"Natural induction" tricks? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 02-01-2009, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The essential oils Verbeena, Clary Sage and Clove can all induce contractions. Might be worth a try if your looking at avoiding a medical induction.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#32 of 54 Old 02-01-2009, 04:00 PM

PSA: Never use the essential oils internally though. They are meant for external use only.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#33 of 54 Old 02-02-2009, 07:58 PM

Just wanted to include on this thread-- these are the concoctions which apparently worked for Starling who just had Esme-- induced naturally without drugs. I'm not sure if she used one or both or what though . . . perhaps she will share with us later but I'm sure she must be quite busy right now. I know she did this under the supervision of a midwife, though.

LABOR TEA
2 cups water
1 part cinnamon
5 parts clove
tons of chopped ginger

Boil for 30 minutes, remove from heat and add 3 drops of VERBENA essential oil.
Makes two cups

LABOR COCKTAIL
2 T almond butter
blend with about 1 ¼ cups water
5 drops verbena essential oil
about 2/3 cup apricot juice
drink quickly (within half an hour)

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#34 of 54 Old 02-02-2009, 09:25 PM

My midwife talked about cutting back a bit on your fluid intake. Labor starts because hormones have reached a certain level. Don't dilute the hormones
#35 of 54 Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 PM

the tea and the cocktail that S&D took I also took with my ds and they worked that day. The tea I drank for 2 days though.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#36 of 54 Old 02-04-2009, 11:52 AM

I found this video (scroll down the page to view) that has the natural induction acupressure points illustrated:

http://naturalpregnancyproject.com/h...-accupressure/

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#37 of 54 Old 02-04-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten View Post
I found this video (scroll down the page to view) that has the natural induction acupressure points illustrated:

http://naturalpregnancyproject.com/h...-accupressure/
That video is great! Thanks for finding it!
#38 of 54 Old 02-09-2009, 05:28 PM

So which of the things we're talking about will encourage dilation as well as effacement? I'm feeling good about effacement--50% already and the EPO/sex seems to be helping. What helps you dilate, the physical activity? Sorry if this is a dumb question....

#39 of 54 Old 02-09-2009, 11:15 PM

ETA: this is in response to the above post-- what will encourage dilation as opposed to just effacement.

Orgasm, maybe.

Homeopathic caullophyllum, mentioned earlier, is supposed to start contractions (which is what dilates the cervix), or other homeopathic remedies to reduce "performance anxiety" or impatience or anxiety about birthing-- all emotional states which will halt contractions when your body is otherwise ready-- try Gelsemium or Chamomilla but there are others, too. Also flower essences to reduce anxiety/emotional pressure/etc.

Clary Sage and Verbena essential oils, mentioned already, are supposed to aid/strengthen or even start up contractions-- Verbena is included in the "Labor Cocktail" mentioned earlier.

Acupressure, mentioned earlier (see the video), will start contractions, but if your body/spirit isn't ready they will just peter out.

If you feel anxious for labor to start but it just isn't starting, I strongly suggest treating the emotional/spiritual/energetic side of things first. Because when you feel emotionally and spiritually ready to go into labor (and your body is ready), you definitely will.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#40 of 54 Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 AM

Total TMI question... I know sperm is supposed to be helpful, but if that always isn't involved, can sex still help?

Enjoying the adventure of NFL with my partner-in-crime , DD 03.09 , , &
#41 of 54 Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 AM

Cherry, semen contains prostaglandins that help ripen the cervix. Prostaglandins are also found in Evening Primrose Oil, which can be used orally or topically.

Orgasm stimulates oxytocin production, which stimulates uterine contractions, which dilate the cervix. Orgasm can be acheived in any manner.
#42 of 54 Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 PM

just found this website it is really well written and has some different tips

http://community.livejournal.com/naturalbirth/5678.html

#43 of 54 Old 02-15-2009, 10:28 AM

40 weeks and 3 days here
tried: spicy food, long walk, acupressure, eggplant parm.
Am thinking about picking up some black and blue cohash tomorrow

mama to dd (4-15-06) and
ds (2-23-09)
#44 of 54 Old 02-15-2009, 11:45 AM

So, 40 weeks 2 days here. We started the homeopathic Caullophyllum and Gelsemium a couple days ago, as well as an herbal skin balm with cohoshes and jasmine oil in it, which I rub on my belly and feet, and we've tried spicy foods, and bumpy roads. Nothing seems to be working yet! I mean, we get contractions-- some REALLY good ones-- but obviously no baby yet . . .

#45 of 54 Old 02-15-2009, 12:00 PM

Oh, I also had a whole fresh pineapple last night, too!

And I've been using the Clary Sage a lot, too. I added it to my lotion and also have been using it in my oil diffuser a lot, too.

I haven't tried the acupressure points this time since in my last pregnancy I found that to be kind of exhausting and tedious to do and the contractions that they started up didn't really turn into anything.

It's funny that when I DO go into "real" labor I won't know what, if any of this, was most helpful!

#46 of 54 Old 02-15-2009, 12:48 PM

I did the caulophyllum tablets every half hour yesterday. Took the parts of the labour cocktail separately i.e. ate the almond butter, drank the juice and castor oil. I rubbed the verbena on my belly because I really can't stand the taste of it. Did that this am. I didn't want to take it all together in case I have to try it next weekend as a last ditch effort.
The caulophyllum upped the contraction tempo but they still petered out. Will try it again tommorow as it says to take the day off in between.
Checked myself when I put in my EPO and I am sure that the cervix is thinning but no dilation yet.
Walking up stairs 2 at a time gives me some good contractions but they peter out when I rest.

#47 of 54 Old 02-15-2009, 11:58 PM

ok I need to be more patient. I had contractions all day that resulted in nothing but a sore back and a sore uterus. Plus I had diarrhea and felt nauseous. Not a great day. I will just sit back now and wait. I don't think I'll take the cocktail again though so it was a good learning experience.

#48 of 54 Old 02-16-2009, 12:03 AM

Once my due date came and went last April, we DTD daily. Almost every day that I was pregnant I walked for 3 miles at a good steady pace. And drank Red Raspberry Leaf tea the last week before DS was born. He finally came 2 weeks after his due date, after 2 days of easy early labor, and only a few hours of challenging back labor, born naturally at 4:10 am. I don't know if the RRL tea worked or not...but it was only 10 bucks for all of it that I bought, and it tasted pretty good with honey in it!

Good luck to all you pregnant ladies!
#49 of 54 Old 02-16-2009, 12:06 AM

someone today recommended upping the Cal/Mag. She said it especially helps for labor b/c Cal/Mag helps strengthen muscles.
#50 of 54 Old 02-16-2009, 03:25 AM

We did Caulophyllym at 15 minute intervals until the last dose, then that one I dissolved in a little hot water, and put in my water bottle, then kept refilling it after I drank down 3/4 of the water. That was 30c, though, not the 200c.
#51 of 54 Old 02-16-2009, 10:43 AM

sex worked for me, but it was the day before I was due anyway. It got my contractions going immediately and Emily arrived 12 hours later

military wife to Eric, mommy to Ani 11/06 and Emi 2/09 and our angels angel1.gif 12/10, and angel1.gif 2/12 and our newest addition Izzy 4/13

#52 of 54 Old 02-16-2009, 11:21 AM

Well, sex hasn't worked for me yet. We've definitely been trying.

#53 of 54 Old 02-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Yeah we are trying the sex too. I get cramps but no contractions.

#54 of 54 Old 02-16-2009, 08:24 PM

trying black and blue cohash herbal tinctures.....

mama to dd (4-15-06) and
ds (2-23-09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page