spotting/pink tinged discharge? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-21-2009, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At about 28 weeks I had a little spotting and my midwife assured me that it is totally normal and that they only time to worry is if there is quite a bit of bleeding. It went away and all was well. I am at 37 weeks now and it has started again. Very little dots of blood, and on and off pink tinged discharge. My midwife is super-chill about things (which mostly I love) but I don't want to call just to reconfirm that this is normal. So I just thought I would jump on here and see if others experience this, if your midwife says it is normal, or if there is other thinking about any indications this could have.... I'm 99.9% sure that this is not leaking amniotic fluid or the mucus plug coming totally undone, although since this is our first, I can't be 100% sure. But this is not a lot of liquid. Just spotting enough to require a panty liner....
Thanks!
#2 of 4 Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 AM
tak

I wouldn't worry about it unless you have severe cramping and/or the babe's movement has slowed down significantly since you noticed the spotting. I saw my doctor today and she checked my cervix and told me I might get some spotting but as long as everything else seemed normal I wasn't to worry. At this point the baby is full term so it could just be your "show" and things could be getting a move on for you!
#3 of 4 Old 01-21-2009, 03:11 PM

Have you had sex lately? That'll do it.

Or you might be losing bits of your mucus plug, which is totally normal. It refreshes itself but once your cervix starts to soften up and dilate a teensy bit (again, totally normal) some of the plug can come loose and result in spotting.

Unless it's copious, requiring more than a panty liner, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#4 of 4 Old 01-22-2009, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reassurance! I guess I am just getting ready to have the baby here in a few weeks. How exciting! It is becoming so real now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page