Mothering Forum banner

Amelia's here... so who is next?

1K views 23 replies 22 participants last post by  Baby Makes 4 
#1 ·
The first baby of our DDC is here safe
:

Anyone feeling like they might be next? Early labour stuff happening? Or are there any more inductions or c-sections planned soon.

I can't believe we made it all the way to the middle of the month before we were due to have our first arrival make it here. That is amazing Mamas, these babies are baking well! Now we get to have two monthsish of birth stories and new arrivals.

YAY YAY YAY for February babies (including of course the "February" babies born in January and March
).
:

See less See more
#5 ·
I was in active labor last week (actually a week ago at midnight
) But they stopped it. I have been on bedrest since then but if I were to go in labor again they wouldn't stop it. I am 34w5d now...as of 35 wks I won't be on bedrest anymore. I am dilated to 3 and effaced 80% which I know doesn't mean too much. I don't want to go early, but I have been contracting off and on again. NOTHING like last week though. That was intense! We shall see...but I doubt I will be next.

#8 ·
I have no idea when to expect this baby. I'm only 36+2 today so I doubt I'll be next, but I'm definitely doing the prodromal labour thing as of yesterday. Menstrual like cramps (which made me feel sick to my stomach), erratic contractions... looks like it could be a fun wait for the baby.

I'll be surprised if I go before February... probably not until after my due date. I might as well get used to it

#9 ·
I have no idea! I wish I had a better sense for this. I'm due Feb 2nd so it is fast approaching but its hard to know. I'm not feeling like she'll be early but will she be late? At any rate I do know she'll come on her birthday!

#12 ·
My baby needs at least 1 more week of cooking before I can have a homebirth, so I hope it's not me! Unless we don't have anymore babies for the next week
. At my last appt the midwife said the baby was quite low but not yet engaged. So I have no idea. Just have to wait and see...

#14 ·
I'm due at the tail end of February so I'm quite certain it won't be me. I can't wait to hear all of your birth stories though to prepare me!

#16 ·
Well, my husband's work is shutting down without pay the first week of February, and he'll only have two days of accrued vacation time to use so the rest will be unpaid, and THEN I'm due after he goes back, so he won't be able to take ANY time after the baby's born.

If I were a more mainstream momma, we might be tempted to schedule something for the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. As of now, we can only hope, but Kalten was only 3 days before his EDD. My guess is Feb 9-10 (Feb 9 is when Paul and I first started dating, awwww!)

#17 ·
I don't think I'll be next, but I do think I'll go in January. My pre-labor started last week and baby is very loooow and engaged. I'm slowly dilating and effacing, but whatever about that. I'm 36 weeks today and good for a homebirth, but I'd prefer baby be closer to 38 weeks. With my last 2 kids (born at 38w2d and 37w5d) I saw my mucus plug 24 hours before labor started. It would be really nice to have that kind of warning again.

I think it would be kinda cool to have the baby on Tuesday. You could always tell the kid they were born on the day we inaugurated our first African-American President.

#18 ·
I am due Feb. 11th and I am miserable enough right now to wish it were tomorrow but my one mw just had surgery and is out for 6 weeks at least and the other one is on a cruise until Feb 9th so I really need to hold on until at least the 10th if I want to be seen by someone I know.

#19 ·
Although I am praying this baby stays in until Feb. I do not think it is going to happen.

Too many actual contractions, I know I have had some cervical change going on, and I am worried I might have a small fluid leak.

We will see, my dad's b-day is the end of this month, and I am due Feb. 9th/

#20 ·
my EDD is 2/23 but i REALLY don't see that happening.

Background - I've NEVER made it to term in 3 previous births. Maia is now sitting firmly at 0 station, and is already around 6ish pounds, I can feel shoulders rubbing agains my pelvis and palpation verifies her as beign OP and with her occiput agains my broken 5 times tailbone. Doc doesn't see me getting past 36 weeks if that far. My last DD was born at 37. I've been in prodromal labor for weeks too...

So now I'm at that "matter of time" point - she's at the gate and revving her engines simply waiting for the flag to drop...

#22 ·
Quote:
I don't think I'll be next, but I do think I'll go in January. My pre-labor started last week and baby is very loooow and engaged. I'm slowly dilating and effacing, but whatever about that. I'm 36 weeks today and good for a homebirth, but I'd prefer baby be closer to 38 weeks. With my last 2 kids (born at 38w2d and 37w5d) I saw my mucus plug 24 hours before labor started. It would be really nice to have that kind of warning again.

I think it would be kinda cool to have the baby on Tuesday. You could always tell the kid they were born on the day we inaugurated our first African-American President.
Firefly mama I'm in the same boat as you. My first two kids both born 36/37 weeks. I'm officially 37 weeks tomorrow and happy to have made it!!!
:

I'm not having any totally obvious labor signs yet but some braxton hicks and occastionally stronger contrax, baby is very low in my pelvis.

I've been holding out and telling this baby to stay in as long as it needs to. Little goals like: at least 36 weeks, now it's at least through this weekend.

I was also thinking inauguration day could be fun- and it's the first day of aquarius.

But maybe this baby will surprise me and stay in a while. Who knows? Each birth something unexpected has happened so I'm not ruling anything out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.