Weekly chat thread Dec 20th-26th - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 97 Old 12-26-2008, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas, I hope you all had a good Christmas yesterday for those who were celebrating it (and for those who weren't I hope you had a good day too )

It's been a rough couple of days for me. My blood pressure has been insane. It keeps bottoming out on me... I have never had high or low blood pressure, always very stable and normal even through my whole pregnancy with T (which was over 43 weeks long ) and labour and delivery. This time though it goes from being normal to hypotensive very quickly and when it bottoms out I am just flattened. My head won't focus on anything and I feel like utter crap.

Then on Christmas eve day I had that going on plus I was having contractions that were early labourish (as opposed to BHish). I ended up calling my midwife at quarter to 10 on Christmas eve and she came over and checked us out.

My blood pressure was the lowest it had ever been. She checked my cervix, and it's changing from what it was before. I'm starting to dilate, and it's mushy soft. I'm measuring two weeks ahead at this point for fundal height (which explains why I'm feeling huge these days )

Basically we wait and see and hope that baby hangs in for a few more weeks. I did this with my son as well, but with bedrest I got to term (and beyond ) It did freak me out though when she was talking about how I just needed to make it to 37 weeks and I could have my beautiful homebirth (which she knows I badly want) and I realized that was only 3.5 weeks away. That's so soon! (Which is a blessing since my body is starting to get ready early, but also a little overwhelming)

Anyway, yesterday was a busy day and today we have more family Christmas to go to. I'm sitting as much as possible and letting others do the work. It's weird for me, but if it means an inside baby then it's worth it

I hope everyone else is well today

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#92 of 97 Old 12-26-2008, 05:26 PM

Hey Ladies,

I haven't posted in a while now but I've been keeping up (sporadically). Glad to hear everyone had a good Christmas. I'm still at my in-laws in Michigan.

I've really enjoyed the thread about what needs to be done in January. Like many of you, I'm also due on Feb. 12 so it's really starting to feel 'real' now.

My belly is large now and very pointy. I'm also moving slower but still feel okay. It's hard to believe that I still have several more weeks ahead.

Is anyone having problems with constipation and painful BMs? Any easy remedies you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Other than that, Happy New Year!
#93 of 97 Old 12-26-2008, 05:39 PM

heinz, I take magnesium every night (for sleep help, to prevent leg cramps, and to help reduce BH, which I have lots of) and that counters the iron I take, really well.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#94 of 97 Old 12-26-2008, 06:05 PM

Lots and lots of water, and good fiber- fruit, whole grain/rice, etc. I only have issues when I have too little of those two things. But lately I have been eating a lot of legumes and nuts for protein, which are also awesome sources of fiber. I drink about 1 1/2 to 2 gallons of water a day as well though!

Good luck.

Momma to G 12/06 A 2/09, AND ANNOUNCING... Welcome big boy! A 5/10/10 9 lbs 10 oz! We and had our 3rd UP/UC!
#95 of 97 Old 12-28-2008, 12:06 AM

Just popping in- a lot has been going on around here with family (sister) visiting and my dad's broken ankle. It's been a crazy Christmas.

Lots to catch up on!

I'm the princess with the pea- I just can't sleep, everything and anything keeps me awake. And today I've been uncomfortable, I can feel cramping in my lower belly- I think my muscles and ligaments are stretching, and my pelvis seems sore. I'm getting uncomfortable. And I feel puffy.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#96 of 97 Old 12-28-2008, 12:09 AM

Our bucket seat is on its way! I am so glad to have the choice made and purchased! I also got my dd a new True fit since her Britax will expire in March. They had it at target so I was actually able try it out before I bought it! A new novelty for me and carseats! Whoo hooo!

Birth kit is also on its way...34 weeks and counting! :

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#97 of 97 Old 12-28-2008, 02:17 AM

Hi everyone. Hope everyone's holidays have been great. we had a great Christmas with friends coming over to help us celebrate. It was mellow and relaxing and I really enjoyed it.

I can't believe how soon this baby will be here! I'm almost at the 5 week mark. I was just thinking about how long we tried for this baby and how grateful I am to be bringing her into this world so soon. I really can't wait! If we could pinpoint her name then I'd say we were ready but that has yet to be decided! I think we'll be going in with our top 3 and decide after she is born.

I'm planning to purchase my post partum supplies here in the next couple of weeks. Nursing bras and pads. What do you mama's recommend for pads? Also, anything else you think might be nice to have on hand. Being remote I will have to order most things online so any heads up would be great...no running to the local target for me. Thanks!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page