Who's cloth diapering... and what's in your stash? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 12-11-2008, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
weeduckling, I'm up in the SF Bay Area. The store that has the classes is called Tiny Tots. I actually found the store when I was buying diapers from a lady off of craigslist!

I figure it would be a sell to use their diapering service. They do have some things I would want to get at their store so I don't mind them trying to sell me.
#32 of 45 Old 12-11-2008, 04:39 PM

Kssinca,

I will be using tiny tots for diaper service. :-) But their store isn't that close to me. Maybe it would be worth driving down for the class - I feel somewhat clueless. When are you taking yours? I'd love to hear if it is worth the drive or not.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#33 of 45 Old 12-11-2008, 05:46 PM

I have a bunch of newborn and infant prefolds, a bunch of flats, a bunch of one size fitted, a few newborn WAHM fitted, 18 one size tiny tush pockets, a few feece and interlock covers I made, a few longies I knitted, a few soakers I knitted as well.

I like to have some of everything!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#34 of 45 Old 12-11-2008, 10:44 PM

I feel like I've already responded to a thread like this- but I see that I haven't!

I'll be diapering 2, Eva and new baby, so I have a tonne. Too much!

1 doz infant prefolds.
2 doz kushies fitteds.

A few small wool soakers.

6 regular prefolds
3 doz premium pf's
1.5 doz goodmama onesize fitteds.

Tons of med/large wool soakers and longies....
a few small, a few med, a large or two waterproof covers; kushies, bummis
snappis
a couple odds and ends- bamboo velour prefolds, random dipes
oh, and 3 haute pockets- one size

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#35 of 45 Old 12-12-2008, 12:10 PM

For my 2 year old I have

12 prefolds
2 bummi's whisper wraps
1 thirsties cover
4 dappi nylon pants
1 BG 3.0
5 Kushies AIOs

and I just got some in the mail for baby
12 preemie prefolds
12 infant prefolds
2 newborn prowraps
1 thirsties cover
2 BG 2.0s
5 Kushies AIOs for 16lbs and up

military wife to Eric, mommy to Ani 11/06 and Emi 2/09 and our angels angel1.gif 12/10, and angel1.gif 2/12 and our newest addition Izzy 4/13

#36 of 45 Old 12-12-2008, 07:39 PM

I have fluff! I went to my friends house today and this is what she gave me!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...e/IMG_6831.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...e/IMG_6834.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...e/IMG_6835.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...e/IMG_6836.jpg

They are a mixture of fitted, AIO's, pockets etc... Looks like all I need to pick up newborn wise is some covers and maybe a dozen prefolds. So I can spend my money on the next size up.

:
#37 of 45 Old 12-12-2008, 08:55 PM

Jenivere, so cute! I spend too much time looking at diapers on the web! I want them ALL!!! I'm not feeling very cute/attractive but atleast my baby can be the stylish one!

I'm very excited to do my cloth diapering class! As much as I just want to focus on the cuteness aspect, I want to be sure I know how to put the prefolds on!
#38 of 45 Old 12-12-2008, 09:02 PM

Oh same here. I want some of these http://hyenacart.com/PreFitted/index.php?c=11 and these http://www.crickettsdiapers.com/diapers.htm as well as some flat and wraps from Green Mountain diapers.

:
#39 of 45 Old 12-13-2008, 08:06 PM

Arg! We want to, but we have nothing but a bunch of Gerber prefolds we bought for K when he spit up all the time. I am buying a pattern, but can't afford materials at this point. I have a feeling we are destined for sposies
#40 of 45 Old 12-13-2008, 11:12 PM

dooney,
Can you try pretending you need to buy a box of sposies and wipes and taking the money out and putting it in a jar every 2 weeks until babe comes? You would have enough money by the time babe arrives for prefolds and covers. Then just keep doing that and to get the next size or some AIOs or whatever you want. Another option is just get the prefolds and knit or crochet your covers or make the dipes out of recycled tee shirts and the covers out of recycled sweaters. There is a really good site on frugal diapering check out the diapering forum. You can do it and for much cheaper than sposies.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#41 of 45 Old 12-14-2008, 03:42 AM

dooney, I found one frugal mom's website who made prefolds from secondhand receiving blankets. She said she was able to purchase them at yardsales for spare change. If you want, I can find the website and pm you the link.
#42 of 45 Old 12-14-2008, 05:37 PM

If you can manage to save a few bucks and want fitteds here is a simple pattern for turning pre folds into fitteds. http://www.diapersewing.com/prefold_to_fitted.htm I was given newborn diapers but I plan to make some of these in the next size up.

:
#43 of 45 Old 12-16-2008, 08:58 PM

I'm just jumping in. I'm hoping to EC but my mom gave me her 25 year old cloth diapers that are going through the wash now. They've held up pretty well considering! The neighbor has lent me one AIO that she never used and 6 bummis super whisper covers (1 XS, 5 SM). I'm not going to worry about filling in any missing needs until after Christmas.

Maman to Mlle. C born 2/22/09, Due with #2 at the end of May 2013

#44 of 45 Old 12-16-2008, 09:18 PM
tak

Right now I have 20-something newborn to 3 month homemade flannel diapers and a bunch of covers, and 12 mother-ease -- combination of one-size and med. & large Sandy's, and various covers and stuffers.
#45 of 45 Old 12-18-2008, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
We just added two bummi's newborn covers to our stash, just in case baby is really tiny. So I think we're set!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page