Weekly chit-chat November 22nd-28th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 11-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 28wk u/s went well! He's measuring right on for dates, 40th percentile, 2lbs 8oz! He's head down too...

I had a moment of panic that nothing is ready for the new baby, I haven't bought a single item! Luckily I found a box in the back of the closet with all My gender neutral "in case we ever have another baby" clothes, lol. There's just enough onsies and sleepers to keep the panic toa minimum. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting a shower and I'm really torn between things I really want for the baby and things we really need for the baby. I'm not exactly sure we really need anything...

I'm really feeling like a bad mom. Money has been so tight and so anything non-essential has been put off. Even purchasing things we really need have been postponed. So my guilt is that it's quite obviously winter and my kids and I are still wearing shorts and sandals! We've been hobbling by on a couple pair of pants each, but once it gets icy we really need closed toe shoes. I've checked at two different thrift stores and they just didn't have any close to the right sizes. Hopefully hubby will get a holiday bonus soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 64 Old 11-28-2008, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
We're in the midst of painting the baby's room, which feels very good. I'm just about to head out to the garage to paint the dresser we're refinishing, along with a couple of picture frames ... amazing what a bucket of paint will accomplish! This is our super-cheap remodel. Even the paint supplies were free ... thanks to a GC from DP's boss.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#63 of 64 Old 11-28-2008, 11:20 PM

Well, my life has turned topsy turvy the last week. My MIL had surgery to fix a blood clot in her carotid artery, we moved her to a single apartment in our town (from about an hour away), and then last night she had a moderate to severe stroke, and is now paralyzed on her left side. She is at the local hospital and we are all just playing the "wait and see" game to see what happens next.
Baby girl in utero is just along for the ride just now. I'm so thankful for a little more time before she is here.
Two prenatal appts. next week, first with my parallel care OB, and then to see my HB midwife. I'm going to be having so many prenatals these last few weeks, since I am doing parallel care for my HB. Not really looking forward to all those appts.
But, thankfully this pregnancy, my emotional outlook has had a rosy glow, and it is carrying me through this tough time. I also seem to have lots of energy, which is coming in handy, let me tell you!
#64 of 64 Old 11-28-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewolthuis View Post
Well, my life has turned topsy turvy the last week. But, thankfully this pregnancy, my emotional outlook has had a rosy glow, and it is carrying me through this tough time. I also seem to have lots of energy, which is coming in handy, let me tell you!
Oh, wow, that's a lot to handle! I'm sorry about your MIL, I hope she's stable and on her own soon. Thank goodness for your emotional state, though!

I saw my mw today, and she did a full appointment, since I had one booked for next week. The lump is, in fact a blood clot, but it's called a phelbitus, or superficial clot- not DVT (deep vein thrombosis) which is the serious version. Really, there's nothing I can do except rest it and watch it. We're not sure about the chest pain/aching though, and it seems to be changing. I think it might be improving, so I have no idea what it was. It hurt to breathe and move, bend over too. Bizarre.

When she was palpating my uterus the baby was pushing up and out, and as she reached down into my pelvis she could feel little arms and hands. It was great! And a little freaky, she said. This baby's been moving around a lot too- sometimes I can feel feet really distinctly.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page