WHERE are my maternity clothes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-16-2008, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After I had my son and fit back into my "normal" clothes, I packaged all my maternity stuff up in a big plastic tub, labeled it nicely, and put it... away. Unfortunately, my memory ends there. Where is "away"? I have looked in every closet, every crawlspace, every nook and cranny in the basement, even the garage, and I cannot find them.
I have one blessed pair of maternity jeans that miraculously didn't make it into the box. They must have been in the wash or something. I also have two pairs of jeans that I couldn't wear anymore because I had lost too much weight, and they fit nicely now, under my belly. I work at home, so I make good use of my pajama pants as well.

I don't have many shirts, though. I am getting by with long tank tops under too-short t-shirts, and my extensive hoodie collection is coming in handy.
But I'd really really like to find my maternity stuff, I'm rapidly outgrowing my clothes.
My friend (due any day now!) said she'd lend me some stuff, so that's a big rerlief.
#2 of 8 Old 12-16-2008, 07:33 PM

My mom keeps wanting to buy me more maternity clothes. Which is nice but she keeps picking out short sleeve stuff and I know the SF Bay Area doesn't get that cold but still!!!

Maybe the label on the box fell/erased off or maybe it got moved? For me, sometimes I will swear I put something in a certain place and not realize that I had just "thought" about putting it there and ended up putting it elsewhere.

Small side note, does anyone know how to handsew lycra??? I bought some fabric ahile back and wanted to make my bellyband but don't want to take the time to figure out how to use my sewing machine.
#3 of 8 Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

I've looked in every box, labeled or not. I've even dug through my son's newborn clothes, even though I know they wouldn't be in with his.

I love my sewing machine. It's probably pretty simple to use, I'd say just go for it! I hate handsewing with a passion.
#4 of 8 Old 12-17-2008, 12:48 AM

Did you look all the way through all the boxes? Could they be hiding underneath something else?

Do you remember when you put them away? What time of year was it? Was the weather cold or hot? Would that have affected where you put them?

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#5 of 8 Old 12-17-2008, 10:31 AM

i'm just in shock that you're this far along and just now looking for your maternity clothes...wow!

hope you find em soon!
#6 of 8 Old 12-17-2008, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebelle View Post
i'm just in shock that you're this far along and just now looking for your maternity clothes...wow!

hope you find em soon!
I'll get a belly pic up soon
#7 of 8 Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

I found them in the basement Christmas day! I don't know how I missed them before. Both of us looked in every plastic bin down there... I guess we both missed that one... in the middle of the floor... ???
Whatever, it's so nice to wear pants that fit and shirts that are long enough!
#8 of 8 Old 12-27-2008, 10:35 PM

Yay!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page