Weekly chat thread December 13th-19th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, can you believe this is the last week before Christmas? Yikes! We are finally getting our tree today! Of course, all of us have a little cold now . . . :

So, I've started oil pulling. I was interested in this for a few months, but had thought you weren't supposed to do it during pregnancy, and then I read from a source I trusted that it was completely safe during pregnancy. So I'm going to try it. It's a little hard with my gag reflx, though. I forgot this morning, I ate something right away-- so I will wait until I have an empty stomach again. (The windows of when I have an empty stomach are small and limited!)

Well, how is everyone doing?

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#2 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 03:20 PM
k13

LionTigerBear -What is oil pulling?

We're getting our tree today too. It is supposed to snow and get really cold here today. Snow could really mess up my last minute christmas shopping plans : I feel like I have a lot to do still and can't believe it's only a week away!!!

I did go and get a bunch of my homebirth supplies. I still need a portable heater for the bedroom, an extra shower curtain for the bed and some other stuff but I got all the drug-store items. So I feel better about that. It is pretty funny to be all large and pregnant and have the drugstore clerk looking at me strange for buying all these maxipads and disposable underpads and things

We're supposed to be doing a private "birth ed" class tomorrow given by my doula friend with another couple, unless it snows and she can't get into town then we'll have to do it after Christmas. We opted for a one-session private class with my friend - I've done this twice, and while a refresher is nice I'm not willing to pay the money or spend the time to do a whole course. Who really needs to hear it is my partner - this is his second birth and the first time we never did any childbirth ed. He wants to be more in-the-know and involved this time so I think it will be good for him. The other couple is my friend who is due a week after me with her first baby. She has had doula training and also felt she wouldn't need a full class - so we had my other friend tailor a class especially for our menfolk! My oldest daughter will probably sit in, too. She wants to be more involved in the birth (she's 12).

Other than feeling the holiday hecticness setting in I'm feeling good. I'm feeling like the baby is really growing. Last night I had a hard time getting comfortable, it felt like she was all elbows and karate kicks in there.

I'm just glad the uncomfortable contrax stopped after I stopped drinking the RRL tea. That was no fun and I was terrified of being put on bedrest. I'm trying to keep this baby in to term - if she is born on the same schedule as her sisters that would be early January instead of February - that's too soon!!

Hmm.. that got long! Guess I had a lot of chit chat today
#3 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 03:21 PM

Doing well here. I am exhausted after a very busy few days. My dh just graduated with his PhD!!! We are very excited! He worked very hard on this degree. . . at both working to earn our living, so that I could stay home with the children, and working on the degree. It took him 5 1/2 years, but he did it!

What a celebration!!!

My 2nd son's birthday was the day before graduation . . . and that was a fun day too!

I am so tired now, though!

Less than 8 weeks left now!
#4 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 03:26 PM

Tomorrow is exactly one month before Amelia arrives!

And of course, in my usual insaneness that is me, I decided that it would be a fantastic time to redo Jocelyn's room so that her and Amelia could share a room. And of course, Amelia's stuff is pink and brown, and Jocelyn's stuff is red and gold...and so the oriental red and rice paper room I made for Jocelyn just isn't going to cut it. LOL! So, I told DH that I wanted to repaint the room chocolate brown, and completely redecorate it. Nevermind the fact that the baby is co-sleeping with us. And never mind that the room has been completely redecorated from the paint to the decorations *4* times in the 4 years we've been here (once for Brandon, Ryland, and Jocelyn, and then once because the room flooded from a chimney leak a few months before we picked Jocelyn up from Vietnam).

I just felt bad that we didn't have any rooms to paint for Amelia (we only have a 3 bedroom house). : DH knows better than to tell me not to repaint a room...I sort of love changing room colors on him. :

So, next week, I get to start Amelia's nursery (which is also Jocelyn's room)...and not one of my kids will actually sleep in there. Jocelyn's decided she likes our bed better. :

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#5 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 03:27 PM

Congratulations to your DH Larissa! I just finished my comprehensives, so I'm all but dissertation now. It's so hard to do!

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#6 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 03:43 PM

I found out yesterday I got into the PhD program I applied to in October...for next fall...

I. must. be. crazy.

Baby is doing great, I don't think he/she is back to back with me anymore so that's good! I feel great actually!

I have been sewing and knitting like a mad women...I got Ori's Ogga Booga shirt and pant set done and Laurelle's sweater is about 1/3 done and Yarrow's heavy baby doll is done and bixed up!...I still have Yarrow's Ogga Booga dress to make, Laurelle's duvet cover is *almost* done and then I have a hat to knit for my MIL...

Gifts are coming together!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#7 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 03:47 PM

I think I am finally starting to feel better today. When I woke up yesterday, I thought I would be feeling better, but I was still miserable most of the day. By late last night I was starting to get some energy back. It's a very good thing too. I have a family coming to meet with me on Tuesday about caring for their daughter starting in May and I had to get my house in some sort of order. I had started cleaning things up, but then we both got sick so that went out the window. So, I've spent all morning cleaning and scrubbing and organizing. I was hoping to get it all done today, but I'm already feeling like I'm wearing myself out again so I think the laundry will have to wait until tomorrow.

I did discover a new trick last night. This might fall under the TMI category, but I had to share with someone. My breasts started leaking a little about a month ago, mostly just at night when I'm sleeping. This was surprising to me and a little startling, I didn't realize that happened before the baby came until it started! So, last night they started leaking and I went to wipe it off with a kleenex and ended up squeezing quite a bit more out. DH was completely grossed out and is officially not attracted to my breasts at the moment! Lol! This pregnant body never ceases to amaze me!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#8 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post
DH was completely grossed out and is officially not attracted to my breasts at the moment! Lol! This pregnant body never ceases to amaze me!
Lol! My DH LOVES it when I am lactating.

Anywho . . . .

Larissa, congrats to your DH!!! We are currently putting DH through college, and he is also working VERY fulltime (like 60 hours a week) plus the college courses, plus his volunteer work, so yeah, I know how much of an effort it is for BOTH partners! When he graduates, I will feel like I earned it too!

BathrobeGoddess, congratulations on getting into your program!!! Yay!

Oh, oil pulling is a holistic therapy that involves swishing a natural oil in your mouth for several minutes a day, on an empty stomach, and spitting it out (it's a little bit more involved than that). It's supposed to whiten teeth, heal gums, clear up all skin problems, improve energy, and generally improve health by removing toxins from the system. So they say. (You can google it!) I first heard about it from the lady I got my kefir grains from. And she is the picture of glowing health so there ya go. We shall see!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#9 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Congratulations, Larissa's DP! How blessedly wonderful that he's done!

And congratulations to BathrobeGoddess!!!
Kudos to you, mama.

And a final shout out and good-on-ya to AllyRae for finishing her comprehensives! Here comes a brilliant dissertation! :

As for me, I have a deadline with two publishers in the next ten weeks. I'm just waiting to get the manuscripts back from both. Unfortunately, a very wicked case of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome has set in, so I'm not sure how I'm going to fulfill my obligation. : Hmm. Time will tell.

On a happier note, I am THRILLED to be on the other side of 30 weeks ... we're 31 weeks now, and it's so exciting to be on what feels like the home stretch. AllyRae, you must be sooo excited to know that Amelia is coming soon. And your plans for the girls' room sound lovely.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#10 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 05:26 PM

Oh, I am so happy to have the weekend here! I didn't sleep in like I planned but I lounged around in my pj's and robe till 11:00. DH and I made a quiche this morning which was so delicious. I can't seem to drink enough OJ these days and feel like I could drink a whole carton in one morning...am I alone in this?

I plan on finishing my Christmas shopping...ok, I'll be honest, I plan to START my Christmas shopping this weekend! LOL!

We got our prefolds in the mail yesterday so I've been washing them and learning how to snappi. DH is feeling pretty proud that he did it faster then me. Good, I want him to be a pro diaper changer. We'll see how he does when the diaper is full of poop! That may be a different story! LOL

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#11 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 06:02 PM

It's a lazy morning here as well. I think pregnant women should be exempt from Christmas planning, shopping, baking, decorating, etc. AND from housework! I'm taking it plenty slow, but that doesn't prevent me from feeling guilty about it. Is it weird that I can't wait until Christmas break so that I can catch up on housework and nesting? Everyone else seems to be so busy--writing books, getting doctorates, etc. I can't seem to find the get-with-it to clean the bathroom.

The baby's doing great. Lots of bumps and movement often. I never get tired of it. I wonder though if I'm going to have a really active little person on my hands in a few months!

We're 32 weeks today!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#12 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 08:23 PM

I gave hubby the measurements to make a small set of shelves to put on our dresser for holding diapers and diapering supplies. Except for a small stocking stuffer or so we got our Son's presents today. I got a baby bed from a friend that was getting rid of it and I'm going to see of Kara's favorite doll will fit into some regular dolls clothes so I can be lazy and not sew any. Another friend gave me some small rings so I can get some baby doll slings made up. Still not sure what my middle daughters main gift will be though I am leaning towards a simple twin sized tied quilt in a cat print fabric for her bed. I also may get her a Play Mobil Dragon that she has her eye on. Kara got a single Play Mobil person with a little horsey to go in her stocking. I think DH is going to get the Wow WoTLK expansion pack and his account renewed. I think he'll be happy with that. Oh and I think he needs a hot water bottle so he can stop using me as a foot warmer when he climbs into bed.

I feel like taking a nap but it's to late in the day for it so I am going to go clean downstairs.

:
#13 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 08:25 PM

Oh and baby is pretty much staying head down which of course makes it hard to sit of straight. My midwife will be in town either monday or tuesday so that's when my next appointment will be.

:
#14 of 92 Old 12-13-2008, 10:04 PM

BG - congrats on getting into the PhD program. I remember how difficult that process was for my husband . . .and very competitive! I can't imagine being a mom and working on a PhD!!

AllyRae - congrats to you on being ABD. What a huge accomplishment! The dissertation process is difficult, as I am sure you already know. Do you have your topic?

We don't really "do" Christmas like most people do, so other than fielding questions from my children about traditions that other people do . . . it's a pretty easy season for me. We do celebrate Christmas as the birth of our Lord and Savior, but we don't decorate, do Christmas trees, or any of the other secular traditions that have developed over the years.

I saw a six week old baby tonight. . . and I the only thing I could think of was how NOT ready I am to have a baby. (not in the sense that I have to do things before she gets here, but in the sense that I am not ready to have a newborn)

I am so tired . . . and having this baby is not going to solve that problem! LOL But I am so enormously blessed, and will adore this little one!!
#15 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 04:33 AM

Oh, I had a friend just discribe oil pulling to me and, in my pregnant state, I had a very hard time not getting queasy at the IDEA of swishing oil in my mouth for 10 minutes. I guess I'm a wimp as a pregnant person.

Is anyone else having 1st trimester queasiness come back? It's not as bad, but while I have been able to take vitamins every morning before breakfast during the second trimester, now I absolutely cannot take them in the AM, even with food. I also find myself getting sick to my stomach sometimes right before getting hungry or when getting really hot. I'm not sure why this is. I have a feeling that everything is just going to keep getting harder until I birth this baby! Maybe being uncomfortably pregnant is good motivation for enduring labor?

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#16 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 08:17 AM

Congratulations to everyone all all the recent accomplishments! I'm really impressed!

I turned 40 Friday, and as my gift my husband took the day off to help me do a ton of little errands. It was a terrific gift not to have to haul myself in and out of the car 30 times!

Any other over-40's looking to deliver??? I'm actually looking forward to it. I feel so much more patient this time.

I bought a baby album/memory book last night, but when I woke up this AM, I found myself apprehensive about starting to fill it in. This is my 6th preg, and only 2nd to make it past the first trimester. Part of me still can't believe this all might work out, and I might actually be blessed with a term, live baby.

In any event, I think we have a name: Celeste Elizabeth
#17 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 10:24 AM

Congratulations to everyone! What a busy and accomplished group we all are!

Two of dh's sisters had new baby girls, one yesterday, one Friday. We're so happy to welcome Aiden and Kacy. It was awesome to hold a brand new baby and see my boys' reactions. My 3yo was fascinated, my 5yo was a little less interested but I think that had more to do with all the interesting things to explore at the hospital besides a sleeping baby! Both were full term, natural births and are doing well nursing, I am so proud of them!

I'm feeling pretty good on the Chirstmas front. We had several snow days last week that allowed me to get lots of the fun stuff done with the boys and some cleaning. Yesterday, we took them downtown and they picked out a gift for each other from the little 5&dime store. It was so cute watching them decide. And today we're cutting the tree, with hopes of getting it decorated tonight. We don't do many gifts, but I do love all the parades, baking and rituals of the season.

Like others, I really feel like this little one is growing. The jabs are getting stronger and my ribs are starting to get in the way. But over all, I feel so much better than I have in the past months. I'm really hoping it contiues for the next week or so. I'm at 32 wks tomorrow!
#18 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 11:04 AM

Lovely name - Celeste Elizabeth -

Congrats on your new nieces!! I have never heard the name Aiden for a girl.

I would love to say that we have a name picked out, and we do have the first name . .. but the middle name is just not coming!
#19 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 12:19 PM

I love the name Celeste. I tried to get DH to let me use it at least as a middle name for this one. Owyn Celeste... sounds beautiful to me. It was a no go. He is so darn picky. Last night he said he could go with Caroline for the middle name, which for a while was my top pick. However, now that he's said he'll agree to it I'm second guessing it.

What do you think about Owyn Caroline?

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#20 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 01:33 PM

I had the most bizarre dream last night: I went to the birth center and they put me in the "baseball suite" which, in the dream (since there's no such thing IRL hehe) was this really super ornate luxury suite with a giant bed, overlooking a baseball field. I was a little taken aback but otherwise kind of tickled by the room, until a tiger walked by the door. *That* I was not okay with. They shooed the tiger away and as I was getting settled in, a nurse came toward me with this strange instrument and said she needed to strip my membranes.

I told her no. She got irritated with me. A female OB came in and said they needed to do something else (I forget what -- but it was to stimulate labor); I said no, and ran home.

Once I was home I crawled on our big, unmade, messy bed, and had the baby, with no pain at all, and totally by myself.

And I woke up thinking I really should have some kind of supplies on hand (sterile scissors, string, a big bowl, PVC-free curtain, etc.) just in case I go super fast (which I doubt since first labor was sooo long), or we're snowed in or something.

So. Cool dream. Here's my question: how do you sterilize thick string? I figure I can use GSE to sterilize some scissors but what about the string for tying off the cord?

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#21 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 01:54 PM

Sterilizing the string, hmmm - I'm probably wrong, but it seems like just boiling it in water would do????

Crazy dream! I've been nervous this time around about delivering too quickly, and not being ready. My last was 2hrs, start to finish, and if this one is any quicker we might not make it to the hosp 30 min away. Especially if there is nasty weather. So I suppose I should start focusing on getting a few supplies and suggesting dh do a little reading. He's delivered hundreds of calves, but I don't really want him to compare me to a heifer as I'm pushing!

I like Owyn Caroline, but I'm not the person to ask. I've changed my mind on names I was crazy about so many times this pregnancy. We still are completely undecided on either name ...
#22 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I far prefer Owyn Celeste ...

Hey, nighten, do you know any paramedics? Or anyone who knows any paramedics? In BC we have these little handy, dandy sterile packs ... about the size of a sub sandwhich ... that have sterile gloves, scissors, clamps, gown, and snotsucker. It's all rolled up in a couple of soaker pads. I have one in my personal jump kit in the car (yes, I have delivered a baby on my own time, out of uniform, by the side of the road) and have just taken another one from the station to have on hand at the house.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#23 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
I far prefer Owyn Celeste ...

Hey, nighten, do you know any paramedics? Or anyone who knows any paramedics? In BC we have these little handy, dandy sterile packs ... about the size of a sub sandwhich ... that have sterile gloves, scissors, clamps, gown, and snotsucker. It's all rolled up in a couple of soaker pads. I have one in my personal jump kit in the car (yes, I have delivered a baby on my own time, out of uniform, by the side of the road) and have just taken another one from the station to have on hand at the house.
I don't, but I bet money my midwife has something like that and I'll ask if I can have one to keep at the house.

Thanks for the suggestion!

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#24 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 07:17 PM

Wow, so many talented mamas! You're giving me hope that maybe I could still pursue my law degree!

My dad will be coming over weekly to help with fixing up the house. My mom will be here too and that is not as fun because *I* have to entertain her. She doesn't realize that I still have things that need to get done but DH understands and so he doesn't get upset when things don't get done in time. It's just such a HUGE relief to have my dad's help because while DH would love to do it himself or even w/my dad, he just doesn't have the time. Plus my fil is happy when we have company so it will be good for his morale.

I'm feeling ok. My pubic region hurts like heck though! My mom wanted to buy me some pants and I wanted to cry every time I went into the dressing room to try some on. It might just be all in my head but everytime it hurts, I ask the baby to help mommy not hurt so much and then it really doesn't hurt so much. Whether or not my baby IS doing something, it definately does feel better everytime I ask for his help!
#25 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 07:42 PM

Mal, I love Owyn Caroline and Owyn Celeste! Good luck convincing you DH!

My first choice was Colette, but my DH said he'd never heard the name before... Geesh, I've got to get him out more often!

Tracy
Due 2/10/09
#26 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 09:07 PM

*warning - uncharacteristic venting below*

I need a maid. I have a tough time staying on top of the housework when I'm NOT pregnant, but now I can barely stand up long enough to make lunch, and forget about dishes. My hips are bad anyway, so the position it requires to do dishes makes my hips hurt for the rest of the day. DH knows this, do you think he cares? Go look in my kitchen.
We have so much clutter, too. I try to pick up but I get so tired and out of breath easily. He works 3rd shift and is "always tired." When I say "clean" he will do one thing that has no effect on the overall look of the house like go through a stack of papers, or he'll start something (yesterday the bathroom) and not finish it, and it ends up messier than when he started.
The house stresses me out. I try so hard to make it look even acceptable, but he doesn't help much at all, leaves dishes all over, etc. I feel like screaming at him. I have to remind him over and over to clean out the cat boxes. When he folds laundry, he'll put on a movie "for noise," and end up just watching the movie. I have to put everything of Kalten's away because he "doesn't know where it goes" even though he was the one who organized the drawers in his dresser. He's great with Kalten, and he will do something specific if I ask him, but sometimes I think he is the laziest person on earth.
#27 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 PM

I'm sorry, Dooney. If it's any consolation--I feel the same way a lot! When I get stressed about how messy things are or things aren't going well, I'll look over and DH is just hanging out on the computer. Come on, has he EVER picked up something without being asked just to make the house look cleaner? Oh well. At least he's good at handling me once I blow my top and start crying about it. He gives good hugs and backrubs, but the house is up to me.

I finally decided to try setting a timer for an amount of time that I could handle. Flylady.net is a good resource for this. She suggests setting a timer for 15 minutes and trying to tackle one room. If your hips hurt, you might try ten or five. I often amaze myself at how much I can get done for that amount of time. Even better would be to get everyone involved. Even Kalten might be able to pick up a few socks off the floor or put his toys or books in a general area. Anyway, I'm going to try this when I feel overwhelmed. I'll try to tackle something for a few minutes and maybe it will improve enough to give me hope and encouragement that it will all get better.

#28 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Dooney, I kind of feel like that about housework, too. I get tired so easily now. My DH means well and tries to help, but he's SO ADD () he forgets what he was doing, or procrastinates forever, and since he's not used to doing these household things as much as I am, when he finally does get to it he's just a LOT slower and less efficient so it still doesn't get done all the way.

So even though he'll tell me, "don't worry about it sweetie, I've got it, you just relax" by the end of the day it still isn't done-- plus there's more of the usual clutter of the day that he's left everywhere. Arrgh!!

I've had to realize quietly, inside my own head, that it just has to be up to me, and if it isn't up to me, it's not going to get done (as far as most household cleaning goes.)

But at least my DH tries! I really do appreciate that. Every little bit helps I guess.

ETA: MY sweet ADD DH does much better when I make him a detailed and specific list of things to do (in chronological order!) because then he can stay on track and know what is more important to me. I felt weird making him a list like that (um, makes me feel like a control freak!) but he really likes having the game plan to follow. He STILL gets side tracked! But at least more stuff gets done that way!

#29 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 10:18 PM

Would making a list for DH be insulting to him? I had to make a morning routine list for a lady that was helping us with fil. Now, she knows how to cook, clean and do laundry but my list was step-by-step because it all had to be done a certain way and there were certain restrictions.

Personally, I do better with a list too. Whenever DH wants my help with something, he is always very broad (I'll put in terms of cleaning), like, "Clean the kitchen" or "Clean up the bedroom". He would get frustrated with me because I didn't do EVERYTHING he wanted or I did the less important things or I should just "know" what to do... so now, he gives me a list of say, 10 things he wants done, in the most important order. If he wanted me to clean the kitchen, he'd list, put away any food that is sitting out, wash/dry the dishes and put them away, wipe down the stove, countertops, sink and then sweep the floor.
#30 of 92 Old 12-14-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssinca View Post
Would making a list for DH be insulting to him? I had to make a morning routine list for a lady that was helping us with fil. Now, she knows how to cook, clean and do laundry but my list was step-by-step because it all had to be done a certain way and there were certain restrictions.
I don't think it would be insulting. I made a list for DH to get things done this weekend. We really need the house to be in order because I'm interviewing a family for child care on Tuesday (my first one). There are just several things I can't force myself to do anymore, like scrubbing the bathtub (it hurts to lean over that thing), vacuuming the stairs, getting down on the floor to scrub the corners in the kitchen and utility room, etc. There were also several things that he normally does anyway, but I just needed to make sure it would get done this weekend and not later. He didn't act insulted and said it helped him stay on track to just cross off what he had done and check to see what was next.

On another note, I prepped the diapers I have today! I only have a dozen, but I've been wanting to practice different folds. I boiled them with a dash of Dawn for 20 minutes, then threw them in the wash for a hot cycle and cold rinse, and dried them in the dryer. They are soooo soft and quilted up quite nicely. I took one and my cover to my sister's and tested my skills on my 1 month old niece. It looked so cute on her! She definitely gave it a test by peeing and pooping in it immediately. No leaks! I consider that a success!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page