pregnant in Amman Jordan looking for a Midwife of Doula!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey I'm so excited I cam across this thread!! I am an American living and working in Amman Jordan, as an English Teacher. I am looking to have a natural home waterbirth but not opposed to the idea of a natural waterbirth in a a supportive hospital. I would love to meet with and talk with anyone qualified to support a natural birth, or anyone willing to help with increasing awareness to doctors in the hospital setting here, about natural water birth. Please please email me if you hear anything or are interested in assisting me. My email is rebekah.glunt@umit.maine.edu. I've been up all night and couldn't sleep because I just want to make sure I have the birthing experience I want, and a calm stress free one that my baby deserves. Thank you! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-26-2013, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Welcome.gifI don't personally have any recommendations for you, but wanted to bump up your post for attention and to say congratulations on your pregnancy. I also wanted to let you know about our Due Date Clubs and our I'm Pregnant and Birth and Beyond forums as I thought they might be of interest to you. Of course, all of the forums have great discussions, so look around and join into any of the conversations that interest. And, hopefully, this bump to your post will get you some recommendations in your area. smile.gif

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 6 Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM

I would try to contact La Leche League. They definitely have leaders in the middle east (I don't know about Jordan specifically). I think you are going to be on a good path to finding like minded mamas through LLL Leaders.

Good luck!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#4 of 6 Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 AM

#5 of 6 Old 02-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Hello! Thanks for starting this thread - I am also pregnant and may be moving to Amman soon and would like to know if you found a midwife there? I had a home water birth with an awesome midwife in Canada and hope the same for my second. I hope your birth experience went as you hoped it would :-) Any info you have which could be helpful re: giving birth in Amman would be soooo appreciated - thanks!

#6 of 6 Old 04-15-2014, 05:10 AM

Hi,

I also live in Amman and have just found out I am pregnant. I had my son in Canada with a midwife but in a hospital - amazing experience. I'd like to explore options around giving birth with a midwife here. Also - is this something you'd have to pay for or do you think that there is a way to get it covered by medical insurance.

A doctor who is extremely supportive of natural birthing would also be of interest.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page