Weekly chit-chat December 6th-12th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anybody know how many days are left until their EDD?

I have 66 days until mine. Wow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 58 days left!!

I am having a ton of BH the past two days. They only go away when I am lying down--but I can't do that all the time! There are a bit annoying and a few have been quite uncomfortable as well.

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#3 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 05:04 PM

52! : Lots to do still!

Mommy to Abigail 2/09hearts.gif and Ollie 3/11energy.gif

#4 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 05:53 PM

Sixty-two! Yikes! I have so much to do!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#5 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 06:14 PM

Wow, 58 days! DH and I were talking about how anxious we are for the baby to arrive just last night! I can't wait! :

I've been pretty tired lately. Came home early from work yesterday and slept for 2 and half hours then slept in till 9:00 today. That felt good! I"m having a pretty mellow day so far. Cleaned the chicken coop but have accomplished nothing else...fine by me. I think that's what Saturday's are for. If I can vacuum, put some laundry away and make my bed then I'll feel as though I have accomplished a lot!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#6 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 07:02 PM

I've really loved having him around to help and I miss that a lot but I am glad to have him working and bringing money in.

If I counted correctly I have 58 days left.

:
#7 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 08:44 PM

68 days left here. Made it to a prenatal yoga class again finally. Also got a little x-mas shopping done and bought a birth ball to use before we go into the birth center.

Baby is way in my ribs now! It's starting to get uncomfortable. Also she seems to favor being nestled on my right side.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#8 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 09:39 PM
k13

My girl also favors my right side. She is using my bladder as a pillow! Definately getting more rib kicks, too.

I'm asking for a birth ball for x-mas, I figured the kids would enjoy getting that one for me - a ball for mom! How they will wrap it is a mystery I also asked for new pajamas that are easy to nurse in (I prefer flannel with buttons in the front)

I don't know how many days I have, I try not to count too much. My due dates both times before were so unreliable I guess I am afraid to rely too much on the numbers! I am just hoping to keep this one in closer to term.

My midwife gave me my list of supplies and suggested I get them all by 36 weeks just in case. So that's six more weeks...

Guess I'll be shopping for christmas presents and birth supplies!
#9 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post

I have a lot of days until my EDD. (well, 1 more than you I guess) But, 37 days until the latest Mia is born! Yikes!! I should know her scheduled date either this coming Tuesday or next Tuesday. Unless she has to come even earlier because of her heart issue--in that case, holy cow, I'm not going to be ready. LOL!

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#10 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 10:19 PM

73 days until my EDD.

Which, on the one hand, is fine, because I have a lot left to do....

But on the other hand, I sure will be relieved when she's here and I'm not so exhausted, uncomfortable, and grumpy.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#11 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 11:11 PM

I have 61 days left until due date. It sounds both near and far away to me! I don't feel as though I have alot to do before she gets here. Just the normal stuff, washing all the baby clothes, etc. I don't have very much, so that won't take long.

I am going to pull out my tub of boy newborn stuff, though, because the clothes that my sister gave me are not going to cover all my needs like I had once thought. So, I will be pulling out gowns and sleepers that I used with my boys.

I have had a strange shift happen to me this week. The last several weeks, I have been having so much nerve pain in my back. It's been miserable. But something has happened this week . . . the baby has shifted or something . . .and i am not having that pain anymore. I have more energy. (besides my cold) I just feel better.
#12 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post

I hadn't even thought of this!!!

I have about 70.

I need probably about 120.
#13 of 112 Old 12-06-2008, 11:56 PM

Okay, well this has motivated me. I just wrote my new birth plan! I couldn't find my old one (the original copy is buried on a PC downstairs that's long dead), so I did a new one.

It's pretty long and involved though, so I need to trim it a bit, but it helped me identify the key points I need to bring up to my midwife and pediatrician.

There. I'm feeling better now. Back to being more or less unprepared elsewhere...

#14 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 12:51 AM

66 days here.. wow.. :

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#15 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 01:23 AM

Wow, about 71 days for me. In 2 more days, that will feel a lot sooner, but over 70 days still feels like a lot to me. When that first number is a 6 though...it seems much much sooner!

Other than that...I'm a lurker lately. I try to jump on and just read the various threads, especially the chat, but I've been so busy lately. My 18mo ds has been sick this week and dh is out of town. Ds has been SO unconsolable and unreasonable that I'm exhausted...and don't really have a free second. I have a little help now, and that's great, but for a few days there it was all day and all night and I have a 3yo, too. Poor thing was so good about it all, but I know she was bored silly. Anyway, I think ds is starting to feel a bit better, though dd and I seem to be coming down with something...

So...: Keep Talkin'

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#16 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 03:44 AM

What exactly does everyone have left to do that that two months isn't enough time? In one week I will Order my car seat base, birth supplies, diaper sprayer and finalize diaper plans and thats it.

:
#17 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 06:30 AM

59 days??? It doesn't seem possible! I was having pre-term contractions, which forced me on bed rest for a bit, but I bet buckets, I'll go past my due date! Murphy's Law...

My son was late according to a wheeled chart. It drove me crazy for the 9 days he was "late". I had a friend who would only ever give vague generalities about when her baby was due ("Around mid-February..."). I thought this was brilliant for natural onset births. This time around, I'm just going with "around Valentines Day." It's a mental game for me to be patient!

Until then, I'll celebrate Christmas and the new year, so I'm thinking that time will fly! It's getting through January that will be the boring, uncomfortable and COLD temps outside (I'm a Houston wimp - I don't enjoy being cold!), time for me.

Tracy
Due 2/10/09
#18 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 09:19 AM

I don't feel as though I have anything to really do before baby comes. We don't have a room for her, so no room to decorate. Which is fine with me, because I like having my babies right next to me.
So, other than that . . . the only thing I really need to do is organize her clothing, and figure out how to fit my 3rd son into my boys dresser. (we still only have the one dresser for all of them) Then I'll put the new baby's clothes on the changing table shelves. And secretly hope for a new chest of drawers for this baby. One is not enough for all these children we have. We just don't have any room for it right now.

So, now that it's on my mind, I think I'll go pull out the newborn clothing and go through it all.
#19 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 10:50 AM

I think I have 67 days until my edd.

As for what I have left to do, not a whole lot because I'm a crazy organized person . I have a list of the things I have to do and the things I need to get. And I'm trying to put off these things so I have something to do in January. The only thing I'm worried about is if I've forgotten something.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#20 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 11:25 AM

Wow, I just pulled out all my tubs of clothes from my boys from age newborn to 2 years old. Man, I sure do have some amazing things that are in super good condition. Because up until about 2 yo, they don't wear their clothes out very much. I have the cutest things. It's almost a shame I won't get to use them again! I pulled out the stuff that I thought were somewhat neutral, that I can use on a girl. Mostly sleepers and gowns. But I cannot find some of the newborn sleepers and gowns that I used for my 3rd baby. I can't even imagine where those might be. I am on a mission to find that stuff. Because I can get lots of use out of them even with a baby girl.

What a relief to get all of that done. I know have about 6 paper bags full of amazing baby boy clothes that need a new home. I am hoping I can give them to a girl at my church who is having her 4th baby. She has 3 girls and is hoping for a boy.

I am looking forward to seeing this little baby via u/s next week. It would really put my mind at ease to see some girl parts, just so I don't get rid of clothes that I could end up needing!
#21 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 12:29 PM

I'm not going to count becasue I totally get caught up in the numbers and my babies are always "late."

I know that it will go really quickly though since my dd and my dh both have February birthdays and they seem to come right after the holidays each year. I am ordering my birth kit this week just to have it done, got the clothes washed have dipes all ready but I need to reorganize the table so that the little diapers have a good space. No room for babe here either and we didn't even take the side car-ed crib down after dd moved out of it so we don't have to worry about it! Still need a car seat, I am having a hard time choosing one...

We do however have to finish paying the midwife! We have it only 1/3 pd off but thankfully she is being very flexible with us.

I. hate. money.

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#22 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 01:53 PM

Went to my friend's x-mas party last night. She is a nurse midwife who has delivered over 700 babies (she works in Kaiser so it is high volume) and was a labor delivery nurse for a few years before that. She said that she has only seen 3 instances when the ultrasound was wrong. So that makes me feel a bit more reassured that maybe we are indeed having a girl. LOL.

I am having my baby shower next weekend! After that I will know what I still need to buy and then will need to close out my registry, which has basically everything I still need on it. But that is mostly small things like crib sheets, clothes, bottles, etc. Other than that we just need to pick up the nursery furniture and set everything up but we are waiting until end of month to do that. I also need to order diaper service and have our appointment with the pediatrician - but he is picked and scheduled already. I also want to do professional maternity photos - but the photographer suggests doing it b/w 32-36 weeks so I think first half of january. Otherwise I think we are pretty on top of things. I got an extra car seat base and a graco snap and go stroller off craigslist this weekend for less than half price.

Oh I also want to get life insurance for me and DH - hopefully we will get that done before baby arrives!

We are taking an infant CPR class today.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#23 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenivere View Post
What exactly does everyone have left to do that that two months isn't enough time? In one week I will Order my car seat base, birth supplies, diaper sprayer and finalize diaper plans and thats it.
Eesh, well a lot of it is non-birth related, but pushes birth related stuff.

Like, I need to get our tree up, finish holiday shopping, do holiday wrapping, organize everything for the charity that I am resigning from's board so I can hand that all over, both our families are in town so we end up celebrating Christmas 4 times- including our own family and with our best friends, my friend is having a baby around the new year I want to be very available to her, my kids have school and extracurricular activities, I try to volunteer at the school at least weekly, then there is finalizing my birth plans, discussing them with my doulas, cleaning the house, ordering my birth supplies, setting up the crib to sidecar, all of my appointments with my midwife, and my chiro, and muscle therapy, and pilates, and all the other stuff that comes up day to day. AND I want to do the hypnobabies home study!

So, it is mostly self-imposed, but there is a lot, and it is hard for me to prioritize.
#24 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 02:25 PM

I have seen my son's scrotum and penis multiple times on ultrasound, but am refusing to donate or sell my girl clothes until I see his stuff in "real life"!

I also need to look through more stored stuff. I haven't found my maya wrap yet...

OH! We also have 2 December birthdays to get through! I think I need to get shopping on those!
#25 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 05:52 PM

Well if you put it that way then yeah there is plenty left to do. I was just thinking strictly baby related. I didn't list pay the midwife but that needs to be done as well.

I need to do most of my Christmas shopping but it's not much really. I want my kitchen floor finished by Christmas. I have Christmas parties to go to and to bake for; have one this friday and two next week that I know of so far. I do need to buy baby socks but that will happen sometime soon. I'm on a mission to get the house in order but I can only do so much at a time. So yeah, there is other stuff. *shrug*

:
#26 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 06:27 PM

I love thinking about it in days! I've got somewhere around 65-70 left, I think. I'm really not ready for Baby in terms of stuff and arrangements, but i think it's some weird mental block I'm having. I just have this fear that if i put the crib together and move it into our room, open the car seat box, that sort of thing, then something will happen to baby. Is that weird? I mean there's no reason to think anything bad will happen... I guess the more prepared I am, the more heartbroken I will be if, God forbid, something happened and I couldn't bring her home. I guess I need to get over that. My parents are coming to visit on Thursday, so maybe that will help. I dunno.

I guess all of the preparation will get done in time.

#27 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 07:10 PM

We were looking at beds today at Ikea for my dd trying to figure out how to configure the rooms. Well, I've been thinking about it but its the first time my dh has . If we get her a daybed with drawers then the dresser can go to my son's room, she has a new bed (which she needs badly) and we should be good for a bit. It seems like most people I have talked to with 3 kids and 3 bedrooms do a fair bit of shuffling back and forth depending on who's sleeping etc. The baby will be with us for the first few months anyways but storage is a problem.

Ummm so is anyone else feeling a little over-sensitive and grumpy lately? Especially with the shopping crowds and all that I find I am opting to stay home most of the time. Not only do I get tired out from walking but I'm just feeling more uncomfortable, anxious, and less tolerant than usual. I was like this at the end of my other pregnancies, just wishing the hormones could have held off until after Christmas...
#28 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 07:38 PM

I feel so far behind! I have about 80 days. I'm due at the very end of the month and hoping she comes right on time or a few days early. I'm really crossing my fingers for February babe. It's one of the very few months out of the year that isn't completely cluttered with other family members' birthdays. March already has at least 3 birthdays I can think of.

80 days seems so long, but I know the time will fly. Christmas is less than 3 weeks away, my birthday is just 3 days later. We have friends coming into town for two weeks over the holidays, which always makes time fly. I have showers in January. I go back to school January 13, taking 18 credit hours and get to quit my job! I'm fairly certain all these things will make the time go by very quickly. I'm ready for this babe to be in my arms!

I have much left to do, but I've put it on hold until after Christmas. We're low on funds, first of all and barely able to get the gifts we've gotten so far. Plus, my mom is giving us money for Christmas to get baby stuff, so I'm waiting to get that. I also have 3 showers planned for me in January, so I hate to buy much until I know what I have.

On another note, I have been in pain this week. I feel very sore in my upper abdomen and it's hard to do anything that flexes my ab muscles, especially sitting up and reaching up for things. It hurts when she moves too...

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#29 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 11:19 PM

I'm with you, Jenivere. I don't really feel like I have so much to do. As far as baby stuff, I have to sort through clothes and re-wash diapers. That's it, and I probably won't do that until February! I have some bigger goals non-baby related, some to do with house renovations, but those are on a moving time frame, and the baby will come if they get done or not. Mostly I'm trying to relish my 'independence', enjoy my kids and try to enjoy the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsTXmom View Post
I had a friend who would only ever give vague generalities about when her baby was due ("Around mid-February..."). I thought this was brilliant for natural onset births. This time around, I'm just going with "around Valentines Day." It's a mental game for me to be patient!
I always say, 'the end of February'. My due date is the 24, but I got frusterated at the end last time with prodromel and false labour, so I'd like to avoid that.

Some of you were talking birth stories before. I certainly enjoy reading them still, because I'm interested in pregnancy and birth. I'm not doing research for my own, last pregnancy I ate them up like candy. I just really love birth, so it's always interesting to me.

Somebody said in the previous weeks' thread that they realized they weren't going to 'find' their birth in others stories. While this may be true, I would encourage you to visualize your own birth scenarios. With my first I was scared to dream a 'perfect' birth, then I did some reading and decided to go ahead and practice visualizing my perfect birth, as well as countless other scenarios and my possible reactions. The point wasn't to become set on this certain flow of events, but to visualize it in a positive way, look forward to it and dream about it. And playing through different scenarios helps to imagine some of your reactions if certain situations come up; hopefully diminishing any potential dissapointment if things don't go as 'planned'. I don't know, I spend a lot of time dwelling on birth, and so far my births have been better than my anticipations.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#30 of 112 Old 12-07-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post
On another note, I have been in pain this week. I feel very sore in my upper abdomen and it's hard to do anything that flexes my ab muscles, especially sitting up and reaching up for things. It hurts when she moves too...
PSA, because I had no clue until this week, but apparently upper abdomen pain (especially if it occurs after eating a fattening meal) can indicate gallbladder issues.

You might want to mention it to your m/w or OB, just to be safe.

Sorry you're uncomfortable.

---

I'm depressed. Just overwhelmed and depressed, and have a ton of stuff to do between now and when the new baby arrives. And my husband is being clueless and my mom is being defensive. When I asked her for help with my toddler, she took it in a weird way, as if I were implying she isn't always willing to help. Oh for the love of Pete. I ended up bawling on the phone saying I was just trying to ask for some help.

My mother and her guilt !@#% trips. I wish I hadn't talked to her at all now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page