over did myself &feeling it - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-31-2008, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Between nesting like crazy and picking up my 30 pound toddler i've feeling like i've over done it and maybe pulled a muscle on my lower right side of my tummy. kinda like the underside right section of the babybelly. whats the best thing to do? I've called it a night early (although i did have to run after ds for a while and pick him up a few times) and plan to take it easy tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to help recover faster? Is there anything I should worry about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2008, 08:58 AM

OUCH! Not sure if there is anything you can do (maybe take Arnica homeopathy?), but I did want to empathize!

Tracy
Due 2-10-09
Old 12-31-2008, 12:22 PM

HUGS, been there all holiday season long. REST!. Let your body heal. I was on the couch for days following Thanksgiving. Treat yourself like you would if you had a cold, fluids, rest, Make lists about what you want to get accomplished before baby comes and work on that list slowly. Work hard on NOT picking up ds1. Sit down and make him climb up to snuggle. Happy Nesting.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I'm in a similar boat. I have been feeling okay lately so I thought I could handle the ball pit with my toddler at a local kids play place. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Totally irritated the SPD that was getting better.

The prior advice sounds pretty good. I use an icyhot type product ofr my back and it helps a lot. So does heating pad and ice pack.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
Old 12-31-2008, 04:05 PM
k13

Just sympathizing... put your feet up and take it easy! I second the hot/cold pack or compress idea.

It seems like the bigger my belly gets the easier it is to strain and pull muscles even when I think I'm being careful.

Take care and hope you feel better soon!

User Tag List