Pregnancy Mask - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-22-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Anyone get this?

I woke up this morning with rather dark red splotche on my cheeks. I looked up pregnancy mask and most things seems to say that the coloration with that is brownish. Mine is definitely red. So it has to be:

1. pregnancy mask, or
2. chapped from the cold weather (unlikely), or
3. sudden rosecea (sp)... my mom has rosecea and says I will probably get it to... but I doubt it would develop overnight like this.

Ugh. I hope it goes away after the baby comes. Until then, I'll use some foundation to lighten it. Good grief.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#2 of 4 Old 11-22-2008, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you eat any berries or anything highly acidic? My brother gets that sometimes when he eats strawberries or tomatoes....

My skin definitely gets a funky pigment to it in places, but I'm glaringly pale to begin with and so any freckles or age spots stand out already. I have no solution. I just use coverup.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#3 of 4 Old 11-22-2008, 05:51 PM

I'm not in your ddc, but I had a very noticeable pg mask with dd. I was 12 days late with her, although I'm not sure that has anything to do with it. I didn't have it with ds (who was also a bit late). I didn't even know how bad it was till I looked at my labour pics.

Diane, SAHM to DD (June 05) and DS (April 07).
::::
#4 of 4 Old 12-09-2008, 03:37 PM

cagnew~

It doesn't sound like you have pregnancy mask, more like some inflammation. Is your skin fair? Has the texture changed in that area, or is it itchy? I agree with Nighten, it could be related to something you ate or drank.

BTW - Is it still there? Looks like this post is from a week or so ago.

Chloasma/melasma (aka pregnancy mask) is brown-colored and it's due to the hormonal changes in our bodies. I have a few patches myself and my friends and DH all think they are cute. They don't really bother me and I'm sure they will go away after pg with topical Vitamin C and some exfoliation. So, if it does turn brown and is pg mask, don't fret.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page