Jordan, anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2011, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm an American expat living in Amman, Jordan.  I have two boys, ages 1 and 3, and we're hoping to add to our family again in 2012, although I'm not pregnant now.  I'm looking to make contact with others living in the area, and am especially interested in finding out about natural birth options in Amman!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 01:08 AM

Hi, i'm Amman, Jordan and i'm expecting in March 2012 God willing.... was also searching for the same. Did you have any success? Would love any info thanks

Old 12-27-2011, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

I had no success in finding out about midwives or birthing centers, but I did find an OB that has a reputation for being pretty supportive of natural birth options. My friend who's a doula said he allowed a German couple here to have a water birth in Farah Hospital, so he must be fairly open-minded! His name is Dr. Ghazi Ibrahim, and his office is in Istiklal Hospital north of 5th circle (but he delivers at Farah). The main number at Istiklal is 565-2600.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:44 PM

Thanks for the info. I was really looking for a female OB or midwife, I am a Muslim. Do you know anything about Jordanian policy on homebirths? Your Doula friend does she practice in Amman?

Old 10-05-2012, 04:35 AM

I'm an American expat living in Amman, too. Does your doula friend live here in Amman? Do you know if Jordanian hospitals allow doulas? My husband and I are hope to get pregnant with our first in the next few months and I'm trying to do all the research I can to try for a natural birth, or even a home birth. I'll trade you email addresses so we can swap info we find, if you want. Or we can just use this site too. I'm not familiar with this site (more of a fb/gmail kind of girl), but I'm desperate for info so I'll take what I can get! Thanks for the dr's number you posted!

Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

AbiH, I don't have PM privileges on here yet, but I'm also on gmail, username is hmrees. I gave birth to my (third) son this June at Farah, and it was a great experience. Dr. Ghazi, whose information I posted a few months back, delivered my son and I was very happy with him. Unfortunately he's currently in Libya, he just took a position at a hospital there on a trial basis. I think he's still in Amman on a fairly regular basis since his family is here, but don't know if he's taking new patients at this point. He could probably at least recommend someone, if you end up getting pregnant I could contact him and ask his advice if you want, I have his personal e-mail address still.

I had a doula and a doula-in-training at the birth, and Dr. Ghazi was very supportive of both of them. The hospital didn't give us any trouble, I imagine it's probably up to the doctor. My primary doula has since left Amman, but the doula-in-training is still here and she's wonderful. She's a former L&D nurse and was super through the whole process.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 AM

Old 03-23-2013, 03:04 AM

Does anyone know of any midwives or Doulas in Amman Jordan, that can either assist a home  water birth (preferably a home birth) or support a natural water birth in the hospital? I am due in November and would like to get started preparing. Please respond via email with any information [email protected] thank you :) hope to hear some good news soon! 

Old 08-27-2013, 04:12 AM

hai,,i want to give birth in Jordan by water birth

but not find it yet, my due on December

i want female doctor too

anyone knows?

syukran :)

Old 08-27-2013, 12:30 PM

Old 10-28-2013, 05:50 AM

I wanted to inform you all that I will be moving out of Amman towards the end of February. If I hear of anyone else who would be available to attend home births in Amman I will advise them to post their information here.

Many blessings to you and yours.

Emily

User Tag List