeks to Doha.  I have 2 boy ages 5 months and 4 months.  We love to meet other AP moms.

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-17-2011, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

If anyone is in Qatar we are here and would love to find other AP moms out here. 

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
#3 of 5 Old 08-29-2011, 06:42 PM

My husband is considering a job in Doha. We're just looking into it and I thought I'd learn what I can. Can you tell me something about your experience there-- what you like/dislike? How has it been making friends there? (I have two kids, ages 2 and 5.) Thanks in advance! 

home-maker & home-schooler with DS (home-waterbirth 12/25/2006) and DD (home-waterbirth 10/25/2009) 

#4 of 5 Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

So far not to bad.  We have been here about 6 weeks.  Ramadan was not fun at all.  There is basically nothing to do during the day for that whole month.  The first thing I did was joined the Doha Mums group and that helped.  I also joined the home school group although that one hasn't been very active during the summer.  I hear that it will get much better for everything once summer is over.  Alot of people leave Doha for the summer.  We have made some friends already and I have had some luck finding moms that are more open minded.  We are even working on organizing a small AP group through Doha mums.  My husband wants me to put my sons name on a waiting list for school for kindergarten and I have yet to find one I like.  I would much prefer to just home school because the schools here tend to be very academic from what I have seen.  A lot of them follow the British system. 

We live in West Bay at Pearl Qatar which I love!  That part is awesome! 

I find it weird that there are so many people working here that get paid next to nothing.  You can get someone to come clean you place for 4 hours for under 30 bucks.  There are lots of people that have live in help which cost around 400 a month.  I still haven't gotten my drivers license and we have been having a driver take me.  I find that weird too. 

Oh and if you come here planning on having more kids they will have to be born in a hospital.  Homebirth and water birth are not allowed.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if you have specific questions and I will try and answer them for you.

-melissa

}
#5 of 5 Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 AM

Thank you so much, Melissa! It sounds really interesting and I know I'd love to meet you if we end up in Doha! I will keep in touch (and ask more questions) if this job works out for us. I wish you the best! -Lisa

home-maker & home-schooler with DS (home-waterbirth 12/25/2006) and DD (home-waterbirth 10/25/2009) 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page