Amelia wasn't moving much so they went up to the hospital yesterday afternoon. Amelia was having bad arrhythmia and her heart rate kept dipping into the 50's. There's more to it, I'm sure, but I just heard from Ally quickly. She's still in the hospital for now, they're not sure when she'll be able to go home. She got a steroid shot yesterday and will get another today. They can't find any structural abnormalities with Amelia's heart on the u/s so they aren't sure what's going on right now.
Please keep her family in your thoughts. After what they went through with Ryland.... I can't believe this is being thrown their way too.
Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)
I'm in the hospital right now, and I'm awaiting the 2nd steroid shot. Then they are basically going to send me home for now.
I finally have my laptop (I typed yesterday with my PDA but the battery died so I couldn't update from it). But I'm exhausted and can't give much of an update--Amelia's heart freaked out last night and they couldn't get a reading on her in the middle of the night, so I spent the majority of the night listening to the monitors. I've been up at Ohio State since yesterday at 4 PM. Amelia wasn't moving much so they had us come in. Once we got here, we learned she had a pretty bad arrhythmia, where her heart keeps skipping beats (They called them PACs) and it went down into the 50's and jumped back up to normal a lot. I'm on 24 hour monitoring, and they gave me a steroid shot yesterday. I have to stay at least long enough to get another one today. Her ultrasound today showed no structural heart abnormalities (and she gained a pound in 2 weeks, so she's almost 4 lbs and measuring a week and a half ahead, so she's measuring about 31 1/2 weeks). So basically they can't figure out why it's happening, and there's nothing they can do about it. Since it's her "wiring" and not structure, even delivering her early probably won't help.
We just have to wait and see, but nobody really knows what her prognosis is. Which is really not what we needed right now. Of all the things I was high risk for, heart problems were not one of them... It really kind of stinks to know there's nothing that can be done, and the best we can do is take it day by day and hope her rhythm corrects itself... She is moving again, so at least that part's good.... She passed her BPP, fluid levels are good, and the things we were at risk for (placenta problems, cord issues, and uterine artery issues) aren't issues yet, so whatever's going on, it's completely unrelated to the reason I was high risk to begin with! Go figure!
Right now, they have me in high risk L&D (where I haven't gotten to eat since lunch yesterday...yikes!). But I get to go home soon.
But the good news is if they have to take her soon, she's big, and right now, she has breathing movements. She just had a weird heart thing.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Did they do a fetal echocardiogram? I'm guessing that's how they know its not structural. Good to hear that she's measuring ahead. Hopefully that will give her a headstart when she's born next month. I'm keeping you and Amelia in my prayers....
Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and Maeve Penelope (10/7/11)
♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥
Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013. If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!