Israel - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1781 Old 05-27-2007, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just pm'ed merpk but will post for everyone as well - if anyone has the article, can you please scan and send it to me via email? anon7799@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 1781 Old 05-27-2007, 03:30 PM

hey rach how is it to be home? friends of ours live in maale adumim. tzvi and naima fisher and yehoshua and maital bonchek, you know ;em?

hows the pregnancy going anon?
#423 of 1781 Old 05-27-2007, 03:33 PM

I'd appriciate that posted. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#424 of 1781 Old 05-28-2007, 07:15 PM

I'd love to see it too.
#425 of 1781 Old 05-29-2007, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilamama View Post
hey rach how is it to be home? friends of ours live in maale adumim. tzvi and naima fisher and yehoshua and maital bonchek, you know ;em?\
Great to be home. Well except the unpacking and reorginizing : . Where in MA are they? I don't know a lot of people (I don't get to shul, see siggy for why ) but dh knows a lot of people. I'm looking forward to this summer acutally. The girls are older, we can do more things, and I hope to start teachingthem to swim . The swim instructor in me has been waiting for this moment.

OK back to work. It's good to be home

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#426 of 1781 Old 05-29-2007, 06:58 AM

Merpk will send me the scanned version (I like to keep these things in a file) but yes, please post for everyone to see as well!

Pregnancy is just wonderful and I'm loving every second of it! Not too much more left of it though - baby should make his appearance sometime between the mid to end of July!
#427 of 1781 Old 05-29-2007, 07:02 AM

YAY, Anon!!!

Enjoy!

#428 of 1781 Old 05-29-2007, 01:20 PM

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1178708670560

#429 of 1781 Old 05-29-2007, 07:17 PM

Yay, thanks for posting that link, jul'riv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon7799 View Post
Merpk will send me the scanned version (I like to keep these things in a file) but yes, please post for everyone to see as well!

It's a good thing the link is there now because : I can't find the section with it. : Am thinking that it's in the pile over there but have been through it twice and ...

Man, I gotta clean.

#430 of 1781 Old 05-29-2007, 09:15 PM

Thanks for that! So when is Bituach Leumi going to cover homebirths?
#431 of 1781 Old 05-30-2007, 03:14 AM

lol

#432 of 1781 Old 05-30-2007, 11:50 AM

Thanks for posting the link Riv. What a wonderful article!

Ugh, today was not a good day. Had a morning trip to the Ministry of Interior in East Jerusalem to renew my visa, and we decided to ask about the process to register a baby born at home, just to gauge the response and try to determine what we are up against. We know the official answer that many of you have shared with us (bring midwife's letter, copy of her license and they issue the birth certificate) and which works in the Ministry of Interior in West Jerusalem. Well, this doesn't seem to be the case in the East Jerusalem MoI. The employee started talking about how it will cause us lots of problems, will take a long time and she said it will be very difficult for us without a hospital report. Experience has taught me that when an MoI employee says something is difficult, don't tempt fate and try to do it! It was very depressing and I just started to see all of these problems ahead of us. We have to go back tomorrow, so I will try to ask another employee, but it seems that it may be as I expected - a huge headache. I didn't change my mind about the homebirth though! It seems we will just have to go to a hospital after the birth, in order to sort out our paperwork (assuming the hospital staff won't give us any problems either!). I was hoping we could avoid that. Until now, the National Insurance agreed to cover me if I will have a hospital birth in Hadassah Mt. Scopus, so I guess that will still apply if we go to the hospital within 24 hours of the birth and stay the mandatory 12 hours. But my husband and I aren't happy that they have only partial rooming in, and the baby will have to go to the nursery at night. My husband keeps saying that we have to be careful they don't "mess" with him when he is away from us. I feel sick about even the thought of leaving my new baby alone for even one night, and am REALLY nervous that the nurses will not bring him to me for feedings like they should, and give him a bottle! I tried registering at Hadassah Ein Kerem because I know they have full rooming in, but until now the Nat'l Insurance didn't approve to cover the costs there (though I spoke to someone at the insurance and they said I could register at as many hospitals as I wanted and they would cover wherever I chose in the end). Financially we can't pay the homebirth midwife out of pocket AND the hospital, so if the National Insurance doesn't agree to cover Hadassah Ein Kerem, I might be forced to go to Mt. Scopus.

Is Hadassah Mt. Scopus really all that bad? Can someone please give me any reassurance that it won't be that bad.... ? Maybe I can stay up all night with the baby, roaming the hallways if they won't let me keep him in my room, and just sleep during the day with baby and husband by my side? Will they really bring him to me for feedings? I will go on the tour and ask these questions, but you never know if what they say is actually going to happen. I will also try to ask about the procedure of coming after the birth and staying 12 hours, but I'm hesitant to initiate that conversation with just anyone from the staff - could get labelled as a problem even before I get there and then who knows if they will freak out when I come and treat it like the biggest emergency that I had the baby at home. Anyone know a nice nurse/doctor/midwife at Mt. Scopus who I could talk to, one who won't flip at the mention of homebirth?

Thanks for listening ladies. I am just feeling kinda down about the whole situation right now.....

-Stephanie
#433 of 1781 Old 05-30-2007, 12:45 PM

aNON, i HAVE NO ADVICE, BUT ((HUGS)) (oops, caps) That sounds like a really tough situation.

Mom of 5 boys- 13, 10, 8, 2 : and newbie Aug. 24th, '09 . babywearing advocate . Cook, baker, homemaker, wife to a man with another woman's kidney (live altruistic, unknown donor).
#434 of 1781 Old 05-30-2007, 01:39 PM

Thanks BelovedBird....
your icon bar says you're 32 weeks pregnant. is it up to date? if yes, we should have our babies around the same time!
#435 of 1781 Old 05-30-2007, 02:40 PM

Have you spoken to your midwife? She should know how things usually go and might have someone you can ask about har hazofim. I gave birth there 4 years ago, and put DD in with the babies at night, but I didn't know better then. I think it's still the same, but I'm not sure, they might be a little more flexible now. I know in ein karem you can have the baby with you the whole time.

That does sound tough. I hope things get clearer and better.
#436 of 1781 Old 05-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Thanks BelovedBird....
your icon bar says you're 32 weeks pregnant. is it up to date? if yes, we should have our babies around the same time!
Yes. It is.
Cool.

Mom of 5 boys- 13, 10, 8, 2 : and newbie Aug. 24th, '09 . babywearing advocate . Cook, baker, homemaker, wife to a man with another woman's kidney (live altruistic, unknown donor).
#437 of 1781 Old 05-30-2007, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I am just feeling kinda down about the whole situation right now.....

-Stephanie
I had my baby at Har Hatzofim. He was in the pagia though, so my experience is just from watching others, not fighting to keep my baby with me like I expected.

They will come around and try to claim your baby at night, but if you claim to be nursing they will ask you to bring the baby when you are done. Most nurses were nice and not pushy about the night time nursery stay. They have lots of babies in the nursery so one missing isn't obvious, just keep on pretending to (or actually) nursing your baby when the nurse comes to collect them. They did bring babies to mothers to nurse at night. The hospital policy is that they do not give bottles unless the mother asks them to.

The only time I saw them adamant about having the baby in the nursery was during rounds, when the doctors were checking the babies. The babies who were to be discharged had to be in the nursery then to get examined.

They kept me inpatient for five days to be close to my baby and really were quite caring. I was very pleased with the care, though the issues I expected (keeping my baby with me and in cloth diapers) fell through the window when he decided to act like a tiny preemie and not breathe, etc.
#438 of 1781 Old 05-30-2007, 04:02 PM

I had a baby at Har Hatzofim too. It was years ago and I wasn't as NFL as I am now so I don't have any current information.

I did want to share with you that I was taught in Childbirth Ed class to have them mark the baby's bassinet with a Nursing Only (Hanaka Bilvad) sign and have it annotated that there was a history of family allergies (even if there wasn't) if one wanted to be positive that no bottles would be given.
#439 of 1781 Old 05-31-2007, 02:58 AM

Just an anecdote about those "nursing only" stickers. They're usually provided by materna (baby formula company). It's very strange to see the materna logo, with the words nursing only under it.
#440 of 1781 Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 AM

I had my baby at home, 6 years ago with Ilana Shemesh. She was born Fri. am, in Feb, at 6 a.m. Ilana stayed until 8 or so. We rested until noon, then I went to EinKarem for a checkup (not fun, and she got a chill on the way. She had to be in the incubator, but it was in my room, in my sight, and the nurses were all very nice). I would rather have stayed home, but dh insisted on getting checked and getting the maanak. I refused all shots, etc. and they complied (not understood, but complied). I didn't bring my placenta, but I had a note from Ilana, so apparently that was good enough.

I insisted on going home right away. We were out of there (not an easy thing to get papers signed on a Fri aft!) and home for Shabbat.

So not perfect (it was exhausting), but not bad either, considering.
#441 of 1781 Old 06-02-2007, 05:51 AM

I feel a lot better. I talked to my midwife too and I think it won't be so bad. Hey, life isn't perfect, and nothing will be 100% the way we want. I am sure we'll manage for the 1 day we plan to be in the hospital after the baby is born. I would rather go to hospital after the birth than during, so I am trying to focus on the positive side of things. And avoiding any headache with the Ministry of Interior is motivation enough for me!
#442 of 1781 Old 06-08-2007, 04:27 AM

stephanie. i hope it goes well for you. try not to stress, it will just exhaust you. a friend was just up here visiting who gave birth there, i asked her about not rooming in. she said it was fine she would hear them call her over the intercom. Chaftziba come nurse. when you read these boards it is hard to keep in mind that just having a healthy baby is the important thing. but i am sure that you will be ions ahead of many unfortunate ladies who do not know how bad it can be with hospital births "intend" to have natural childbirth and end up with a c-section.
#443 of 1781 Old 06-10-2007, 04:13 PM

Who else sells the epi-no in Jerusalem, besides Joanie Abelman? I only know of her and she's difficult to get in touch with. I need to get it ASAP this week. I know Ilanna Shemesh sells it but I can't make it to Rehovot so I need to get it from someone in town.

Post script - I got the epi-no today. I did a lot of research on it and decided in my situation I want to use it. I know that women have given birth for thousands of years without it, but I personally want to do everything I can to avoid a tear.
#444 of 1781 Old 06-11-2007, 06:20 AM

my opinion, epi-no is not big deal. most ppl in history of worls gave birth w/o it. i think slow pushing probly helps more. i mean everyone has poop with out pre stretching ya know.
#445 of 1781 Old 06-19-2007, 10:31 AM

Hi, all!

I have a question -- what is the typical process here in Israel for people who have trouble conceiving? In the US, I know we saw the gyn, but when that wasn't good enough, we sought out a private RE (reproductive endocrinologist).

We took a break from trying to have a baby right before we left the USA, but now, I'm ready to start trying again. But I just don't know what to do or expect! How does it work here? Do I need records from the states to "prove" I have trouble having a baby? Do I just see a gyn, and they handle everything? Is there a such thing as a private RE? Can you just see an RE as part of your regular medical insurance?

This is stressful enough without the "unknown" stuff, I really need someone who knows how it works here to help me. What do I do, what should I expect, etc, etc? Last thing we tried in the US was clomid and progesterone, and I miscarried again anyway.

So.. help?

Also, any names of good doctors would be SO appreciated! I want a gyn who is nice, speaks English well, and gentle. I live in Bet Shemesh, but I'm willing to drive a bit to find a good doctor. I'm under Macabi insurance.

Rachel & Eli , with DS1 (7/99) and DS2 (11/01) twins DD1 & DS3 (01/10)
#446 of 1781 Old 06-20-2007, 02:57 AM

I don't know much about this issue except that I think the four kupot have slightly different criteria and rules about fertility treatments so you should probably contact Macabi and see what services they offer/cover and go from there. Four years ago my husband stored a sperm sample in the fertility bank in Hadassah Ein Kerem and I remember the doctor working there asked what kupat holim he had. She said that some are better than others in covering treatments. We haven't had to use the samples so that's as far as my personal experience with this issue goes.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I hope you can get more answers and are successful with whatever treatments you undergo.
#447 of 1781 Old 06-20-2007, 06:35 AM

anon...

how r u? Whatzs up w/ the pregnancy?

#448 of 1781 Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Post script - I got the epi-no today. I did a lot of research on it and decided in my situation I want to use it. I know that women have given birth for thousands of years without it, but I personally want to do everything I can to avoid a tear.
I used an epi-no (purchased through Ilana Shemesh) for my previous pregnancy. I made it through w/no episiotomy or tearing, although I also got a lot of help from the mid-wife. [I specificaly told her that I really wanted all the help I could get (short of a c-section, of course) to keep my perinium in-tact.]

Of course, I can never be sure that the epi-no really helped (can't really do a control experiment), but DS was 8.5 lbs (3.850 kg) and had a HUGE head, so I figured the fact that I didn't tear is testimony to either the epi-no's effectiveness or the mid-wife's expertise.
#449 of 1781 Old 06-20-2007, 06:04 PM

hi rachel i dont know abt the kupot, but i know fertility treatments are MUCH cheaper here than in the states.

Mor.e info than you asked for: i have 2 friends who had were only acle to conceive their 1st kids with fertility treatments, one was 19 when she got married. (ie she should be fine ... so youd think right) then with their second kids one got pregnant naturally affter she stoped eating all sugar. and the other got pregnant after seeing a homeopath.

but one of these ppl lives in ramat beit she,esh. pm me if you want contact numbers
#450 of 1781 Old 06-22-2007, 03:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know the insurance specifics but I really like Professor Hochner. I saw her privately, not through Meuchedet which is my kuppah, for a high risk pregnancy, but know she does IVF as well. She is at Hadassa Har Hatzofim.
http://www.hadassah.org.il/English/E...ercelniker.htm

IME she really cares and puts her heart into her job.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page