Weekly chat for the New Year! December 27th - January 2nd, 2009! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 129 Old 12-28-2008, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Holy wow! 2008 is almost over!

Hope you all had a fantastic week. We had some serious snow in my area, bad enough to shut down the whole city for a while. It's melting now, finally but getting back to normal is hard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 129 Old 12-28-2008, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My birth and post partum supplies came today! I thought they would be a while longer as I only ordered at the beginning of the week but they are here! I'm so glad to have them considering this baby could be here in as little as three weeks!!! Part of my head is thinking 3 weeks?; I'm not ready! But hey it could be another 7 so I'll try not to freak out on myself.

We had a lovely quiet Christmas with just my BIL as a guest for dinner. The kids have spent the past few days just playing with they new things and we haven't done much of anything ourselves.

I'm suffering from the typical symptoms of later pregnancy; some pubic and hip pain, a lot of trouble rolling over in bed along with pain when doing so and just being stiff and sore after laying or sitting for long periods of time. After spending a good deal of the morning in bed and part of early afternoon because walking hurt, I convinced my husband we should all go soak at the local hot springs. It felt great and everyone had a good time. My toddler especially loved the two foot area and spent most of the time walking around it in this funny bent leg walk. She was so happy and it made me smile.

We've have snow storm after snow storm here which is fantastic. But a lot of people live in the valleys around the town and are snowed in so church has been canceled for tomorrow. It's supposed to warm up and even rain tomorrow but then it should freeze so the roads will be nice and icy come monday morning. Wow, I can't believe how late it is, I better get some sleep.

:
#3 of 129 Old 12-28-2008, 11:55 AM

I am so excited for this week and New Years!!! 2009!!! The year our babies will be born. I am so excited about just getting to January! I can't believe that we are all getting so close.
I have really been through it with emotions during this pregnancy. I have struggled with being pregnant in the first place . . . since this was completely the opposite of planned! I have struggled with putting weight on after I had just lost 25 pounds. I have struggled with the thought of adding another child to our mix. And I have just been all over the map with my moods.
But I am so excited to say that all of those things have just corrected themselves. I am so excited about this baby girl that I can hardly contain myself. My children are excited and their excitement is so contagious. They can't wait to meet their brand new sister . . . something they have never had! My husband is excited about it too . . . I already told him that I know that he's going to want to hog her all to himself, but he's going to have to share her a little! And he just said . . . well, if you already know I am going to do that . . . you should just get used to the idea!
We went up north for a few days to spend some time with family, and we had such a wonderful time. It was very low key, which is good . . . and we really enjoyed it. I don't know where we will live come next year, but I hope to be able to repeat our pattern in following years for Dec. 25th.

I am going to try and make a pinata this week with the children. My children know what they are but have never done one before. So, I thought we could make on Monday, and smack it open on New Years Day for something fun. They will LOVE that!

In a few short days, we can all mostly say . . . our baby will be born next month. (although, potentially some of them will be born in Jan. and I suppose some may be born in March)
#4 of 129 Old 12-28-2008, 02:49 PM

Larissa - what a great post. I can hear your excitement and I'm right there with you with the flux of emotions over the past few months! Every pregnancy I realize again that we need the full 9 months emotionally to process all that is taking place, like there is a bigger reason than just gestation on why it takes so long. There are so many stages to go through...

We had a great few days with family, too, and I loved the special Christmas time with my boys. Now that we're through with the parties and visiting, I am truly focused and excited for this baby. I'm so ready to meet him. I've been doing exercises, checking out birth announcements and washing little clothes. It seems so strange that there are only 5 wks left (for me) at the most, yet so exciting.

I'm excited, but slightly nervous. This weather is driving me crazy. I put off my last appt, because I didn't want to take another day off school so close to break (we've had a ton of snow days) but my rescheduled date we were snowed in with 8 ft drifts. So now, I've got another appt for tomorrow, and dh just said that the road is washed out on both sides from the massive melt down yesterday! Urgghh! I've lived here 9 years, and never not been able to leave the house with dh's 4WD. Maybe winter is getting it all out of its system so the next month will be clear, but I'm not counting on it. I'll definitly be checking to see what I need to do to be ready of a UC homebirth.

For the time being, I'm content to be home with no extended family obligations and the boys occupied with new toys and games.
#5 of 129 Old 12-28-2008, 03:36 PM

Today has been such a great day so far, though I'm exhausted. My dear girl friends gave me an intention/fairy godmother baby shower today. They did this when I was pregnant with Guinevere and each woman gave a gift -- a spiritual/intention gift -- and something small, tangible, to represent the gift, to the baby.

Last time Guinevere got the gifts of compassion, love of music, and good sense of humor, etc.

This time new baby got patience, an adventurous spirit, and the gift of healing touch, etc.

It was precious. Each person wrote a note to the baby in a little book that detailed the gift she was giving (something she herself has as a strength), and I have it and the little tangible gifts set aside for baby to have one day. For now, these things will live in the box with Guinevere's book, and remaining gifts (she gets the ones she's old enough for as she grows into them). All in all it's just been a really neat experience, and I'm very lucky to have such sweet friends who would do this for both my children.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#6 of 129 Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM

Larissa, I'm starting to gte more excited, too.

Renee, that sounds so beautiful! How special!

The winter weather acropss the northern part of the nation has been crazy, hasn't it? Things seem to be calming down here, though. The snow is melting, slowly, and the temperature is actually above freezing now I think.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#7 of 129 Old 12-28-2008, 09:42 PM

I just dropped my mom off at the airport so it's back to normal for me. Had a lovely time with her here but walked around a lot looking at stores and checking out parts of the city and visiting people. Now we can sell the spare bed and get the nursery set up! I'm back to work tomorrow for 2 days but looking forward to an easy week and welcoming the year our babes will come. I feel like the baby countdown really begins once the new year hits. I'll have 6 weeks exactly from new year's day! And only 1 more month of going into the office (though I plan on working from home after that) - that seems the most unreal to me!

Anyone else bumping into things with their belly? I've done it 3 times in 3 days. I feel so awful when I do. I think my belly has grown faster than my sense of it in the last couple weeks.

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#8 of 129 Old 12-28-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post

Anyone else bumping into things with their belly? I've done it 3 times in 3 days. I feel so awful when I do. I think my belly has grown faster than my sense of it in the last couple weeks.
Oh gosh YES! Ow. We have our stove knobs in a bowl on top of the counter (else Winnie would be playing with them) and so there are little metal pokey things sticking out. That get me every time now, when I'm near the stove. Ow ow ow.

I also cannot brush my teeth without making a mess down the front of my shirt.

#9 of 129 Old 12-28-2008, 11:15 PM

So, today is my birthday. About 20 minutes ago I officially turned 23 years old. It's strange because when I was a kid I remember thinking about how old I would be when certain things happened... how old would I be when I got married? How old when I graduated college? How old when I had a baby? And 23 is the age I had set in my mind for becoming a mommy... and sure enough I'll be 23 when this little one is born.

It's been a quiet birthday. We went to church this morning. My mom made me a cherry cobbler as my birthday treat. Then we went out to eat with my mom and some friends. Christmas and my birthday have both just felt different this year knowing I have this little one coming. I guess I just used to be very focused on myself, but my birthday just doesn't seem very important this year. I'm more excited for her birthday, which is quickly nearing!

People have started looking at me like they are surprised when I tell them I have 2 months left before my due date. This belly is getting quite large. I look close to term. I'm very short waisted and have no legs to speak of, so I guess the belly has no place to go but out. I'm feeling huge, does it honestly get bigger than this??

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#10 of 129 Old 12-28-2008, 11:48 PM

Mal85, Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day.

nighten, your intentions shower sounds beautiful. And how wonderful to be able to tell your daughters about these showers when they're old enough to understand.

Quote:
In a few short days, we can all mostly say . . . our baby will be born next month. (although, potentially some of them will be born in Jan. and I suppose some may be born in March)
Larissa, I can't wait! What a wonderful thing. :

This week is definitely going to be a busy one for me, but I really can't wait for 2009 to be here. I had a little slip this evening and fell "up" the stairs in my building...not hurt but it could have been bad if my hands had been full and I hadn't been able to catch myself. I guess I need to pay more attention and take things a little more slowly!

I hope everyone has a great week.

#11 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 12:20 AM

Happy birthday, Mal!

(Gosh, I feel old. I'll be 40 this month...)

#12 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 AM

i'm poppin' out too! i feel like i must be bigger already this time around but it's hard to tell...it's definitly getting harder to crawl out of bed in the middle of the night
#13 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 12:40 AM

Happy Birthday Mal!! I'm glad you had a good day.

I know it sounds bizarre but I'm glad to know I'm not the only early twenties mom out there. I turned 24 in early November. Where I live most of the new moms are in their 30's! Among all my friends near my age, I am the only one expecting! I know the average new mom in America is aged 24.5, but not in my town, which is basically the liberal small town on the outskirts of a major metropolis. It's funny, because I always identified with these women waiting to have children and having a child at 24 has had me feeling like I was doing it really young, which is silly.

Not making a commentary about when people should have babies, more just commenting on how where you are definitely can skew your perspective one way or the other.
#14 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
bluebird:From what I have heard, there is a big advantage to having kids at a younger age because it's easier to keep up with them. I would think that would be true especially for the first child or two. Once the younger ones get older, they can be a big a help with the other ones. Seems like a good system if you plan to have more than one or two kids

I am always hitting my belly on things. My belly button sticks out kind of far and it always gets scraped Oh my gosh- I was on a plane a couple days ago and using the tiny little bathroom was so hard! definitly not made for big preggo bellies!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#15 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 01:49 AM

Bluebird I live in a small, rural community and many women have their babies young here. Many younger than me. It really depends on socioeconomic status here, which is weird to say but it definitely rings true in my town. People of a higher class tend to wait longer to have kids. I'm older than most of my siblings were when they had their first, but I feel so young! I feel like I'm still a kid, really. So, it's kind of strange to think about being a mom. I think a lot has to do with the fact that we are also the first in our group of friends having a baby. I have a couple of close friends though that are considering it in the very near future and I have definitely been encouraging them to jump on the baby boat with me! I really want to share mommy-hood with them!

Personally, I always wanted to be a young mom. I can definitely see the advantages of waiting until you're older to start having children and did consider it for a brief period of time before we got pregnant. But being a mother is seriously what I was born to do. I feel like I have been preparing for it since I was a child and it's really the only thing I've ever wanted for my life. My husband is also quite a bit older than me...he's getting close to 30 already and he doesn't want to be an old dad so he was definitely ready to start a family.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#16 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 01:57 AM

Happy Birthday Mal!!

I can't sleep because my ribs hurt so bad They only hurt when I lie down but it really sucks. I'm tired, I want to sleep. Ugh...

Okay, I'll stop whining.

I am also very excited about it being 2009 soon. It just makes it seem so much closer to when I'll have my baby boy in my arms. I'm soooooo ready.

I was thinking about something that is kind of strange. A couple of weeks before my ultrasound I had a dream that my baby was a boy and he was born on February 7th. My ultrasound determined that I am having a boy and the ultrasound estimated that my due date should be February 7th. So that alone was freaky, but then the other night I had another dream and in that dream my baby was born and he weighed 7lbs 2oz. So I seem to have some sort of thing with 2 and 7. I have no idea if it actually means anything but I thought it was interesting. Or maybe it isn't and I just need to go to sleep.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#17 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 04:17 AM
k13

I was 23 when I had my first baby! I think it's a great time to start. True here too that socioeconomically younger women tend to be poorer/have less education. I was! But I went to school as I went along and it was great. It took me forever and I'm still working on my masters! I had my second baby at 27 and now I'm having my third at 35. I feel like I am finally at an age when I will not be the younger mom in the yoga class, but I'm often the only mom my age who is not having her first baby!

From a physiological point of view 23 is a perfect time to have a baby anyway! Happy Birthday!

I am having trouble sleeping comfortably too. Luckily our bed is king size to accommodate all my strategically arranged pillows

My midwife wants to do an internal this week. I'm nervous about it. Both my other daughters were born 4 weeks early which would make the equivalent for this one in just a few weeks... So I think she wants to see what my cervix is doing. But I'm also worried that an internal could irritate my cervix or something.
#18 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 10:40 AM

I go back and forth on the age thing and having babies. I have wished many times that I could have started having children much earlier than I did. I had my first at 28. I had my 2nd at 31, my 3rd at 33, and am having my 4th at 35. I have thought many times with this 4th baby, "I'm too old for this!". But on the other hand, we had alot worked out in our minds about how we wanted to raise our children that we didn't really have worked out when I was 24. We would have eventually worked those things out anyway, but it was nice having some direction prior to them joining us.

It's definitely the best time to have babies physiologically, though!! And I know several people who are having babies alot younger these days, and I think it's great!! I would have been having them alot younger if dh had been on board! And even he says we shouldn't have waited so long! (we were married almost 5 years before we had our first)
#19 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 11:47 AM

Amelia will be here in 2 weeks now! Holy cow!

Bumping into things...um, yeah. Me and walls and tables haven't gotten along very well lately because my belly keeps hitting them! : I have to be really careful cooking--I burnt my hand taking something out of the oven the other day because I was trying too hard to NOT bump my stomach on the hot oven! :

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#20 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 12:28 PM

I had my first baby when I was 21-- a planned pregnancy, and I was married. (Our honeymoon baby! ) Anyway, everyone thought I was way too young, and it didn't help that I still looked really young-- Just last year I was still getting people telling me they thought I was 14. Now I am turning 26 and I guess my looks are finally catching up with my age-- thank goodness!!!! I'm so sick of people telling me I look too young to have kids.

Oh, my belly keeps bumping into things too! I feel huge but everyone tells me I still look little and "great", whatever that means. I'll take it, though!!! I'm getting excited because it's really not much longer now, is it!!! Less than 7 weeks for me now! Oh, and I'm happy about my weight gain too. I've gained about 35 pounds so far, give or take. So I'm right on target to hit 40 at 40 weeks.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#21 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
I had my first baby when I was 21-- a planned pregnancy, and I was married. (Our honeymoon baby! ) Anyway, everyone thought I was way too young, and it didn't help that I still looked really young-- Just last year I was still getting people telling me they thought I was 14. Now I am turning 26 and I guess my looks are finally catching up with my age-- thank goodness!!!! I'm so sick of people telling me I look too young to have kids.
Same here! I have always appeared young for my age. I really still look like a teenager. People have always told me I'd be thankful for that when I get older, but right now I just get some weird looks when people see that I'm pregnant. I want to tell them I really am old enough to be a mom!

#22 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 12:54 PM

I just don't sleep anymore! I get a good 2 hours or so when I first lay down bc I'm so tired I fall deeply asleep - but after that my back and hips hurt so bad and my nose keeps getting stuffed up so I toss and turn and am wide awake wishing it were morning. I actually sit up in bed now around3 every night and just sit bc I have nothing else to do. I might be crazy to think this, but at this point I am actually thinking I might get more sleep with a baby bc I'm thinking at least the 1-2 hours I get at a time will be comfortable sleep. Man I hope my chiropractor is in the office today!!

Wow Allyrae - 2 weeks!! That is so crazy!! It'll be here before you know it. I can't wait to hear the announcement of the birth of your healthy baby girl!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#23 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 02:52 PM

OMG Allyrae! I can't believe it. I'm so excited for her arrival!

A big part of the reason we decided to get pregnant when we did was our ages. I'm 27 and Huz will be 30 when Baby arrives, which isn't old at all but I always wanted to be younger with my kids the way my parents were with me. I just think the right time comes for everyone at a different time, which is part of what makes it so interesting!

#24 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 04:04 PM

I've been snowed in and haven't left the house since the Wednesday before last. I finally am getting out today to go see the midwife. What a weird sensation to be coming out of hybernation

I went through my baby's things and realized that I have only 4 onesies. That just won't do, so I'll be stopping at a consignment store on my way back. I'm so glad that I live near so many consignment stores.

I'm sooo excited to read birth stories in the January club. It really brings it home that this baby will be coming quickly. I'm already contracting a lot and losing bits of plug. That's normal for me though, but usually it happens a little later. I labor for several weeks and then hop right into transition. I'm wondering if I don't break my bag of water this time how long labor will be and will it be less painful. Hmmm, I wonder if I'm patient enough for that.

As for age. I had a stillbirth at the age of 22 and then had my first son at the age of 23. It was normal where I was (Arkansas), but then I moved to Seattle and became a very young mother for my area. I felt like a child a lot. The only disadvantages of having my son so young were that I got a LOT of unwanted, pushy advice from EVERYONE! Luckily, I had a very supportive husband who helped to reassure me that we were on the right track. I got terrible advice, such as "wean him from the breast by putting dr. pepper in his bottle." "He needs to be circ'ed", "You're not supposed to take him outside." Just crazy stuff that luckily I knew was horrible advice. Now, at 33, nobody gives me advice. Actually, they stopped when I had my 2nd child when I was 25.

Another slight disadvantage was that I wasn't ready financially. I just assumed I'd go right back to work, but my attachment was so strong that I just couldn't. We had awhile of tag-team parenting and being really, really poor before my husband found a job in Seattle. It really sucked being a young mom on medicaid and wic. It was hard to find a decent dr.and I wasn't treated very well. I waited for over an hour each time I went to the dr. Once was 2hrs. I ended up sobbing in the dr's office and they finally saw me. I had to get all my son's vaccines at the health clinic and I had no idea that I had a choice in the matter. But that's more of a readiness/financial issue than an age issue I suppose.

Now that I'm 33, I have so much less energy than at 23. What a trade-off. I'm more ready, but my body is just tired. I'm glad I had my son so young, but wish I had been more empowered.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#25 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 04:48 PM
k13

It's cool to see so many of us started "early" here

I agree about the energy/money trade off. I am now 35 and feel like this is definitely my last one - physically it is much harder on me.

I was a single parent with my first and ended up moving back in with my family for a while to go to school. Then I managed to live on my own and go to school and be a parent - with a lot of family babysitting help! But despite being poor it gave me confidence that we would survive and be okay no matter what came our way.

I met dh we have struggled and clawed our way to where we are now - we own our own home and dh has a successful business. I'm lucky to have gotten connections to great part time jobs while working on my MA. We've done all this while having children along the way, whereas most people around here seem to wait until they've gotten "established" and then have them.

Even though we're more "established" now than I ever was when I had the other two - it was difficult to feel like it was a "good time" to have a baby. There are always financial issues, space issues...

Even though I'm glad I had my first baby "young"... I was recently trying to convince a 40 y/o friend that it wasn't "too late" for her to have a baby - we had a big conversation about the pros and cons of starting younger vs. older. There are definitely trade offs on both sides!

I'm so glad the snow is melting here... I've had severe cabin fever!

My MIL arrives tomorrow to stay with us for a while to "help out" which might be nice but might get old... she really wants to be at the birth - but it is really hard for me to say when that could be - there is like a whole month of possibility based on my past births. But I am the type of person who likes to have my space... so we'll see how helpful she is vs. my space needs I guess! It will be nice to have a babysitter for New Years eve although I might not even make it until midnight :yawning:
#26 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 05:18 PM

Whew! Just going up my stairs now winds me for a bit. I'm doing my regular monday cleaning and I have to take frequent breaks. I've had several bouts of BH; one the saturday before Christmas was pretty bad and it hurt. So I'm being more careful to rest each day and drink water when Im away from home since thats when I tend to slack. I have an appointment tomorrow.

I kept thinking I have a few weeks before I need to do some things like bake extra meals for my freezer then it hit me today that I could have a baby in three weeks so I'd better start baking. I guess that means I go finish my weekly cleaning and tackle the kitchen.

:
#27 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 05:38 PM

I'm actually happy to say that while we haven't gotten very much ready for the baby at all, we did manage to freeze some meals. But for the last 2 months, 75% of every meal has been a crockpot meal, so we make enough for 2-3 meals, eat 1 and freeze the rest. And we froze part of Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner. It's so nice to know there is food waiting for when DH goes back to work after the baby's here, and it's all allergen free for DD (multiple food allergies) so we don't have to play the "what on earth do we make" game when we're exhausted. LOL!

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#28 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 06:15 PM

meals are one of the things i have left to do as well as tackle a couple of areas i want to deep clean now or i know it will be like a year before i get to it. i'm motivated though with the post x-mas purge (in MHM) and the nesting urges will keep me going
also wanted to add that i had ds at 22 and now dd at 24- a bit young compared to most of the other moms around here too -i'm hoping people will see ds and assume that i must know what i'm doing. once ds got here i got a lot more smiles and people usually comment on how happy he is- hard to criticize when he's so obviously happy!
#29 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 06:52 PM

Mmmm, freezing meals - something I must start to do. I spent so much time baking for Christmas, I haven't focused on much else... thanks for the reminder!

Jenivere - little things are wind-ing me to. I've felt so good the last month, I kinda forget that I'm 8 mo preg, and things might not be as easy as before!

I finally made it to my appt. and all was well. Due to the weather, Doc offered to have his wife come get me on their dog sled if I wanted him to, but I declined! Our road is still washed out, and we discussed the options of me just staying home if I start labor spontanously between 36 and 38 wks (2 wks from now). Any earlier and he'd like me to call the ambulance to meet me and try get there for the baby's sake, any later and than 39 wks and he wants to induce, but more due to issues during my first delivery than the weather. I told him we'd cross that bridge when we get to it. So anyway, he gave me some ideas of things to do and keep on hand if labor starts and moves as quickly as my last (2 hrs total, 38 wks). Now, the more I look into UC, the more I'm thinking we may strive for that, if all continues to go well ... Any recommendations of websites or thoughts on how I might handle this?

It was funny, I read this thread this morning, then sat at the drs office and realized that I was the oldest pregnant lady in the waiting room. I'm only 30, but there were 2 girls (discussing who was watching their baby during prom...) and 2 other women in their early to mid 20's (by my guess). I had my first at 25, 2nd at 27 and amongst my friends, I've always been way younger than everyone else. Our friends here are all a few years older than me and we have kids about the same ages. My friends from college and highschool are mostly all just getting married and starting to think about kids. So I guess I've now felt old and young! All I can tell is that this last pregnancy has been the hardest physically, and I'm a little leary of what another one a few years down the line might do to me.
#30 of 129 Old 12-29-2008, 07:01 PM

I was 21 when my first was born, 22 for my second, 25 for my third and I will be 28 for this baby's birth. They are two years, two and a half years and two and half years apart.

I have some ham left from Christmas so today I'll get that carved up and put into my freezer. I think I'll make meatloaf either tonight or tomorrow and make like four of them so I can freeze three. That will give me a good start at least.

:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page