Happy Thanksgiving Feb. Mamas! :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-27-2008, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Thanksgiving!!

What are your plans for the day?

DH and I ran the 5K Turkey Trot (well I ran/walked/waddled ). Now we are off to my parent's house for lunch and his parent's house for dinner. We're going to be spoiled because all I had to make was a dessert - Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake. :

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#2 of 8 Old 11-27-2008, 02:52 PM

I'm cooking for my kids and DH and my mom and dad. Nobody else is coming. Oh well. I do have to brave the grocery store in about an hour to use my WIC check. This should be fun.
#3 of 8 Old 11-27-2008, 05:07 PM

Cooking for me, mr. nighten, and Guinevere. Then getting some of the Christmas decorations out. My husband is working on the basement (he's refinishing it -- hopefully will have it finished by new baby's arrival, as it's the new designated play room).

Happy Tday, all!

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#4 of 8 Old 11-27-2008, 05:44 PM

I'm making the pumpkin gooey butter cake too!!!!!

We're having dinner at 6pm so DH and I will do some cleaning around the house and getting more things on craigslist and eBay. I'm a bit bummed stuff isn't selling like it was earlier this year.

I'd like to take a walk today since the sun is out but we'll see how well my back holds up after I've been cooking awhile!
#5 of 8 Old 11-27-2008, 09:52 PM

Heading to a friends house for dinner. : DH is in charge of mashed potatoes...me nothing!, bliss. I took a two hour nap after doing hypnobabies today. Now I'm enjoying some hot cocoa. Had a great walk today...now it is snowing but looks like its turning to rain.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I am so thankful for the little bean in my belly!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#6 of 8 Old 11-27-2008, 09:57 PM

Ow ow ow. I ate way too much. Ugh. Ow.

But it was gooooooooood.

(I'm very glad I passed my GD test. Because I'm pretty sure the second helping of apple pie wasn't a terribly healthy choice.)

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#7 of 8 Old 11-28-2008, 11:00 PM

My DH, DS, my MIL and I had a wonderful T-day dinner at my parents house. But then, my MIL had a stroke on her way back home after dinner. She is now in the hospital and our lives are kind of in a holding pattern to see what the extent of the damage is and where we go from here. So, so sad. She had a severe to moderate stroke and is currently paralyzed on her left side. She is divorced and just moved a few blocks away last week. We don't know what kind of living situation she will need in the future...just have to wait and see.
Little baby in my belly is just along for the ride right now, and I am so happy that she can stay in there for another couple months.... I'm not ready!! I keep thinking about how easy she is to take care of right now, just toting her along in my belly.
Emily
#8 of 8 Old 11-29-2008, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewolthuis View Post
My DH, DS, my MIL and I had a wonderful T-day dinner at my parents house. But then, my MIL had a stroke on her way back home after dinner.
I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten View Post
Ow ow ow. I ate way too much. Ugh. Ow.

But it was gooooooooood.

(I'm very glad I passed my GD test. Because I'm pretty sure the second helping of apple pie wasn't a terribly healthy choice.)
But apple pie is so good.. how can you say no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
Heading to a friends house for dinner. : DH is in charge of mashed potatoes...me nothing!, bliss. I took a two hour nap after doing hypnobabies today. Now I'm enjoying some hot cocoa. Had a great walk today...now it is snowing but looks like its turning to rain.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I am so thankful for the little bean in my belly!
It's so nice not being in charge of cooking, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssinca View Post
I'm making the pumpkin gooey butter cake too!!!!!
That's the first time I've made it and ate it, and it was so great. My SIL made homemade whipped cream to top it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I'm cooking for my kids and DH and my mom and dad. Nobody else is coming. Oh well. I do have to brave the grocery store in about an hour to use my WIC check. This should be fun.
How did the grocery store go?

Did anyone participate in Black Friday here?

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page