Intimacy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 01-07-2009, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only one still finding "it" fun and enjoyable at this point?

I think my midwives think I'm weird!

Tracy
#2 of 26 Old 01-07-2009, 07:52 PM

Um, no. We got to escape for our anniversary, and it was almost like having a honeymoon all over again!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#3 of 26 Old 01-07-2009, 07:59 PM

DH and I would like to.... but he's been so stressed out and I just can't find a comfortable position! I tried to duplicate some suggested positions with pillows but I got tired getting things lined up!
#4 of 26 Old 01-07-2009, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Our last time, which was about a week ago, was a hilarious demonstration in ornate and complicated pillow arrangements and oft switched up positions.
Much hilarity ensued.

And then I got a UTI ... but up until that, we've been having a blast!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#5 of 26 Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 PM

Okay, since someone was brave enough to bring this topic up, I'll ask a question that probably seems really dumb. I've seen "DTD" used many times on this board and have to assume that it means sexual intimacy by it's context, but I have NO idea what it stands for. Anyone want to enlighten me?

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#6 of 26 Old 01-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Do The Deed aka Have sex

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#7 of 26 Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 PM

good gravy...sooooo not feeling it at this point...sure wish I was for dh sake though

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#8 of 26 Old 01-07-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess View Post
good gravy...sooooo not feeling it at this point...sure wish I was for dh sake though
:

Poor DH. I just DO NOT FEEL LIKE IT. I think the hormones of pregnancy/nursing really affect my libido. I struggled a lot with this while nursing the twins (obviously I had double the hormones supressing my fertility then, lol). I would try to be in the mood and it just ended up being pretty awkward and unsatisfying for both of us. So I resolved to not do it unless I truly feel like it. Unfortunately for DH I haven't felt like it in a while. Now, Im holding off to avoid any possibility of bringing on labor before 37 wks when my mw can deliver me. After 37 wks I have a feeling I'll be more open to the idea. Then, of course, there is the 6 wks. post-partum. I really do feel bad for DH, he's very understanding but I know he's desperately horny

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
#9 of 26 Old 01-07-2009, 10:55 PM

I don't have as much desire but I definitely still enjoy it.

:
#10 of 26 Old 01-07-2009, 11:06 PM

Neither of us wants it very much :/ too tired, too fat feeling.
#11 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
Do The Deed aka Have sex
Oh, I'd kinda hoped it was something more romantic like "Do the Dance."

Yeah, I've wondered how it's going to feel post partum and what my hormones will do to me. I guess it will all probably eventually balance.

#12 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 AM

I am always feeling "it" while pregnant . . .even when largely pregnant.

It's after baby is born and I am breastfeeding that I lose all desire. It does all come back, though when the baby is a little older.
#13 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 AM

You're not alone! We still enjoy it often- helps me sleep!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#14 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 12:34 AM

up until about a week ago when I got *gasp* hemorroids from the baby punching me in the butt, I still enjoyed it as long as no one was too tired, and it could get pretty hilarious, which sorta killed it but thats okay. Now, umm, I probably would enjoy it but I cant get past my butt and what it could look like. I am starting to feel pretty bad for my honey! thank God he is so understanding!
#15 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 12:45 AM

I totally wish I was there with you mamas! The last time I actually wanted to do it was my husband's birthday... 3 months ago. I was finally starting to appear pregnant at that time, and finding a comfortable position was utterly impossible. I haven't felt sexy since.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#16 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess View Post
:

But if this babe doesn't show closer to my due date, you can bet I'll take one for the team and DTD to see if we can get things rolling!

K + J = DS Evan 1/26/09 and happily welcoming DS Colin, our 9lb 5oz vbac.gif New Year's Day baby, 1/1/11!
#17 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayTeeJay View Post
:

But if this babe doesn't show closer to my due date, you can bet I'll take one for the team and DTD to see if we can get things rolling!

Me too!

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
#18 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 02:25 PM

We've definitely dropped down in frequency (2 x week max, but usually just once), but luckily it is still enjoyable for me and my husband has had zero qualms about it. Oddly enough me on top was never that great for me pre-PG, but these days it has been quite nice (although some times it's amusing getting there).

I heard one doctor say on a podcast that each time you do it in the last 6 weeks you shave 10 minutes of your labor time, so whether that's true or not we joke that it's time to "shave 10 minutes." The only downside is now it seems to be keeping me awake afterward rather than helping me sleep.
#19 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 05:10 PM

We've slowed down a little, just tired, colds, etc. BUT, I now realize after having had one child already, how much more interested I am right now than I will be for probably about a year after baby. So, I am trying to take advantage of the hormones, and relatively normal breasts, of pregnancy, cause the breastfeeding hormone set-up is NOT a sexy feeling time for me.
#20 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I have not felt like dtd for the last 7 months (with a few isolated exceptions). Poor dh.... I make an effort to try to get in the mood and surprise him, and sometimes I am able to pull off a quickie, but that's about it.
TMI- My back hurts, my labia and the whole area down there are terribly swollen for some reason, and any nipple stimulation gives me awful bh contrax. Sex is not pleasant for me anymore
BUT... after 38 weeks, I will gladly dtd every night even if it hurts a bit. Anything to help this baby come out (short of actual induction, of course). So, DH doesn't have much longer to wait.
LOL... then after the baby comes he'll have to wait some more....

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mommy to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), and two angel babies. 

#21 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsTXmom View Post
Am I the only one still finding "it" fun and enjoyable at this point?

I think my midwives think I'm weird!

Tracy
Nope! Us too!
#22 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 06:05 PM

I'm feeling in the mood snuggle and "fool around" but I don't want to "do IT"
That's just b/c everytime I have gone into labor before 37 weeks, it's just hours after having sex. I'm a little paranoid. I am gonna everything I can to make sure I HBAC.

Dh on the other hand is still a typical guy
#23 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 PM

i have had zero desire this entire pregnancy... i still force myself sometimes but it has only been in the last three weeks that it has been even remotely enjoyable but it is so hard to get a good position that won't make my arms or legs fall asleep... I so thought I would be one of those second trimester horndogs but no go here.
#24 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 06:30 PM
k13

I would love to be able to DTD, but being on pelvic rest means I'm orgasmically deprived even without resorting to actual intercourse... so I'm trying to avoid anything that gets me "worked up" at all, which means poor dh is on his own

I'm now wondering if I can pull off an "orgasmic birth" to make up for all my lack of...

We will definitely start DTD again if (I should say WHEN - think positive) I make it to 37 weeks... just one more week or so to go....
#25 of 26 Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 PM

I have no desire either. Sometime I do it just for dh's sake. I have been so yeastie this pregnancy that DTD has really been a problem.
#26 of 26 Old 01-09-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebean View Post
I heard one doctor say on a podcast that each time you do it in the last 6 weeks you shave 10 minutes of your labor time, so whether that's true or not we joke that it's time to "shave 10 minutes." The only downside is now it seems to be keeping me awake afterward rather than helping me sleep.
Hey, that sounds good to me! I don't have the sleep issue though, it knocks me out.

:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page