Cravings Anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-27-2008, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So i was just eating some ice cream : and it got me thinking about what i'm craving this time compared to when i was pregnant w/ ds.
both pregnancies i LOVE ice cream even more than i normally do (which is a lot)
last time i loved fish but hated anything pickled this time hate fish but love pickles (i know so stereotypical)
i'm also going through phases where i want a certain sandwich or meal. my mom was just visiting and now i really want rice stuffed cabbage again. the only problem now is that there's so little room- i'm stuffed in like 3 bites. I can't believe only a few weeks ago i was so starved that i actually ate a sandwich that weighed a pound! the first and probably only time in my life i'll manage that!
so what are you all eating?
#2 of 14 Old 12-27-2008, 05:13 PM

I MUST have orange juice every morning! I'm also very into hot sauce on lots of different things. I've always liked it but now I love it! :

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#3 of 14 Old 12-28-2008, 08:49 PM

Oranges and tangerines here too. I'm eating tangerines like they're going out of style but fresh squeezed juice is a big one too. And really any sort of juicy or tart fruit - lots of apples and lots of home made cranberry relish (cranberries, oranges and apple). Aside from that I have wanted ice cream more too (I eat the coconut milk kind). And sprite has been sounding very tempting but I rarely ever have any.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#4 of 14 Old 12-28-2008, 09:30 PM

Wow, so many of my eating habits have changed with pregnancy! It came on sort of gradually, I didn't really notice until I was already in the throws of pregnancy cravings. Normally, I like salty foods. Give me a bag of potato chips and I'm a happy girl. Right now, however, give me chocolate and sweets! I don't usually like sweet things that much, but here lately all I want is some cookies or brownies or cake.

I'm also really into apples. Not usually my favorite fruit. I mean, I always liked them but preferred oranges and bananas. I've been eating like 3 apples a day this past week. I also have the issue of wanting a certain meal all the time for a while. If I want spaghetti, it's not enough to have spaghetti once. I want it three or four times that week, then I don't want to see it again for a very long time. Milk is also very important to my diet. I have always loved milk and it's one of my top drink choices, but I REALLY want milk now. There are only two of us in the this house and a gallon of milk doesn't last longer than 3 days.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#5 of 14 Old 12-29-2008, 01:14 PM

Egg drop souuuup! I've started trying to make my own because we can't afford the restaurant kind (because you can't just buy the soup, you need chicken fried rice and onion rings too!). It's not even that close to the restaurant recipe but it does help the cravings.

Turkey sandwiches with spinach. I know they say to avoid deli meat and pre-packaged greens, but...

Spinach dip from Applebees or the Tostitos kind, I don't care. My sister-in-law gave us a gift card to Applebees, so I'm looking forward to my dip!
#6 of 14 Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 PM

I don't know if this is a craving or my brain kicking in because it knows what's good for me, but I LOVE fresh greens every day. I respect the locavore perspective, but I am so thankful that I live in a world where I can go to the store in December, when it is -6 degrees outside, and buy a fresh crispy head of romaine lettuce and make a salad garnished with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and peppers. That and some feta and tangy olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing, and I'm a happy girl. I think the ACV is actually helping combat my heartburn too. Yay!

Oh, and I'm SO thankful that it is now orange and clementine season. I am going through a five pound box a week!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#7 of 14 Old 12-29-2008, 09:39 PM

pancakes eggs and sausage was craving yesterday. today it is chinese but dont have of that around

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

#8 of 14 Old 12-30-2008, 08:18 PM

I've been craving citrus a lot. Not juice though, just the fruit. I'm anxiously watching our citrus trees for the fruit to ripen.....if the dang squirrels could only leave them alone!!!! It makes DH cringe every time I buy oranges, since we have 4 trees in the back.... but they're not ripe yet!

I'm not craving ice cream (boo hoo!) but I am craving milk! With cookies, of course. The cookies are to wash the milk down.

I'm not craving vegetables but when I do have them, I just want to keep eating and eating and eating. But only when it is in front of me....
#9 of 14 Old 01-02-2009, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

my new thing this week is celery with veggie dip!
#10 of 14 Old 01-02-2009, 03:23 PM

Garrrrlic! But not in the healthy way, of course. Garlic butter, garlic bread, garlic rolls...
#11 of 14 Old 01-02-2009, 11:46 PM

I seem to be stuck on donuts. The sprinkle covered kind. I thought about them one whole night and the next day so i walked 15 blocks to get some. I am still thinking about them - but have yet to get them again. I told myself I'd cut back the sugar after NYE. Wonder how long I'll last?

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#12 of 14 Old 01-03-2009, 12:22 AM

BLT's. I haven't had one yet, because we're out of bread at the moment, but I'm DYING for a turkey bacon BLT. And, speaking of which... I'm hungry. Must be snack time.

Kristi

Wife to 1 since 2000

Mom to 6 hippie.gif('01), jammin.gif ('02), superhero.gif('07), bouncy.gif ('09), energy.gif ('09), diaper.gif ('10)

homeschool.gif

#13 of 14 Old 01-03-2009, 12:21 PM

My only consistent craving is lemon-lime Gatorade. I'll buy a gallon jug and drink it all in 2-3 days. I need to buy it to have on hand for labor and birth, but it'll be hard to not touch my birth kit stash!

Other than that, it's just really plain stuff that takes two seconds to prepare like cereal and milk. I'm not into cooking right now. At all. It's even a huge chore to prepare the kids' lunches when my husband is at work -- blah.
#14 of 14 Old 01-04-2009, 10:34 AM

I'm on a really restricted diet because of eczema (avoiding a lot of foods), so I find myself craving things I can't have probably just because I can't have them. I was craving cinnamon rolls the other day so I decided to take time to make spelt sourdough ones.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page